Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Dear Developer, Our Journey Will Be Different And That's Okay. - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Dear Developer, Our Journey Will Be Different And That's Okay. (3117 Views)

Please, is this okay for a learner? / Dear Developers: How Do You Keep Yourself Motivated. / Is Django Okay To Get A Web Developer Job Or Use For Freelancing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Developer, Our Journey Will Be Different And That's Okay. by homealone00: 5:22am On Jul 17, 2021
qtguru:

Maybe you are not aligning yourself well, with Java Skills you have the following options:

Upworks
Remote

or

Building Shopify Apps with Storefront API
API + Client and sell the Project on Codecanyon

Unless your skills is not up to par to what recruiters are looking for, because sentiments aside if you do not have good quality level, you will most likely be over-looked so either build a personal project that can make money, My advise look at Upworks and think of a solution.

wish you all the best

Note

I have seen the app you built, my advise don't build such, they are not new and to easy build, something different like a platform

e.g

You have to build something that has value. e.g Maybe A Food Platform, or even an Android App that you generates content dynamically on the fly so in the backend when you determine the content type and all, you can render that in the client, that infrastructure is profitable and can be used for plenthora of things.

Don't build simple things, build complex projects that has value and can be bought, Look at TapCart, you can start small, build something that will help SME maybe even the Agric Farmers a platform to connect food people.

pls I am currently learning web development I need a guide and a mentor, I wont mind if you will be
Re: Dear Developer, Our Journey Will Be Different And That's Okay. by homealone00: 5:23am On Jul 17, 2021
qtguru:

Friday
is it useable on android?
Re: Dear Developer, Our Journey Will Be Different And That's Okay. by qtguru(m): 9:48am On Jul 17, 2021
homealone00:
pls I am currently learning web development I need a guide and a mentor, I wont mind if you will be

Sorry but my schedule is tight. The only way I can tutor anyone is through my diary and blog or videos. But Karleb and the rest will be a better guide.

1 Like

Re: Dear Developer, Our Journey Will Be Different And That's Okay. by Bulaveur: 2:16am On Jul 19, 2021
Away from all these arguments,

For the Android guy, the first break is the hardest. It's not easy but it gets easier.

So I'll advice picking up a cross platform framework like React Native or flutter to help boost your chances.

I don't remember who said it here but everyones journey is different. It took me a year between when I started and when I got my first job.

Regardless, just keep at it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is ᚢeun willing to sell Nairaland / Could This Basic Code Be Malfunction? / Please Sign Up For My Fintech Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.