Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? (2688 Views)

Why Are African Women Jealous Of Interracial Couples / Are African Women Jealous Of African American Women's "Natural" Lighter Skin? / Secrets Behind The Success Of Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by zukkyo: 7:59pm On May 17, 2011
NO, all of Nigeria instead should compliment and be proud of the Igbos,
History of a time not too far gone tells us of how the military government of then Nigeria alloed Igbo biz men
a return of just 20 N (twenty NAIRA) for their millions in banks all over Nigeria,
but yet, the Igbos are probably the most industrious and Biz minded people of Nigeria,
they made glory from the scrap of just 20Naira, lesson for you
Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by s3nn2x(m): 12:29am On Jul 24, 2011
To say the least, this is a very funny thread. How can u say that the igbos are jealous of Lagos. Who owns lagos for goodness sake if not the Igbos. Forget the fact that lagos is a yoruba state bot how many indegenous lagosian are there. Do u knw the amount of tribes you'd find in lagos. Nobody is jealous of Lagos, maybe she is just pissed off with the fact that the yorubas are so tribalistic that they usually refuse to speak english to a non-yoruba person even if they know how to speak english language and they know the person cannot speak Yoruba. The fact still remains that lagos was the former administrative capital of Nigeria and the acclaimed commercial capital of Nigeria and the foremost gateway into the country. If not for anything, but for the visitors that are coming to the state for the first time. BTW, I was born and bred in lagos, my family stays in lagos and I schooled in lagos but i am originally from Abia, so, I know what I am talking about. the girl had a genuine reason for complaining.
Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by NegroNtns(m): 8:33pm On Jul 24, 2011
You all back of that girl for asking a legitimate question.

Answer it or step! Don't harass her!

She is speaking the truth as far as how Igbos envy Yorubas for Lagos. Its one of the reasons you have refused to eave Nigeria, your obsessive attachment to lagos. Some of you are so hooked on lagos you are even begging foir a Southern union with Yorubas.

Leeeave that girl to say what she wants and stop bothering.
Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by s3nn2x(m): 11:00pm On Jul 24, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

You all back of that girl for asking a legitimate question.

Answer it or step! Don't harass her!

She is speaking the truth as far as how Igbos envy Yorubas for Lagos. Its one of the reasons you have refused to eave Nigeria, your obsessive attachment to lagos. Some of you are so hooked on lagos you are even begging foir a Southern union with Yorubas.

Leeeave that girl to say what she wants and stop bothering.

To say the least, she is not asking a legitimate question. She, you and every1 supporting are just plain tribalistic in nature. hw can somebody say the igbos are jealous of lagos and it is because of lagos that they do not want to leave Nigeria. Do u thing lagos or any part of the south west is self sustaining. Nigeria is best if we remain together but if peole like you dont want to go beyound the Biafra period then shame on you. Nobody is jealous of lagos, infact, lagos is nothing more than a failed city and it would require every1 in Nigeria to rebuild lagos, so, if u are tryn to be sentimental, then u can rebuild lagos on your own. it is people like you that is making Nigeria divided instead of us to be united.
Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by jason123: 2:45am On Jul 25, 2011
s3nn2x:

To say the least, she is not asking a legitimate question. She, you and every1 supporting are just plain tribalistic in nature. hw can somebody say the igbos are jealous of lagos and it is because of lagos that they do not want to leave Nigeria. Do u thing lagos or any part of the south west is self sustaining. Nigeria is best if we remain together but if peole like you dont want to go beyound the Biafra period then shame on you. Nobody is jealous of lagos, infact, lagos is nothing more than a failed city and it would require every1 in Nigeria to rebuild lagos, so, if u are tryn to be sentimental, then u can rebuild lagos on your own. it is people like you that is making Nigeria divided instead of us to be united.

I agree with your comment EXCEPT that you were not objective. I have questions for you:

Was Calabar not the capital before Lagos?? And is Abuja not the current capital
Do these cities speak English or Ibibio and Hausa respectively

Your answer will be appreciated!!!
Re: Are Ibos Jealous Of The Success Of Lagos? by odumchi: 9:48pm On Jul 25, 2011
O'boy Lagos is not the movie capital of Nigeria. Most Nollywood films are shot in Enugu.

I won't bother discussing in this thread. I just wanted to point that out.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adeesu Tabi Osole Gidi / Is It A Crime To Regift? / Good Bye Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.