Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

I Will Personally Shoot Killers Of Corps Members – Yuguda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Personally Shoot Killers Of Corps Members – Yuguda (857 Views)

I Got N100m From PDP, Not Yuguda – Odili / Yuguda, Abubakar, Gidado In Missing Aircraft As It Lands In Nigeria (Photo) / Yuguda’s Revelations On Bauchi Attack Shock Presidency, PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Personally Shoot Killers Of Corps Members – Yuguda by chykeo1(m): 11:10am On May 09, 2011
ABUJA – GOVERNOR Isa Yuguda of Bauchi State said, yesterday, that over 600 suspects have so far been arrested and were being prosecuted in connection with the murder of nine members of the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, during the post election violence in the State.

Yuguda who spoke with newsmen in Abuja, said that when he dies he would be accountable to his God for the killings as the governor of the State, adding that the suspects whom he described as beasts and animals would be made to face the full wrath of the law for taking the lives of human beings.

The governor said that if the law permitted, he would personally shoot the suspects if they are finally found to be guilty of the offence.
Yuguda said: “Definitely, the law must take its own course. We have already arrested over 600 people, some of them actually killed the corpse members. We will prosecute them and if the law will allow me, after they are found guilty, I will take the gun and shoot them myself.

Denies spitting on graves of corps members.

“What is the correlation between that headline that I spat on top of the grave of these corps members? These boys that have toiled for twenty years with their parents paying their school fees, they came to serve me. They were serving me happily. Anytime I went to them, they milled around me, and I offered to give them jobs immediately they finished.

Each of them was willing to take up a job in Bauchi because by the provision of the constitution, any one can become a citizen of Bauchi State after seven years because that is what the constitution says.

“You become an indigene of an environment after seven years and I give you permanent and pensionable appointment right from day one. How can someone now say I spat on the corpses of the corps members? I became news, people were writing articles about me as if they don’t know my antecedent. You portrayed me as an animal, as somebody who is heartless, I think that person who has engineered the write-up, probably, he would have been compromised to run me down as an individual.”

The governor who noted that youth corps members were gullible, said the government should stop exposing them to the hazards of elections.

He added: “I personally feel that corps members shouldn’t have been exposed to the dangerous trend of Nigerian politics because we have so many ‘animals’ around who were prepared to snatch boxes, who were trying to use machete to kill people and these youths are serving the nation.

“I said very strongly that they shouldn’t have been part of that very serious process that exposed them to danger and by the time I handed over the corps members to INEC, they were not under my protection even though I was the governor.

“INEC should have given them sufficient protection, but as I have said, what will I do, did I ask God when I was coming to this earth? I didn’t ask the Almighty God when I was coming and same when I would be going. I am not sure if I will live until evening, or when I will die, but if somebody is destined to die a day he was destined to die, what are you going to do about it?

The governor who explained that he made the statement regarding destiny in the light of his Islamic faith, said: “As a Muslim, that is what Islam says for any Muslim that there is time to come to the world and time to go. I can not spat on somebody who is a dead man. I wept even when the Director of NYSC came, when I was making my speech, I had to break my speech because I was remembering the day when those souls would meet me in my grave and they will ask me why did you allow people to slaughter me in your own land when you were a leader?”

On his message to parents of the slain corps members and the nation, Yuguda said: “I have offered condolences to the parents, in fact, I am even supposed to be condoled. I sympathise with the parents and I sympathise with myself.

I sympathise with the parents because they lost their children whom they had spent twenty years paying school fees for, looking up to them to help them when they eventually finish their youth service and I sympathise with myself because these great souls were lost in my land where I am the governor.

Who won the election in Bauchi?

“And you ask a question, why did this happen to these corps members in the first instance? Who won the election in Bauchi? If you wanted to vote for PDP that day, they macheted your hands, cut off your hands, macheted your fingers.

You dared not vote for PDP, there were hoodlums there, singing all sorts of things. In fact that same day, they burnt down the INEC offices, they burnt down our vehicles, burnt down mosques and churches.

The house of my Secretary to the State Government was burnt down to ashes together with the Mosque. His father’s house was burnt down to ashes with the Mosque and yet there was no cancellation of the election there, so it is very sad, a sad thing in the history of our country that a corps member would be molested.”

source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/05/i-will-personally-shoot-killers-of-corps-members-yuguda/

I really wonder if Yuguda can be trusted. I once lived in Bauchi state for 13 years and experienced same the killing of innocent non-indigenes (in the 1991 riots). As a matter of fact my family slept in the bush for 2 days. 20 years after, the same manner of killings are still prevalent. Southern corpers should not be ( and should reject any posting to the North in the name of NYSC). I dont really care about the Northerners being posted to the south, as long as they remain civil in attitude and behaviour. I dont think the Northerners really understand and appreciate DEVELOPMENT!!!
Re: I Will Personally Shoot Killers Of Corps Members – Yuguda by benlay(m): 11:20am On May 09, 2011
propaganda
Re: I Will Personally Shoot Killers Of Corps Members – Yuguda by henry4uall(m): 12:48pm On May 09, 2011
Some of these leaders are just two proud. Here is a Gov'nor who has made a very gullible statement about a national burning issue as regards the barbaric killings of young innocent boys and Girls who were serving in his state, yet he could not follow the path of honour to simply apologise to Nigerians for those coward statements. For the record: The Govnor, said those corpers killed in cold blood by his people were destined to die in such manner, in order words, the killers helped them to fulfill there destinies. Now you come around to tell us about some Islamic faiths, knowing fully well that those corpers were mainly Christians who do not share those absurd faith of yours. How dare you!!! You have spoken, and we have heard you, just as they say, words are like egg, when dropped on the floor and shattered, cannot be packed, your words will ever remain within our consciousness; as one, who has tried to justify the massacre of innocent Nigerians on the basis of "Islamic Faith".
Re: I Will Personally Shoot Killers Of Corps Members – Yuguda by revomind(m): 1:01pm On May 09, 2011
Yuguda is a very ambitious young man and he, realizing the damage that statement of his has made, is desperate to clear the situation up. Buhari never recovered from the divisive comments credited to him in the build-up to the 2003 elections. Similarly, I doubt Mr Yuguda would wriggle out of this. These unfortunate statements will never be forgotten.
Re: I Will Personally Shoot Killers Of Corps Members – Yuguda by chykeo1(m): 1:37pm On May 09, 2011
Yeah, propaganda. I believe consciously and unconsciously the Northerners are bred in a doctrine keeps dragging Nigeria backwards; and which manifests itself in different forms, religious riots, Boko haram, acute sharia, etc
Re: I Will Personally Shoot Killers Of Corps Members – Yuguda by namfav(m): 1:44pm On May 09, 2011
chyke_o:

Yeah, propaganda. I believe consciously and unconsciously the Northerners are bred in a doctrine keeps dragging Nigeria backwards; and which manifests itself in different forms, religious riots, Boko haram, acute sharia, etc

you always have to blame your failures o someone else and you want the country to move forward undecided
Re: I Will Personally Shoot Killers Of Corps Members – Yuguda by chykeo1(m): 3:39pm On May 09, 2011
^^^ @namfav, without getting personal with you, I strongly suggest you should use data in making your decisions. What economic contributions do the several states in the north contribute to nation building, ? Every attempt to foster growth and development up north is frustrated with riots? Why the killings of non-indigenes who come to contribute their quota to nation building? The modern world thrives on the skills and abilities of talented individuals who pull resources to develop their environment. We can go on and on and on, but give it a good thought.
Re: I Will Personally Shoot Killers Of Corps Members – Yuguda by TONJOLO: 3:45pm On May 09, 2011
This is a belated statement attributed to this fool. After the parents of the innocent slain corper members and the entire country have mourned the dastard acts perpetuated in his domain right in front of his nose, while he indirectly supported the act by saying it was their destiny, he now turns to be the purported killer of his kins men. Fool
Re: I Will Personally Shoot Killers Of Corps Members – Yuguda by Biggoozz: 4:30pm On May 09, 2011
Strong smell of lies and pretence in entire statement. Evil soul.
Re: I Will Personally Shoot Killers Of Corps Members – Yuguda by Crownvilla(m): 6:13pm On May 09, 2011
@ all, here is another version of Gov Yuguda's clarification of his comments about the murder of corpers in Bauchi State as culled from Osun Defender!

I did not spit on slain corps members’ graves, says Yuguda
By Yusuf Alli

•To visit parents of the dead soon •The law will take its course, governor insists

Bauchi State Governor Mallam Isa Yuguda has said that some suspects have confessed to killing nine corps members in the Northeast state.

The governor, who has been widely criticised for his reported views on the killings, said yesterday that some 600 suspects have been arrested, and promised that they would soon be prosecuted.

Besides, the governor said his comment on the death of the corps members was misunderstood.

The governor was reported to have said that the youths were destined to die.

But Yuguda said he only spoke in the light of the Islamic injunction that says Allah gives and takes.

Yuguda, who spoke in an emotional briefing in Abuja, repeatedly said: “I am not heartless, I am not a demon.”

He insisted that the law will take its course on the suspects.

His words: “Definitely, the law must take its own course; we have already arrested over 600 people, some of them actually did the thing; we are going to prosecute them.

“And the day I did mention it, I said if the law will allow me, after they have been found guilty, if the law will allow, I will take the gun and shoot them myself.”

Fighting back tears, Yuguda offered his condolences to the families of the bereaved, speaking of his plan to visit them after his inauguration on May 29.

Yuguda said: “I am a parent too and my son was almost mobbed while returning to Bauchi and he had to run for cover; he escaped being attacked by the whiskers.”

“Like I said, what is that comment that led to the editor of a newspaper to write that I spat on the graves of corps members. That was the wicked statement I have ever heard in my life.

“I became news, people were writing articles about me as if they don’t know my antecedent. You portrayed me as an animal, as somebody who is heartless, I think that person who has engineered the write-up, probably, he would have been compromised to run me down as an individual.

“After I cast my votes, the newsmen came to my residence and asked how were the elections. I said … they went on and somebody asked me my comments about the corps members that were killed; I said it was their time.

“Did I bring them to life? I didn’t bring them to life; God brought them to life. I said it was their time to die; they were destined to die. Those that were not destined to die, lived.

“And I tried my best as a governor because I was about the only governor who assembled his corps members in one place in the SSS College in Bauchi to protect them. I fed them, I gave them money to buy clothes. You can ask them if you know any one of them.”

Pressed to clarify his controversial statement, Yuguda said: “I made the statement in the light of my faith. Yes, as a Muslim, that is what Islam says for any Muslim that there is time to come to the world and time to go. How can I spit on somebody who is a dead man?

“I wept even when the Director of NYSC came, when I was making my speech. I had to break my speech because I was remembering the day when those souls will meet me in my grave and they will ask me ‘why did you allow people to slaughter me in your own land when you were a leader?’

SOURCE: http://www.osundefender.org/?p=16359
Re: I Will Personally Shoot Killers Of Corps Members – Yuguda by 10cirenoh: 6:25pm On May 09, 2011
Wait until you hear "as long as he's a muslim he's lying"
Re: I Will Personally Shoot Killers Of Corps Members – Yuguda by kasiem(m): 6:56pm On May 09, 2011
Instead of this idiot to be penitent for his earlier ruthless innuendo, he's stupidly coming out to expose villainy the more. How can a chief security officer of a state come to say that the lives of his subjects is not under his, cos they're working for? And if i may ask, this idiot is telling us that inec official in his state are nugatory? Yuguda! If u can do ursef the favor of sealing ur trap, i think it'll serve u better. Almajiri in administration.
Re: I Will Personally Shoot Killers Of Corps Members – Yuguda by shotster50(m): 7:34pm On May 09, 2011
Does that mean he has one of those Predator Drones then?
Re: I Will Personally Shoot Killers Of Corps Members – Yuguda by nuslock(f): 11:37pm On May 11, 2011
It will have been better this fool shut this mouth than this his retraction. He just exposed himself that he is nothing but a celebrated decorated baboon who happens to be a Chief Security officer of a State. Bauchi State I pity u o. But u have re-elected a fool into office
Re: I Will Personally Shoot Killers Of Corps Members – Yuguda by Blazay(m): 6:35am On May 12, 2011
Is this not the 'drug-addict' governor? cheesy

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/headlines/21507-Drug-Bauchi-State-Gov-Isa-Yuguda-Indicted-His-Many-Controversies.html

Drug: Bauchi State Gov., Isa Yuguda, Indicted, His Many Controversies
15/05/2010 18:48:00

Bauchi State administration headed by the very handsome Mallam Isa Yuguda appears to be one of the most corrupt states in Nigeria as the people of the state who are always complaining of his many financial misappropriations are not finding things easy with him.

While he’s yet to clear himself from his excesses and nontransparent contract he awarded to China Zhonghao Nigeria Limited valued at N7.8b of which knowledgeable sources point to China Zonghao as the governor’s conduit pipe for the looting of Bauchi State, the amiable governor is said to have been a drug addict. “Yes, he can’t do without taking it every night.

[size=20pt]Why he’s so engrossed to smoking of Indian hemp these days cannot be explained, the reason is because, immediately he takes it, he begins to cry a baby for a while before he gains his strength back. A lot of us, who are witnesses of this strange ordeal, have come to conclusion that there is more to that act than meet the eyes. [/size]

” One of his aides informed us. Governor Isa Yuguda is the son-in law to the late former president of Nigeria, Musa Yardua and while he is said to have been going away with the looting of his state’s treasury is based on this fact.

Though, there is a strong warning from the presidency that the youthfully looking governor is ‘untouchable’ and both EFCC and ICPC seem to adhere to this instruction, close sources informed. .

This friendly and very playful governor who is said to have turned the good fortune of his state to misfortune, information at our disposal reveals, is not only hooked on drugs but is deeply involved in all kinds of immoral acts.

www.nigeriafilms.com will soon give you all the documentary evidences of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) program to you as soon as possible

Wonders! grin

(1) (Reply)

Ohakim’s Kinsmen Bar Him From Church Service / Former Governor Of Enugu State Grant Bail By High Court / Us Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor For Cheating Dying Cancer Patients.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.