Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,793 members, 7,827,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date (11799 Views)

Again: Dangote Refinery Completion Date Shifts To 2025. / Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded / Ajaokuta Steel To Gulp $1.5 Billion, Gets 2022 Completion Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by Shaev7(m): 12:35pm On Jul 01, 2021
I don't know what they mean by 10 lanes, or don't I know what it means or how to count?
From Mile 2 I don't see any 10 lanes, what I see is bicycle lanes divided into sections, even Bush sections.
The road is not straight. Some parts are even pulling off because of poor materials used.
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by naptu2: 12:37pm On Jul 01, 2021
Previous thread.

Sanwo-Olu Urges FG To Provide Funding For Lagos-Badagry Expressway
https://www.nairaland.com/6580831/sanwo-olu-urges-fg-provide-funding
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by david102(m): 12:47pm On Jul 01, 2021
Seriously speaking, is it possible? That before December the road will be fixed?
At the rate they are going the road can't be fixed till next year.....

Except they want to work both night and day including weekends
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by drmikeadams(m): 1:28pm On Jul 01, 2021
Holyman3:
I took that road to Cotonou yesterday.

Trust me, with the level of work i saw yesterday, it will be a miracle to co grin grin ;Dmplete this road in December 2025
grin grin..
By then them neva finish our osisioma bridge for aba
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by dederocs(m): 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2021
Adequate security is necessary, there should be secure points across highways, where stops are made to detect terrorists and bandits, this will help to secure our highways and nation. These points should be manned by well trained, well armed federal officers. Terrorists are trying to infiltrate us, we need to buffer our internal, inland security.
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by wasol: 1:45pm On Jul 01, 2021
[quote author=naptu2 post=103253703]Post 1. 2 hours ago.

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4310094662345100&id=492378324116772

EVEN IN JULY, GOD CANNOT LIE...
WELCOME TO JULY.
Every half signifies one of two things; an end to a phase and a beginning of a new phase.
I pray that the good Lord, who had promised and sustained you thus far shall protect, guide, guard and unlock the glorious part of the year in your life and fulfill the remaining part of the promise for you and your family and destiny from now on, in Jesus Christ name. Amen!
HAPPY NEW MONTH!!!
#God cannot lie even in July...
PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO WATCH 'COROMYSTERY' on this link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0IvSyciZEY
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by NoToPile: 2:17pm On Jul 01, 2021
Lisaint:
Lagos State government should stop this unnecessary confusion

Lagos is just handling Mile 2 - Okokomaiko section

The rest from Igbo elerin to seme is been handled by FG!
The handling that section is (WE CONSTRUCTION),they have their yard at Agbara

LAGOS State government should tell us that they have almost complete the section they are handling!

Go and check from Agbara-Badagry the road is worst with multiple checking by men of the NPF under the Area K police command.

But for lagos to be Saying
Lagos-badagry expressway is almost completed is a lie

Let them beg FG to also pressure WE to Finish the section they are handling

What weizchino is doing is maintenance of the road, that's their contract from the federal ministry of works. They are not constructing 10 lanes all they were contracted to do is upgrade the existing 4 lanes which they have done to agbara/carwash and still doing and their contract doesn't extend to ceme.

CCECC is still constructing the 10 lanes from igboelerin , they are presently after afromedia now.

By the way there is no way that road can be ready in December , even 10 lanes to Agbara can't be ready by December
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by andrewbaba44: 2:18pm On Jul 01, 2021
That road no be am

I regret driving there for a wedding 2 weeks back

My motor suffer
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by andrewbaba44: 2:19pm On Jul 01, 2021
AngelicBeing:
Chai, the last time I was in Nigeria and went through that route, is like driving on the expressway to Hell angry

Have you try driving there recently ?
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by Ajibel(m): 2:21pm On Jul 01, 2021
naptu2:
Previous thread.

Sanwo-Olu Urges FG To Provide Funding For Lagos-Badagry Expressway
https://www.nairaland.com/6580831/sanwo-olu-urges-fg-provide-funding

Seriously, I'm surprised Fashola is finding it difficult to raise funding for this important road project since 2016. By 2023, if they don't complete it, it'll be a shame on him so I hope he does something fast about it. Lagos State has almost completed their own part, unfortunately nobody is interested in knowing who is doing which, they're all after that the road should be completed.

Sukuk bond or Dangotes intervention should be brought into this project ASAP.

I won't blame Ambode entirely for abandoning the project because even the FG couldn't do much on it.
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by Amaechi2023(m): 2:27pm On Jul 01, 2021
Holyman3:

Trust me, with the level of work i saw yesterday, it will be a miracle to complete this road in December 2025
exactly.
This has been the same story for years now.
I toiled agbara and badagry road continuously for over 2weeks this year, the progress rate by the contractors is hyper slow.
Its as though they are trying to delay the project intentionally.
Any body that stayed in Abuja and relocate to that badagry axis of Lagos would hate that place.
That place is hell..
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by AngelicBeing: 4:31pm On Jul 01, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Have you try driving there recently ?
No, l don't reside in Nigeria, l said that l went through that route few years ago while I visited Nigeria and the road was horrible, from what people are saying, it seems the road is still a death trap to Mongolia angry
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by andrewbaba44: 4:51pm On Jul 01, 2021
AngelicBeing:
No, l don't reside in Nigeria, l said that l went through that route few years ago while I visited Nigeria and the road was horrible, from what people are saying, it seems the road is still a death trap to Mongolia angry

Lol, i know you dont reside in naija

E get why i ask you, its worst than before now, the place is a no go area
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by adeniyi65(m): 4:53pm On Jul 01, 2021
Holyman3:

Trust me, with the level of work i saw yesterday, it will be a miracle to complete this road in December 2025
grin mira-what!? grin grin may the miracle happen at their speculated time o.
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by AngelicBeing: 5:02pm On Jul 01, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Lol, i know you dont reside in naija

E get why i ask you, its worst than before now, the place is a no go area
Oh my gosh, what kind of nonsense government we have in Nigeria angry

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by andrewbaba44: 5:14pm On Jul 01, 2021
AngelicBeing:
Oh my gosh, what kind of nonsense government we have in Nigeria angry

I went there 2 weeks ago

It took me the whole day

I have been avoiding to go there for almost 2 years but I just had to attend a friend wedding

I almost regretted going to the wedding but thank God

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by AngelicBeing: 5:26pm On Jul 01, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I went there 2 weeks ago

It took me the whole day

I have been avoiding to go there for almost 2 years but I just had to attend a friend wedding

I almost regretted going to the wedding but thank God
When l read news like this it breaks my heart to read the suffering millions of Nigerians are going through in the hands of wicked and callous political theives and robbers who have completely disconnected from the suffering masses, a government that cannot provide basic infrastructures to the masses should be stoned out of power angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by Lisaint(m): 5:32pm On Jul 01, 2021
NoToPile:

What weizchino is doing is maintenance of the road, that's their contract from the federal ministry of works. They are not constructing 10 lanes all they were contracted to do is upgrade the existing 4 lanes which they have done to agbara/carwash and still doing and their contract doesn't extend to ceme.

CCECC is still constructing the 10 lanes from igboelerin , they are presently after afromedia now.

By the way there is no way that road can be ready in December , even 10 lanes to Agbara can't be ready by December

Thanks for the clarification sir

So did you mean the 10 is still extending to Agbara?

I wonder how many years it will take WE to maintain that road and put it in good condition !
The road is worst mehn despite the fact that a construction company is ask to maintain the road

Only God knows how many years it will take them to construct drainage channel with the slow pace they are using to work!

I Don't blame the construction company I blame those that gave them the job without adequate monitoring.

Laslas we go dey alright for this country
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by Lisaint(m): 5:36pm On Jul 01, 2021
Amaechi2023:
exactly.
This has been the same story for years now.
I toiled agbara and badagry road continuously for over 2weeks this year, the progress rate by the contractors is hyper slow.
Its as though they are trying to delay the project intentionally.
Any body that stayed in Abuja and relocate to that badagry axis of Lagos would hate that place.
That place is hell..

The progress rate by the contractor is hyper Slow

Men of the NPF has turn that road to Business point from Agbara-Badagry

All because the road is Bad
A whole international Road
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by DesChyko: 6:15pm On Jul 01, 2021
lessonotes:
Hopefully, that Ojo - Iyana Oba axis is a hell to behold and has been for years since the construction began. Too much dust, which is definitely a hazard. May God help the inhabitants.

Hopefully keh?
Make we no dey whyne ourselves, it's not possible for them to get to Cele Nicar self until this year is gone.
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by OmoOgunOriginal(f): 7:23pm On Jul 01, 2021
Lisaint:
Lagos State government should stop this unnecessary confusion

Lagos is just handling Mile 2 - Okokomaiko section

The rest from Igbo elerin to seme is been handled by FG!
The contractor handling that section is (WE CONSTRUCTION),they have their yard at Agbara

LAGOS State government should tell us that they have almost complete the section they are handling!

Go and check from Agbara-Badagry the road is worst with multiple checking by men of the NPF under the Area K police command.

But for lagos to be Saying
Lagos-badagry expressway is almost completed is a lie

Let them beg FG to also pressure WE to Finish the section they are handling

Let me get this straight. You are attacking the person that has almost finished his work because the other people haven't done appreciable work on theirs?

Shouldn't you face those ones?

Or the Lagos State Government did is not Lagos-Badagry Road again? Is it Lagos - Abuja Road?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inspector General of Police Orders Movement Restriction On Election Day / Kano Court Fixes April 17 For Ganduje, Wife, Son’s Arraignment / Seriake Dickson And Ike Ekweremadu Commission Projects In Bayelsa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.