Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem (64801 Views)

Importers Lament ‘high’ Tariff By Nigeria Customs / Photo: Poultry Products Seized By THE NIGERIA CUSTOMS SERVICES / Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 13, 2011
i don't want to reveal trade secret here, but there are a lot of things that smaller courier company can get away with and the bigger ones cannot, because govt eyes are mostly on them,  it is the same way big companies pay taxes and cannot dodge them while small ones dodge them all the time. and get away with it. in fact customs will help them as what little they pay goes into their pocket, but the ones payed by bigger ones are monitored and goes to the govt to be embezzled later by the pple in govt
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by OnyeBabe1(f): 10:08pm On May 13, 2011
You should calculate the duty and tax yourself and take it there. The only reason these guys can do is because most people try to avoid paying import tax.
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by igbogolo: 7:54pm On May 15, 2011
angelloven:

@igbogolo.
yes we can pick it up for you. pick up from almost all the country in europe, asia and america. if you can estimate the size as in kg. and and send the address to me. i will ask my boss if we can pick it up because i personally have not had client from switzerland. my 07039219176.

Thanks angelloven. Will call you soon to discuss
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by naijacutee(f): 10:16pm On May 15, 2011
Here is a published list of import duty rates for importing items into Nigeria between 2008 - 2012 ; http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/speech.html
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by Harpesin(m): 3:46pm On May 16, 2011
@ Poster don't be surprise that Customs and NDLEA officials especially at our Airport/border are another set of people making things difficult for us in Nigeria, check it from this angle, how come we are still having contraband goods in the country? those pple are so corrupt, i had an encounter with them when I import little goods (BB) less than 10 pices from abroad, they called me that to come with all my payment docs and to come n xplain my source of income, on getting there, they did bother to check the docs they were only treting to take me to their office in which I let them know that am very much available, I quoted all customs tarrif on each good cos its my line and told them to take me to their controller if they are not satisfy with my xplanation at the end of the day one of them approached me to find them something in which I felt reluctant but the way he spoke, i just dash dem 2k n I got my goods out of there, Govt need to come to people's aid in this aspect.
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by JAZES(m): 1:15pm On May 22, 2011
EMS is the best when it comes to receiving goods
from abroad from my own personal experience.
Others will always charge you exorbitant import duties
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by Jallaldiddiq: 1:13pm On Feb 10, 2012
Hello everybody, My mom want to send me a new Apple iPhone 4s from UK with Royal mail, How will I get it in Nigeria, Please Help me
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by styles2009: 2:13pm On Feb 10, 2012
Its like a scissor, both blade would cut you.
Whatever is being, shipped or sent through a courier service, the government want to tax you on it, so why give customs or NDLEA bribe instead of the govt? Can you prove it , you bribed someone to get your stuff? If yes, show their faces and you'll see changes, if not keep quiet as you are one of those supporting the corrupt system in Nigeria.

Imagine, if nobody gave them bribes and insist on paying the duties? Their warehouse would be filled up and Cargo companies and their Bosses would have lot of work to do in solving the problem.

But Nigerians always want quick answers and dont want to ask for their right, so please stop complaining.
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by Babifaceh(m): 4:46pm On Jun 17, 2013
I have been reading about this import duties and the NDLEA wahala. Now it is happening to me. My aunt sent me a new phone from Texas. And now it is being held in lagos by the ndlea. It was supose to be delivered today. Please can anyone tell me what to do to get my phone. Its urgent.
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by pentanetworks(m): 11:48am On Jun 18, 2013
why cant you just call them or go their yourself to address issues since its not a cocaine or a gun?
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by rollingsto: 3:57am On Jun 21, 2013
hello everyone pls i bought some items from asos.com,but after fracking shows the item is stuck at yabanigeria,after conacting asos they said i have to pay custom duties,dont where how i go about locating the items...pls help
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by jeffoja: 5:11pm On Jul 07, 2013
I sent an iPad through Dhl from uk to Nigeria only for the receiver to be called two days after posting from uk to pay 12k for only one iPad

What do I do?
(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by pentanetworks(m): 3:17pm On Jul 14, 2013
EMS is the best when it comes to receiving goods
from abroad from my own personal experience.
Others will always charge you exorbitant import duties
jeff_oja: I sent an iPad through Dhl from uk to Nigeria only for the receiver to be called two days after posting from uk to pay 12k for only one iPad

What do I do?
(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
If you have been following this thread you will understand that DHL in connection with our so-called customs and NDLEA are birds of thesame feathers. call dhl to return your parcel then resend through EMS. we have to stop patronising them or you are encouraging bribery yourself!!!
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by larex321(f): 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2013
rollingsto: hello everyone pls i bought some items from asos.com,but after fracking shows the item is stuck at yabanigeria,after conacting asos they said i have to pay custom duties,dont where how i go about locating the items...pls help

I also ordered some clothes from asos.com ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊‎​ custom has it now. What do I do?
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by mitchyy(f): 5:29pm On Sep 18, 2013
My friend is having same issue with asos o. Any solution? Someone please help now!
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 26, 2013
[size=13pt]I'm using FedEx...no issues from Florida through Uk, story changed just this morning at Lagos Airport. I have mailed RedStar Express the National licensee for FedEx and I was told my items are with custom and that custom is yet to determine the duty on the items. what is the item: Wahl clipper. Now I get to wait 2days extra for customs to do their maths. Ok oh.[/size]
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by gbokun(m): 2:56pm On Oct 10, 2013
please I am having the same issue here. when was your good finally released? how many days did customs used in calculating your dues.
I am going crazy here because fedex is not helping matters at all. they are not picking calls neither did they reply my mail.
I will really appreciate it if you can give me 1/2 steps to take.thanks
MrMexs007: [size=13pt]I'm using FedEx...no issues from Florida through Uk, story changed just this morning at Lagos Airport. I have mailed RedStar Express the National licensee for FedEx and I was told my items are with custom and that custom is yet to determine the duty on the items. what is the item: Wahl clipper. Now I get to wait 2days extra for customs to do their maths. Ok oh.[/size]
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by kdf3449(m): 5:50pm On Oct 21, 2013
gbokun: please I am having the same issue here. when was your good finally released? how many days did customs used in calculating your dues.
I am going crazy here because fedex is not helping matters at all. they are not picking calls neither did they reply my mail.
I will really appreciate it if you can give me 1/2 steps to take.thanks

I am expecting some laptops and phones from the usa through fedex,it was showing Clearance in progress on Friday but this morning it started showing clearance delay so i called one of their staffs i know there,he called me back saying rubbish to me. That his colleague at custom in lagos,said i have to pay N70,000 so i asked him how it is being calculated (because i know import duty is calculated on the value of the goods you are expecting and my sender declared the value as $300 worth) and he said he doesn't know how it is being calculated ( can you imagine ). I sensed the guy at fedex is trying to rip me off so i told him not to put in any further effort as i will call my sender to contact fedex. Do you think i should contact my sender to contact fedex or i should just wait for some days? Please give me your advise on this issue. Thanks
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by Nobody: 11:21pm On Oct 21, 2013
You can call fedex direct linegive them ur tracking number they will tel u when ur goods will be delivered to you
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by kdf3449(m): 6:14am On Oct 22, 2013
Mrcdorv: You can call fedex direct linegive them ur tracking number they will tel u when ur goods will be delivered to you

Pls can you help me with fedex direct line? Thanks
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 22, 2013
Their Nigeria customer care line is 012715670
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 22, 2013
Satund Logistic we are expert custom licensed clearing and forwarding agent in Nigeria.We clear cargo in Lagos and delivered to any part of the country,North,South,East and West for Individual,Private and Public Organization.

Our objective is to ensure that our esteem customer s relax at the corner of their House,Office or Shops while we bring their cargo(consignment) to them in good conditions.

We understand the loses when paying for demurage these are reasons we ensure that our staffs are qualified and well trained to clear and forward your cargo in day.Our charges are moderation in accordance with custom duty and current rate.

We also do export of Food stuff,dangerous goods and perishable to any parts of the world at an affordable rate.We help to speak to airline to give flat rate for your export.

Satund International Logistics
2nd Floor Nahco Complex,
MM International Airport,
Ikeja,Lagos.
+2348173319366
e-mail:Mrcdorv@gmail.com
Web:www.inexbis.com
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by kdf3449(m): 9:38pm On Oct 22, 2013
Mrcdorv: Their Nigeria customer care line is 012715670

i have called them and the lady said custom held the goods and they are still working on the amount that i will pay on import duty,and they will get back to me before the end of tomorrow. I keep wondering Where that guy hear about the N70,000? Maybe because i told him the content of the package. 9ja i hail oo !

Thanks alot for your assistance bro,i will keep you posted wen i hear from fedex again. Thanks
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 24, 2013
kdf3449:

i have called them and the lady said custom held the goods and they are still working on the amount that i will pay on import duty,and they will get back to me before the end of tomorrow. I keep wondering Where that guy hear about the N70,000? Maybe because i told him the content of the package. 9ja i hail oo !

Thanks alot for your assistance bro,i will keep you posted wen i hear from fedex again. Thanks
You are welcome
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by kdf3449(m): 6:41am On Oct 25, 2013
Mrcdorv: You are welcome

I called them and i was told the import duty is N7537.99 which i have paid yesterday and they said i will get my package before the end of today. You were really helpful bro, i appreciate. Those thieves wanted to rip my N70,000 ( some people don't even know how to steal smartly ! smh ).
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 25, 2013
kdf3449:

I called them and i was told the import duty is N7537.99 which i have paid yesterday and they said i will get my package before the end of today. You were really helpful bro, i appreciate. Those thieves wanted to rip my N70,000 ( some people don't even know how to steal smartly ! smh ).
Ok good.
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by Rogergenerator(m): 8:37am On Oct 25, 2013
just hear of this
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by tonjeola(m): 9:22am On Oct 25, 2013
kdf3449:

Why don't tell the lady about the person who asked you to pay N70,000
so that fedex will know what their staffs are doing
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by kdf3449(m): 10:22am On Oct 25, 2013
tonjeola:
Why don't tell the lady about the person who asked you to pay N70,000
so that fedex will know what their staffs are doing

That is a good idea. I will see to that but i would like to confront the guy when i go there to collect the package today. I want to give him room to explain his stupidity. I shall keep you guys posted.
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by miqos02(m): 11:04am On Oct 25, 2013
subscribing to this thread
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 25, 2013
Ensure you collect your package first before confront the guy but left to me i will advice you to leave the guy to God.Thank Almighty God you have already prove the guy wrong being subscribed to this thread.To others folk who might have one or two problem with their shipment drop your question here.
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by kdf3449(m): 1:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mrcdorv: Ensure you collect your package first before confront the guy but left to me i will advice you to leave the guy to God.Thank Almighty God you have already prove the guy wrong being subscribed to this thread.To others folk who might have one or two problem with their shipment drop your question here.

I understand you bro but you know sometimes its good to let some people know that they are just being stupid.I will wait till i have my package first though. This thread really help me alot. Thanks to you all. I appreciate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

More Than 60 Million Nigerians Are Unbanked – World Bank / Forbes- Top 10 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 / Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.