Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,365 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Sunday Igboho House Under Attack, Lives Lost, Sunday fled(Video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sunday Igboho House Under Attack, Lives Lost, Sunday fled(Video) (3505 Views)

Sunday Igboho’s House Attacked 72 Hours To Lagos Yoruba Nation Rally (Pictures) / Lady K Cried Out At Igboho's House During The Attack (Video) / Tinubu’s House Under Tight Security As Ambode’s Supporters Storm Ikoyi. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sunday Igboho House Under Attack, Lives Lost, Sunday fled(Video) by Zxcvbnm98: 10:10am On Jul 01, 2021
Biodun556:

Was texas violent about it ?

Was the agitation led by thugs in Texas?

Why was it not granted if it is not against US law?
Look at this guy. The only reason why Texas hasn't seceded is because the majority don't support secession. Even just this year a member of the Texas House of Representatives filed a motion for a referendum. The moment it gains majority support it will happen. They have a "Texas Nationalist Movement" and Obama never sent soldiers to "Python Dance" on them even though they've been loudly agitating for secession. So what are you saying?

Were IPOB violent before the Nigerian government used force on them? Has Sunday Igboho killed anyone? He even turned over the head of the herdsmen (Wakil) that was terrorizing his people to the police. So what law has he broken by peacefully protesting?

There's a quote I love so much that goes "Those who make peaceful protest impossible make violent revolution inevitable". Nobody is happy with the unrest Nnamdi Kanu caused by his approach but its a direct consequence of the government killing unarmed protesters. Nobody would support MNK or Igboho if the government had handled this better.
Re: Sunday Igboho House Under Attack, Lives Lost, Sunday fled(Video) by superstar1(m): 10:10am On Jul 01, 2021
That is his sacrifice for the Yoruba Nesan. It is nice that the war is starting from his house grin cheesy grin

He should go and tell the people that sent him that FG is not his mate. He can be harassing Seyi Makinde if he likes; Buhari will take him to the cleaners.

Enough of his madness
Re: Sunday Igboho House Under Attack, Lives Lost, Sunday fled(Video) by Biodun556(m): 10:19am On Jul 01, 2021
Zxcvbnm98:

Look at this guy. The only reason why Texas hasn't seceded is because the majority don't support secession. Even just this year a member of the Texas House of Representatives filed a motion for a referendum. The moment it gains majority support it will happen. They have a "Texas Nationalist Movement" and Obama never sent soldiers to "Python Dance" on them even though they've been loudly agitating for secession. So what are you saying?

Were IPOB violent before the Nigerian government used force on them? Has Sunday Igboho killed anyone? He even turned over the head of the herdsmen (Wakil) that was terrorizing his people to the police. So what law has he broken by peacefully protesting?

There's a quote I love so much that goes "Those who make peaceful protest impossible make violent revolution inevitable". Nobody is happy with the unrest Nnamdi Kanu caused by his approach but its a direct consequence of the government killing unarmed protesters. Nobody would support MNK or Igboho if the government had handled this better.

Let our elected representatives decide for us just like what happens in Texas and not thugs like Kanu and Igboho
Re: Sunday Igboho House Under Attack, Lives Lost, Sunday fled(Video) by Zxcvbnm98: 10:26am On Jul 01, 2021
Biodun556:

Let our elected representatives decide for us just like what happens in Texas and not thugs like Kanu and Igboho
Unlike in the US, elected representatives are blind and deaf to what the people want. The elected officials that you speak of only tabled secession issues after it gained public support. There clearly is public support for secession here, so if the officials (who rigged themselves in through a failed political system) are ignoring those calls, people should just sit down and look?

Kanu didn't break any law before he was assaulted, and Igboho hasn't broken any law, so why call them thugs? For being at the forefront of what the people want? You don't have a case.
Re: Sunday Igboho House Under Attack, Lives Lost, Sunday fled(Video) by Chris525: 10:28am On Jul 01, 2021
You write as an educated person, loudly is not violent. Stop lying to yourself. Whatever is happening in the SE Nigeria and Texas is not the same. Anyone who takes up arm against the USA or any of it entities will be welcomed with a force that they have never known. Stop fooling yourself. Self actualization as much as it is a right must be peaceful. No country will tolerate an insurrection, democracy or not. You saw it play out in the Capitol this December. Just the capitol was breached the police opened fire.

If it was Nigeria you would call it fulani vs igbo or north vs south, different propaganda. Did you notice how all of Americans condemned the act and called for the arrest of the protesters? Thats a people with sense.

IPOB are declaring sit at home and start crying when govt. uses force on its men. Govt. should be looking till you start collecting tax? My friend wake up, do you know why every govt is always ready to sit down with ND militants and dialogue?? They have tact. They more armed than ipob would ever imagine. Have you heard them go and shoot police officers or attack security agents or innocent people or burn houses of govt officials and politicians? Or declare them wanted They are wise and recognize their limits.

Zxcvbnm98:

Re: Sunday Igboho House Under Attack, Lives Lost, Sunday fled(Video) by Biodun556(m): 10:39am On Jul 01, 2021
Zxcvbnm98:

Unlike in the US, elected representatives are blind and deaf to what the people want. The elected officials that you speak of only tabled secession issues after it gained public support. There clearly is public support for secession here, so if the officials (who rigged themselves in through a failed political system) are ignoring those calls, people should just sit down and look?

Kanu didn't break any law before he was assaulted, and Igboho hasn't broken any law, so why call them thugs? For being at the forefront of what the people want? You don't have a case.

Whether they are blind and deaf or not they hold our mandate. If you want secession, elect governors and law makers who believe in secession just like as it happened in Texas if not maintain your peace.
Re: Sunday Igboho House Under Attack, Lives Lost, Sunday fled(Video) by Zxcvbnm98: 10:45am On Jul 01, 2021
Chris525:

You write as an educated person, loudly is not violent. Stop lying to yourself. Whatever is happening in the SE Nigeria and Texas is not the same. Anyone who takes up arm against the USA or any of it entities will be welcomed with a force that they have never known. Stop fooling yourself. Self actualization as much as it is a right must be peaceful. No country will tolerate an insurrection, democracy or not. You saw it play out in the Capitol this December. Just the capitol was breached the police opened fire.

If it was Nigeria you would call it fulani vs igbo or north vs south, different propaganda. Did you notice how all of Americans condemned the act and called for the arrest of the protesters? Thats a people with sense.

IPOB are declaring sit at home and start crying when govt. uses force on its men. Govt. should be looking till you start collecting tax? My friend wake up, do you know why every govt is always ready to sit down with ND militants and dialogue?? They have tact. They more armed than ipob would ever imagine. Have you heard them go and shoot police officers or attack security agents or innocent people or burn houses of govt officials and politicians? Or declare them wanted They are wise and recognize their limits.

I disagree with you, because you're willfully ignoring the fact that IPOB never took up arms UNTIL the government assaulted them. That kind of thing would never happen here because of the 2nd Amendment, it's clearly stated in the US Constitution that all citizens have the right to bear arms to protect themselves from a tyrannical government. So as far as I'm concerned, IPOB initially commited no crimes and honestly, are justified. There's a reason why the UK and US governments are willing to hear asylum cases for IPOB members and have refused to label them as terrorists. I do not like Nnamdi Kanu's approach and the loss of innocent lives and destruction going on, but let's not pretend that it isn't a direct consequence of the Nigerian government's actions.

You spoke of the "sit at home" directive, it was completely voluntary and was to honor the soldiers that died in the Biafran war. How is that a crime? Black people here in the US have been clamoring for a public holiday to celebrate the end of slavery which they finally got this year (Juneteenth) and in SW Nigeria, June 12th had always existed to honor MKO Abiola. What is the crime in Igbo people asking for a day to honor their forefathers who lost their lives in the Civil War? I'd even argue that the high level of compliance shows how much public support there is for secession in Igboland. And note that the compliance was high pre-2015, when IPOB had no militant faction (so there was no threat of intimidation).

Again, the ND Militants are not comparable to IPOB in any way. They have no "tact" as you put it. The ONLY reason that the government was willing to dialogue with them is because they halted oil production, which is where the Nigerian government gets 90% of its revenue from. They eseentially held the government hostage. IPOB in its initial form was FAR more peaceful than the ND Militants. The only reason the government attacked IPOB was because they had nothing to lose. If oil reserves were in the SE, Nnamdi Kanu would probably be in Aso Rock right now negotiating with Buhari. Besides, what have the ND negotiations brought? The leaders of the NDA like Asari Dokubo just line their pockets with money and the problems remain unresolved.
Re: Sunday Igboho House Under Attack, Lives Lost, Sunday fled(Video) by Zxcvbnm98: 10:52am On Jul 01, 2021
Biodun556:

Whether they are blind and deaf or not they hold our mandate. If you want secession, elect governors and law makers who believe in secession just like as it happened in Texas if not maintain your peace.
You're repeating the same thing. Maybe I should make it known that I agree that electing officials sympathetic to the cause would have been the best option. In the US, politicians in support of secession only existed because of growing relevance of pro-seccession groups. In Nigeria where members of a pro-seccession group were tagged terrorists even when they handy picked up arms, how could any secessionist politician possibly be elected? I want to know. People like Abaribe are clearly sympathetic to the Biafran cause but can't even openly express their support for fear of being tagged criminals by the FG. So unfortunately, your "suggestion" can't work in Nigeria.
Re: Sunday Igboho House Under Attack, Lives Lost, Sunday fled(Video) by Chris525: 11:02am On Jul 01, 2021
I stopped reading when you said IPOB never took up arms. The woman who was shot at the capitol was not armed. If you commit or constitute any nuisance that threatens the entity of a country, maximum force would be used against you. Declaring sit at home can never be justified, what are you doing? Trying to create a parallel govt.? Also holding rallies and protests without due permits blocking roads and preventing commuters from moving freely is a crime. So don’t say they were justified or whatever language you are using.

Zxcvbnm98:

I disagree with you, because you're willfully ignoring the fact that IPOB never took up arms UNTIL the government assaulted them. That kind of thing would never happen here because of the 2nd Amendment, it's clearly stated in the US Constitution that all citizens have the right to bear arms to protect themselves from a tyrannical government. So as far as I'm concerned, IPOB initially commited no crimes and honestly, are justified. There's a reason why the UK and US governments are willing to hear asylum cases for IPOB members and have refused to label them as terrorists. I do not like Nnamdi Kanu's approach and the loss of innocent lives and destruction going on, but let's not pretend that it isn't a direct consequence of the Nigerian government's actions.

You spoke of the "sit at home" directive, it was completely voluntary and was to honor the soldiers that died in the Biafran war. How is that a crime? Black people here in the US have been clamoring for a public holiday to celebrate the end of slavery which they finally got this year (Juneteenth) and in SW Nigeria, June 12th had always existed to honor MKO Abiola. What is the crime in Igbo people asking for a day to honor their forefathers who lost their lives in the Civil War? I'd even argue that the high level of compliance shows how much public support there is for secession in Igboland. And note that the compliance was high pre-2015, when IPOB had no militant faction (so there was no threat of intimidation).

Again, the ND Militants are not comparable to IPOB in any way. They have no "tact" as you put it. The ONLY reason that the government was willing to dialogue with them is because they halted oil production, which is where the Nigerian government gets 90% of its revenue from. They eseentially held the government hostage. IPOB in its initial form was FAR more peaceful than the ND Militants. The only reason the government attacked IPOB was because they had nothing to lose. If oil reserves were in the SE, Nnamdi Kanu would probably be in Aso Rock right now negotiating with Buhari. Besides, what have the ND negotiations brought? The leaders of the NDA like Asari Dokubo just line their pockets with money and the problems remain unresolved.
Re: Sunday Igboho House Under Attack, Lives Lost, Sunday fled(Video) by Zxcvbnm98: 11:14am On Jul 01, 2021
Chris525:

I stopped reading when you said IPOB never took up arms. The woman who was shot at the capitol was not armed. If you commit or constitute any nuisance that threatens the entity of a country, maximum force would be used against you. Declaring sit at home can never be justified, what are you doing? Trying to create a parallel govt.? Also holding rallies and protests without due permits blocking roads and preventing commuters from moving freely is a crime. So don’t say they were justified or whatever language you are using.

At first I thought you were trying to have a good faith discussion. Lol what kind of false equivalence is that? Comparing people breaking in to a government building to a group of unarmed people marching in their own cities? When did IPOB ever try to break into Aso Rock? You're trying very hard but your argument isn't making sense.

You probably would've chosen the wrong side of history too when Martin Luther King marched for justice. Or when Ghandi held peaceful protests all over India to "secede" (i.e gain independence) from Great Britain. If you want to compare IPOB, compare to them. MLK and Ghandi declared many "sit at homes" as a way of protesting peacefully. IPOB initially committed no crimes, and you know it.

And what happened to the movement for black rights when MLK was killed? Malcom X, the Black Panther party, and the rest rose up and showed the US government the alternative to peaceful protests- violence. Just like ESN sprung up.

It might not be now, but someday, the people's voice will triumph. You can't use force to subdue people demanding their rights forever.
Re: Sunday Igboho House Under Attack, Lives Lost, Sunday fled(Video) by Chris525: 11:20am On Jul 01, 2021
Haha. You know nothing about nothing. Protesting without police permit/clearance is a crime. It was the same issue the Shites had with the govt.

Get your nose out of America and understand the country and issues being discussed. Of course the people’s voice will triumph not the their guns or the blood of security agents they shed. Their voice.

Zxcvbnm98:

At first I thought you were trying to have a good faith discussion. Lol what kind of false equivalence is that? Comparing people breaking in to a government building to a group of unarmed people marching in their own cities? When did IPOB ever try to break into Aso Rock? You're trying very hard but your argument isn't making sense.

You probably would've chosen the wrong side of history too when Martin Luther King marched for justice. Or when Ghandi held peaceful protests all over India to "secede" (i.e gain independence) from Great Britain. If you want to compare IPOB, compare to them. MLK and Ghandi declared many "sit at homes" as a way of protesting peacefully. IPOB initially committed no crimes, and you know it.

And what happened to the movement for black rights when MLK was killed? Malcom X, the Black Panther party, and the rest rose up and showed the US government the alternative to peaceful protests- violence. Just like ESN sprung up.

It might not be now, but someday, the people's voice will triumph. You can't use force to subdue people demanding their rights forever.
Re: Sunday Igboho House Under Attack, Lives Lost, Sunday fled(Video) by Emmypure: 11:26am On Jul 01, 2021
Almighty Sunday Igboho, hahaha
Re: Sunday Igboho House Under Attack, Lives Lost, Sunday fled(Video) by Biodun556(m): 11:32am On Jul 01, 2021
Zxcvbnm98:

You're repeating the same thing. Maybe I should make it known that I agree that electing officials sympathetic to the cause would have been the best option. In the US, politicians in support of secession only existed because of growing relevance of pro-seccession groups. In Nigeria where members of a pro-seccession group were tagged terrorists even when they handy picked up arms, how could any secessionist politician possibly be elected? I want to know. People like Abaribe are clearly sympathetic to the Biafran cause but can't even openly express their support for fear of being tagged criminals by the FG. So unfortunately, your "suggestion" can't work in Nigeria.

Nnamdi kanu pick up arms and was recruiting the now u
On-gun-known-men before he was tagged terrorist.
Re: Sunday Igboho House Under Attack, Lives Lost, Sunday fled(Video) by ivolt: 11:32am On Jul 01, 2021
Sunnycliff:

It is not an abomination in the US, Texas has been pushing for it and at no time have the USA sent military force to quash or attack them

No, some Texan rednecks and opportunistic politicians are talking about it.
If they start acting on it, they will understand the might of the US government.
It won't be like the first time around, they will be crushed very quickly.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Igboho House Under Attack, Lives Lost, Sunday fled(Video) by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 01, 2021
Sunnycliff:

It is not an abomination in the US, Texas has been pushing for it and at no time have the USA sent military force to quash or attack them

Humans and animals react to situations in different ways.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Soludo Wipes Out “office Of The Wife Of The Governor” / Beggers Spotted In Front Of Tinubu's House In Boudillon Waiting To Be Fed (vid) / Peter Obi Needs Two Things Today In Today's Court Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.