Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

5 Catholic Church Practices And Doctrines That Protestants Don’t Indulge In - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Catholic Church Practices And Doctrines That Protestants Don’t Indulge In (818 Views)

Catholics And Protestants Fight Inside A Bus In Anambra State (videos) / Pastor Kumuyi: I Will Remove Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life (Throwback Video) / See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Catholic Church Practices And Doctrines That Protestants Don’t Indulge In by philfearon(m): 8:45am On Jul 04, 2021
The Catholic Church is the largest congregation of Christians in the world. From history, they wielded huge influence in the beginning of Christendom and still continue to do so today. They also have the biggest repository of Christian related records till date. They have always given prominence to the Bible and church traditions in development of their doctrines, teachings and liturgical practices.

Some of the doctrines taught by them eventually led to some members quitting the community. Most cited that some of the practices are contradictory to the Bible itself. Some of those who left the mother church formed new communities with people who shared their views. They were later referred to as Protestants.

https://uptownerd.com/2021/07/04/5-catholic-church-practices-and-doctrines-that-protestants-dont-indulge-in/

Re: 5 Catholic Church Practices And Doctrines That Protestants Don’t Indulge In by Ahmback(m): 9:30am On Jul 04, 2021
Catholic doctrines are somehow idolatry.
And some of their believes and teachings are against the bible.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Catholic Church Practices And Doctrines That Protestants Don’t Indulge In by Heartbender: 10:16am On Jul 04, 2021
The Roman Catholic Church was never "the mother church"
Get your facts right
philfearon:

The Catholic Church is the largest congregation of Christians in the world. From history, they wielded huge influence in the beginning of Christendom and still continue to do so today. They also have the biggest repository of Christian related records till date. They have always given prominence to the Bible and church traditions in development of their doctrines, teachings and liturgical practices.

Some of the doctrines taught by them eventually led to some members quitting the community. Most cited that some of the practices are contradictory to the Bible itself. Some of those who left the mother church formed new communities with people who shared their views. They were later referred to as Protestants.

https://uptownerd.com/2021/07/04/5-catholic-church-practices-and-doctrines-that-protestants-dont-indulge-in/
Re: 5 Catholic Church Practices And Doctrines That Protestants Don’t Indulge In by philfearon(m): 11:45am On Jul 04, 2021
Heartbender:
Get your facts right

Who is?
Re: 5 Catholic Church Practices And Doctrines That Protestants Don’t Indulge In by philfearon(m): 11:45am On Jul 04, 2021
Ahmback:

Lol. Really?
Re: 5 Catholic Church Practices And Doctrines That Protestants Don’t Indulge In by Ahmback(m): 12:18pm On Jul 04, 2021
philfearon:

Lol. Really?
study or do a research on it
Re: 5 Catholic Church Practices And Doctrines That Protestants Don’t Indulge In by adadike(f): 2:54pm On Jul 04, 2021
Heartbender:
Get your facts right
please I really want to learn. Which is the mother church?
Re: 5 Catholic Church Practices And Doctrines That Protestants Don’t Indulge In by Kobojunkie: 3:20pm On Jul 04, 2021
Ahmback:
"Somehow" idolatrous or is idolatrous? undecided
Re: 5 Catholic Church Practices And Doctrines That Protestants Don’t Indulge In by Ahmback(m): 3:47pm On Jul 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
"Somehow" idolatrous or is idolatrous? undecided
it is, to some extent
Re: 5 Catholic Church Practices And Doctrines That Protestants Don’t Indulge In by Kobojunkie: 4:05pm On Jul 04, 2021
Ahmback:
it is, to some extent
You mean a thing can be against God and not against God at the same time? undecided
Re: 5 Catholic Church Practices And Doctrines That Protestants Don’t Indulge In by Ahmback(m): 8:29pm On Jul 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You mean a thing can be against God and not against God at the same time? undecided
well, I think I clearly said "to some extent".
The use of rosary, Mary, stuff like that
Re: 5 Catholic Church Practices And Doctrines That Protestants Don’t Indulge In by Kobojunkie: 8:46pm On Jul 04, 2021
Ahmback:
well, I think I clearly said "to some extent".
The use of rosary, Mary, stuff like that
Does God sit on that same fence about these things that you do? undecided
Re: 5 Catholic Church Practices And Doctrines That Protestants Don’t Indulge In by Ahmback(m): 8:51pm On Jul 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Does God sit on that same fence about these things that you do? undecided
I ain't condemning them (the Catholics).

But it's idolatry, against the bible
Re: 5 Catholic Church Practices And Doctrines That Protestants Don’t Indulge In by Kobojunkie: 8:54pm On Jul 04, 2021
Ahmback:
I ain't condemning them (the Catholics).
But it's idolatry, against the bible
Wait a second... so you knowing that idolatry(the act) is against God choose yet to sit on the fence. OK! undecided

And I ask you if God is with you on that fence where you sit? Is God for or against your choice in this? undecided
Re: 5 Catholic Church Practices And Doctrines That Protestants Don’t Indulge In by Heartbender: 9:16pm On Jul 04, 2021
Before the Church of Rome, there was the Church in Jerusalem. Catholic means universal. They Church in Rome gained importance from the reign of Constantine but it was not the start of the Christian Church
adadike:
please I really want to learn. Which is the mother church?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Catholic Church Practices And Doctrines That Protestants Don’t Indulge In by adadike(f): 12:59am On Jul 05, 2021
Heartbender:
Before the Church of Rome, there was the Church in Jerusalem. Catholic means universal. They Church in Rome gained importance from the reign of Constantine but it was not the start of the Christian Church
thanks so much dear

1 Like

Re: 5 Catholic Church Practices And Doctrines That Protestants Don’t Indulge In by Ahmback(m): 10:49am On Jul 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Wait a second... so you knowing that idolatry(the act) is against God choose yet to sit on the fence. OK! undecided

And I ask you if God is with you on that fence where you sit? Is God for or against your choice in this? undecided
see oga.
Don't make me to go and say what I ain't supposed to say! smiley wink
Re: 5 Catholic Church Practices And Doctrines That Protestants Don’t Indulge In by Heartbender: 1:18pm On Jul 05, 2021
Anytime
adadike:
thanks so much dear
Re: 5 Catholic Church Practices And Doctrines That Protestants Don’t Indulge In by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 05, 2021
There is nothing you protestant can do about it,the catholic church is the mother and original church,know this and know peace
Re: 5 Catholic Church Practices And Doctrines That Protestants Don’t Indulge In by Kobojunkie: 9:09pm On Jul 05, 2021
Clardo:
There is nothing you protestant can do about it,the catholic church is the mother and original church,know this and know peace
The original church built by men atop their doctrines and traditions, sure. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Joshua Selman 2024 Prophecies / Change Of Religion / Are You Ready If Jesus Comes To Us Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.