Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria (1121 Views)

Ignorant People Accusing Me Of Demanding 25% – Wike / Father Abiagom Reacts To Garba Shehu Accusing Mbaka Of Demanding For Contracts / Quilox: Akin Alabi Accuses Police Of Demanding Bribe To Release Impounded Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by Rissamenti: 1:12am On Jul 01, 2021
Nigeria has Africa's fastest growing indigenous vehicle manufacturing sector.

It was the likely reason Toyota stayed away, and chose Ghana instead.

Many Nigerians are so daft that they see a foreign car maker building a plant in Ghana as a sign of good things happening in Ghana.

And they are so deluded that they think the carmaker not coming to Nigeria amounts to their 'snubbing' Nigeria.

HOW DELUDED.

The LESS number of foreign car makers we have in Nigeria THE BETTER.

WHY THE HELL do we want foreign competitors for INNOSON, Nord, ANAAMCO, PRO-FORCE, and other vehicle manufacturers we have in Nigeria?

Why are you crying for TOYOTA to come into Nigeria?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

China and India don't do that. They discourage foreign car manufacturers and impose all sorts of regulations and taxes on them, while promoting LOCAL vehicle brands.

This is EXACTLY what Buhari is doing, with INNOSON and others. He has given INNOSON contracts to supply the FG with vehicles, and contracts to supply the Airforce with parts for its fighter jets.

But Toyota went looking around Africa for which country it could exploit the most, and chose Ghana, and Nigerians are in arms, saying ''You should have chosen us! Here! Come and fck us!''

Who made you people so thoughtless?

WHEN TOYOTA MANUFACTURE IN GHANA ON THE CHEAP, AND TAKE THEIR PROFITS HOME, WHO BENEFITS?

Not Ghana.

JAPAN DOES, while suppressing local, indigenous vehicle manufacturing capacity and efforts.

The MORE foreign car manufacturers stay away from Nigeria, THE BETTER for our local vehicle manufacturing industries, and the BETTER for our industrialisation.

Kindly get this simple fact into your heads.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by Mangekyo: 1:16am On Jul 01, 2021
It's quite clear who the deluded one here is undecided

5 Likes

Re: The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by Rissamenti: 1:19am On Jul 01, 2021
Mangekyo:
It's quite clear who the deluded one here is undecided

YES. YOU. Olodo.

''Oyinbo come and exploit me. I have my own car manufacturing industry but I want you to come and kill the industry because I have no belief in myself''.

Dumb and dumber.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by hisgrace090: 1:20am On Jul 01, 2021
What a deluded writter?

1 Like

Re: The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by Mangekyo: 1:22am On Jul 01, 2021
Rissamenti:

YES. YOU. Olodo.

''Oyinbo come and exploit me. I have my own car manufacturing industry but I want you to come and kill the industry because I have no belief in myself''.

Dumb and dumber.

I won't engage you sorry. Can't afford to stoop low to the level of shit. *spits so uneducated

1 Like

Re: The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by Augla1: 1:24am On Jul 01, 2021
Oga, calm down first.
Accept reality and stop making some baseless assumptions.
You and I know that even without these indigenous auto manufacturers and your postulate of how your govt has signed some 'contracts' with them. You and I know that with the present state of affairs in Nigeria, They will still choose Ghana

1 Like

Re: The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by Rissamenti: 1:24am On Jul 01, 2021
Mangekyo:

I won't engage you sorry. Can't afford to stoop low to the level of shit. *spits so uneducated

You have NOTHING to say.

BYE.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by malcom1X: 1:28am On Jul 01, 2021
We need competition in that sector to drive down prices and get quality.

OP you failed to talk about this, Toyota coming to Nigeria will be of great advantage.
Re: The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by PrinceOfLagos: 1:29am On Jul 01, 2021
Dumb ass

Smh

Your education s a waste
Re: The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by Rissamenti: 1:29am On Jul 01, 2021
Augla1:
Oga, calm down first.
Accept reality and stop making some baseless assumptions.
You and I know that even without these indigenous auto manufacturers and your postulate of how your govt has signed some 'contracts' with them. You and I know that with the present state of affairs in Nigeria, They will still choose Ghana

Your problem is you do not really CARE about Nigeria. All you care about is looking for someone to BLAME. Take your pick - Buhari, FG, Fulanis, Northerners. Everyone except your perfect self and kinsmen.

Insofar as the ''Toyota goes to Ghana'' story casts your present enemy, be it the federal govt etc, in bad light, THAT'S ALL YOU CARE ABOUT.

I am arguing from an unemotional, unbiased perspective, and from an economic perspective.

Try and learn to do that.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by jodeci(m): 1:32am On Jul 01, 2021
dumbass,deluded and sen1le
Re: The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by Rissamenti: 1:33am On Jul 01, 2021
malcom1X:
We need competition in that sector to drive down prices and get quality.

OP you failed to talk about this, Toyota coming to Nigeria will be of great advantage.

You don't need any foreign competitors in the Nigerian car industry.

We had those in the 1970s and 80s with Volkwagen, Peugeot etc. Their presence helped Nigerians learn vehicle manufacturing, which led to the rise of Innoson, Anaamco, Proforce and others.

So of what use is Toyota coming to Nigeria now?

They have nothing to teach us. We have passed that level. We are in the process of expanding indigenous vehicle manufacturing. And the LAST thing we need is Japanese companies coming in here to build auto plants!!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by Augla1: 1:36am On Jul 01, 2021
Rissamenti:

Your problem is you do not really CARE about Nigeria. All you care about is looking for someone to BLAME. Take your pick - Buhari, FG, Fulanis, Northerners. Everyone except your perfect self and kinsmen.

Insofar as the ''Toyota goes to Ghana'' story casts your present enemy, be it the federal govt etc, in bad light, THAT'S ALL YOU CARE ABOUT.

I am arguing from an unemotional, unbiased perspective, and from an economic perspective.

Try and learn to do that.
Arguing from an unemotional perspective whilst yiur write up exudes emotion, see it all over your argument, even a drunk can perceive it from 100 miles away.

1 Like

Re: The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by Rissamenti: 1:36am On Jul 01, 2021
Augla1:

Arguing from an unemotional perspective whilst yiur write up exudes emotion, see it all over your argument, even a drunk can perceive it from 100 miles away.

Face the topic or vamoose.

You are wrong and deluded to be crying for the Japanese to build vehicle plants in Nigeria.

FACT.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by Augla1: 1:42am On Jul 01, 2021
Rissamenti:

Face the topic or vamoose.

You are wrong and deluded to be crying for the Japanese to build vehicle plants in Nigeria.

FACT.

See what am talking about, emotions exploding.

Why am I even trying to engage a discourse with you?
Emotion, they say, clouds judgement.

Gracias
Re: The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by Commentor: 1:43am On Jul 01, 2021
Mangekyo:

Because you have no point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by Rissamenti: 1:43am On Jul 01, 2021
Augla1:

See what am talking about, emotions exploding.

Why am I even trying to engage a discourse with you?
Emotion, they say, clouds judgement.

Gracias

You have NO RESPONSE. Bye!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by DoctorDree(m): 3:40am On Jul 01, 2021
Just like Twitter ran away from the yeye abi??
Mumu assumption,what about the need for competition to bring about improvement and price control??
Re: The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by Rissamenti: 3:52am On Jul 01, 2021
DoctorDree:
Just like Twitter ran away from the yeye abi??
Mumu assumption,what about the need for competition to bring about improvement and price control??

You encourage LOCAL competition, NOT competition from established foreign giants like Toyota.

Because of their competitive advantage and very high capitalisation, the latter have the financial leverage to crowd out your local blossoming car industry by keeping their vehicle prices artificially low for several years, JUST to take them out, among other advantages.

So YOU would be buying cheaper Toyota cars while your local car industries like INNOSON crumble.

Plus the local factories that arose to build complimentary parts for them.

Is that what you want?

1 Like

Re: The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by Ifearnoevil: 4:29am On Jul 01, 2021
Really?
And every time the government is talking about FDI.
Even America that have their Ford, Chevrolet,, Chrysler etc still have Toyota and Honda and Nissan plants.

And the funny thing is the people putting up this lame defense are the same people who have been yapping rubbish about Innoson, now all of a sudden, they Care about Innoson.

5 Likes

Re: The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by HitRun(m): 4:41am On Jul 01, 2021
If N30,000 fit give person this kind energy to try spin the embarrassing snub wey toyota give 9ja, imagine wetin N100,000 fit do for the same person if he hustle legit hustle.

I feel only pity for the original poster. Poverty issa bastard!

3 Likes

Re: The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:44am On Jul 01, 2021
Imagine saying a country with 50 percent unemployment rate doesn't need manufacturing plants. Such wickedness. Aren't there Toyota parts in the USA? Is Toyota indigenous to the USA? Has it stopped Ford and Chrysler from making sales.

4 Likes

Re: The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by louqas: 4:45am On Jul 01, 2021
Rissamenti:

YES. YOU. Olodo.

Dumb and dumber.

Then tomorrow they will blame Buhari and cry that his economic policies are bad, pray tell what is wrong in growing local capacity ? We prefer to export jobs meant for our youths and unfortunately the same youths you want to provide these jobs for are the ones that will be insulting government up and down........anybody hoping the youth will change this country is living in denial , they will perform worse than the current leaders
Re: The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by michlins(m): 4:53am On Jul 01, 2021
You made some valid points. How much impact it will make is yet to be seen
Re: The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by BigSarah(f): 5:46am On Jul 01, 2021
Lol, but if they'd settled in Nigeria you'll be singing something different..
We all suck in our own messed up way..

3 Likes

Re: The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by Mindlog: 5:51am On Jul 01, 2021
Defense mechanism..... Rationalization. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by Rissamenti: 5:53am On Jul 01, 2021
Ifearnoevil:
Really?
And every time the government is talking about FDI.
Even America that have their Ford, Chevrolet,, Chrysler etc still have Toyota and Honda and Nissan plants.

And the funny thing is the people putting up this lame defense are the same people who have been yapping rubbish about Innoson, now all of a sudden, they Care about Innoson.

But when Ford, Chevrolet, Chrysler etc were first starting out in America a hundred odd years ago, there was no competition from established foreign brands to crowd out those firms.

Only AFTER the local firms became able to compete on a level footing with anyone on earth did we start to see foreign carmakers in the US.

Same as China. China banned ALL VEHICLE IMPORTS for over 30 years up till the late 1980s or so, and forced their people to ride in bicycles till they learnt how to build their own cars. Today, China is self sufficient in vehicle production, and has an advanced manufacturing sector, and so has permitted foreign brands to come in and compete.

So you must build up capacity first, to match theirs, or they will just come in and destroy your industries, keeping you dependent.
Re: The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by Teeboy15(m): 6:03am On Jul 01, 2021
This is EXACTLY what Buhari is doing, with INNOSON and others. He has given INNOSON contracts to supply the FG with vehicles, and contracts to supply the Airforce with parts.

Would you be kind enough to provide proof to this?

Thanks in anticipation
Re: The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by ReneJay(f): 6:10am On Jul 01, 2021
they learnt how to build their own cars. Today, China is self sufficient in vehicle production, and has an advanced manufacturing sector, and so has permitted foreign brands to come in and compete.

So you must build up capacity first, to match theirs, or they will just come in and destroy your industries, keeping you dependent.

Your reasoning is askewed. You need to dualise your reasoning.

They fed you too much pap in your infancy to your late childhood. And it's obvious you're stil taking the pap in your early adulthood.
Re: The Idiocy Of Demanding Toyota Plants In Nigeria by helinuesIsaMumu: 6:15am On Jul 01, 2021
Rissamenti:
Nigeria has Africa's fastest growing indigenous vehicle manufacturing sector.

It was the likely reason Toyota stayed away, and chose Ghana instead.

Many Nigerians are so daft that they see a foreign car maker building a plant in Ghana as a sign of good things happening in Ghana.

And they are so deluded that they think the carmaker not coming to Nigeria amounts to their 'snubbing' Nigeria.

HOW DELUDED.

The LESS number of foreign car makers we have in Nigeria THE BETTER.

WHY THE HELL do we want foreign competitors for INNOSON, Nord, ANAAMCO, PRO-FORCE, and other vehicle manufacturers we have in Nigeria?

Why are you crying for TOYOTA to come into Nigeria?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

China and India don't do that. They discourage foreign car manufacturers and impose all sorts of regulations and taxes on them, while promoting LOCAL vehicle brands.

This is EXACTLY what Buhari is doing, with INNOSON and others. He has given INNOSON contracts to supply the FG with vehicles, and contracts to supply the Airforce with parts for its fighter jets.

But Toyota went looking around Africa for which country it could exploit the most, and chose Ghana, and Nigerians are in arms, saying ''You should have chosen us! Here! Come and fck us!''

Who made you people so thoughtless?

WHEN TOYOTA MANUFACTURE IN GHANA ON THE CHEAP, AND TAKE THEIR PROFITS HOME, WHO BENEFITS?

Not Ghana.

JAPAN DOES, while suppressing local, indigenous vehicle manufacturing capacity and efforts.

The MORE foreign car manufacturers stay away from Nigeria, THE BETTER for our local vehicle manufacturing industries, and the BETTER for our industrialisation.

Kindly get this simple fact into your heads.

ZombiFied OP. So because u have one car assembly plant in Nigeria, then u are ok... Do u know how many car manufacturing plants there is, in the US and other developed countries for example and they re still seeking for more. Those are investment flows and it generates forex for the country. It also stimulate the economy in a huge way. I don't know why Buhari Media cows don't have an iota of sense. Tueh!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Thing Go Soon Balance. Watch Out. / Osinbajo-malami 2023 Ticket Will Represent Tenure Elongation For Buhari–Bamgbose / Unknown Gunmen Kill Police Commander, Others In Plateau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.