Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates (35613 Views)

Pat Utomi Charges Mcpherson University Graduates To Save Nigeria At Convocation / Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN / Education Graduates To Start One Year Internship - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by saintmm(m): 3:12pm On Jun 30, 2021
The reality of the uselessness of their greatest pride is well sited at their doorpost now.
In the current reality in Nigeria, that document is only useful to a minute percentage of graduates in Nigeria.
Let them keep keeping it.

I rise

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by BossJamal: 3:13pm On Jun 30, 2021
Giovanni2332:
Please use my own and tie suya am not interested.
I don’t think ur parents will be pleased reading this grin
Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by joliecouer: 3:13pm On Jun 30, 2021
Jinad50:
To avoid issues like this, schools should make certs of students readily avalaiable upon graduation.

Many are making use of their statement of result, hence it becomes very difficult for students to go pick up their cert in their sch.
That's what do nowadays

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by rita25(f): 3:13pm On Jun 30, 2021
u pple will CHOP certificate...shebi you know how to give 3rd class and pass oya nau....and then be forcing pple to collect trash paper at exorbitant price...publish oh no one cares

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by baralatie(m): 3:13pm On Jun 30, 2021
Organicist95:
ur English was straight forward sir

Even me I'm not a uni graduate but I clearly understand all that u wrote
I use God name beg "graduate from uni o"
Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by dsocioemmy(m): 3:13pm On Jun 30, 2021
grin grin grin
Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by joliecouer: 3:14pm On Jun 30, 2021
Obio4real:
By Obio Monday

Source: https://www.grassrootreportersng.com/2021/06/unical-threatens-to-publish-names-of.html?m=1
Since 2018, your certificate is ready on the day of graduation
Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 30, 2021
It's somehow useless
Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 30, 2021
rita25:
u pple will CHOP certificate...shebi you know how to give 3rd class and pass oya nau....and then be forcing pple to collect trash paper at exorbitant price...publish oh no one cares
grin
Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by phorget(m): 3:18pm On Jun 30, 2021
A prove to solidify the claim that school is actually a scam.
Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 30, 2021
BossJamal:

I know you work with Schlumberger and total combine. If you ara a Nigeria your certificate is useless because Buhari who doesn't have certificate is the president so automatically it renders your PhD msc BSC useless.

2 Likes

Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 30, 2021
So after the series of financial depression and hard Labor just to meet up with this single cert and at the end they expect me to use the demeaning result I might have.
God knows that I have lost all hope on that cert.
I just have to graduate and start what I've always loved doing.
The deal is to get educated, that cert is irrelevant to me
Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by harmony75: 3:24pm On Jun 30, 2021
Those that just convocated last year have made the cert available to them so if you don't want that give them their certificate immediately during convocation!
Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by PrinceOfLagos: 3:25pm On Jun 30, 2021
Some already made it without the certificate
Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by Biodun556(m): 3:28pm On Jun 30, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Sometimes, the universities are the reason why most graduates refuse to collect their certificates and concentrate more on things better and more profitable than the certificate.

I remember when I went to collect mine at the exams and records office, I was asked to pay N35k just to collect it. On a normal day, I would have ask the lady attending to me to use the certificate to fan herself from the excessive heat coming out from her body, but I just had to succumb to that day light robbery because it was needed at the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.(Abuja)

Collection of certificate in Ekiti State University may take three days with queues, payment to about seven bank accounts in different banks, making photocopies and more of unnecessary bottlenecks.
Many have already secure jobs with the University letter of attestation while some are self employed
Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by Asadujames202(m): 3:37pm On Jun 30, 2021
Same cert

Some are celebrating that they've got
Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by Asadujames202(m): 3:39pm On Jun 30, 2021
coolsegun2002:
Lol....accountant has done projection....

25k multiplied by 42 thousand graduates

Roughly 1Billion...

25k for a worthless piece of paper

Instead, I go use the money carry 3 odds

4 Likes

Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by karkel(m): 3:39pm On Jun 30, 2021
Mine could be sent to me via email
Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by Tvoice: 3:42pm On Jun 30, 2021
E no get use na , weitin dem wan use am do ? We dash una , make una use am take sell akara .
Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by Biggers82(m): 3:42pm On Jun 30, 2021
The Certificates is very useless to them when almost all the Graduates is jobless what will dey do with it ?
Cook Stew with it abi ?
Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by jaxxy(m): 3:43pm On Jun 30, 2021
Nobody will come down there and collect it, they can mail it to them. Im sure they can make the necceasry arrangements for that if they are serious.
Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by Oshokalo: 3:44pm On Jun 30, 2021
Certificate who he help, most of them are now bombers,
Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by stupidmod3: 3:44pm On Jun 30, 2021
buhari said it doesn't matter if u get 2.1 so why bother them

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by directonpc(m): 3:47pm On Jun 30, 2021
I join this club but for another school.
Now I write Java, Dart, PHP and Javascript every day. Even NYSC certificate that I mistakenly give BOI, na Grace of God make me go pick am.
Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by Judolisco(m): 3:48pm On Jun 30, 2021
Issue certificates immediately after graduation... Yeye country... Dem Don dey work with their statement of result
Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by mintdrop: 3:51pm On Jun 30, 2021
When the certificate is almost useless in this country, �
Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by authority2006(m): 3:52pm On Jun 30, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Sometimes, the universities are the reason why most graduates refuse to collect their certificates and concentrate more on things better and more profitable than the certificate.

I remember when I went to collect mine at the exams and records office, I was asked to pay N35k just to collect it. On a normal day, I would have ask the lady attending to me to use the certificate to fan herself from the excessive heat coming out from her body , but I just had to succumb to that day light robbery because it was needed at the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.(Abuja)

That's it, many didn't have money to collect their certificates.
And out of that 42000, some of them would have already died.
Many who are alive and have money now might not even need it anymore or have time to travel for collection.

BTW: I collected my certificate free of charge in 2010 at FUTA

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by authority2006(m): 3:53pm On Jun 30, 2021
BossJamal:

Trust me, certificates are pretty useless in Nigeria of today! That's the reality.
Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 30, 2021
HAS IT GOTTEN TO THAT?

ANYWAYS

GOOGLE PAYS TBH

IT'S GOOGLE ADMOBS OR NOTHING....

EARN MASSIVELY ON A MONTHLY BASIS

GIVE THIS A TRIAL.....

Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 30, 2021
Unical is notorious for withholding degree certificates, since the 90s, culpable departments include faculty of mgt sciences .
Don't know what they gain by withholding degree certicates for up to 20years.

Lazy , indolent staff and lecturers.

They re only begging people to come and collect because they need money.

Imagine someone who graduated in 2014 collecting their certificate, before someone who graduated in 2002.
One by one those sadist lecturers will die off.
Re: UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates by AnI77: 4:03pm On Jun 30, 2021
Obio4real:
By Obio Monday
This is complete nonsense. I remember shuttling between home and Calabar just to get my certificate between 1997 and 1999 until I got tired of UNICAL's way of doing things at their registrar's office. Today, they expect me to travel to Nigeria to collect the certificate of a bachelor's degree I earned in 1997 when the day I got awarded a Ph.D. 13 years ago in the same field outside Nigeria, I got my certificate and transcript the same day during the graduation ceremony without begging anybody for it. Isn't God wonderful? Tell them I say that I had since moved on from their bullshitting, and that their certificate is useless to me. If they like let them extend the deadline to 10 years from today I am not coming for it. I am not interested in their certificate anymore.

Source: https://www.grassrootreportersng.com/2021/06/unical-threatens-to-publish-names-of.html?m=1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jealous JSS1 Student Who Poisoned Classmate With Acid In Lagos Expelled / Hilarious Nicknames Given To Your Teachers When You're In Secondary School... / Cross River Public Schools To Resume June 16 As Government Mass Produces PPE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.