Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! (29838 Views)

Accident On Calabar Itu Highway (Graphic Photos) / Accident Along Calabar-Itu Highway, 7, Including School Children Dead (Graphic) / Deplorable State Of Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by SeaTrade(m): 1:24pm On Jul 02, 2021
My brother that is the worst road in this country in my opinion,especially that power plant area.
I was held up there like you for over four hours the day before yesterday until I got angry and went offroad beating my truck in the process.
And had to sleep at the rivers state border overnight just because I couldn't get there before 6pm(curfew things) all because of the delays on that stretch of that bloody road!!
And upon all the delays people face at that odukpani,they still have the guts to put curfew in Calabar metropolis at 10pm giving room for the fucking police and army to extort motorists that have already been through a lot of their money.
If you don't pay,you sleep at their checkpoint till the next morning 6am.
Sad situation I tell you.

1 Share

Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by Codes151(m): 1:26pm On Jul 02, 2021
Your govt can fix that toad and get his refunds.

Don't mind all this useless govt

That what akwaibom did
Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by Uniswap: 1:29pm On Jul 02, 2021
Ever8090:
Ha!! ..I think say them don do this road?..

Buhari has fixed it online

2 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by aspabay(m): 1:30pm On Jul 02, 2021
letristian:
I plied that road in earlier this year, I felt so bad that I would have taken medication. How can a State that produces much revenue via oil have such lengthy kilometres of bad roads. But those in the North are super dual carriage nylon built

And somebody wants us to be united in conditions of suffering and smiling.

E really choke!

Again blame the North for the failure of your leadership

You have monthly allocation + derivation fund + NDDC, yet bad roads everywhere, but the north and probably Tinubu is your problem.

When will you ever call the leadership of your region to accountability.

They had Presidency for 6 years, what did they do

5 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by SeaTrade(m): 1:35pm On Jul 02, 2021
Tannhauser:
shocked

Omo that year na speed boat things o! Oron to Cali straight!

grin
Till militant catch you for that water,then you go know.
You think people don't know that? undecided
Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by AngelicBeing: 1:35pm On Jul 02, 2021
Shellsploit:
far better than okearo matogun road.
Hian, wetin okearo road do you, Minister of roads, works and housing, I give you 48 hours to arrest Shellsploit for making jest of okearo road all the time on nairaland.com shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by obyrich(m): 1:41pm On Jul 02, 2021
invectives:
It's Rainy Season Again and the ordinary Citizens of Nigeria in the AkwaCross Region are Up for immense suffering again

I Spent 7 hours yesterday on that Road and Another 8hrs today. Leaving me to ask if our Governor can't do an intervention Job on this Road to Alleviate the plight Motorist and Commuters....We know the Road is a Federal Road but must your citizens suffer because of Politics??

They are building an oil and gas Park around that bad spot,alot of construction machinery are in the vicinity, Now can't they have human sympathy and bring out a payloader to come help clear traffic.....

Please lala Kindly help get this to front page so our Ogas at the Top can Torchlight this....

#PrayforUs
With all the oil money??
Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by teemac01(m): 1:43pm On Jul 02, 2021
typical Nigerian road network...

one way in one way out...

no alternative route or multiple alternative routes...

every one has to pass the same road in and out...

2 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by nograv: 1:47pm On Jul 02, 2021
Buhari is working apparently..
Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by delivryboy: 1:58pm On Jul 02, 2021
This is the power station area, I spent several hours in spot due to bad road, I remember a young navy personnel who came to help control the grid lock telling one of the commuters who didn’t obey his express instructions that “look at my uniform I’m not army I’m navy we are more dangerous” couldn’t help laughing loud. Lots of boiled corn and cucumbers sold at that spot too, buy some and relax.
Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by jorghor(m): 2:00pm On Jul 02, 2021
As at 2008/09, this road was deplorable and trailers/tankers were falling over due to the potholes.

Nothing has changed till now. It is safe to assume it is a cash cow for politicians still. A strategic axis for trade, you would expect more.

3 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by iamclime(m): 2:06pm On Jul 02, 2021
invectives:
for Where? This is the worst road on the planet.
You don travel for Badagry road? Make I no talk.

2 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by SEGLIZ: 2:20pm On Jul 02, 2021
Hezbola:
Calabar to Uyo originally shouldn't exceed 1 hour on a good road.

this is where we have found ourselves. yet this governors would come out commissioning projects on media.

where are those projects being commissioned? projects that would be of direct benefit to every Tom dick and harry are laying idle.
Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by Reference(m): 2:23pm On Jul 02, 2021
aspabay:

Again blame the North for the failure of your leadership

You have monthly allocation + derivation fund + NDDC, yet bad roads everywhere, but the north and probably Tinubu is your problem.

When will you ever call the leadership of your region to accountability.

They had Presidency for 6 years, what did they do

Then why not simply restructure so that state governments are in charge of all highways border to border.
Is that so difficult to understand.
These roads are not being done because no one is taking responsibility.
Can you tell me who is in charge of that road.
If by your so called assertion the state government owns it, fine, if the NDDC owns it fine, someone is responsible.
All we ask for is clarity by the Constitution of who the people should hold responsible for its poor state or who they will pay taxes and levies to to get it sorted out, period.

And then you cannot help but demonstrate the usual sentimental parochialism by "They had the Presidency for 6 years".
Can you tell me how many years this government this 'Federal, Federal, Federal government' has spent in power. The government that replaced the bad one of the past.??

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by Georgejeez: 2:24pm On Jul 02, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright......

Reminds me of Benin-kogi-abuja road that year

Left Benin city 11:44am .....got to Abuja 10pm

Omor Edo Slawormiir , I wan reason you one matter , I don send you email message ,abeg reply make we connect
Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by azpekuliar: 2:29pm On Jul 02, 2021
invectives:
for Where? This is the worst road on the planet.

I grew up in Oku-Iboku, Itu in the ‘80s/‘90s. My dad’s drivers used to do car racing on that road to our applause as kids cheesy Particularly the stretch between Mbak and the Cross-river bridge.
Infact first time I saw a “powerbike” was in 1994 on that same stretch as it overtook my dad’s VW Passat in the blink of an eye. I vowed that moment to own one grin
That’s how good the road used to be.

2 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by MrUchenna1(m): 2:42pm On Jul 02, 2021
i now see why Ayade ran to APC...
Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by tizzle(m): 2:45pm On Jul 02, 2021
Ever8090:
Ha!! ..I think say them don do this road?..

Dem don do am for paper
Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by owbabs: 2:49pm On Jul 02, 2021
Nigeria, please use concrete on roads like this all over the country if maintenence is an issue.
Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by Noshitboi(m): 2:50pm On Jul 02, 2021
Omo eh! Digital governor is busy shouting WE MOVE slogan since joining APC. Ayade wey no give a shit about bad roads in Calabar shey na this one wey him wan fix? Na for billboard dem go do am grin grin
Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by Omooba77: 2:53pm On Jul 02, 2021
invectives:
It's Rainy Season Again and the ordinary Citizens of Nigeria in the AkwaCross Region are Up for immense suffering again

I Spent 7 hours yesterday on that Road and Another 8hrs today. Leaving me to ask if our Governor can't do an intervention Job on this Road to Alleviate the plight Motorist and Commuters....We know the Road is a Federal Road but must your citizens suffer because of Politics??

They are building an oil and gas Park around that bad spot,alot of construction machinery are in the vicinity, Now can't they have human sympathy and bring out a payloader to come help clear traffic.....

Please lala Kindly help get this to front page so our Ogas at the Top can Torchlight this....

#PrayforUs

But some people where here not too long that buhari has fixed the road. Itu connects AKS and CRS!
Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by aspabay(m): 2:59pm On Jul 02, 2021
Reference:

Then why not simply restructure so that state governments are in charge of all highways border to border.
Is that so difficult to understand.
These roads are not being done because no one is taking responsibility.
Can you tell me who is in charge of that road.
If by your so called assertion the state government owns it, fine, if the NDDC owns it fine, someone is responsible.
All we ask for is clarity by the Constitution of who the people should hold responsible for its poor state or who they will pay taxes and levies to to get it sorted out, period.

And then you cannot help but demonstrate the usual sentimental parochialism by "They had the Presidency for 6 years".
Can you tell me how many years this government this 'Federal, Federal, Federal government' has spent in power. The government that replaced the bad one of the past.??

What trash are you talking bout?

Do you know what restructuring is all about? Does restructuring automatically make your leaders responsible?

You are misplacing your priority and you do not seem to understand my point at all?

Hold your leaders responsible simple.
Whether regional, local, or state government. Not everything is FG.

If FG is failing hold your leaders responsible to ensure FG does the right thing.
Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by Reference(m): 3:08pm On Jul 02, 2021
aspabay:

Do you know what restructuring is all about? Does restructuring automatically make your leaders responsible?

You are misplacing your priority and you do not seem to understand my point at all?

If FG is failing hold your leaders responsible to ensure FG does the right thing.

Who owns that road, simple.
Answer that and stop running around.
If the Federal government cannot fix it or be held accountable they should just give it to the state, privatise it or give it to the NDDC or whatever. That is the restructuring ambit of Nigeria's infrastructure we talk about.
Let the people know who they should hold accountable, period.
Ten people cannot lay claim to a property and you expect it to be in shape.
With power comes responsibility.
Stop trying to peddle sentiment.

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by GambaOsaka: 3:13pm On Jul 02, 2021
aspabay:

Correct man!!!
Don't they have a Governor, representatives in the Senate and house of reps?.
Nobody cares about what their constituency representative is doing, so long he comes at Christmas and share rice, wheelBarrow, sowing machine ,and pepper grinding machine.
Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by invectives(m): 3:14pm On Jul 02, 2021
SEGLIZ:

op sorry about your time.
how many hours should that journey be originally?
1hour 30 mins to 2 hours most!!!
Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by Siberia01(m): 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2021
letristian:
I plied that road in earlier this year, I felt so bad that I would have taken medication. How can a State that produces much revenue via oil have such lengthy kilometres of bad roads. But those in the North are super dual carriage nylon built

And somebody wants us to be united in conditions of suffering and smiling.

E really choke!
its a federal road
Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by invectives(m): 3:17pm On Jul 02, 2021
Tannhauser:
shocked

Omo that year na speed boat things o! Oron to Cali straight!

grin
Kidnapper's don take over Oron Creek oo!!!
Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by aspabay(m): 3:18pm On Jul 02, 2021
Reference:

Who owns that road, simple.
Answer that and stop running around.
If the Federal government cannot fix it or be held accountable they should just give it to the state, privatise it or give it to the NDDC or whatever. That is the restructuring ambit of Nigeria's infrastructure we talk about.
Let the people know who they should hold accountable, period.
Ten people cannot lay claim to a property and you expect it to be in shape.
With power comes responsibility.
Stop trying to peddle sentiment.

This guy's comprehension remains your main challenge.

If FG fails call your representative and leaders to do the needful, do stay in your huts and be shouting FG, FG, this is my point.
to your question, FG owns that road, and work began on its repairs in March 2021.

The traffic there is as a result of the construction works. That's how julus Berger works, cause traffic, scatter everywhere, though they end up with good works.

Sit there and be shouting restructuring as if it will automatically make your sleeping leaders responsibe.
Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by Abujason: 3:20pm On Jul 02, 2021
Up Niger Delta Republic
Re: Deplorable State Of Calabar Itu Road!!! by Dtruthspeaker: 3:29pm On Jul 02, 2021
iamclime:

You don travel for Badagry road? Make I no talk.

Ah badagree road is moving bad road, standstill bad road is torturous

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel / Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane / Floods Cause Chaos In Abraham Adesanya After Heavy Rain (photos,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.