Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,023 members, 7,956,791 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:02 PM

Why People Are Leaving The Catholic Church-clergy Responsible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why People Are Leaving The Catholic Church-clergy Responsible? (272 Views)

Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church / Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? / What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why People Are Leaving The Catholic Church-clergy Responsible? by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 04, 2021
WHY PEOPLE ARE LEAVING THE CATHOLIC CHURCH-CLERGY RESPONSIBLE?
By Francis Okoye

I have gone over these question for over twenty years, and even used it as a heading for a catholic youth magazine article i edited while a catholic youth some 10 years ago.

The clergy is clearly responsible for this. In my work for a nonprofit in an internationally funded project within the church, I was made the CRM officer together with other duties.CRM means Conflict Resolution Mechanism. If the church can apply this conflict resolution mechanism to those leaving the church, 90% won’t leave.

What are the things non catholic Christians tell Catholics often quoting from bible that make Catholics leave the church and suddenly become bible believing? I assure you our clergy have no idea. I did the CRM myself few years ago and came up with answers that made many Catholics who read the cyclostyled copies remain and return to the faith among high school students. What does the occultist tell them to lead them away? What about the so called secret societies-what do they tell Catholics that make them leave the faith. When we begin to address all these, is only when people will stop leaving the church.

Secondly from my nonprofit work still, there is something called a charter of demands-from communities. You don't just start carrying out a project in a community without first asking them what their most important needed project is; the clergy make this mistake all the time, by not using a charter of demands to carry out charitable and evangelism. As a result, many flee the church.

CRM AND CHARTER OF DEMANDS PRACTICE NEED TO BE TAUGHT IN OUR SEMINARIES AND FORMATION HOMES AND TO CLERGY DURING SPECIAL TRAINING. All i have learnt from these two approaches have been publishing them in my catholic blog, https://catholicsforchrist.
Re: Why People Are Leaving The Catholic Church-clergy Responsible? by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 04, 2021
Those Priests are just fuccking all girls in town using church donations.

Could be why
Re: Why People Are Leaving The Catholic Church-clergy Responsible? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:13am On Jul 04, 2021
Because they finally saw that they were getting deader and deader instead of Lifer and Lifer, which Christ brings.

1 Like

Re: Why People Are Leaving The Catholic Church-clergy Responsible? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:20pm On Jul 04, 2021
LIES AND FAKE NEWS.MORE CATHOLICS ARE RETURNING BACK TO FAITH OF THEIR FATHERS,because THEY ARE TIED OF DECEITS BY PROSPERITY GREEDY PREACHERS WHO TAKE ALL CHURCH MONEY TO LIVE LARGE LIKE EMPERORS WITH THEIR COUNCIL MEMBERS.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why People Are Leaving The Catholic Church-clergy Responsible? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 04, 2021
PARADIZEPRIEST:
LIES AND FAKE NEWS.MORE CATHOLICS ARE RETURNING BACK TO FAITH OF THEIR FATHERS,because THEY ARE TIED OF DECEITS BY PROSPERITY GREEDY PREACHERS WHO TAKE ALL CHURCH MONEY TO LIVE LARGE LIKE EMPERORS WITH THEIR COUNCIL MEMBERS.. undecided

Yes we know some Catholics are returning but not the majority who left.Just begin with your relatives if you are a Catholic and you will see the number that left and never returned till date? Have you ever asked them why they left? Every non Catholics Christian was either a Catholic or Anglican, except those born into such churches.The rest are mostly ex Catholics who have puported to have seen the light?

(1) (Reply)

What Can You Say To This? A Reverend Sister For That Matter. / Joy Comes In The Morning / Envelope With Bullets Sent To Pope Francis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.