Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,031 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Iyabo Ojo, Tonto Dikeh Slam Yomi Fabiyi Over ‘Oko Iyabo’ - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Iyabo Ojo, Tonto Dikeh Slam Yomi Fabiyi Over ‘Oko Iyabo’ (38596 Views)

TAMPAN Suspends Yomi Fabiyi Indefinitely Over Oko Iyabo Movie / Oko Iyabo: TAMPAN Summons Yomi Fabiyi Over His Controversial Movie (Photo) / Yomi Fabiyi In Sex For Role Scandal As Eniola Omoshalewa Eunice Accuses Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iyabo Ojo, Tonto Dikeh Slam Yomi Fabiyi Over ‘Oko Iyabo’ by Odewaleadesoye(m): 12:18pm On Jul 06, 2021
Nollywood actresses, Iyabo Ojo and Tonto Dikeh, have slammed Yomi Fabiyi on his new movie, ‘Oko Iyabo’.

The movie depicted a real-life case involving a fellow actor, Olanrewaju Omiyinka, fondly known as Baba Ijesha, who was accused of sexually assaulting a minor.

The minor in the case is the foster daughter of comedienne, Princess, and actresses like Iyabo Ojo and Nkechi Blessing had spoken in support of the minor.

However, Yomi Fabiyi took sides with Baba Ijesha during the case and released the movie a few days after Baba Ijesha was released on bail.

Nigerians on social media had slammed Fabiyi for creating such a movie and for using the names ‘Princess’ and ‘Iyabo’ to depict the real-life situation.

Reacting to the movie, Iyabo Ojo, wrote, “The events of the past few weeks involving one of our colleagues before the court has drawn lots of reactions from different quarters

“However, it is necessary we exercise patience, so we don’t fall into the danger of intruding into the sacred issues already instituted.

“Yet, civility demands all parties, both those directly involved and other interested parties hesitate from being too emotional or biased about the plague of child molestation ravaging our society.

“Therefore, as a victim of sexual violence and stakeholder in film industry, we are oblige to jealously guard our actions and activities not to jeopardise the very cherished societal values we hold dear to our hearts.

“It is no longer news that Yomi Fabiyi just released a movie, titled, ‘Oko Iyabo’ that portrayed a young girl with the mischievous career goal to be a prostitute.

“I’m honestly waiting for our elders in the industry to grant another press conference and address the sad issue of a movie that promotes abuse and ridicules a girl child, being a gross violation of the fundamental human right to dignity and more so, against the child rights law of Lagos State.

“This is even against the court ruling that individuals should refrain from commenting or doing anything that would undermine the powers of the court or unduly influence the proceedings in court.

“It is tragic to see a movie teaching our children that it is right to have a relationship with an adult.

“The President of TAMPAN (Theatre Arts and Movie Practitioners Association) @mrlatin1510 our elders @princejidekosoko @adebayo.salam should swing into action and caution the producer and all persons involved in this film.

“Ironically, Yomi call himself a friend and junior colleague to Baba Ijesha yet at every slightest opportunity, you are using his situation to your advantage, to project your fame.

“You call yourself a human right activist but yet you have subjected a minor and girl to more ridicule and abuse.

“Take note, an army of biased adults and myopic persons can never silence my voice.

“The narration of the dastardly act cannot be misinterpreted. No adult should be allowed to intimidate or deprive that 14years old girl from getting justice.

“The wheel of justice grind slowly but justice shall be served.”

In the same vein, Dikeh has criticised Fabiyi as she wrote, “Yomi, I have intentionally stayed off your opinion in recent matters.

“But what you have just done by capitalizing on the pain and agony of a molested child and the slap in the mother’s face, I am ashamed I know you.

“It’s a slap on all rape victims(dead or alive). Yomi, I expected better of you. My prayers for you is that you find men and women who will fight for your children if they see injustice but God forbid they ever see it.

“I can’t tell a grown man what to do but I sincerely hope there is a part of the law that can handle this ‘bully’.

“I wouldn’t disrespect you nor will I hate you. I don’t feed you, so I add no value but I will look you in the eyes and tell you the damn truth. You’re wrong.

“What you have done is disgusting and it’s called bullying.

“You have displayed bitterness and anger. This has nothing to do with your support for an accused rapist. This is your heart coming out to dance.”

https://punchng.com/iyabo-ojo-tonto-dikeh-slam-yomi-fabiyi-over-oko-iyabo/

5 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo, Tonto Dikeh Slam Yomi Fabiyi Over ‘Oko Iyabo’ by Odewaleadesoye(m): 12:19pm On Jul 06, 2021

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Iyabo Ojo, Tonto Dikeh Slam Yomi Fabiyi Over ‘Oko Iyabo’ by vegfoc: 12:25pm On Jul 06, 2021
Yeyebritics

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo, Tonto Dikeh Slam Yomi Fabiyi Over ‘Oko Iyabo’ by arkonpoint: 12:35pm On Jul 06, 2021
For a case this sensitive, it's unwise of Mr Tomi to go ahead and release this movie. TAMPAN needs to put measures in place to punish their members for erring in this manner.

I have a girl child and I know I won't be happy with this.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Iyabo Ojo, Tonto Dikeh Slam Yomi Fabiyi Over ‘Oko Iyabo’ by lanrefront1(m): 12:42pm On Jul 06, 2021
The movie is such an idiotic idea

Is Yomi Fabiyi thinking at all

This is a case which the trial has not even started

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iyabo Ojo, Tonto Dikeh Slam Yomi Fabiyi Over ‘Oko Iyabo’ by crazymommy(f): 12:47pm On Jul 06, 2021
Lol..he is indirectly causing more problems for baba ijesha without knowing...

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Ojo, Tonto Dikeh Slam Yomi Fabiyi Over ‘Oko Iyabo’ by Kriely(m): 1:46pm On Jul 06, 2021
Typical Afonja behavior

11 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo, Tonto Dikeh Slam Yomi Fabiyi Over ‘Oko Iyabo’ by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:21pm On Jul 06, 2021
Chief SEGLIZ don finish d matter below.
Nothing to be added!

SEGLIZ:

this guy has always remain a fool and not an activist like he claimed.

as an activist he is meant to know better, a case already in the court of law being presided over by a justice is not allowed public scrutiny.

if the other party should return to court this as evidence he would be charged for defamation and contempt against the court.

from the onset he blew it all beyond proportion, now he is at it again. I strongly believe he is working hard to cover up something he knows but we the public don't.

I'm having reason to believe the whole thing (allegation) against ijesa is true.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Iyabo Ojo, Tonto Dikeh Slam Yomi Fabiyi Over ‘Oko Iyabo’ by bigdammyj: 3:22pm On Jul 06, 2021
Noted
Re: Iyabo Ojo, Tonto Dikeh Slam Yomi Fabiyi Over ‘Oko Iyabo’ by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 06, 2021
I know it's not right for yomi to release such a film but still.. who put Tonto dikeh mouth for the matter, she just wan dey relevant after all the criticism abegi

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Iyabo Ojo, Tonto Dikeh Slam Yomi Fabiyi Over ‘Oko Iyabo’ by moscobabs(m): 3:22pm On Jul 06, 2021
As if the guy care

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo, Tonto Dikeh Slam Yomi Fabiyi Over ‘Oko Iyabo’ by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 06, 2021
Good morning guys.

you might be seeing this on different post today and no I'm not begging for money but would be glad if you read it to the end and pray Uncle seun osewa doesn't take it down.

I made a thread that got to the front page, the thread was about my weakness and addiction to sport bet and my eventual conquest of the demonic killer of destiny, thanks to everyone that adviced me, that encouraged me, God bless you.

And I take full responsibility of my stupidity and recklessness and I learnt about life in a hard way.

Now this isn't to beg for money, No I don't do that. Yes I Lost my job and my friends but I gained a valuable life lessons.

Now this is the reason I'm doing these

I am 25 now and I know I can still do something great with my life. My life can't end as a common Mason ( with absolute respect to my fellow Mason's who work hard) I want to do great with my life just as I always envisioned and believe I can, I have never been to a higher institution but I wanna still go to school And read political science and just like Francis Underwood rise up and who knows be like he was.

But the problem is I have a baby and all I earn ( 1200 or 1500 at most and it's not all the time) from been a Mason goes to him. if you have a job you think I can do, (I swear I have been cold turkey for 4 months now and I don't see my self betting again) I just wanna work for a couple of months and get a driver's license and get a car on hire purchase to do Uber and go back to school and concurrently take care of my lil baby and ensure we both have a good life.

Because of my foolishness and year's of stupidity one of our lives would get affected and slowed for the other and right now it's mine as I ensure Even though he is 2 he is getting the best education in the best school in our area but I also want to make something of my life as well so I have come to strangers to asked for a job so I can raise some Cash and to get a driver's license and hopefully get a car on hire purchase to do Uber

You can be sure I'm very sincere, hardworking, I don't lie, I had a weakness which I take full responsibility of but a weakness I have overcome today thanks to the almighty

Thanks for reading and enjoy your day

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo, Tonto Dikeh Slam Yomi Fabiyi Over ‘Oko Iyabo’ by Draslo(m): 3:22pm On Jul 06, 2021
angry

Very useless guy, I'm sorry to say. Oyinbo wey dem dey copy dey wait many years before depicting a true life event into a film. Just imagine writing a script, shooting, and releasing a movie about an ongoing story that is still in court. Is that not madness? Imagine someone releasing a movie about OJ Simpson when the case was still in court. Wetin wan dey the film?

16 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo, Tonto Dikeh Slam Yomi Fabiyi Over ‘Oko Iyabo’ by Revere27: 3:22pm On Jul 06, 2021
Yomi you too no do well for this kind matter na... Oya take wink

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo, Tonto Dikeh Slam Yomi Fabiyi Over ‘Oko Iyabo’ by inumidun2010(m): 3:23pm On Jul 06, 2021
Re: Iyabo Ojo, Tonto Dikeh Slam Yomi Fabiyi Over ‘Oko Iyabo’ by TarOrfeeek: 3:23pm On Jul 06, 2021
grin grin

Oduduwa Republic people have started.
Re: Iyabo Ojo, Tonto Dikeh Slam Yomi Fabiyi Over ‘Oko Iyabo’ by chineyerekoson: 3:23pm On Jul 06, 2021
whala
Re: Iyabo Ojo, Tonto Dikeh Slam Yomi Fabiyi Over ‘Oko Iyabo’ by lagusboyyy(m): 3:23pm On Jul 06, 2021
All these people should let us be jare,we have more important issues to deal with in the country.

Isn't it so obvious that all they are doing is for clout chasing,and reviving their careers.

Yomi fabiyi,iyabo ojo and tonto dikeh are all the same.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Ojo, Tonto Dikeh Slam Yomi Fabiyi Over ‘Oko Iyabo’ by PhoenixMedia: 3:24pm On Jul 06, 2021
Check my bio for your graphic design needs.
Re: Iyabo Ojo, Tonto Dikeh Slam Yomi Fabiyi Over ‘Oko Iyabo’ by Enudapan: 3:24pm On Jul 06, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

The moment I saw Tonto dikeh and iyabo ojo
I just knew, it was another clunt chasing stuff

The two names above
Like seeking unnecessary public/media attention

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo, Tonto Dikeh Slam Yomi Fabiyi Over ‘Oko Iyabo’ by fistonati(m): 3:24pm On Jul 06, 2021
There problems
Re: Iyabo Ojo, Tonto Dikeh Slam Yomi Fabiyi Over ‘Oko Iyabo’ by MA23: 3:25pm On Jul 06, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:
Maybe Baba Ijesha and Yomi Fabiyi planned the incident together so that they can be known again.

Sincerely speaking, Baba Ijesha's movies have been showing enormously on all TV STATIONS.

Nothing wey Musa no go see for gate grin grin
You get time they watch TV?

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo, Tonto Dikeh Slam Yomi Fabiyi Over ‘Oko Iyabo’ by 900warriorz: 3:25pm On Jul 06, 2021
E pain them cheesy
Re: Iyabo Ojo, Tonto Dikeh Slam Yomi Fabiyi Over ‘Oko Iyabo’ by Mitsurugi(m): 3:25pm On Jul 06, 2021
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh And Son In Matching Outfit For Sunday Service (Photos) / How Are The P-Square Brothers Faring Musically, 3 Years After Their Breakup? / Pictures Of Don Jazzy And D'banj At FOZ Concert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.