Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,740 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Handing Over Your Pay - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Handing Over Your Pay (1966 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Handing Over Your Pay by aminalib(f): 12:02am On May 10, 2011
Men can you hand over your whole paycheck to your wife or girlfriend? would you trust her be financially responsible of the household and finances?
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by Nobody: 12:09am On May 10, 2011
Wife perhaps. Girlfriend heck no.
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by Tosinville(m): 12:10am On May 10, 2011
for what reason?
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by aminalib(f): 12:10am On May 10, 2011
2buff:

Wife perhaps. Girlfriend heck no.

hey buddy, long time. grin, ok explain further
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by aminalib(f): 12:11am On May 10, 2011
Tosinville:

for what reason?

well there are some men whom would rather let the woman handle the finances, maybe he is not good with handling such undecided
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by Tosinville(m): 12:17am On May 10, 2011
I wonder how can a real man hand over his business to his wife? No reasonable man will do that when he isn't on a business trip & thats the reason why i ask for what reason?
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by aminalib(f): 12:20am On May 10, 2011
Tosinville:

I wonder how can a real man hand over his business to his wife? No reasonable man will do that when he isn't on a business trip & thats the reason why i ask for what reason?

believe it or not there are some REAL men that do that, especially older men that were younger in their days, there are guys who do just hang their check to their wifes and let their wifes handle the bills and take care of the kids, and whatever she gives him is what he will use for himself, but there are also women who abuse that too
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by Tosinville(m): 12:29am On May 10, 2011
When my marriage turn to BDSM when my own wife will be the dominant while i'll be the submissive over my own stash again?¿¿ Any real man won't try such with his wife only for those senseless sugar daddies who act like a juvenile whenever they wanna have sex with their kids age mate will do that.
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by Nobody: 1:18am On May 10, 2011
aminalib:

hey buddy, long time. grin, ok explain further

Hey booboo tongue

I'm pretty bad with money grin
Be that as it may, a girlfriend has no business with management of my hard-earned paper
My wife however, if I trust her enough to be the kind of woman not to take advantage of things and who puts family before herself and who's good at managing funds, yes I may leave that in her hands.

1 Like

Re: Handing Over Your Pay by Nobody: 1:50am On May 10, 2011
aminalib:

Men can you hand over your whole paycheck to your wife or girlfriend?
Seriously for what?

Even as a woman, I will not hand over my paycheck to my husband.

We will work together yes but I will not hand over my paycheck to him.
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by iice(f): 4:51am On May 10, 2011
Yes he can, if he wants to.
Something instilled in me by my parents especially my mother. You must always account for every penny.
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by MrsChima(f): 4:52am On May 10, 2011
I am still trying to account for that five dollars I had last week. who been in my purse? angry
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by Tosinville(m): 11:00am On May 10, 2011
mugu men like that don't last on earth cos women takes their lives to take over completely & i do not see that in the bible when the husband should be the submissive in d house again?

As a matter of fact, i hv nothin to do with my wife income whilst she has nothing to do with my own business/income either to d extent of handlin my whole money to her 4 her to control me over it? is this a joke or insanity? when they didnt cast any spell on me
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by adamsrib(f): 11:50am On May 10, 2011
My husband hands over all of his checks to me. I have a very strong financial background and I'm more versed in different ways to save. A real man will acknowledge the strengths of his partner and use it to better his family and himself at the same time. If your wife would use that position to make you feel less than a man, then your issue is much bigger than money.
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by Tosinville(m): 12:01pm On May 10, 2011
^^u tried & how many times do you hand over your checkz to your husband?
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by adamsrib(f): 12:30pm On May 10, 2011
I have never done that. My business isn't really making money yet. If he asked me to hand over my check I would do it. No wahala!
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 10, 2011
^^ exactly. It's all about synergy.

Personally, I'm good at making money, but not so much with managing it.
Especially with the way I've been eyeing that new Chevy Volt  grin

If God-fearing wifey has good financial management skills, I say why not let her manage it?
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by BloodShed1: 5:42pm On May 10, 2011
For what?

I keep my money to ME!!
Anyone who does something stupid like this deserves whatever happens to them.
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by livedit(f): 7:22pm On May 10, 2011
It depends on the circumstances. For instance, with our wedding, yes, he handed me all the money he had to handle as with certain things, he don't know about. I account for every penny I spend and so does he. It's a matter of what is at hand to determine who will handle the money at that time.
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by MrsChima(f): 10:34pm On May 10, 2011
livedit:

It depends on the circumstances. For instance, with our wedding, yes, he handed me all the money he had to handle as with certain things, he don't know about. I account for every penny I spend and so does he. It's a matter of what is at hand to determine who will handle the money at that time.

Each partner should account for every dime they spend and if you have a person who is careless with the money then the person who is more responsible with the money should be the one handling the money regardless of the sex.

It shouldn't be an issue. The money is staying in the house that if you both are on one accord with how the money is spend and how much should be spend minus the bills.

Different strokes for different folks. What works for one person may not work for the next person we have to take that in consideration as well when we are reading other people's comments.

But I agree with you on the accountability between spouses.
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 10, 2011
^^ Ones in a millenium the major clorian stars cosmically align themselves in a straight line.
When this happens, 2buff and Mrs Chima actually agree on something . . . but this would only last a few seconds as it's a weird feeling undecided
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by MrsChima(f): 10:41pm On May 10, 2011
Please do not agree with me it won't change anything.
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 10, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Please do not agree with me[b] it won't change anything[/b].

won't change what? undecided
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by MrsChima(f): 10:46pm On May 10, 2011
Anything.
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 10, 2011
That we're such awesome pals?  cheesy

***checks cosmos. Stars still aligned. Darnit! angry. . . won't be long now ****  grin
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 10, 2011
As long as you know your wife is the type that accounts for Money,i will tell her to assist in the Management but not handover,there's a tone difference one is acknowledging your partner's skill and lending her expertise the other is more of a compulsory handover which is not proper.my wife's salary is not my business. but then am not married so i guess my point is just based on logical reasoning grin
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by MrsChima(f): 10:59pm On May 10, 2011
2buff:

That we're such awesome pals?  cheesy

***checks cosmos. Stars still aligned. Darnit! angry. . . won't be long now ****  grin
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 10, 2011
pc guru:

As long as you know your wife is the type that accounts for Money,i will tell her to assist in the Management but not handover,there's a tone difference one is acknowledging your partner's skill and lending her expertise the other is more of a compulsory handover which is not proper.my wife's salary is not my business. but then am not married so i guess my point is just based on logical reasoning grin

Correct. I'd probably give her 70% of things to manage while I keep my 30% to buy my various big-boy toys. grin
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by ismaeel86(m): 11:13pm On May 10, 2011
aminalib has access to my debit card and knows d pin number, she knows when i get paid, and we plan our expenses and future budget together. now that is what i called mutual love, trust and understanding, the ingredient of any successful relationship. cheers.
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 10, 2011
Correct. I'd probably give her 70% of things to manage while I keep my 30% to buy my various big-boy toys.
Exactly because forget all the macho men ego and stuff the one thing u don't wanna do in this life is regret not preparing for the future its a depressing lane.
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by aminalib(f): 11:58pm On May 10, 2011
ismaeel86:

aminalib has access to my debit card and knows d pin number, she knows when i get paid, and we plan our expenses and future budget together. now that is what i called mutual love, trust and understanding, the ingredient of any successful relationship. cheers.

is that a ghost? undecided where have you been?
Re: Handing Over Your Pay by ismaeel86(m): 12:50am On May 11, 2011
aminalib:

is that a ghost? undecided where have you been?
im hiding myself for now, i will be back in 2 months time (Insha Allah), please take care of my 3 sons for me before i return, dsense, tosinville and 190. cheers.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Men And Women! / Tribute To Romance Section And Nairalanders / Animal Amore! on Valentine's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.