Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,297 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem (64800 Views)

Importers Lament ‘high’ Tariff By Nigeria Customs / Photo: Poultry Products Seized By THE NIGERIA CUSTOMS SERVICES / Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by Gee64: 12:53pm On Feb 02, 2020
Na wao
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by denic896: 3:51pm On Feb 17, 2020
Please somebody should help me FedEx ask me to contact ndlea to clear my package and I have been trying the number they sent to me but its switched off ...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by usfieldmarshal(m): 7:10am On Mar 06, 2020
I bought a laptop from.u.s about 300k. Well wasn't told nothing, it got to.njgeria,.I saw.held by customs, I should pay 75k otherwise risk confiscation of item. Well without bargain, I paid,.then when I called a custom friend, the man screams and was like why, how can they charge 75k for a personal item. Well I have paid, UPS send it it's now taking them about 3days from lag to Warri, I threatened to report to UPS U.S and Amazon, after they stopped picking up calls,.the saw the email and called back. Me I am not using them again,.I will use the illegal means...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by Martinkingjnr: 3:12pm On Jun 23, 2020
Hello guys! A very good day to us all. Having a bit of problem here..
There is this gift of an iphone 8plus(Brand New) I am expecting from family abroad.
It was to be 11pro though, but haven read through a post here couple of months ago, of someone whom was sent a gift of an iphone X and was taxed roughly 200k by custom,
It kinda poses a threat accepting the offer so I'd be opting in for the 8plus.
I wanted to know if gifts from family are taxable and if there could be any better courier I could be refered as I have no such money to claim gift if any problem should come up.
Urgent Reply please!!
Thanks..
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by kayspecial007(m): 4:10pm On Jul 06, 2020
Hello somebody help, my parcel has been on hold since Friday...Does anyone knows what might have gone wrong or what should I be expecting ?

Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by Daniel2032(m): 7:08pm On Jul 16, 2020
I just check the tracking number on dhl website and i got this

Shipment is held pending clarification of goods valuation

Please who knows what this means?
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by giselle237: 9:26pm On Jul 21, 2020
Daniel2032:
I just check the tracking number on dhl website and i got this

Shipment is held pending clarification of goods valuation

Please who knows what this means?
They are disputing the value of the goods as indicated... seems the money is small for deir eye... better face them with proofs of receipt and so forth if u know d value of ur goods. Hopefully it’s not a dutiable amount
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by April2525: 6:14pm On Jan 30, 2021
webgenius:
Similar experience. Sister decided to purchase groom's outfit, bestman's outfit and my bro's, labelled them gift items, items were mistakenly overpriced by her neighbour in whose custody they were left for pick-up as she had to go to work( friend assumed cost was GBP 200 for each instead of cost of all, sent by DHL, arrived Friday and no communication until Tuesday 4 days to wedding.Asked to pay N109,000, sister sent scanned copy of receipt, DHL very unhelpful considering that the contract was with DHL and not Customs. Senior official said I should go and "settle" with customs otherwise I may have to do my wedding wearing my singlet and shorts. Was to travel Wednesday morning, as wedding was outside Lagos. Customs said to bring at least half of that amount or no deal. I decided that goods should be returned to Sender to deprive them of stealing my suits after they would be sent to govt bonded warehouses, and then purchase ready made in shops here in Lagos.
The lesson here the way I see it is that the Courier companies are loosing big time as people continue to have nasty experiences like these.I wish management would see these complaints and respond otherwise one day they would become like NITEL, AIRWAYS and other failed companies. I have vowed NEVER to use DHL again and to campaign actively against them. If goods require duty, then they should inform the Sender at the point of transaction and give details of the cost so that you make an informed decision.
It's a big cartel in the cargo section as the couriers create this problem and make you come to them to "settle"

Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by Crieff(m): 7:09pm On Mar 14, 2022
Men!

Just learned the hard way. Funny, how topics that are helpful will never come up when you're yet to have issues but once you have the issues all the topics related to that issue will now be everywhere.

Bought his and hers wedding ring, plain rose gold, not more than £350 and I was told I have to pay almost 95k as duty?! It is incredible!
Re: Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem by Blessing1440: 12:55am On Jun 01, 2023
Pls help ooo. Dhl is requesting 1million naira for import duties for 100 books from UK that cost 1,377 pounds. The books are for church.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

More Than 60 Million Nigerians Are Unbanked – World Bank / Forbes- Top 10 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 / Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.