Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Putting Pressure On Akeredolu To Contest For Next President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Putting Pressure On Akeredolu To Contest For Next President (439 Views)

There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia / Buhari Confers National Honour On Akeredolu / Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Putting Pressure On Akeredolu To Contest For Next President by Alba3: 6:59am On Jul 06, 2021
Making Arakunrin the next president of Nigeria may return this nation to pre-1966 constitution and progress. I have been studying him, among many politicians, for the past five years; he has no ambition to rule Nigeria, although highly qualified and unbiased.

He was a former NBA president; he never shy away from speaking the truth and support his beliefs whenever the need arises. He loves to do the wishes of those that elected him even when such is in conflict with his party men. He's married to a woman from Imo and his mother from riverine part of Ondo. He understands the mutual feelings and experiences of the people of the South. He also has heart for the masses in the North, as an activist, as opposed to the ruling feudalists. He may oppose nepotism, open grazing, herdsmen's atrocities, etc. but he's not a supporter of secession either.

He has been very vocal to the extent of being in the middle of a three-part-way alone. 'Buhari boys, Tinubu boys and pdp boys' don't really like him; he's on his own. He is trustworthy, compassionate and a thorough people's representative with rare leadership qualities.

I doubt if he ever thought of being the president but this is my own opinion of him. I'll only support a reforming president that will return this nation to 1963 republican constitution or help this country to go into confederations, if not a separation.

I want to put pressure on Mr. Rótìmí Akeredolu to consider contesting. I will appreciate others to present their own best candidates with reasons. Let start the constructive debate here before money bags and oligarchic candidates cajoles us to another centralised sufferings.

1 Like

Re: Putting Pressure On Akeredolu To Contest For Next President by nams77: 8:11am On Jul 06, 2021
Well, I like him for being very vocal and seemingly upright in taking his stand for the people.
My only concern is, is he good in project/infrastructural development? I'm asking because I'm not from that region and don't really know much of him on this angles I raised. Folks from that end can educate me.

We need a paradigm shift from these demons and soulless wizards in power now

If i am giving the exclusive right to pick our next president, I have only 3 names: Peter obi, Osibanjo and Gov. Zullum.
Re: Putting Pressure On Akeredolu To Contest For Next President by Penguin2: 8:59am On Jul 06, 2021
nams77:
Well, I like him for being very vocal and seemingly upright in taking his stand for the people.
My only concern is, is he good in project/infrastructural development? I'm asking because I'm not from that region and don't really know much of him on this angles I raised. Folks from that end can educate me.

We need a paradigm shift from these demons and soulless wizards in power now

If i am giving the exclusive right to pick our next president, I have only 3 names: Peter obi, Osibanjo and Gov. Zullum.

You have raised good concerns. And if I must say, I will say Akeredolu’s record on infrastructure is quite poor.

But I admire his courage so far. From Amotekun to Open grazing, the man has stood his ground like someone who has nothing to lose even though his case in court. And he knows that the north will not vote for anyone who seems “Southerncentric” like himself and Abaribe but he doesn’t seem to give a fork.

If APC cedes its ticket to Southwest, then Akeredolu might be their best bet. Especially as we are campaigning for someone who will not be licking the ass of Sokoto Caliphate.

Then if PDP cedes it’s ticket to Southeast, people like Peter Obi and Abaribe should be first choice and not idiots who will still go and pay homage to Sokoto.

1 Like

Re: Putting Pressure On Akeredolu To Contest For Next President by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 06, 2021
How did we miss this

Akeredolu would be like an obj very radical if he gets power

Only obj kind of character can put these people in their place

We don't need appeasing of these bone head Northerners after buhari leaves

We need action, tinubu would literally be their slave begging for unity when they pull his strings

Osinbajo is too weak, they don't have regard for him

Peter obi is too gentle to play such politics

Umuahi, Fayemi, kalu, fashola are all slaves

The southern governors should all come together and make akeredolu their man

1 Like

Re: Putting Pressure On Akeredolu To Contest For Next President by nams77: 8:12am On Jul 08, 2021
Penguin2:

You have raised good concerns. And if I must say, I will say Akeredolu’s record on infrastructure is quite poor.

But I admire his courage so far. From Amotekun to Open grazing, the man has stood his ground like someone who has nothing to lose even though his case in court. And he knows that the north will not vote for anyone who seems “Southerncentric” like himself and Abaribe but he doesn’t seem to give a fork.

If APC cedes its ticket to Southwest, then Akeredolu might be their best bet. Especially as we are campaigning for someone who will not be licking the ass of Sokoto Caliphate.

Then if PDP cedes it’s ticket to Southeast, people like Peter Obi and Abaribe should be first choice and not idiots who will still go and pay homage to Sokoto.

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Putting Pressure On Akeredolu To Contest For Next President by Ddokie: 9:00am On Jul 08, 2021
Aketi has my support. But the north won’t vote him.

Umahi won’t be bad in terms of infrastructure, but won’t do shit to change the structure of the country.

At this point, changing the structure of Nigeria is much more important than any level of infrastructure.

(1) (Reply)

Sunday Igboho And The Oduduwa Agitation / I Am Not A Friend To Any Minister, But I Love Them All - Bishop Oyedepo / Stop Shedding Crocodile Tears For Democracy, Kwara Must Change Tells Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.