Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,220 members, 7,836,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia (983 Views)

Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) / Airport Workers Push Passenger Plane In Nigeria (Video, Photos) / Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia by milann: 3:22pm On Jul 06, 2021
A plane carrying 28 people has gone missing in Russia.

The Russian AN-26 aeroplane was flying from Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky to Palana in the Kamchatka Peninsula, in Russia’s far east, when it did not make a scheduled call-in, local media reported.

Among those on board are six crew members and 22 passengers, including a child under 12.

The plane missed a scheduled communication and disappeared from the radars, local emergency officials said.

The plane was coming in for a landing when contact was six miles away from Palana’s airport, Al Jazeera cited a source as saying.

A spokeswoman for the local transport prosecutor’s office in Russia said “search and rescue efforts are underway”.

“All that is known at this time, what has been possible to establish, is that communication with the plane was interrupted and it did not land,” she told
AFP.

It is not yet clear how the plane crashed, as visibility was good at the time with only “low clouds” and “light winds”.

There were conflicting reports of what may have happened, with RIA reporting the plane crashed into the sea off the Kamchatka peninsula as it was
preparing to land while Interfax reported the plane may have gone down near a coal mine close to the town of Palana.

The plane also had a certificate of airworthiness and had passed pre-flight checks, officials said.

Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin ordered a special commission to find out what had happened to the plane.

“A criminal case was also launched into its fate, a normal measure when a plane goes missing or crashes in Russia,” the Sun newspaper reported.

The plane belonged to a company called Kamchatka Aviation Enterprise and has been in operation since 1982.

The company’s director, Alexei Khabarov, told the Interfax news agency that the plane was “technically sound.”

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/471896-passenger-plane-goes-missing-in-russia.html
Re: UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia by FarahAideed: 3:23pm On Jul 06, 2021
Just this morning I was just thinking of how the Sukhoi 100 Superjet flunked over safety issues and wondering why Russia can get fighter jets very right but can't seem to get any successful commercial jet and then I see this ..I hope they are found safe but being a Russian plane I know every soul onboard will be lost especially as its an Antonov

3 Likes

Re: UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia by mekuso89(m): 3:26pm On Jul 06, 2021
Na Buhari thief am

3 Likes

Re: UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia by FarahAideed: 3:27pm On Jul 06, 2021
mekuso89:
Na Buhari thief am

I won't be surprised

2 Likes

Re: UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia by Tinubuadvocate: 3:31pm On Jul 06, 2021
Oh well only God knows the answer.

1 Like

Re: UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia by Monogamy: 3:32pm On Jul 06, 2021
Aviation report like this no dey good at the end of the day

1 Like

Re: UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 06, 2021
Russia and plane crash na 1 and 2 . Only millitary jets and presidential fleet jets are properly maintained and inspected. Any commercial plane na potential flying coffin

1 Like

Re: UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia by Sunnybay7: 3:52pm On Jul 06, 2021
This one serious
Re: UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 06, 2021
Country surrounded wit Arabian terrorists countries, wat ar u expecting,
Iran or iraq might hav mistakenly fire it down wit der rockets,,,,,,

1 Like

Re: UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia by Mayng01(m): 4:58pm On Jul 06, 2021
Kremlin comes to mind. Must have shot it down

1 Like

Re: UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia by Shetemi12(m): 5:04pm On Jul 06, 2021
I don't understand how planes do get missing... There's always misery behind every innovation

1 Like

Re: UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia by leofab(f): 5:15pm On Jul 06, 2021
Hope it’s not a termination attempt
Re: UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia by milann: 6:43pm On Jul 06, 2021
Lalasticlala
Re: UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 06, 2021
The Russian AN-26 aeroplane was flying from Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky to Palana in the Kamchatka Peninsula, in Russia’s far east, when it did not make a scheduled call-in, local media reported.

Correct...

Pacific Russia.
Re: UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 06, 2021
mekuso89:
Na Buhari thief am
It's possible lol, Buhari and his cabals are capable of doing anything, I pray the passengers and the flight crew are found alive, Amen.

2 Likes

Re: UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 06, 2021
Vickyvice:
Russia and plane crash na 1 and 2 . Only millitary jets and presidential fleet jets are properly maintained and inspected. Any commercial plane na potential flying coffin
Really
First time hearing this.
Thank God I have no plans of traveling to Russia, imagine going from fry pan to fire (UAR to Russia)
May God keep them alive, hope they find them soon.

1 Like

Re: UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 06, 2021
Lewisjohnson:
Country surrounded wit Arabian terrorists countries, wat ar u expecting,
Iran or iraq might hav mistakenly fire it down wit der rockets,,,,,,
"Arabian Terrorists Countries"
LMAO.
Re: UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia by 1MILLIONLiGHTS(m): 9:33pm On Jul 06, 2021
It can happen in any country..... What of the one of BOEING just before corona lockdown?
Re: UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia by seunny4lif(m): 9:58pm On Jul 06, 2021
Vickyvice:
Stop saying rubbish
Do proper research before talking

1 Like

Re: UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia by seunny4lif(m): 10:04pm On Jul 06, 2021
Pa3cia:

Really
First time hearing this.
Thank God I have no plans of traveling to Russia, imagine going from fry pan to fire (UAR to Russia)
May God keep them alive, hope they find them soon.
Google dey there to use

1 Like

Re: UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2021
seunny4lif:

Stop saying rubbish
Do proper research before talking
stop posting what you don't understand. You will expose ur ignorance. Where is Russia on that list? Is it not number 2? After USA?

1 Like

Re: UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia by seunny4lif(m): 10:23pm On Jul 06, 2021
That’s not what you wrote early
Your ignorant is bad and I posted to show you that the USA has more worst records than Russia and far many people have be killed than Russia.
Vickyvice:
stop posting what you don't understand. You will expose ur ignorance. Where is Russia on that list? Is it not number 2? After USA?

1 Like

Re: UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 06, 2021
seunny4lif:
That’s not what you wrote early
Your ignorant is bad and I posted to show you that the USA has more worst records than Russia and far many people have be killed than Russia.
what I posted was about the frequency of air accidents in Russia, and nothing else. From your data, Russia is second only to US in terms of accidents.

1 Like

Re: UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia by seunny4lif(m): 10:35pm On Jul 06, 2021
Vickyvice:
what I posted was about the frequency of air accidents in Russia, and nothing else. From your data, Russia is second only to US in terms of accidents.
Your posted sounded like Russia has worst case than the USA.
That was the reason I posted that picture
Re: UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 12, 2021
seunny4lif:

Google dey there to use
Who dey follow you drag?
I only said, it was my first time hearing such, ewo wa ni Google dey dere to use. Okay thanks for telling me abt Google, it's actually my first time hearing Google sad sad
Re: UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia by seunny4lif(m): 8:57pm On Jul 12, 2021
angry
Since all this years, na now you remember to reply cheesy grin
Pa3cia:

Who dey follow you drag?
I only said, it was my first time hearing such, ewo wa ni Google dey dere to use. Okay thanks for telling me abt Google, it's actually my first time hearing Google sad sad
Re: UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia by Nobody: 12:06am On Jul 13, 2021
seunny4lif:
angry
Since all this years, na now you remember to reply cheesy grin
Na when I see am, I reply, hardly check my mentions undecided undecided
Re: UPDATED: Passenger Plane Goes Missing In Russia by seunny4lif(m): 12:25am On Jul 13, 2021
cheesy
Pa3cia:

Na when I see am, I reply, hardly check my mentions undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

Russia Planes Take Long Route To Avoid EU Airspace / Masters Or Pre-masters? / Travel Groups/ Agency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.