Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,843 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job - Jobs/Vacancies (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job (63335 Views)

Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / Top 10 "Menial Jobs" In Nigeria That Surprisingly Pay Well / Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by authority2006(m): 2:45pm On Jul 05, 2021
donmanuel1:
Is UAE abroad.. Anything country that is not western Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and new Zealand is best advised you remain in Nigeria ..If you are legal in these countries, focused and hard working and above all GODS grace with you, you must succeed... NIGERIA IS FINISHED .

Wrong, Nigeria is not finished! Citizens are the only thing that's wrong with Nigeria. And who says that we can't get it right one day?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by authority2006(m): 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2021
EKONGKING:
Atleast you won't be killed because of Cow and u won't be killed due to stray bullet

Work hard ,pay your bills and enjoy satisfaction of you being treated like a human being instead of being a animal in a zoo

Is Usa the only country abroad ignoramus.
Regarding USA, every body in whole world know who
Eric garner ,George floyd and countless blacks killed by police ,it's reported in newspapers.

What about zoo ,do you know the names of people killed by SARS in last 10 years or people killed by customs in Ogun or people killed by army in Imo.

When you talk , [s] talk sensibly ,don't show your stupidity [/s] to the whole world

Why are you so bitter like this and full of shitty words?

"Eric garner ,George floyd and countless blacks killed by police" were reported to the world because the citizens protested endlessly, not because their authority wanted the world to know. And they still remained dead!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by authority2006(m): 2:56pm On Jul 05, 2021
phemmyfour:
Lucrative?Divide N500000/500 , what you get is still not lucrative. An average Nigeria worker barely survive on N30000/month

And how many 30k will you get from 500k? We have people working in USA and their monthly income average 500k when converted to naira. Not everyone gets strength to work three shifts.

And 500k naira in Nigeria will be enough more than 500k naira in USA. Do your research and calculation
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by authority2006(m): 3:01pm On Jul 05, 2021
DMerciful:
My only regret of moving to Canada is why I waited too long to move. Comparing Canada to Nigeria under any condition is like comparing CNN to NTA...quite ridiculous.

Mind you eventually i and my family including my kids will be Canadians but we're still Nigerians meaning in the future we can stay anywhere depending on where the good life is which is obviously Canada for now

And later Nigeria. Many Nigerians living and working abroad actually entertain the idea of moving back once old age sets in, they get tired at certain point. Money dey already to provide everything for themselves in Nigeria if it comes to that. Who wan die for strange land? Lol
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by pokosimani: 3:01pm On Jul 05, 2021
Or u no de carry babe grin grin grin

seunny4lif:

Save 100K a month in Nigeria?
Do you know how many to fuel a generator?
Transportation ko?
You are joking right?
Unless you no dey eat at all and you no get family to visit you.
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Freddd009: 3:01pm On Jul 05, 2021
Muyiwaipere:
Bros I do regret my decision of leaving my job to move to UAE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nYWLvnDHJc
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by babyfaceafrica: 3:02pm On Jul 05, 2021
descarado:

Bill are inevitable in Nigeria too.
The only diff is that Nigerians cut corners.
Both rich and poor.

It's hard to cut corners abroad.

Bills are higher in Nigeria actually when you do the math.
You don't know what you are saying
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by pokosimani: 3:02pm On Jul 05, 2021
Some people have been enslaved by a mediocre mentality. sad

GeneralShepherd:

100k a month saving? ... I send at least 250k to Nigeria every month.
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 05, 2021
bankylan:

I will relocate to the USA because of my wife and kids as soon as I can afford EB5 visa while I continue to work on my business in Nigeria.

I will say this, if you don't have much to do in Nigeria and there is no hope of something coming up irrespective of your age, please japa if you have the means, albeit legally.

If you have a good job here and you want to travel because of your children, have a plan and be resilient as you may have to do some odd jobs before you get a good job. There are testimonies of friends that got fantastic jobs within few weeks.

Above all, let God and good planning lead you.

This is what I am saying, INFO is important, besides doing an "odd" job should only be temporary and a stepping stone for someone who's ambitious. You are indeed aiming high. Only someone who is already made in Nigeria will be thinking of an EB5 investment visa. It is ofcourse a good path but not for the faint hearted. God help us.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:06pm On Jul 05, 2021
authority2006:

Why are you so bitter like this and full of shitty words?

"Eric garner ,George floyd and countless blacks killed by police" were reported to the world because the citizens protested endlessly, not because their authority wanted the world to know. And they still remained dead!

But their children and families sued and collected millions of tax free dollars.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by teelaw4life(m): 3:09pm On Jul 05, 2021
youngsahito:
how do you apply for job in UAE or already have the job b4 u leave 9ja?

You can apply and look for jobs in UAE but you must consider these Four things:

1) The people or person you through which you came into the country. (For me, it was my agent).

2) Those you surround yourself with when in the country. The people in my accommodation were top guys who kept giving me job links.

3) How much you're determined to get a job and get started. First place I worked in this country was as a cleaner at a restaurant. I wasn't picky. I applied for several jobs I'd have considered beneath me if I was in naija. I forgot about my Psychology degree and applied for every job that was beneath me.

4) Luck and God's grace.

I did not leave naija with an offer. Came in January on 3 months VIsa. Spent the first month searching online and applying for jobs.

I got one at a restaurant in Dubai where I worked for about 2 weeks. The owner said she was just test running and there was no chef so i should go back to my old accommodation to wait for her call. She wasted my time and didn't pay me a dime except 20aed to take the metro back to Ajman where i used to stay.

I got information about a conpany hiring, so I applied and they sent me a message to come for interview. I went for it, passed and got a job designation that had double the pay of the position I applied for. Now, I have my Emirates ID. I'm settled and already lookinh forward to upgrade once my probation period with this company is over.

11 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by pokosimani: 3:14pm On Jul 05, 2021
Better to die for strange land so that if reincarnation is real, you go reincarnate for the strange land o. grin grin grin
Is Nigeria not stranger than that 'strange land'

authority2006:

And later Nigeria. Many Nigerians living and working abroad actually entertain the idea of moving back once old age sets in, they get tired at certain point. Money dey already to provide everything for themselves in Nigeria if it comes to that. Who wan die for strange land? Lol

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by authority2006(m): 3:15pm On Jul 05, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

Everything in Naija is just scattered.
No organization.
In Fact, repatriating me and giving me the same JUICY JOB which I had before leaving would even kill me more.
Just look at the insecurity alone.
How can INEC CHAIRMEN & Collation Officers have better CVs than those vying for elective positions?

Imagine Kids heading to schools and watching suspects being lynched with tyres and petrol.
Is that country Normal?

The only REGRET I have is, I didn't leave EARLY.

Even on nairaland, you would see many educated folks supporting such barbaric acts. And you would be wondering what is wrong with everyone in this country

5 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by babyfaceafrica: 3:16pm On Jul 05, 2021
lordally:

I swear you just hit the nail on the head!!! Lemme tell you my uncle's story. For so many years he's been trying to move abroad and he's been duped a couple of times. He got admission and refused to go to school saying the Nigerian system as being useless!! He's been working as a security guard for several years and the while family saw him as being useless and having no ambition! Everyone gave up on him! Omo this uncle of mine had all his mind in the US and it's either USA or nothing!! Then in 2017 God picked his call and he got a visit visa to the USA for a conference in NEW YORK Omo before he left withing a week the while family raised 900K for him plus his own little savings so he left. After the conference in NEW YORK , he moved to another State then started planning numerous legal ways to legalise his stay. He knew he had to look for ways to legalise his stay withing the 2yrs his visit visa was valid. So to cut story short , he applied for Asylum with a valid reason and he employed and immigration lawyer mind you the moment he applied for Asylum he was given a temporary work permit of which he could use to work pending till when his Asylum case is being determined , he was also given an accommodation and Food stamp. To cut the story short , he was granted an asylum and he now enjoys benefits in the US. As of today he has a house he bought in the US , A car , he has a land in Nigeria too and he's been helping family members to some extent. So I would say for someone who has only WAEC and was working a security job in Nigeria living a good life top earners live in Nigeria I would say moving abroad brought only good tidings for him. 2yrs back he collapse at work and And 911 was called they came ASAP was administering first aid to him right in the Ambulance until he got to the Hospital. Dr said something about Kidney stone or something I can't recollect but he called his siblings and told them about it Omo everybody don begin dey plan how them go start praying and fasting Omo the next day he called and said the Dr operated on him and it's been resolved!!! Now tell me if he was in Nigeria na mortuary in for land!

So looking at my uncle's case Omo if you no what's you're doing and you're so determined to move abroad not cos you're being forced Omo you go make am abeg!! In 2019 he even tried to help 6 members of the family come over!! He paid money for our passports and Visa application fees but Omo dem deny all of us ooo!! So for me Abroad anytime any day!
This is a very unfair statement
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by seunny4lif(m): 3:19pm On Jul 05, 2021
I taya oooh cheesy
pokosimani:
Or u no de carry babe grin grin grin

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by WhyNa: 3:27pm On Jul 05, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
This is a very unfair statement

There is truth in what he said

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by mayunlek: 3:29pm On Jul 05, 2021
it better experienced speaks here, though all things be equal,
it better to pray and seek God if you are permitted to move, you move if not stay back.
God is the best in direction.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by seunny4lif(m): 3:30pm On Jul 05, 2021
authority2006:

Travelled twice to Libya? No wonder you finally japa, you were hell bent on leaving!
Yes oooh
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by TheRealOwner(m): 3:30pm On Jul 05, 2021
Coldie:
The job I do abroad. Is far better than any job I ever did in Nigeria.

To make matters even better the pay and work load is better.

The job I do abroad is almost equivalent to me doing nothing and getting paid.

Eren Yeager
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by igwegeorgiano(m): 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2021
Emperormartin:
Why is it that northerners don't move abroad?
it's cos of their born to rule mentality

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by BafanaBafana: 3:32pm On Jul 05, 2021
uthlaw:
is not hate,I was born and brought up in north and still living in North!
Then stop hating.
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by authority2006(m): 3:35pm On Jul 05, 2021
lordally:

So looking at my uncle's case Omo if you no what's you're doing and you're so determined to move abroad not cos you're being forced Omo you go make am abeg!! In 2019 he even tried to help 6 members of the family come over!! He paid money for our passports and Visa application fees but Omo dem deny all of us ooo!! So for me Abroad anytime any day !

Well, for those who already have their mind set upon it, no problem. The willpower to succeed abroad is already there.

The only time I applied for American Visa was their lottery back in 2013 which my wife eventually won. I applied only because there was free computer, internet connection, printer and scanner. Lol. But we were unable to raise money after interview date was given.
The truth is that abroad didn't really pique my interest, so I didn't put much effort into raising the needed money. But my children will study in USA, UK or Canada, be it scholarships or my personal money.
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by BafanaBafana: 3:36pm On Jul 05, 2021
iwaeda:

All the states start with K are from where? You people keep confusing the truth because of crumbs.
You only agree to be northerners when you want to castigate the north. You believe the Christian from the south is your brother, meanwhile you are just another aboki.
Because of your hatred for your kins, even the crumbs sef no reach you.
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by lordally(m): 3:38pm On Jul 05, 2021
authority2006:

Well, for those who already have their mind set upon it, no problem. The willpower to succeed abroad is already there.

The only time I applied for American Visa was their lottery back in 2013 which my wife eventually won. I applied only because there was free computer, internet connection, printer and scanner. Lol. But we were unable to raise money after interview date was given.
The truth is that abroad didn't really pique my interest, so I didn't put much effort into raising the needed money. But my children will study in USA, UK or Canada, be it scholarships or my personal money.

Kai!! Omo I just wish say the thing been dey on now ooo Omo I for apply scatter. 2013 I was 21 grin
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by lastchild: 3:43pm On Jul 05, 2021
movies and pictures decieved me, i ran to Spain with all I've saved, things were working there but the truth is, life in Europe is not fun

people behave so normal that it becomes abnormal

depression almost killed me, i had to run back to Nigeria ��

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Naajjii: 3:49pm On Jul 05, 2021
milehigh06:

Comeone keep quiet there...una full texas and north Carolina getting married to fat daughters of rich white men...one just visited yesterday..calm down
how many re doing fraud?
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by iwaeda: 3:51pm On Jul 05, 2021
BafanaBafana:

You only agree to be northerners when you want to castigate the north. You believe the Christian from the south is your brother, meanwhile you are just another aboki.
Because of your hatred for your kins, even the crumbs sef no reach you.

Go and sleep cool
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Benwems(m): 4:01pm On Jul 05, 2021
motymop:
2 stories

1st story

I met a waiter at rhapsody in ikeja shopping mall, who regretted leaving Nigeria for dubai, i asked him why? He said he left his stable job to Dubai, got to dubai and was earning 70k, was also living in a shared accommodation with 4 people, after working for 5 months, he resigned and left Dubai for Nigeria.

2nd story

My cousin left his well paid job for Canada, sold his properties in naija and moved to Canada with his family, first 8 month of his life was hell upon earth, from bills to bills, from one low wage job to another, the neighborhood he was living with his family was infested with gangs, the public school was also infected with gangs, his children got bullied because of their accents, his wife, even though supportive couldn't get a good job, bros was tired of everything.

So he decided to solve his problem by moving back, after the scrap they could save in Canada, my guy and his family moved back to Nigeria, they had to start afresh, thank God, he had a supportive family and friends, they use their connections to help him find another good job but what is lost is lost till today he still regrets selling his properties for Canada.

It’s a lie for Canada but you UAE it can be true. Canada have unemployment benefits for residents if they are unable to get a job. They have both federal and province unemployment benefits plus they have food bank for people needing free food. You are just lying. Plus you hardly find a gangster in Canada because Canada is a reserve society. Those gangster stuff is mostly USA plus there is low racism in Canada. Either your friend or whoever is just lazy or they are disturbing him from his village to come back to Nigeria. Because there are a lot of jobs in Canada especially if you are in the IT or medical field plus Canada government can give you light loan to start up a business if you have a good proposal.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 05, 2021
Monogamy:

May be unnecessary bills.. 2 bdr apartment in Usa, not furnished oo, standard one is from $1500 per month.. How much is that in Naira? How much is 2bdr apt per annum in Nigeria?

Before you convert pls ask yourself can $1500 as rent be made in a month in the US? If Yes, convert. Whatever that gives you in Naira, ask yourself can you get that in a month in Nigeria? If No. Leave the matter.

It’s only greed that makes you leave in a house of gold and want to pay with plastics

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Qc1(m): 4:24pm On Jul 05, 2021
Benwems:

It’s a lie for Canada but you UAE it can be true. Canada have unemployment benefits for residents if they are unable to get a job. They have both federal and province unemployment benefits plus they have food bank for people needing free food. You are just lying. Plus you hardly find a gangster in Canada because Canada is a reserve society. Those gangster stuff is mostly USA plus there is low racism in Canada. Either your friend or whoever is just lazy or they are disturbing him from his village to come back to Nigeria. Because there are a lot of jobs in Canada especially if you are in the IT or medical field plus Canada government can give you light loan to start up a business if you have a good proposal.

You're 101% on point.

I don't know people come here to lie as if their lives depend on it.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Shokoloko(f): 4:46pm On Jul 05, 2021
Benwems:

Thank you sir,
I did not want to talk about the government loan for new immigrants because Nairalanders would accuse me of lying. Let me like your comment jare

4 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Shokoloko(f): 4:49pm On Jul 05, 2021
jesmond3945:
see this man who would give you engineering work, if you don't have oyibo experience through placement or internship who would give you engineering work? Where you have eastern Europeans, Americans all over the place. Unless you are talking of middle east. Please let us not deceive our people. If you are not in medical line or ICT, oyibo would give you minimum wage work to do.
Dear sir, Please be not deceived. I am in finance. With TIME and perseverance any race can get to the top

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply)

Lagos State Neighbourhood Recruitment 2017 / Australia Government MSc Scholarship For Nigerians- 3rd Class Can Apply / Diamond Bank 2014 Recruitment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.