Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,126 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces (30926 Views)

Art Pieces / Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) / History Of Nigerian Art (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by OpinionCounts(m): 5:35pm On Jul 27, 2021
Profayo:
People that don't understand art will be wondering why they're that expensive

I am one of such people. Please can you help explain to us for our learning? Thanks.
Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by NamelessOGBENI(m): 5:41pm On Jul 27, 2021
design113:
cool
Art has always been one thing that confused me.
Still don't know how it's valued.
I'm a poet and to be honest with you, we share the same table..

1 Like

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by NamelessOGBENI(m): 5:41pm On Jul 27, 2021
drizslim:
I overlooked fine & applied arts in basic & high school to go for psychology in the uni
Now am stuck in between reality
Nice play on words and its meaning...
Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 27, 2021
I been dey draw that year oh the only thing I draw now is my phallus when I beat my meat.
Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by BrainSanitizer: 5:51pm On Jul 27, 2021
DrBrainstorm:
OP like how much this one go cost? grin grin

$5 million dollars

That the seller will pay the buyer.
Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by realstars: 6:05pm On Jul 27, 2021
In our family, we are born artist, both sculptor and painting work, paper and clay,
i like art work because God is the best artist.

1 Like

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by ablejesus26(m): 6:29pm On Jul 27, 2021
illicit:
But how much does a copy cost

I like that Tutu, it shouldn't be more than 5000 on the street

Stingy man��.
Just comot one zero from the money make everywhere dey good ��

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by LienwaltAbel(m): 6:39pm On Jul 27, 2021
richmondefosa:

This has really got me thinking.

Like you would see an abstract painting and they will slap the billion/million price tag on it.
Does the Artist determine the price?
or the materials used in making the art?
or the location of the exhibition?
I don't even know

let the art lovers come and tell us
They don't have static price tags, they are sold at auctions and bids are what increases their prices.

1 Like

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by LienwaltAbel(m): 6:41pm On Jul 27, 2021
OpinionCounts:

I am one of such people. Please can you help explain to us for our learning? Thanks.
Sometimes it's charity that increases their prices, while other times it's the hype or ego of the rich.
Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by Frenzy01(m): 6:55pm On Jul 27, 2021
This arts may be expensive but my pedigree quality dogs aren't...

Contact us today for your swift buying and selling of any Dog breed. Waybill available to any location
Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by illicit(m): 7:08pm On Jul 27, 2021
ablejesus26:

Stingy man��.
Just comot one zero from the money make everywhere dey good ��

tongue
Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by Lifeboatads: 7:12pm On Jul 27, 2021
This is nice...

I sell good Laptops..

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by Loveknitting: 7:15pm On Jul 27, 2021
design113:
cool

And I don't get why it value so much.

1 Like

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by Ashirioluwa: 7:17pm On Jul 27, 2021
Teewhy2:
Nice works, but with the present economy situation in the country can many Nigerians buy art works

The real target is either American or European market. Nigerians will not pay 50k naira for those art work.
Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by KefeeBRIGHT91(m): 7:23pm On Jul 27, 2021
design113:
cool

...usually they strike a starting price on the auction floor, there and then the price value goes up per bid until the last bidder takes it all.
Value is Relative, and its Relative is Price.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by OpinionCounts(m): 7:38pm On Jul 27, 2021
LienwaltAbel:

Sometimes it's charity that increases their prices, while other times it's the hype or ego of the rich.

Really?? Thanks.
Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by osesology(m): 7:38pm On Jul 27, 2021
Motor45:
Beautiful.. Download, print, and frame.
Your head dey there
Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by bigfoot79(m): 8:11pm On Jul 27, 2021
design113:
cool

Nobody does

1 Like

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by Cantonese: 8:31pm On Jul 27, 2021
stunnert:
Waste of money. I'd rather use that 3.4M dolls to build a multi million dollar business that will keep providing money for me and my family year in and year out.

Art pieces are very good investments too. Do you not know that over time their values appreciate considerably, especially the great ones?

1 Like

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by Slimwhyt(m): 8:36pm On Jul 27, 2021
design113:
cool

You are not alone o

1 Like

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by stieyven(m): 8:58pm On Jul 27, 2021
BabaJideAFONJA:
A rare painting of a yellow teeth Afonja.
DO NOT despise your fellow humans created in God's image and likeness. Genesis 1 :27
Remember that you shall be judged by every idle word you speak. Matthew 12 :36
You'll do well to receive Jesus into your life. Tomorrow may be too late. John 3 :16
Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by harmony75: 9:01pm On Jul 27, 2021
Artworks are priceless no one can pay for an artwork you're only appreciating it with the said price one of these here can be sold 5billion OR more it's so bad that Nigerian government does not encourage Nigerian artist in any way these artists are talented and hardworking all the street should be designed with art works to engage these artists! Oyibo s lOve African arts scuptures* paintings* adire tie and dye* woodcarving that's another way to attract tourist to the country if the government encourage these artists!
Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by DesJioke: 10:01pm On Jul 27, 2021
design113:
cool
exactly

1 Like

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by richmondefosa(m): 10:59pm On Jul 27, 2021
LienwaltAbel:

They don't have static price tags, they are sold at auctions and bids are what increases their prices.
If that’s the case, I’ve seen lots of street arts. Some are even hawked in Lagos traffic. Why aren’t these guys hosting exhibitions and auctions and selling at great prices?
Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by Christistruth00: 11:10pm On Jul 27, 2021
What of Abayomi Barber ?

Below is his Sculpture of Ooni Aderemi

The painting is Abayomi Barbers Self Portrait

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by Nobody: 12:07am On Jul 28, 2021
Profayo:
People that don't understand art will be wondering why they're that expensive
Oga prof
Please kindly explain to we ignorant peasants
Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 28, 2021
stunnert:
Waste of money. I'd rather use that 3.4M dolls to build a multi million dollar business that will keep providing money for me and my family year in and year out.
Poor people mentality. You think these set of people have 3m dollars they value?

Just like 5h ain't nothing to you. Thats how 3m dolls ain't nothing to them.
Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by FaAbokiWithSuit(m): 7:46am On Jul 28, 2021
design113:
cool
It's just friends and family that buy from you and a form of support/solidarity for the nonsense you draw grin
You sef reason am, which investment is buying a drawing or water, paper and coloring cheesy

1 Like

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by Akabuking: 11:37am On Jul 28, 2021
richmond500:
I swear somebody weh get like $90m no go get probz buying these arts
Exactly
Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by ictjobber: 2:41pm On Jul 28, 2021
damiloladuke:

The rate on your site.. Is that your buying or selling rate

that’s the amount i buy from sellers

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Steps On How To Turn You Picture Into Cartoon Corel Draw / Nairaland Portfolio For Logo Designers 2019 V2.0 / 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.