Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? (3919 Views)

TECNO Camon 15 Premier (N95,000) Vs Camon 12 (N53,500) Speed Test (photos) / TECNO Camon 15 Series Unveiling: Images And Specifications / TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by Mustiboy(m): 3:19pm On Jul 05, 2021
Jacku:
youve made a good point but before they came up with that pricing, a lot of research has been made with huge money spent on it. There are very few people that knows redmi, trust me. TECNO phantom X is made for the elite that don't know about redmi. It's not like the device is even bad sef so I'm wondering why people are complaining

Lol.

Phantom X isn't categorically targeted at the West African market but rather the global market at large.

Consumers in that market know of Samsung, Apple, Xiaomi, Huawei, in that order. Yes, the aforementioned brands are the big guns in the game.

Consumers in the international market don't
know about Transsion except for a few in the likes of India. Transsion are only just beginning to launch in the international market, and that's why they've launched the Phantom X as one from a stand-alone brand, Phantom.

Even here at home, you can't tell me the elites would pick this device over Samsung or Apple; only a meagre percentage of them would do that.

P.S., the market share that Xiaomi has in the smartphone space, Transsion can only have it in their wildest dreams. It's only in Nigeria and some West African markets that people are just becoming aware of Xiaomi.

Xiaomi has been competing with Samsung, Huawei, and Apple for long, something an ant-sized Tecno or Infinix would never attempt. Yes, they lack the innovation and technological sophistication to do that.

Lastly, the Phantom X is asking too much for its mediocre camera, decent display, shitty software, midrange chipset, and overall average performance. It's not a phone for guided elites or anyone who has $500 to spare but rather one for the gullible and unexposed consumers.

Pele, my dear. tongue

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by Jacku: 3:39pm On Jul 05, 2021
Mustiboy:

Lol.

Phantom X isn't categorically targeted at the West African market but rather the global market at large.

Consumers in that market know of Samsung, Apple, Xiaomi, Huawei, in that order. Yes, the aforementioned brands are the big guns in the game.

know about Transsion except for a few in the likes of India. Transsion are only just beginning to launch in the international market, and that's why they've launched the Phantom X as one from a stand-alone brand, Phantom.

Even here at home, you can't tell me the elites would pick this device over Samsung or Apple; only meagre percentage of them would do that.

P.S., the market share that Xiaomi has in the smartphone space, Transsion can only have it in their wildest dreams. It's only in Nigeria and some West African markets that people are just getting aware of Xiaomi.

Xiaomi has been competing with Samsung, Huawei, and Apple for long, something an ant-sized Tecno or Infinix would never attempt. Yes, they lack the innovation and technological sophistication to do that.

Lastly, the Phantom X is asking too much for its mediocre camera, decent display, shitty software, midrange chipset, and overall average performance. It's not a phone for guided elites or anyone who has $500 to spare but rather one for the gullible and unexposed consumers.

Pele, my dear. tongue
how did you know it is produced for the International market abeg? It was launched in Nigeria, no international ambassador yet its targeted towards the international market? How abeg? They have established dominance in the African space that Xiaomi can only wish to have a quarter of what Tecno has in Africa lol

1 Like

Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by Mustiboy(m): 3:43pm On Jul 05, 2021
Jacku:
how did you know it is produced for the International market abeg? It was launched in Nigeria, no international ambassador yet its targeted towards the international market? How abeg? They have established dominance in the African space that Xiaomi can only wish to have a quarter of what Tecno has in Africa lol

Transsion's overall market share is not up to a quarter of Xiaomi's; that's Itel, Infinix, and Tecno combined.

If Transsion weren't targeting the international market, they wouldn't send a sample of the Phantom X to international reviewers or pay them to review it. They are in partnership with Eithad Stadium, and their ads are all over YouTube, despite my location set to Germany with VPN.

6 Likes

Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by Jacku: 3:48pm On Jul 05, 2021
Mustiboy:

Transsion's overall market share is not up to a quarter of Xiaomi's; that's Itel, Infinix, and Tecno combined.

If Transsion weren't targeting the international market, they wouldn't send a sample of the Phantom X to international reviewers or pay them to review it. They are in partnership with Eithad Stadium, and their ads are all over YouTube, despite my location set to Germany with VPN.
you and I knows a lot of Africans watch EPL matches, is it Eyinmba they should sign partnership with? Besides they've had these partnership for yearsss now.

So Xiaomi has a bigger market share than Transsion in Africa? Dude get your facts right.

3 Likes

Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by thepoweruser(m): 3:50pm On Jul 05, 2021
edoairways:
skywalker240 I love you criticism. All you pointed out are valid
All are not valid though.
I'll explain why. wink

1 Like

Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by Mustiboy(m): 4:04pm On Jul 05, 2021
Jacku:
you and I knows a lot of Africans watch EPL matches, is it Eyinmba they should sign partnership with? Besides they've had these partnership for yearsss now.

So Xiaomi has a bigger market share than Transsion in Africa? Dude get your facts right.

Wetin concern me with African market share. The consumers here have low purchasing power.

I'm talking about the international market; that's where money is, and Transsion would give the world to have a taste of that market, but, unfortunately, they can't break through therein. That market have high standards, something that Transsion fallls short in.

Pele, my dear. tongue

7 Likes

Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by thepoweruser(m): 4:04pm On Jul 05, 2021
Jacku:
Don't forget Chris Evans x Tecno. cheesy
Brand ambassadorship is a brilliant advertisement coup. Just look at Samsung and BTS. I mean, just check the amount of comments this got them...

Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by thepoweruser(m): 4:34pm On Jul 05, 2021
Now, time to explain. cool

Look, @skywalker, I understand where you be coming from; I just want to clear the air here.

Somehow, I believe the word ''flagship'' has been misused one too many times by even serious phone geeks.

A flagship, by correct definition is a product made and sold by a company which happens to be their best product and therefore the one they use the most in their marketing. The term originated from the days of sailing ships. Any navy or merchant line usually has one best, most modern, most advanced and most admired vessel in their fleet. The ship that carries the flag of the merchant line during the days of sailing ships; the ship that is at the head of any naval formation of that navy/merchant line. That's where the term ''flagship'' comes from.

So using this terminology, since the Phantom X is currently the best smartphone ever made by Tecno Mobile, therefore it justifies the term ''flagship'' ; since it is their flagship product.

However, the correct term everyone is supposed to be using (and for the sake of semantics I use this too) is high end or high-spec or premium device.

In Q1 2018, Mediatek's Helio P60 was their most capable SoC. Was it their flagship then? Hell, yes! Was it high-end even then? Heck, no.

So the Phantom X is definitely a flagship product but certainly not high end.

High-end, top-drawer flagships are the creme de la creme of the smartphone market, pushed heavily by their manufacturers since they pack their latest and greatest tech e.g. Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra, Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, vivo X60 Pro+ Oppo Find X3 Pro, Sharp Aquos R6, Huawei Mate 40 Pro/Pro+, etc.

Is Poco X3 Pro a flagship product? YES! Is it high end? NO.
Is Snapdragon 870 high end? DEFINITELY. Is it a flagship product? NO WAY.

Is the Phantom X a flagship product? CERTAINLY. Is it a high-end smartphone? HELL NO.
Comments are welcome, as always.

5 Likes

Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by nani667: 5:10pm On Jul 05, 2021
No-Lifers on Fleek

1 Like

Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by Mustiboy(m): 5:32pm On Jul 05, 2021
thepoweruser:
Look, @skywalker, I understand where you be coming from; I just want to clear the air here.
Somehow, I believe the word ''flagship'' has been misused one too many times by even serious phone geeks.
A flagship, by correct definition is a product made and sold by a company which happens to be their best product and therefore the one they use the most in their marketing. The term originated from the days of sailing ships. Any navy or merchant line usually has one best, most modern, most advanced and most admired vessel in their fleet. The ship that carries the flag of the merchant line during the days of sailing ships; the ship that is at the head of any naval formation of that navy/merchant line. That's where the term ''flagship'' comes from.
So using this terminology, since the Phantom X is currently the best smartphone ever made by Tecno Mobile, therefore it justifies the term ''flagship'' ; since it is their flagship product.
However, the correct term everyone is supposed to be using (and for the sake of semantics I use this too) is high end or high-spec or premium device.
In Q1 2018, Mediatek's Helio P60 was their most capable SoC. Was it their flagship then? Hell, yes! Was it high-end even then? Heck, no.
High-end, top-drawer flagships are the creme de la creme of the smartphone market, pushed heavily by their manufacturers since they pack their latest and greatest tech e.g. Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra, Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, vivo X60 Pro+ Oppo Find X3 Pro, Sharp Aquos R6, Huawei Mate 40 Pro/Pro+, etc.
Is the Phantom X a flagship product? CERTAINLY. Is it a high-end smartphone? HELL NO.

Learn to use paragraphs and the right punctuations when writing. Your post is difficult to read, therefore I stopped halfway.

4 Likes

Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by thepoweruser(m): 7:21pm On Jul 05, 2021
Mustiboy:

Learn to use paragraphs and the right punctuations when writing. Your post is difficult to read, therefore I stopped halfway.
Noted. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by Jacku: 7:56pm On Jul 05, 2021
thepoweruser:

Don't forget Chris Evans x Tecno. cheesy
Brand ambassadorship is a brilliant advertisement coup. Just look at Samsung and BTS. I mean, just check the amount of comments this got them...
this is for camon 17pro. If he was for phantom, we would have seen pictures of him with the Phantom X.

1 Like

Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by Jacku: 7:58pm On Jul 05, 2021
Mustiboy:

Wetin concern me with African market share. The consumers here have low purchasing power.

I'm talking about the international market; that's where money is, and Transsion would give the world to have a taste of that market, but, unfortunately, they can't break through therein. That market have high standards, something that Transsion fallls short in.

Pele, my dear. tongue
its only a matter on time. In fact they broke into the international market with the Camon 17 series. Chris Evan was the face of the brand. No worry, na small small.

1 Like

Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by edoairways: 10:24pm On Jul 05, 2021
thepoweruser:

All are not valid though.
I'll explain why. wink
Can you explain because am here to learn wink wink
Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by sunshineV(f): 11:54pm On Jul 05, 2021
nani667:
No-Lifers on Fleek
"no-lifer" cus they talk tech? ode

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by thepoweruser(m): 5:23am On Jul 06, 2021
Jacku:
this is for camon 17pro. If he was for phantom, we would have seen pictures of him with the Phantom X.

Wow. I'm stoked. I didn't even realize this. Thanks for pointing it out. What the hell are they thinking, anyway?

3 Likes

Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by akingbadeomoseb: 11:43am On Jul 06, 2021
Tecno has marketed the Phantom X as a sophisticated camera smartphone which it is. But besides that it also has a good AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate and a fast Helio G95 gaming processor
Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by bennyefosa19: 1:45pm On Jul 06, 2021
Loving the design and the name of this latest mediatek powered Tecno phone: Phantom X! Sounds like the name of a detective haha
Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by skywalker240(m): 11:07pm On Jul 06, 2021
Jacku:
you just sit on your high horse and spew thrash. Before that device was made and the pricing was set on it, did you know the amount of research they've carried out to make them arrive at that price? What exactly is even bad about the specs?
What amount of research was set on a mid-ranger?

If you can't counter my argument with reasonable justifications, then shut your adulterated tech-less brain out

Scratch that

I won't reply TECH ILLITERATES

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by skywalker240(m): 11:11pm On Jul 06, 2021
akingbadeomoseb:
Tecno has marketed the Phantom X as a sophisticated camera smartphone which it is. But besides that it also has a good AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate and a fast Helio G95 gaming processor
Now answer these questions,

Is the Mediatek Helio G95 a premium Chip or a mid-ranger?

Name any other brands that retailed the Helio G95 chipset above 220k?

Or forever hold your peace.
Which brand have you

4 Likes

Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by skywalker240(m): 11:21pm On Jul 06, 2021
sunshineV:
"no-lifer" cus they talk tech? ode
grin

4 Likes

Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by skywalker240(m): 7:31am On Jul 07, 2021
Mustiboy:

Lol.

Even here at home, you can't tell me the elites would pick this device over Samsung or Apple; only a meagre percentage of them would do that.

P.S., the market share that Xiaomi has in the smartphone space, Transsion can only have it in their wildest dreams. It's only in Nigeria and some West African markets that people are just becoming aware of Xiaomi.

Pele, my dear. tongue
Sir, you have much time schooling a anywhere Belle face Tech illiterate marketer.

It's a waste of time in my opinion.

4 Likes

Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by Mustiboy(m): 8:33am On Jul 07, 2021
skywalker240:

Sir, you have much time schooling a anywhere Belle face Tech illiterate marketer.

It's a waste of time in my opinion.

I agree.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by Jacku: 9:09am On Jul 07, 2021
skywalker240:

What amount of research was set on a mid-ranger?

If you can't counter my argument with reasonable justifications, then shut your adulterated tech-less brain out

Scratch that

I won't reply TECH ILLITERATES
what are you saying? So brands will roll out products without research? I give up on you
Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by Jacku: 9:10am On Jul 07, 2021
thepoweruser:

Wow. I'm stoked. I didn't even realize this. Thanks for pointing it out. What the hell are they thinking, anyway?
it still doesn't mean the Tecno doesn't have an international presence. It has in South America, Asia and Africa here.
Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by AmadorSays: 5:20pm On Jul 07, 2021
pin pointed, this is just what it is.
akingbadeomoseb:
Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by AmadorSays: 5:22pm On Jul 07, 2021
lol, actually, the Phantom X sounds like some 007 things grin
bennyefosa19:
Loving the design and the name of this latest mediatek powered Tecno phone: Phantom X! Sounds like the name of a detective haha

2 Likes

Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by skywalker240(m): 4:53am On Jul 08, 2021
thepoweruser:

Okay your points are spot on, i give it to you

But then,

How do you justify the rediculous pricing?

1 Like

Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by skywalker240(m): 4:59am On Jul 08, 2021
@ Thepoweruser, what is your opinion about the price?

If you say it's not a high-end device, then why is it been sold for the price of a high-end device?

Heck this device is even costlier than the Samsung Galaxy S20 Fe which is a high-end device (if we follow your assertion, which of a truth made sense)

So what do you say about that?

2 Likes

Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by skywalker240(m): 5:02am On Jul 08, 2021
AmadorSays:
lol, actually, the Phantom X sounds like some 007 things grin
It's wack

Other brands were using the X code and heaven didn't fall

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by thepoweruser(m): 5:57am On Jul 08, 2021
skywalker240:
@ Thepoweruser, what is your opinion about the price?

If you say it's not a high-end device, then why is it been sold for the price of a high-end device?

Heck this device is even costlier than the Samsung Galaxy S20 Fe which is a high-end device (if we follow your assertion, which of a truth made sense)

So what do you say about that?

The price?
For 150K? Worth considering.
For 230K? NO WAY.

I guess now that they are making Phantom into a subbrand, they think it's pedigree will make it sell.

You want my suggestion on a Tecno phone with great value for money?

I LITERALLY HAVE TO SCRATCH MY HEAD TO THINK... HONESTLY, THEY ARE ALL OVERPRICED.

BUT IF ANYONE TRULY WANTS TECNO, GO FOR THE POVA 2. THAT'S THE ONLY ONE I CAN RECOMMEND... IF YOU CAN FIND IT IN NIGERIA. sad

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X?? by skywalker240(m): 7:38am On Jul 08, 2021
thepoweruser:

The price?
For 150K? Worth considering.
For 230K? NO WAY.

I guess now that they are making Phantom into a subbrand, they think it's pedigree will make it sell.

You want my suggestion on a Tecno phone with great value for money?

I LITERALLY HAVE TO SCRATCH MY HEAD TO THINK... HONESTLY, THEY ARE ALL OVERPRICED.

BUT IF ANYONE TRULY WANTS TECNO, GO FOR THE POVA 2. THAT'S THE ONLY ONE I CAN RECOMMEND... IF YOU CAN FIND IT IN NIGERIA. sad
Then it's safe to say we're also correct if we're pointing out the error of Transsion, so why did you say am not correct at the first place?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

New Way To Get 1.5GB For N100 On MTN Valid For 30days / Airtel 4gb Two Months Plan Works On Android / Android Unlock Patterns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.