Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,004 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

FG Not Against Bandits Because They Are Doing Business - El-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Not Against Bandits Because They Are Doing Business - El-rufai (2310 Views)

Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan / Nigeria Mounts Air, Land Offensive Against Bandits In Zamfara / Katsina Residents Block Highways, Protest Against Bandits, Kidnappings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Not Against Bandits Because They Are Doing Business - El-rufai by deantimes(m): 12:51pm On Jul 02, 2021
Banditry is a business in the Northern part of the country, Governor Nasir El-rufai of Kaduna State has said.

Mr El-rufai said this is why the federal government has not moved against the criminals who have resorted to abducting school children for ransom.

He said the government has not swiftly moved against bandits because they are not demanding secession like Nnamdi Kanu, detained leader of the Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB) is doing.

Mr Kanu, who fled the country after the military raided his home in Abia State in 2017, was arrested and extradited back to the country from Kenya, according to his younger brother, Emmanuel.

Speaking on the development, the Kaduna helmsman said he was happy when interviewed on Friday by BBC pidgin.

“I was very happy (when Nnamdi Kanu was arrested) because, first he jumped bail, jeopardising his sureties,” Mr El-rufai said. “Secondly, a person that challenges the sovereignty and the authority of a state and incites violence; he refers to his own country as a zoo.

“This should be a message to all these separatists challenging the authority of the Nigerian State to be very careful,” he said.

He faulted people criticising the government for not going after Boko Haram terrorists and bandits the way it has responded to secessionists in the Southern part of the nation.

“No! No! No! No! People are comparing apples to oranges,” the governor said. “Nnamdi Kanu is the leader of IPOB, a proscribed organisation. He is identifiable, in constant communication and everyone knows where he is.

“Let’s take Boko Haram for instance. Shekau was in hiding and for the past 10 years and the military had been waging a war to get him.

“It is not like Shekau was in Saudi Arabia, sitting in one place, tweeting about the break up of Nigeria or asking Boko Haram to go and kill Helen and Nasir el-Rufai.

“Nnamdi Kanu is in one place while Shekau is waging guerrilla warfare. The insurgency is still going on and the Federal Government is not giving up.

“Regarding bandits, they are not centralised under one leadership. Who is the head of the bandits? Who is the equivanlent of Nmandi Kanu with banditry?

“Bandits are just collections of independent criminals. It is a business for them. It is not a case of Nigeria must break up.

“I want to challenge anyone to tell me the central leader of bandits in the same position as Kanu,” he dared.

https://todaypoliticsng.com/fg-not-going-after-bandits-because-they-are-doing-business-not-secession-like-nnamdi-kanu-el-rufai/
Re: FG Not Against Bandits Because They Are Doing Business - El-rufai by Ddmase: 12:52pm On Jul 02, 2021
Not sure I'm surprise if true
Re: FG Not Against Bandits Because They Are Doing Business - El-rufai by PrinceOfLagos: 12:53pm On Jul 02, 2021
grin cheesy grin cheesy

If Nigerians cry blood it still won't change anything .

If you lament from today to next year it still won't change anything .

I was among the people that begged and cried before 2015 general election Don't vote for Buhari .. but APC urchins deceived you guys into believing that Buhari will bring change to the Nigerian system so now where is the goddamn "Change"?

Anarchy, chaos, death and hunger is now the order of the day In this present day Nigeria under the leadership of major general Muhammedu Buhari .

I am so pained

I am angry

I am not happy that the ones peaceful nation is now a place where if you speak the truth , you will die.

2023 is around the corner , this same APC will send Tinubu to deceive you all again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Not Against Bandits Because They Are Doing Business - El-rufai by deantimes(m): 12:54pm On Jul 02, 2021
cheesy grin

Nothing we no go hear
Re: FG Not Against Bandits Because They Are Doing Business - El-rufai by MajesticKris: 12:54pm On Jul 02, 2021
This can't be true bikonu ... What I'm I Hearing this Cold Afternoon sooo..
Re: FG Not Against Bandits Because They Are Doing Business - El-rufai by mrvitalis(m): 12:55pm On Jul 02, 2021
Our POLITICALLY correct southern fo0ls hope una dey see ooh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Not Against Bandits Because They Are Doing Business - El-rufai by FBIBOT(m): 12:56pm On Jul 02, 2021
Click bait title
Re: FG Not Against Bandits Because They Are Doing Business - El-rufai by Olatomiwami(m): 12:57pm On Jul 02, 2021
deantimes:

https://todaypoliticsng.com/fg-not-going-after-bandits-because-they-are-doing-business-not-secession-like-nnamdi-kanu-el-rufai/

Ododo oro bi isokuso, hellrufai is right, forget his madness, who is the head of centralized bandits? Bad nigga grin
Re: FG Not Against Bandits Because They Are Doing Business - El-rufai by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 02, 2021
Alright
Re: FG Not Against Bandits Because They Are Doing Business - El-rufai by richmond500: 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2021
I think Hell-fire is right.
U can't fight the bandits the way u fight ipob, to the bandits, its a business with different branches and logistics, NK's location is known.
But I still think Shekau has some internal help, NK was fighting on his own
Re: FG Not Against Bandits Because They Are Doing Business - El-rufai by StreetFight: 1:04pm On Jul 02, 2021
YES, the short devil is right. Bandits = Fulani herdsmen = Boko Haram and they are government's business partners.
Re: FG Not Against Bandits Because They Are Doing Business - El-rufai by Paperwhite(m): 1:07pm On Jul 02, 2021
"....The government has not swiftly moved against bandits because they are not demanding secession like Nnamdi Kanu, detained leader of the Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB) is doing...."
No wonder they all support evil atrocities from bandits, paedophilia, fucking underaged girls, killer Fulani, Boko boys etc. give up.I need to leave this shithole now.Nigeria is irredeemable with idiots like this man.
Re: FG Not Against Bandits Because They Are Doing Business - El-rufai by FarahAideed: 1:07pm On Jul 02, 2021
So terrorism is now a business?
Re: FG Not Against Bandits Because They Are Doing Business - El-rufai by FarahAideed: 1:08pm On Jul 02, 2021
Paperwhite:
He said the government has not swiftly moved against bandits because they are not demanding secession like Nnamdi Kanu, detained leader of the Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB) is doing.

What's the difference between what he said and what you said ?
Re: FG Not Against Bandits Because They Are Doing Business - El-rufai by Paperwhite(m): 1:11pm On Jul 02, 2021
FarahAideed:
What's the difference between what he said and what you said ?
I am a more saner person my brother because I dont subscribe to this utterly sickening and devilish logic.No wonder banditry, terrorism, and fulanization are all normal business.
Re: FG Not Against Bandits Because They Are Doing Business - El-rufai by krushdripper(m): 5:15am On Jan 21
PrinceOfLagos:
grin cheesy grin cheesy

If Nigerians cry blood it still won't change anything .

If you lament from today to next year it still won't change anything .

I was among the people that begged and cried before 2015 general election Don't vote for Buhari .. but APC urchins deceived you guys into believing that Buhari will bring change to the Nigerian system so now where is the goddamn "Change"?

Anarchy, chaos, death and hunger is now the order of the day In this present day Nigeria under the leadership of major general Muhammedu Buhari .

I am so pained

I am angry

I am not happy that the ones peaceful nation is now a place where if you speak the truth , you will die.

2023 is around the corner , this same APC will send Tinubu to deceive you all again.
How prophetic sad
Re: FG Not Against Bandits Because They Are Doing Business - El-rufai by Alexis11: 5:17am On Jan 21
Hmm
Re: FG Not Against Bandits Because They Are Doing Business - El-rufai by BALLOSKI: 6:12am On Jan 21
This Headline is misleading. OP, correct it.

I know he wanted to embarrass Buhari by encouraging the people to defend themselves at some points, but he should have been more vocal then and possibly created an Amotekun kind of outfit then. Though, there's KADVS now.

This is one man I'm still feeling should have been given a chance to serve in this administration.

NB: we haven't made any progress as a people after being independent for 64 years. We can't even address the most basic of our problems.

(1) (Reply)

Why Igbos Would Not Forgive Wike For Obigbo Killing[video] / Biafrans And Oduduwa Protest For Kanu And Igboho At 10 Downing Street- Pictures / The Next President Must Come From Southern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.