Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara (47008 Views)

Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? / Cut-off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-east, 139 For Anambra, 2 For Zam / JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by aribisala0(m): 8:34am On Jul 06, 2021
Speakright79:
More proof that ndigbo are more gifted academically than the rest. The so called SW educational supremacy has always been a myth. Unfortunately ndigbo are morons in the political spectrum...
Logically that is not what the scores prove from a statistical perspective

It only tells us who is more desperate to enter those schools.
The key figures that are not revealed that we need to know is
A breakdown of the total number of candidates on a state by state basis

The Unity schools are secondary schools and represent lest than 1% of secondary schools in Nigeria
How many Nigerians want to attend Unity schools?

Quite how entrance scores for that can be used to demonstrate giftedness shows lacunae in your cognitive infrastructure.

It is amusing that at every opportunities some Igbos invoke an imaginary rivalry with Yoruba.
We are not your coevals. Your inability to decipher what these figures mean is telling.

We all remember what happened when Jonathan introduced his PRESSID scholarship scheme

3 Likes

Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by ROTTWEILER007: 8:34am On Jul 06, 2021
2 na still number now, let's see if the can even get the 2
Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by Yankee101: 8:35am On Jul 06, 2021
It means your educational standards are higher.

The unity schools have deteriorated, stick to private schools and keep up the standards

It's quite unfortunate. The north keeps pushing fundamentalism and are being consumed by it
Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by austinvsb: 8:39am On Jul 06, 2021
aribisala0:
I have said this a million times and I will repeat it again
It is disappointing to see people who claim to be educated, claim to be university graduates come out and misrepresent statistics.

The cut off point in common entrance exams do no mean what they are being purported to mean.

The state with the highest cut off is not the best performing state and neither is the state with the lowest cut off the worst performing.

I will repeat that for emphasis

The state with the highest cut off is not the best performing state and neither is the state with the lowest cut off the worst performing.

That will take some time to digest for those who have an agenda to pursue but that is the reality?
What those scores reflect is simply demand and supply.
The states with the highest cut off are the states with the highest demand. The greatest number of candidates.
The cut off mark for German candidates will be Zero because there are no German candidates. If the FG reserves 5 slots for Germany and only 1 German takes the exam guess what the cut off would be?

Common Entrance scores do not tell us that Group A is brilliant or group B is dull as many want to project

Anyone who does not grasp this fundamental is as dull as those they are trying to mock

There may be injustice somewhere but it is not in the scores. It may be in the number of states or the attributed population.
So e.g. if tomorrow the SE is given 5 more states and NOTHING ELSE changes ceteris paribus, the cut off for those states would drop very significantly

The facts should be use to make the right argument
Secondary school provision is not the place of the FG. Unity schools are created for a purpose of "unity" and if they are no longer required the funding would have to be distributed to the states. Unity schools must have a quota system and if we don't want that they should be scrapped

And this one too will think he has a functioning brain

4 Likes

Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 06, 2021
I could remember back then in junior secondary school. Half of the entire school population opted for YabaTech.

Guess what happened?
Nobody from the South got it. But those from the North got admission. Even my class that was the most brilliant set in the school didn't smell it.
Anambra as always had the highest cut-off mark, this pissed off my dad so much that I had to go to another school.

1 Like

Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 06, 2021
kellybently:

Is just to encourage them to go to sch.

encourage indeed, but they later become rulers of this shithole and never talk or behave as if they were product of accomodation
Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by just2endowed: 8:45am On Jul 06, 2021
MyopicMods:
Nigerian Government Puts Cut-Off Marks Into Unity School At 134 Average For South-East, Anambra 139, As Low As 2 Marks For Zamfara State.

https://saharareporters.com/2021/07/05/nigerian-government-puts-cut-marks-unity-school-134-average-south-east-low-2-marks?fbclid=IwAR33ijYOhwPWMGkK6SM2iVlLBxaL06XyCfR9vtrk3LjY92Bld1YckPaqmOs

Can't the north set standard as average marks? Must they be encouraging laziness?
Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by Sijo01(f): 8:45am On Jul 06, 2021
Yet, this demonic administration is forcing one Nigeria on those that are tired of this injustice and wants out.
Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by membranus: 8:45am On Jul 06, 2021
MI6Surveillance:
That's an indication that Anambra leads the pack, truly the light of the entire black race

Haha, entire black race keh?

That's too far-fetched.

Oga, please come down to mother earth before we lose you.
Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by Techguy96(m): 8:46am On Jul 06, 2021
Juliusmalema:

All is fair in times of love and war.
So north n south are fighting war?
Is no longer one Nigeria
Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by Maxino88: 8:47am On Jul 06, 2021
And GSU(Gombe state University) just produced one of the best graduating and an outstanding students from the college of medicine, I bet you take that same student to either UNN, UI, UNIPORTeven ESUT, Lagos State University...... Give her 10yrs after graduation she would not finish her CO

Producing half backed and qucks in the north...... Mtcheeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by Techguy96(m): 8:48am On Jul 06, 2021
ImmaculateJOE:

Stop talking thrash.
I'm Igbo.
I did my JSS class at Ado-Ekiti, once in a week we normally go to the school farm do some cultivation.

My SS class was at Yola Adamawa state, all through my senior secondary school days, we never for once raised a hoe.

Both are government owned schools.
Baptist Comprehensive High School, Ado-Ekiti.
Government Day Secondary School, Doubeli.

Yorubas are better Farmers than the Hausa-Fulani man.
I dey vex for u, why did u reply d fool
Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by HIPROFILE(m): 8:48am On Jul 06, 2021
See them Unfortunately they will always think they are dealing with south east with their lopsided policies not knowing they are helping the region in disguise.

Biafra shall be great

Yoruba nation shall be great

Nigeria shall be great

Let all live
Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by ThinkSmarter: 8:50am On Jul 06, 2021
EraseTheDot:
After school hours, northern students go to farms, cultivate, harvest and send food down south to feed while the southern students lazy around in yahoo, cultism & sex.

- erase the dot
enough of this ur tribalism, our main food here are (fufu)cassava,(abacha)cassava, yam, maize/pap, rice, beans, bananna, plaintain, green vegetables, cocoyam,fish, poultry, goat, local fowls, coconut, mangos, pears, etc.
And all these crops/animals are cultivated/reared in all the rural and semi urban areas in the south.
We depend on the north 4 cattle, beans, tomatoes, onions, carrot, g~egg.
I am Igbo by tribe and Nigeria by country.
Why do u hate my tribe?
Is it bc of IPOB? hv i hated the north bc of bokoharam?
stop the hate, its childish and immature.
I stand 4 one Nig built on the altar of peace, equity n fairness
Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by just2endowed: 8:51am On Jul 06, 2021
ROTTWEILER007:
2 na still number now, let's see if the can even get the 2

If you shade your answer sheet by random, my brother, you will get 3 correctly. You don't need to read self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by lexy2014: 8:52am On Jul 06, 2021
festacman:
The DOT states are not doing badly at all.

Many people misunderstand the plight of poor Northern children in this cut-off point show of shame. The reality is that while Northern elite send their children to top-drawer private schools, these young poorly educated cut-off-point victims never make it at SSCE and UME. They generally drop out, doing odd jobs and many becoming drug addicts. The young people who use quota system to secure plum jobs are still children of the elite. Head or tail the rich and influential win.

What u are saying is that there's no equity, fairness and justice in d country. How then do u advocate for one nigeria?
Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by SunTzu123(m): 8:55am On Jul 06, 2021
The higher they build the barriers, the taller we become.
The farther they take our rights away, the faster we run.
Our lives shine so brightly, it blinds them.
Because theres something inside so strong!
Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by andyanders: 8:55am On Jul 06, 2021
Juliusmalema:
What a country.

A time will come when we will have Zero (0) as cut-off mark...

I have a dream that a time will also come when Nigeria will have minus hundred (-100) as cut off mark.

So even if you didn't write the exam you are guaranteed admission under the negative cut-off mark.

Meanwhile Congratulations Mr President., PhD acquired.
Northerners only need to indicate his or her willingness to go to school. They don't need to pass any examination. Just try to know how to speak english language, you will get your PHD and off to federal appointment. While the southerners MUST merit any degree acquired from any educational institution. Check all the federal appointments are all northerners. Check out Nigerians in diaspora who are doing well, senators, federal law makers, businessmen and women are all southerners
Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by Chigold101(m): 8:59am On Jul 06, 2021
Juliusmalema:

This is cut off mark and you are shouting Southerners.

Every state has her cut off.
In unity school?

The unity school cut off marks are controlled by NECO in Abuja.
States has no say.
Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by SunTzu123(m): 9:00am On Jul 06, 2021
aribisala0:
Low cut off does not mean low standard

That is not what that means.
The price of Crude oil moves not because of any intrinsic change in the crude
It is down to demand and supply
Common entrance cut offs do not work in the same way as JAMB cut-offs
In order to interpret statistics they must be understood and not misrepresented
I am not saying that there are no low standards but that cannot be discerned from cut off. We cannot say the state with the highest cut off was the best performing or vice versa

The figures simply indicate demand and supply.
Some states have a very high demand for unity schools compared to others that is the one thing that can de determined from those scores with certainty.

Fixing anything for anybody automatically removes the forces of demand and supply for that person..
Quota system is not a progressive economic policy.
Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by P1PrinceKT(m): 9:04am On Jul 06, 2021
Fahdiga:
And some useful idiots of southern extraction are still hell bent on one Nigeria. Imagine the huge gap in the cut off marks between the south and the north when it is still the same illiterates from the north that will still occupy and head all the juicy positions in the country. Southern Nigeria is the most cowardice region in the world

How did you let that happen.

how can illiterate rule educated? How ?? How!!
Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by ekenetheorg(m): 9:04am On Jul 06, 2021
This should apply to political offices through zoning and micro-zoning to give everyone equal opportunity. If it is applied here but not there, it doesn't spell equality. I have no problem with children who are disadvantaged in Education being given preference. The same should be done to people who are politically disadvantaged. In other words, Presidency should be zoned to the people of South East in 2023. Or these whole quote system should be scrapped and everything based on merit.

My one cent
Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by bigtt76(f): 9:05am On Jul 06, 2021
Not sure what all the hullabaloo is all about here. Are we saying that the kid in Zamfara who is not well schooled don't deserve to go further and learn more? Schools are not meant for only the brilliant but also the dumb.

Ok lets say the cut off is equal and at the end of the day, no Zamfara kid is eligible to attend a secondary school and that kid ends up being a bandit tomorrow ....do you think s/he won't come for that student who scored 150 and is living big?

This is the same thing that led to the north being the 'food basket' of the nation and we all depend on them for our tomatoes and onions. We abandoned farming for white collar jobs, leaving behind strategic occupations to the northerners we all perceived are dull. The result today is glaring - northerners head the army because they grew through the ranks. Southerners who tried to sneak in through short service can only get to certain ranks in the military through short service route.

Same thing goes with the civil service, the southerners prefer to trade or aim for higher paying jobs while the northerner settle for the low paying civil service and end up heading choice ministries. Politics nko? The northerners are more united because they're focused on the goal unlike the southerners who are disunited and in the process lose focus on the goal.

Allow the north joooor!

MyopicMods:
Nigerian Government Puts Cut-Off Marks Into Unity School At 134 Average For South-East, Anambra 139, As Low As 2 Marks For Zamfara State.

https://saharareporters.com/2021/07/05/nigerian-government-puts-cut-marks-unity-school-134-average-south-east-low-2-marks?fbclid=IwAR33ijYOhwPWMGkK6SM2iVlLBxaL06XyCfR9vtrk3LjY92Bld1YckPaqmOs
Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by Conrod: 9:07am On Jul 06, 2021
Juliusmalema:
What a country.

A time will come when we will have Zero (0) as cut-off mark...

I have a dream that a time will also come when Nigeria will have minus hundred (-100) as cut off mark.

So even if you didn't write the exam you are guaranteed admission under the negative cut-off mark.

Meanwhile Congratulations Mr President., PhD acquired.
This is also a big shame on you as their number one fifth columist in this forum,enjoy it.
Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by BestKato(m): 9:09am On Jul 06, 2021
See Another goat @@**@@
Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by cowboyT: 9:10am On Jul 06, 2021
odduduwa:
today's 1k earned successful , today is 5th remaining 25 k
1k for every support, and the mumu dey waste im life and destiny.
Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by xeju: 9:10am On Jul 06, 2021
EraseTheDot:
After school hours, northern students go to farms, cultivate, harvest and send food down south to feed while the southern students lazy around in yahoo, cultism & sex.

- erase the dot
Tard, are dey sending the food for free? Yet you're using our oil to develop your unfortunate region. Trying to give excuse for mediocrity
Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by naptu2: 9:11am On Jul 06, 2021
Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by sosereal201(m): 9:13am On Jul 06, 2021
mystery22:
It's not a new thing,my only problem is when we talk the dumb futa jalon pigs from sahel will talk too,well I blame British for greedily forcing us with human cows
Fact here is that we can call the northerners all the names we want and do they care? NO. as long that they have achieved their aims all other things are secondary. But what puzzles me is that for all these years this people been feeding that south shit we still won't learn. And guess what it will happen allover again.
Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by MrUchenna1(m): 9:13am On Jul 06, 2021
when a region is not being guided by international approved standard but focused so much on how to manipulate the system to their selfish ambition.it lower the overall standard of living.
Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by aribisala0(m): 9:15am On Jul 06, 2021
SunTzu123:

Fixing anything for anybody automatically removes the forces of demand and supply for that person..
Quota system is not a progressive economic policy.
We are not discussing economic policy
If we do not want the FG to have Unity schools we should scrap them and stop whipping up unnecessary sentiments
At no time were Unity schools established as centres of excellence.
It is not the business of the FG to provide secondary school education. These schools were set up not to fill a gap in secondary school supply. That is not the job of the FG. The schools were created for so called "UNITY" if we don't agree with that then scrap it and stop changing the narrative
If Nigeria and Ghana decide to have a Unity school with 50:50 slots the cut off will be higher for Nigerian students simply because of demand. It does not prove who is smarter.

Misinterpretation of statistics or deliberate misrepresentation for propaganda is all I see here

1 Like

Re: Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara by andyanders: 9:15am On Jul 06, 2021
Northerners only need to indicate his or her willingness to go to school. They don't need to pass any examination. Just try to know how to speak english language, you will get your PHD and off to federal appointment. While the southerners MUST merit any degree acquired from any educational institution. Check all the federal appointments are all northerners.

Check out Nigerians in diaspora who are doing well, senators, federal law makers, businessmen and women are all southerness. Hardly can you find any northerner in that category.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FG Gives School Operators 12 Days To Meet COVID-19 Guidelines / Auchi Polytechnic Lecturer Injures Female Student, Flees (Photos) / Gunmen Raid MOCPED, Lagos; Lecturer, Student Shot Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.