Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,206 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss (2238 Views)

Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption / Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments / APC Finished In South East Due To Boko Haram Activities’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by Justcash(m): 2:16am On May 10, 2011
The biggest mistake that Jonathan will ever do is to overlook the Igbos. He may be the president and is probably thinking that he has achieved what he wanted, but he must always take OBJ as a case study.

Up till today OBJ is paying for his many sins against Lagos state. Look at ACN. They have wrestled power from him. If GEJ is not careful, the same will happen to him. He should not forget that the South South is also made up of predominantly Igbos.

The fact that the Igbos were the single most important unit that propelled him to the position that he is in now should be a reason to give more favor to the group. Denying the Igbos the Senate presidency and H. R Speaker position is a very bad way to start.

He may be taking things for granted now, but he may pay in the nearest future for it.

APGA, my party, is gradually positioning itself to take over all the Igbo states. Jonathan should be careful not to let the event that happened in the west to repeat in the East. This time, his own candidates and relatives may be very much affected.

Our fathers said that a fly that refuses to listen will be buried with a corpse. I have spoken.
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by THEAMAKA(f): 2:26am On May 10, 2011
please go and siddon for one corner, abeg.
your SINGLE COMMENT will lead people to attack the entire Igbo nation. abeg, this man stands alone, if you want to insult, leave us out abeg.
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by Justcash(m): 2:32am On May 10, 2011
THE AMAKA:

please go and siddon for one corner, abeg.
your SINGLE COMMENT will lead people to attack the entire Igbo nation. abeg, this man stands alone, if you want to insult, leave us out abeg.

So, because you are scared that Igbos would be attacked, I shouldn't air my view. Who are you to speak as if you own the Igbos? I don't know my people to be cowards. However, It doesn't mean that there are no cowards among us like you. More pathetic is that you are from Imo state. SMH.
If you have nothing to contribute, sit d'Bleep out. No dey come yarn dust here. angry angry
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by Chyz2: 2:33am On May 10, 2011
True talk
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by EkoIle1: 2:35am On May 10, 2011
I no won laff, but it's very hard not to,

You can not do anything as long as money and tribal reasonings remains your primary concerns and preferred currency. You really need to stop comparing yourselves with Yoruba people because you lack our political skills, smarts, sophistication and temperament.

Can't believe you people are already begging for what you thought GEJ go deliver on a platter of gold with your 99% rigged votes.

Anyways, this is expected, we warned you people but ibo people like to learn the hard way, y'all are your own worst enemies.
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by Nobody: 2:35am On May 10, 2011
apart from being mocked i dont see what the igbo stand to achieve with even vice president position , states focused developments to me are more important and i think thats what everybody should focus on.
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by Nobody: 2:37am On May 10, 2011
Eko Ile:

You can not do anything as long as money and tribal reasonings remains your primary concerns and preferred currency. You really need to stop comparing yourselves with Yoruba people because you lack our political skills, smarts, sophistication and temperament.

Can't believe you people are already begging for what you thought GEJ go deliver on a platter of gold with your 99% rigged votes.

Anyways, this is expected, we warned you people but ibo people like to learn the hard way, y'all are your own worst enemies.

what exactly did you warn them about i thought the SW also voted for him or you just want to turn the thread into something else.
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by Justcash(m): 2:38am On May 10, 2011
Eko Ile:

Yorooba people were not compared with Igbos here. Don't turn this to a Yoruba/Igbo issue. Later, na you go come dey scream, "Why does Igbos like to attack Yoroobas". Giving examples is different from comparisons. Go and do some research to see the difference. SMH.
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by THEAMAKA(f): 2:41am On May 10, 2011
Justcash:

So, because you are scared that Igbos would be attacked, I shouldn't air my view. Who are you to speak as if you own the Igbos? I don't know my people to be cowards. However, It doesn't mean that there are no cowards among us like you. More pathetic is that you are from Imo state. SMH.
If you have nothing to contribute, sit d'Bleep out. No dey come yarn dust here. angry angry

lol, keep crying. don't worry, this thread will be used as the prodigal thread for the 25+ million Igbos, where others will come with their generalizations that we all think like you, WHEN WE CLEARLY DON'T.
yawn, keep talking, abeg.
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by Justcash(m): 2:44am On May 10, 2011
DRlulu:

apart from being mocked i dont see what the igbo stand to achieve with even vice president position , states focused developments to me are more important and i think thats what everybody should focus on.

Very Very On point. However, there is also need for political relevance. Though it does not aid development in the Nigerian context, it keeps a group relevant for present and future purpose. For example, we saw the political antagonism that greeted the plan to give an international status to the Enugu airport. The opposition against the plan stalled its implementation until GEJ got in and used it to win political support in the SE. If Yar'adua was still there, it would still be dragging on till today, because Igbos had no strong standing. We know that the party chairmanship post is more or less ceremonial in nature. Little stuffs like that matter.
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by Justcash(m): 2:45am On May 10, 2011
THE AMAKA:

lol, keep crying. don't worry, this thread will be used as the prodigal thread for the 25+ million Igbos, where others will come with their generalizations that we all think like you, WHEN WE CLEARLY DON'T.
yawn, keep talking, abeg.

Amaka Hapum aka. O'gini? I don't know the dream you had last night. Mind your business.
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by EkoIle1: 2:47am On May 10, 2011
DRlulu:

what exactly did you warn them about i thought the SW also voted for him or you just want to turn the thread into something else.

That you ibo folks shouldn't sell their souls to the most incompetent, crooked and corrupt political party in the world.

Btw, the SW did not vote for GEJ, ibo folks in the SW did. Do you need me to give you the numbers and break it down for you?
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by THEAMAKA(f): 2:47am On May 10, 2011
Justcash:

Amaka Hapu m aka. I don't know the dream you had last night. Mind your business.
i will not leave you alone. . . your thread makes it seem as if we are begging for recognition. you know 85% of the nairalanders don't know anything about Nigeria outside of Nairaland, so what point are you trying to make here? ABEG!!!

Eko Ile:

That you ibo folks shouldn't sell their souls to the most incompetent, crooked and corrupt political party in the world.

Btw, the SW did not vote for GEJ, ibo folks in the SW did. Do you need me to give you the numbers and break it down for you?
rigged or not, truth be told, who else did you expect THE SOUTHEAST to vote for in this election? seriously? did you expect them to vote for Buhari, Ribadu, or pro-Sharia Shekarau? hell no.
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by Justcash(m): 2:49am On May 10, 2011
Eko Ile:

The Yoroobas voted for GEJ. It is on record. GEJ won in almost all the SW states apart from one. Yes, Break it down.
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by Onlytruth(m): 2:53am On May 10, 2011
I remember I advised Amaka to stick to romance section. Frankly she over-reacts to everything here.
The insult on justcash is completely unwarranted and came out of no where.  undecided

We have opinions and must share them here without being unnecessarily attacked.

@topic

I think our (Igbo) problem is about to be finally resolved. This problem is OUR problem. Not other zones'.
If this plays out this way, we owe no one going forward.

I don't care whether PDP survives in SE or SS; that is not our concern. It may well survive in all parts of Nigeria; but it must be kicked out of ALL parts of Igboland if this happens.  cool

Our concern is to go get our fair dues in Nigeria, whether the powers that be like it or not.

Woe betide whoever stands in our way then.  cool
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by Onlytruth(m): 2:58am On May 10, 2011
To be taken seriously in Nigeria, we need to activate our youths, like it happened in Imo state.

Our survival in Nigeria will depend on our youths, not on any of the older folks.

Until we start showing some serious restlessness in Nigeria, no one would take us seriously.
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by Justcash(m): 2:59am On May 10, 2011
Onlytruth:

I remember I advised Amaka to stick to romance section. Frankly she over-reacts to everything here.
The insult on justcash is completely unwarranted and came out of no where.  undecided

We have opinions and must share them here without being unnecessarily attacked.

@topic

I think our (Igbo) problem is about to be finally resolved. This problem is OUR problem. Not other zones'.
If this plays out this way, we owe no one going forward.

I don't care whether PDP survives in SE or SS; that is not our concern. It may well survive in all parts of Nigeria; but it must be kicked out of ALL parts of Igboland if this happens.  cool

Our concern is to go get our fair dues in Nigeria, whether the powers that be like it or not.

Woe betide whoever stands in our way then.  cool

Nwanne m, Ike Gwuru o! Mmadu enweghi ike Ikwu okwu ozokwa maka ujo Amaka n'atu.
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by Nobody: 2:59am On May 10, 2011
Eko Ile:

so they sold their souls by going out to vote their choice of leaders or assuming it was rigged you now blame all igbos?

if it was the igbo folks  in SW west that voted for him that means they are the largest ethnic group in nigeria dont you think so?
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by PhysicsMHD(m): 2:59am On May 10, 2011
Justcash:

He should not forget that the South South is also made up of predominantly Igbos.

lol
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by EkoIle1: 3:00am On May 10, 2011
Justcash:

Yorooba people were not compared with Igbos here. Don't turn this to a Yoruba/Igbo issue. Later, na you go come dey scream, "Why does Igbos like to attack Yoroobas". Giving examples is different from comparisons. Go and do some research to see the difference. SMH.

No need to attache or even mention Yoruba people in your post, stand on your own 2 feet. You don lay yar bed, just relax and sleep on it jeje. You want GEJ because he's your ibo brother and he's going to toss you the presidency and you got him.

Y'all need to stop crying as usual, we don read the script way way before election and sabi how the story go end and it's proceeding as predicted. ibo people once again voted against their own interests. PDP is a party of several interest groups, not a party of people with core principles and political decency and GEJ is just a figure head with little or no power to do anything, talk less deliver anything. He himself is ruling at the mercy of other forces.

You really shouldn't be fighting and losing sleep to get anything from the PDP,

You people put your votes inside the wrong basket, PERIOD
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by Obiagu1(m): 3:05am On May 10, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

lol

It's a fact. If you fail to join Ibibio and Efik as a group, then the Igbo will become the single major group in the SS.
If Ibibio and Efik are combined, then the Igbo will come second by a narrow margin.
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by ektbear: 3:05am On May 10, 2011
It is all about leverage. Some gave away their leverage for free (or at least, w/o any way to ensure delivery of whatever was promised before the elections.)

Nobody should be surprised by the end result.
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by Justcash(m): 3:07am On May 10, 2011
Eko Ile:

[b]No need to attache or even mention Yoruba people in your post, stand on your own 2 feet. [/b]You don lay yar bed, just relax and sleep on it jeje. You want GEJ because he's your ibo brother and he's going to toss you the presidency and you got him.

Y'all need to stop crying as usual, we don read the script way way before election and sabi how the story go end and it's proceeding as predicted. ibo people once again voted against their own interests. PDP is a party of several interest groups, not a party of people with core principles and political decency and GEJ is just a figure head with little or no power to do anything, talk less deliver anything. He himself is ruling at the mercy of other forces.

You really shouldn't be fighting and losing sleep to get anything from the PDP,

You people put your votes inside the wrong basket, PERIOD

Are Yoroobas Chadians? Are they not Nigerians. I am Nigerian, so why shouldn't I mention them in my post. Moreover, what right do you have to tell me not to mention Yoroobas in my post when you can easily mention Igbo? You are saying Nonsense.
We voted for our own interest. We are not regretting it. We will continue to vote in our own interest. You are not in any position to know where our interest is, talkless of telling us how to go about it. if we are not satisfied with the people that we voted for,  We will vote them out and bring in new people in the next election. Imo state is a good example.
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by EkoIle1: 3:09am On May 10, 2011
DRlulu:

so they sold their souls by going out to vote their choice of leaders or assuming it was rigged you now blame all igbos?

if it was the igbo folks  in SW west that voted for him that means they are the largest ethnic group in nigeria dont you think so?

I'm not going to get into that semantics nonsense with you because we all know ibo people didn't vote for the PDP because they are the most competent and corrupt-less people in Nigeria. Fool yourself, but not me.

Now, let me help you with the numbers and ease your confusion,

Out of 15 million voters in the SW, only 2.7 million voted for GEJ.

Almost 13 million SW'ners did not go to the polls.

There are 6 million registered voters in Lagos state and only 2 million voted/Obviously ibo folks in Lagos. 4 million stayed home

only 700, 000 voted for GEJ in the rest of the Yoruba states combined.

So what majority are you talking about? Majority is 13 million that did not vote, not the 2.7 million ibo people in the SW.
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by Onlytruth(m): 3:11am On May 10, 2011
The way I see it, we had two levels of different choices going into this election.

1) Stay in the mainstream by voting for PDP in the national elections

or

2) Go the regional way by voting for APGA

In the mainstream, we had two choices:

a) Support our neighbor from a minority tribe

or

b) Go for VP position by teaming with a majority from the North.

Well, we chose to stay in the mainstream, and at the same time adopted our neighbor.
I was among those initially opposed to it, but, since I know that history is not ending in 2011 (at least I hope), we could try the option we did; and if it fails, we would at least know that it failed; meaning there will NEVER be such opinion by any Igbo in the future.

And that is why we are having this conversation now.

So, in essence, we lost nothing. Conversely, we gained something invaluable: EXPERIENCE.

Going forward, we will be more surefooted.  cool
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by Justcash(m): 3:12am On May 10, 2011
ekt_bear:

It is all about leverage. Some gave away their leverage for free (or at least, w/o any way to ensure delivery of whatever was promised before the elections.)

Nobody should be surprised by the end result.

Believe me, it will be a nasty decision for GEJ to neglect Igbos. I truly don't want him to favor Igbos in ministerial appointments because I believe that professionals should handle those positions irrespective of ethnic or religious affiliation. Those ones are too delicate to be politicized. Even the Secretary to the government shouldn't be politicized. I believe that the only way he can favor any group is to influence positions in the Houses of assembly.
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by Justcash(m): 3:15am On May 10, 2011
Onlytruth:

The way I see it, we had two levels of different choices going into this election.

1) Stay in the mainstream by voting for PDP in the national elections

or

2) Go the regional way by voting for APGA

In the mainstream, we had two choices:

a) Support our neighbor from a minority tribe

or

b) Go for VP position by teaming with a majority from the North.

Well, we chose to stay in the mainstream, and at the same time adopted our neighbor.
I was among those initially opposed to it, but, since I know that history is not ending in 2011 (at least I hope), we could try the option we did; and if it fails, we would at least know that it failed; meaning there will NEVER be such opinion by any Igbo in the future.

And that is why we are having this conversation now.

So, in essence, we lost nothing. Conversely, we gained something invaluable: EXPERIENCE.

Going forward, we will be more surefooted.  cool
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by PhysicsMHD(m): 3:15am On May 10, 2011
Obiagu1:

It's a fact. If you fail to join Ibibio and Efik as a group, then the Igbo will become the single major group in the SS.
If Ibibio and Efik are combined, then the Igbo will come second by a narrow margin.

You didn't comprehend what he wrote, because that isn't what he said.

He said "He should not forget that the South South is also made up of predominantly Igbos."

Which is another thing entirely.

And for the record, there isn't any reason that Ibibio and Efik should not be combined into a single group (as they were considered to be in the past) but Ikwerre and Ika, (as an example) should be. This is just about grouping convention,  which is arbitrary and decided by those doing the grouping.

The fact remains however, that his initial statement was bogus.
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by ektbear: 3:15am On May 10, 2011
Justcash:

Believe me, it will be a nasty decision for GEJ to neglect Igbos. I truly don't want him to favor Igbos in ministerial appointments because I believe that professionals should handle those positions irrespective of ethnic or religious affiliation. Those ones are too delicate to be politicized. Even the Secretary to the government shouldn't be politicized. I believe that the only way he can favor any group is to influence position in the House of assemblies.

It isn't as if he wants to neglect Igbos, imo. But the problem is, there are so many other mouths to feed in the PDP. How do you force him to focus on your zone over the other zones and forces in the PDP?

You see the issue, I hope? NE is playing this aggrieved card, NC plays continuity card, OBJ has played this continuity, "give PDP SW something" card. NW has their own wahala, then he likely cut some side deals with the ACN too.

There are just too many factions in the PDP, many with a much stronger voice than ya'll.
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by Nobody: 3:17am On May 10, 2011
Yea, the SS will disown their own child,  Jonathan,  because of the Igbos. These SE and their SS/SE parade.

GEJ has a Fresh air/Unity agenda, why do you foolish people simply because SS is in Aso rock, the national cake will easily come to you?

When we told you guys that imbe-ciles like OBJ/Minions are in a paddy-paddy relationship with GEJ, una no dey listen. Shebi you're still thinking GEJ will punish SW?

Foolishness, keep on with this and the whole Nigeria will realize how disunited Ndigbo will be if they get into Aso rock. So after that, who exactly will vote an Igbo man in? SW? SS? N? MB? I doubt magic numbers will help in this case.

Continue agitating for national cake with "We are in Aso rock, we must get cake" mentality, it'll take you nowhere.

Plz abeg abeg abeg, whatever OBJ/his minions and PDP do in Aso rock, just act like una mama born una right (even if there's another case), dont look at the SW.

GEJ is in, he;s in. GEJ is trying to satisfy everyone, to unite Nigeria. He's not going to dash out a position to incompetent fo-ols just because he came from so-so.

We're all here to chop national cake, gba be!!
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by EkoIle1: 3:19am On May 10, 2011
Justcash:

Are Yoroobas Chadians? Are they not Nigerians. I am Nigerian, so why shouldn't I mention them in my post. Moreover, what right do you have to tell me not to mention Yoroobas in my post when you can easily mention Igbo? You are saying Nonsense.
We voted for our own interest. We are not regretting it. We will continue to vote in our own interest. You are not in any position to know where our interest is, talkless of telling us how to go about it. if we are not satisfied with the people that we voted for,  We will vote them out and bring in new people in the next election. Imo state is a good example.

The fact that we are all Nigerians doesn't mean we share the same political strength, foresight, sophistication and sense of justice and the last election agreed with.

We sat here and read many mean spirited stories about the ACN and how they are a tribal party led by Tinubu the crook and drug dealer and how GEJ is the new ibo and the greatest human on earth. Well, the tribal party led by Tinubu the crook is almost siting in the driver's chair, GEJ is offering to the ACN what he's denying you and what you are crying for with all the fake and genuine votes you sacrificed for him and his crooked party.

Like I say always, ibo people are very self destructive, you don't look before you jump,
Re: If Jonathan Overlooks The Igbos, He And Pdp Are Finished In The Se And Ss by ektbear: 3:21am On May 10, 2011
You essentially made the same mistake the SW did in 2003.

You can support GEJ for president and get concessions w/o being in the PDP.

Look how Mimiko did it, for example. Did he jump in with ACN or PDP? No. He is forging his own path. Retaining this LP party locally in Ondo State, but allying with GEJ to gain concessions for his party and state.

He maintains his distance from both the ACN and PDP, but works with both as needed.

Is the only way to support GEJ to be in the PDP and have to contend with all the forces there?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ibru’s Daughter Jailed For Stalking Rio Ferdinand / picture of cbn govt, Malam Sausi Lamido choping life / The New Emir Of Kano Sanusi Lamido Sanusi Had Broken A Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.