Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,795 members, 7,820,793 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? (2684 Views)

Why Are African Women Jealous Of Interracial Couples / Are African Women Jealous Of African American Women's "Natural" Lighter Skin? / Secrets Behind The Success Of Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by Princek12(m): 10:07pm On May 09, 2011
My brother just talked with this Ibo lady who recently returned from visiting Lagos. She (the Ibo lady) said her visit to Lagos annoyed her because too many people were saying "nigbati nigbati," apparently taking a jab at the prevalence of Yoruba culture and language in Lagos. She further said that "nigbati  nigbati" should not be used and that only English should be spoken because Lagos was the commercial capital and an international and diverse city, and that Yorubas should not take credit for success of Lagos. Put simply, she said Yoruba people should not speak Yoruba language in Lagos. That is an insult, to put it mildly.

I responded by telling her that if hearing "nigbati nigbati" offended her, that she should do herself a favor by staying away from Lagos and visiting only Igbo land when she visits Nigeria. Her gestures and words also exuded undertones of jealousy.

My people of Nairaland, do you think Ibos are jealous because the success of Lagos is a Yoruba land whose success has been attributed to Yoruba people, especially in light of the improvements in Lagos under the administration of Gov. Babatunde Raji Fashola?
Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by aljharem3: 11:21pm On May 09, 2011
do u blame them undecided
Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by HighChief4(m): 11:42pm On May 09, 2011
@OP you are just a fool that does not know that Lagos was once the Capital of Nigeria. How old are you?

1 Like

Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by Princek12(m): 11:49pm On May 09, 2011
High_Chief:

@OP you are just a fool that does not know that Lagos was once the Capital of Nigeria. How old are you?

you are the bigger fool. May thunder strike you and kill you. shut the phuck up if you have nothing of substance to say. What does being the former capital have to do with saying Yorubas should not speak Yoruba in Lagos?
Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by HighChief4(m): 12:21am On May 10, 2011
Princek12:

you are the bigger fool. May thunder strike you and kill you. shut the phuck up if you have nothing of substance to say. What does being the former capital have to do with saying Yorubas should not speak Yoruba in Lagos?

You dont have to disrespect me and I asked you a question, how old are you?

1 Like

Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by Princek12(m): 3:37am On May 10, 2011
High_Chief:

You dont have to disrespect me and I asked you a question, how old are you?

Ahh! You disrespected me first by calling me a fool. Respect is reciprocal. My age is none of your business. Keep to the issues. No ad hominem statements.
Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by InkedNerd(f): 6:04am On May 10, 2011
@Princek12 and High_Chief: Please just discuss the topic without threats or personal jabs undecided
Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by BABE3: 6:15am On May 10, 2011
OP, pls what is the purpose of this thread? What are you trying to get out of it? smiley
Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by HighChief4(m): 12:55pm On May 10, 2011
Princek12:

Ahh! You disrespected me first by calling me a fool. Respect is reciprocal. My age is none of your business. Keep to the issues. No ad hominem statements.

You should have known that the idea of putting up this thread will cos another cyber tribal war and its very childish and not called for

Inked_Nerd:

@Princek12 and High_Chief: Please just discuss the topic without threats or personal jabs undecided

Inked there is nothing to discuss on this topic, the OP is aiming at something else

BABE!:

OP, pls what is the purpose of this thread? What are you trying to get out of it? smiley

Good question **Babe i think this is the second time am telling you this**
Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by BABE3: 3:46pm On May 10, 2011
^^ High Chief! True that! Our question minds are alike! smiley
Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by bababuff(m): 5:06pm On May 10, 2011
I hope they are not. undecided
Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by Ngodigha: 5:53pm On May 10, 2011
What sort of senseless thread is this?. Any way, I hereby spit on this idiotic thread before the moderators deletes it.

1 Like

Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by IgboGirl(f): 7:13pm On May 10, 2011
So, you generalized Igbos just cos of one Igbo woman?

1 Like

Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by Princek12(m): 8:29pm On May 10, 2011
I did not generalize Ibos because of one woman. I asked a question about how Ibos think based on the woman said and what other Ibos I know have said.

I guess the truth is bitter, but it must be said.
Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by Princek12(m): 8:30pm On May 10, 2011
High_Chief:

You should have known that the idea of putting up this thread will cos another cyber tribal war and its very childish and not called for

Inked there is nothing to discuss on this topic, the OP is aiming at something else

Good question **Babe i think this is the second time am telling you this**

Are you worried about a tribal war or the ascertainment of the truth? May the truth prevail. Why are all these Ibos getting defensive, sef? Geez? Take a chill pill, mehn!

Nigerians and their defensive mentality! This is a simple question: are Ibos jealous of the success of Lagos? You would think intelligent people will give a simple answer and say yes or no.

Another simple question: should Yorubas stop speaking Yoruba in Lagos? You would think intelligent people will a simple answer. But no, these backward-thinking of Nairaland have claimed it is a tribal war. Get a life.
Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by HighChief4(m): 10:18pm On May 10, 2011
Princek12:

Are you worried about a tribal war or the ascertainment of the truth? May the truth prevail. Why are all these Ibos getting defensive, sef? Geez? Take a chill pill, mehn!

Nigerians and their defensive mentality! This is a simple question: are Ibos jealous of the success of Lagos? You would think intelligent people will give a simple answer and say yes or no.

Another simple question: should Yorubas stop speaking Yoruba in Lagos? You would think intelligent people will a simple answer. But no, these backward-thinking of Nairaland have claimed it is a tribal war. Get a life.

Stop spewing rubbish. Those questions are senseless, hence I asked how old you were

BABE!:

^^ High Chief! True that! Our question minds are alike! smiley

Maybe we are still two hearts that beat as one cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by IgboGirl(f): 10:22pm On May 10, 2011
Princek12:

I did not generalize Ibos because of one woman. I asked a question about how Ibos think based on the woman said and what other Ibos I know have said.

You didn't generalize but yet you believe your thread is speaking the truth?
Don't hide behind a meaningless question, just say what's really on your mind.

1 Like

Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by BABE3: 10:27pm On May 10, 2011
@ Princek12 : So after "intelligent" people answer your question, the igbos won't be jealous anymore ba? or what?  I still don't the point of this thread sha.  undecided

And pls what kind of question is "should Yorubas stop speaking Yoruba in lagos"?  

Anyways, I'm happy people aren't really responding to the thread.  cheesy The thread will not go past the first page in Jesus's name. Amen!  wink

@High Chief:  errmm--maybe we are not. We're just cool like that! wink
Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 10, 2011
OP, What's in Lagos to be jealous of?

Answer that question first, then, we can answer you.

1 Like

Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by HighChief4(m): 10:36pm On May 10, 2011
@High Chief: errmm--maybe we are not. We're just cool like that! wink
[quote][/quote]

angry angry angry .
Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by kasiem(m): 4:51pm On May 11, 2011
@op,
see what laziness can cause to u. I can bet it that ur family does not even have a landed in lagos, so what are we going to gain being jealous in the land that we've invested in alot? And mind u that lagos is no man's land, cos king dosunmu sold to the foreigners. Imbe cile

1 Like

Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by bashr4: 1:01am On May 12, 2011
no they are not jealous of lagos or anyother state for that matter cause theres nothing to be jealous about unless theres something in lagos i dont know about.dumb thread.
Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by lepasharon(f): 1:07am On May 12, 2011
lagos is a yoruba state so you Ibos should shut up with that mess
Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by EzeUche2(m): 2:02am On May 12, 2011
lepasharon:

lagos is a yoruba state so you Ibos should shut up with that mess

Which will sink into the sea, because of rising sea levels. Like we care. . .

Enjoy that overglorified slum.

1 Like

Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by Princek12(m): 3:22pm On May 12, 2011
mbatuku2:

OP, What's in Lagos to be jealous of?

Answer that question first, then, we can answer you.

The bustling night life--movie theaters, clubs, eateries, cafes, and the like

The wonderful beaches we have in Lagos--Bar Beach, Badagry Beach, Epe Beach, etc

Our wonderful Islands such as Victoria Island, Banana Island. Other areas such as Lekki

The good governance under the leadership of Gov Raji Fashola

The good sanitation system and garbage collection system

The music and movie capital of Nigeria

The development of Eko Atlantic city, which upon completion will be the economic hub of West Africa

Lagos' international appeal.

The abundance of many hotels that meet any international standard

Even other Ibos are now telling their Governors to take a cue from what Lagos is doing. We are the pacesetter for Nigeria

You better call your folks in Aba to start cleaning up their city.
http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/refuse-heaps-take-over-aba

[size=14pt]Eko Oni Baje o[/size]
Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by hugooh42(m): 4:05pm On May 12, 2011
First off all stop calling "Ibos' It's Igbos.How old are you by the way?I guess you are a juvinille.
Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by fadhill: 4:23pm On May 12, 2011
hugooh42, you guys have started this issue of Igbo and Ibo again. It's only spent people that does this. Better stop derailing this thread. How dare you as someone's age. May be you suffer from inferiority complex.
Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by bashr4: 12:28am On May 13, 2011
Princek12:

The wonderful beaches we have in Lagos--Bar Beach, Badagry Beach, Epe Beach, etc

Our wonderful Islands such as Victoria Island, Banana Island. Other areas such as Lekki

The development of Eko Atlantic city, which upon completion will be the economic hub of West Africa

Even other Ibos are now telling their Governors to take a cue from what Lagos is doing. We are the pacesetter for Nigeria

good for lagosians but there nothing there we dont have in the east ,and please nigerian movies are made in the east.

as for eko atlantic its a nice project but we also have the greater portharcourt city and rainbow city undergoin development plus enugu and owerri, mentioning a decaying aba is like mentioning a decayed ibadan or akure so stop being silly .

you need to stop being delusional some igbos prefer living in the west same way some yorubas prefer livin in the east
Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 13, 2011
Princek12:

Did you mention beaches? Which beach? The ones full of excrements?

Dude, you crack me up big time.
Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by Afanna1: 2:56pm On May 14, 2011
na wa. grin grin cheesy
bashr4:

good for lagosians but there nothing there we dont have in the east ,and please nigerian movies are made in the east.

as for eko atlantic its a nice project but we also have the greater portharcourt city and rainbow city undergoin development plus enugu and owerri, mentioning a decaying aba is like mentioning a decayed ibadan or akure so stop being silly .

you need to stop being delusional some igbos prefer living in the west same way some yorubas prefer livin in the east
[/quot

Stop claiming,ph and calabar is in the south south.
Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by Beync(f): 3:36pm On May 15, 2011
This op seriously sick, dat u had a conversation with a woman and from the way she feels u come here to ask nosense question about who is being jealous. from the way u curse, u seem like one who hasnt move a bit frm lagos to experience life outside ajegunle. what r u insinuating by such silly question?mumu in the highest order. u can curse me it donsnt change ur ignorant state of mind.
Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by chuckdee4(m): 12:24pm On May 16, 2011
Princek12:

So you know the truth, then why ask?

I swear Nairaland is full of retards sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Strange!men Drinks 2ltrs Of Blood & Milk In Ethiopia,to Be Crowned Fattest Man / Adeesu Tabi Osole Gidi / Omo Yoruba Nimi Tokatokan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.