Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Buhari: Nigerians Now Leaving Offices For Farms - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Nigerians Now Leaving Offices For Farms (31695 Views)

Jega, Onaiyekan To Buhari: Nigerians Battling With Double Sufferings / Buhari: Nigerians Will Mind Their Businesses If Infrastructure, Roads Are Fixed / Amaechi: Under Buhari, Nigerians Are Hungry, Poverty Is Growing — Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Now Leaving Offices For Farms by April4th(m): 10:25am On Jul 03, 2021
Seems this man is high on lizard poo or cheap drugs grin grin grin
Re: Buhari: Nigerians Now Leaving Offices For Farms by temi1526: 10:28am On Jul 03, 2021
Where are the zombies?

Foolish bbqmeat seller, one stupid one that says Tinubuadvocate and the host of other Mad ones. May thunder fire all of you and Ogun kill all of you.
Re: Buhari: Nigerians Now Leaving Offices For Farms by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:56am On Jul 03, 2021
History555:
If nigerians are going back to farms why is price of foodstuffs going up. A paint of garri was 300 in 2015, today its 1350. Locally produced garri for dat matter

You probably skipped economics classes back in secondary school.

Listen.

Prices are determined by many factors, including production output.

A farmer makes money either by growing more or pricing products very high.

If a farmer grows more food, his produce will be priced low.

That is more output = a decrease in price.

Less output = an increase in price.

If a farmer is producing small amount of produce, he will price them high, otherwise he will run at a loss.

In summary, we are not producing enough.

Government needs to make agriculture more attractive by supporting farmers with loans at very low interest rate, and with a year moratorium.

Government needs to tackle insecurity, especially perpetrated by Fulani herdsmen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Now Leaving Offices For Farms by Zico777(m): 10:56am On Jul 03, 2021
MadamVanessa:
Fool of a president

Uselessss man
Honestly! How did u know what's on my mind?
He's the dumbest amongst dumbs.
How on earth will people take to farm when their lives are not secured on or at the farms?

This is the worst period for poultry & fish farmers as prices of feeds has skyrocketed.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Now Leaving Offices For Farms by psucc(m): 10:57am On Jul 03, 2021
History555:
If nigerians are going back to farms why is price of foodstuffs going up. A paint of garri was 300 in 2015, today its 1350. Locally produced garri for dat matter
Na garri come be problem? Have you checked on beans lately? Or groundnuts? Have you asked for fresh tomatoes? Or even the iced fish?

May God not forgive Tinubu, OBJ, Atiku, Saraki, Amaechi, etc al that brought Buhari to power. Their generations shall know no peace wherever they go.
Re: Buhari: Nigerians Now Leaving Offices For Farms by Indispensable85(m): 11:00am On Jul 03, 2021
MUMU man

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Now Leaving Offices For Farms by Freedomforever(m): 11:03am On Jul 03, 2021
Sir, I hope u will vacate the office as the president of Nigeria for farming, that will be a step in the right direction.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Now Leaving Offices For Farms by observanc1: 12:00pm On Jul 03, 2021
Banmeallday:
Buhari should be arrested for the coup he did nearly 40 years ago
plotted, not did

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Now Leaving Offices For Farms by snowball11(m): 12:00pm On Jul 03, 2021
Idiotic president!

Maybe your zombies littered here on this forum are the ones leaving their zombie work for the farm! undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Now Leaving Offices For Farms by Ikinternational: 12:32pm On Jul 03, 2021
History555:

You mean there's such thing as foreign produced garri? lol

I was today's age old when I found this out
Re: Buhari: Nigerians Now Leaving Offices For Farms by CSTRR: 12:42pm On Jul 03, 2021
This clown of a president thinks subsistence farming is a sign of progress.

Kai.

Who do Nigeria this thing?

It is like picking a cattle rearer from the streets and making him the head of your company.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Now Leaving Offices For Farms by jimter44(m): 12:47pm On Jul 03, 2021
Who did this to us? When countries are talking of electric cars, building of houses in the space, drones etc. This one is talking of AGRICULTURE!

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Now Leaving Offices For Farms by Gyarah: 1:07pm On Jul 03, 2021
Is the president really in touch with realities at all? Which farms? The ones the bandits are chasing farmers away or there are others he knows which we are not aware of?
Somebody should inform this man that all is not well ooo.....
God safe Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Now Leaving Offices For Farms by CodeTemplar: 1:58pm On Jul 03, 2021
History555:
does all Jazeera and BBC know what garri is. Buhari they know. It is all deadly propaganda.
Re: Buhari: Nigerians Now Leaving Offices For Farms by Burstit(m): 2:25pm On Jul 03, 2021
Animal

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Now Leaving Offices For Farms by Coldie(m): 3:11pm On Jul 03, 2021
Best president ever
Re: Buhari: Nigerians Now Leaving Offices For Farms by writeprof(m): 4:24pm On Jul 03, 2021
I blame Femi Adesina.
Re: Buhari: Nigerians Now Leaving Offices For Farms by Gfskw: 4:30pm On Jul 03, 2021
Lol
Re: Buhari: Nigerians Now Leaving Offices For Farms by Bizibi(m): 5:41pm On Jul 03, 2021
Dpharisee:
My friend from Benue has abandoned his farm because right under his nose everything they laboured to plant was eaten up in a day by a herd of cattle and his community was attacked, they fled as refugees to Nasarawa state and they were attacked again at their place of refuge with many of their people dead.
So which farms is he talking about or is this the usual Taqqiya?
the revenge against fulanis in the nearest future will be deadly.
Re: Buhari: Nigerians Now Leaving Offices For Farms by LCling: 11:02pm On Jul 03, 2021
WAS GOODLUCK JONATHAN A PROPHET?

"The choice before Nigerians in the coming election is simple: A choice between going forward or going backwards; between the new ways and the old ways; between freedom and repression; between a record of visible achievements and beneficial reforms – and desperate power-seekers with empty promises…
Our political opponents shall assail us with the fury of their desperation to win power. They will use every means – intimidation, false accusations, hostile media and more. Do not descend to their level. We must stay focused on the mission at hand – to secure Nigeria’s future.”
Jonathan's acceptance speech to run for second term at Eagle Square in Abuja, Dec, 2014

Source:https://www.naij.com/341108-jonathans-acceptance-speech-in-10-quotes.html

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Now Leaving Offices For Farms by Frenzy01(m): 5:40am On Jul 04, 2021
Cheybi nah work wey dey person go go before. Everybody don retire to their town baba..

abeg jare. I sell and I buy any breed of dog swiftly at a very reasonable price. I also offer boarding and pet care services. Checkout my siggy for contact info

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Now Leaving Offices For Farms by ddeola: 8:25am On Jul 04, 2021
Wey d farm wey your bandit brodas don invade?

No wonder you and Lai dey lie like fish. Old men wey dey lie na hell una dey go so. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Buhari: Nigerians Now Leaving Offices For Farms by Thunday1005(m): 9:26am On Jul 04, 2021
Which farm ?? With bandits and herdsmen everywhere

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Now Leaving Offices For Farms by sterlingD(m): 9:20pm On Jul 04, 2021
Honestly,l am short of words. What have we gotten ourselves into.l feel sad so sad cry

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigerians Now Leaving Offices For Farms by zanshi: 12:59am On Jul 10, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

You probably skipped economics classes back in secondary school.

Listen.

Prices are determined by many factors, including production output.

A farmer makes money either by growing more or pricing products very high.

If a farmer grows more food, his produce will be priced low.

That is more output = a decrease in price.

Less output = an increase in price.

If a farmer is producing small amount of produce, he will price them high, otherwise he will run at a loss.

In summary, we are not producing enough.

Government needs to make agriculture more attractive by supporting farmers with loans at very low interest rate, and with a year moratorium.

Government needs to tackle insecurity, especially perpetrated by Fulani herdsmen.

I love the perspective you gave with regarding food pricing and other externalities that contribute to the final price at food stalls.

The biggest issue i have observed which i find to be a threat to food security is "Wastage". If we run the numbers of how much goes into food wastage along various supply value chains, you would wonder why we should infact have hungry people in Nigeria. A lot of Farmers also complain on the cost of transporting Farm produce from Point A to B.
Re: Buhari: Nigerians Now Leaving Offices For Farms by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:52am On Jul 10, 2021
zanshi:

I love the perspective you gave with regarding food pricing and other externalities that contribute to the final price at food stalls.

The biggest issue i have observed which i find to be a threat to food security is "Wastage". If we run the numbers of how much goes into food wastage along various supply value chains, you would wonder why we should infact have hungry people in Nigeria. A lot of Farmers also complain on the cost of transporting Farm produce from Point A to B.

I agree with you, especially on wastage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat / PDP Forced Me To Sign Fake Results–abia North Returning Officer / Zahra Buhari And Her Mother, Aisha, At Her Henna Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.