Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,106 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) (7932 Views)

SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) / SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead / I Never Knew That Lion's Also Eat Grass Till I Saw It With My Eyes. See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Iceyjayzz(m): 7:42am On Jul 07, 2021
nijaomegacode:

Look at this one.
Nigerians have better ideas if you don't know. Do you that a school gave 10k to her best graduating student?
But Nigerians prefer to celebrate yansh. Nobody gives a fvck about ideas, thanks to the cow who is more interested in cattle than human.
In Japan, the gov't made it a law that you can walk into any tech company and submit your idea which the company must test.
Unfortunately that's really so bad, NIGERIA don't honour people with ideas, they only honour frivolities like BBN and other trashy shows which is really bad

1 Like

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 07, 2021
ClassicMan202:

Relevant no doubts but I still have some reservations:

The main purpose of plates is to prevent food from touching dirty surfaces right? So if the edible "plate" finish touching all these surfaces are we supposed to still eat it?

Like you ordered for food and the waiter carries the food in the plate, with his hands touching it and drops it on the table, then after you'll still eat the dirty plate.

So what if there's like a detachable handle ehn?

1 Like

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by zomoears(m): 7:43am On Jul 07, 2021
ClassicMan202:

Relevant no doubts but I still have some reservations:

The main purpose of plates is to prevent food from touching dirty surfaces right? So if the edible "plate" finish touching all these surfaces are we supposed to still eat it?

Like you ordered for food and the waiter carries the food in the plate, with his hands touching it and drops it on the table, then after you'll still eat the dirty plate.

I think the key point is that it is bio-degradable, and will lead to less environmental pollution. The edible part, for me, is not the real deal here.

Truly, eating a plate would be weird.

1 Like

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Iceyjayzz(m): 7:44am On Jul 07, 2021
TMKsouth:
A company incubated at 'The Innovation Hub' in South Africa has designed and now produces edible bowls to replace single-use plastic bowls for the food and catering industry.

The country is addressing the challenge of plastic pollution and its impacts on human health and the environment. A study conducted by the Department of Environmental Affairs in 2017 on Plastics Materials Flow confirms that packaging constitutes the largest component of single-use plastic waste generated in South Africa.

The bowls are made with organic ingredients, including unbleached and stone-ground wheat flour, bran, canola oil and rooibos tea extract.

“We pride ourselves on the fact that we do not use colourants and chemical preservatives. The rooibos extract acts as a natural preservative,” says Neeraj Mannie, the founding partner of Munch Innovations.

Not only does our product prevent pollution, but it adds nutrient value to your meal,” he adds.

The company’s bowls are being manufactured in Cape Town and are currently being exported to clients in Ghana, Dubai and Belgium.
Calling this nonsense innovation, makes me laugh out so loud, I wonder who will buy those trash? lol I trust Nigerians, they will never buy that trash. lol cheesycheesy
Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Iceyjayzz(m): 7:46am On Jul 07, 2021
zomoears:

I think the key point is that it is bio-degradable, and will lead to less environmental pollution. The edible part, for me, is not the real deal here.

Truly, eating a plate would be weird.
Imagine eating a plate? when you are not an animal cheesy
Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Spending123: 7:50am On Jul 07, 2021
mayorkun101:

People with your brain size should be shot on sight grin... This innovation is 100% relevant and useful , argue with yourself grin grin cheesy

My brother them never tell you say you are a mum* man. This is what they call in eat chop plate. Oya take it.

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by SEGLIZ: 7:51am On Jul 07, 2021
Lorayne:

Seriously, bro. What is your problem?.. you re always posting trash on this guy's threads

you expect our country to advance with people like this.

if we at the least see off corrupt politicians and bad leadership, we need to erode minded set like his for they are the true meaning of systemic failure.

1 Like

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Iceyjayzz(m): 8:21am On Jul 07, 2021
SEGLIZ:

[s]you expect our country to advance with people like this.

if we at the least see off corrupt politicians and bad leadership, we need to erode minded set like his for they are the true meaning of systemic.[/s]
Trash from TMK ass licker cheesy
Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by DukeofNL: 8:57am On Jul 07, 2021
and the so-called giant of Africa is busy cow grazing routes cheesy
Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by TMKsouth: 9:04am On Jul 07, 2021
Iceyjayzz:
Trash from TMK ass licker cheesy

You're trolling with this account now, Iceyjayz got banned or what? Whoever reported u deserves a Nobel Peace Prize, really cool
Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Iceyjayzz(m): 9:19am On Jul 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

[s]You're trolling with this account now, Iceyjayz got banned or what? Whoever reported u deserves a Nobel Peace Prize, really cool[/s]
I'm not trolling but puting you in your place, where you really belong. you know that? cheesy
I purposely logged into this account to accomplish my aim, to make you cry cheesy
Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by 24SEVEN: 9:27am On Jul 07, 2021
mayorkun101:

People with your brain size should be shot on sight grin... This innovation is 100% relevant and useful , argue with yourself grin grin cheesy

So after eating food, u will still eat plate. Lol. A classic case of eating both Thank you and very much. grin

2 Likes

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by heniford2: 9:52am On Jul 07, 2021
TMKsouth:
A company incubated at 'The Innovation Hub' in South Africa has designed and now produces edible bowls to replace single-use plastic bowls for the food and catering industry.

The country is addressing the challenge of plastic pollution and its impacts on human health and the environment. A study conducted by the Department of Environmental Affairs in 2017 on Plastics Materials Flow confirms that packaging constitutes the largest component of single-use plastic waste generated in South Africa.

The bowls are made with organic ingredients, including unbleached and stone-ground wheat flour, bran, canola oil and rooibos tea extract.

“We pride ourselves on the fact that we do not use colourants and chemical preservatives. The rooibos extract acts as a natural preservative,” says Neeraj Mannie, the founding partner of Munch Innovations.

Not only does our product prevent pollution, but it adds nutrient value to your meal,” he adds.

The company’s bowls are being manufactured in Cape Town and are currently being exported to clients in Ghana, Dubai and Belgium.
nice
Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Kessythegeek(m): 9:53am On Jul 07, 2021
Amazing innovation but really foolish use.
Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:05am On Jul 07, 2021
NOT NEW,KENYA DON STOP TO USE PLASTICS FIVES YEARS AGO. IF YOU ENTER KENYA WITH POLYBAG OF ANY DESIGN NA CRIME angry

1 Like

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by TMKsouth: 10:37am On Jul 07, 2021
Iceyjayzz:
I'm not trolling but puting you in your place, where you really belong. you know that? cheesy
I purposely logged into this account to accomplish my aim, to make you cry cheesy

Why would I cry coz u have multiple accounts? I'm the one who flushed all of them out last year when I was slaying u and u were attempting to create an impression your dumb views had support. I see you still giving yourself 'Likes'. It's so sad undecided cry grin
Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by TMKsouth: 10:39am On Jul 07, 2021
heniford2:
nice

Wassup heniford2? U playing nice today? cool
Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by heniford2: 10:58am On Jul 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

Wassup heniford2? U playing nice today? cool
naa if I see good stuff I appreciate it but I would not like in a situation u making my country feel less wink am good u

1 Like

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by MickzyDonald: 11:16am On Jul 07, 2021
Spending123:
Am just imaging how one would finish eating and start chewing plate like goat, no be juju be that?. grin grin grin
The worst part is when a visitor that hasn't heard of it before enters and find you eating your plate grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by chiiraq802(m): 11:35am On Jul 07, 2021
Spending123:
Am just imaging how one would finish eating and start chewing plate like goat, no be juju be that?. grin grin grin

The juju pass Wakili own

1 Like

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by TMKsouth: 11:49am On Jul 07, 2021
heniford2:
naa if I see good stuff I appreciate it but I would not like in a situation u making my country feel less wink am good u

When have I ever done that without being provoked? You know you're a damn troll. Anyway, I like this new u - I wonder how long he'll last though.
Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by mysticwarrior(m): 12:19pm On Jul 07, 2021
Iceyjayzz:
have you noticed that the son of a dead Zulu slave is now feeling uncomfortable in nairaland, his fellow Southern caveman Irongalaxy has abandoned him because the heat is becoming too much, grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by mamms(m): 12:21pm On Jul 07, 2021
Delhi School of Music is a Delhi based professional music institute that provides Online Singing Classes performance course for students who aim to be India's next generation superstars.

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Iceyjayzz(m): 12:23pm On Jul 07, 2021
mysticwarrior:
have you noticed that the son of a dead Zulu slave is now feeling uncomfortable in nairaland, his fellow Southern caveman Irongalaxy has abandoned him because the heat is becoming too much, grin grin
Lol I noticed that too, I've promised him that I'm going to chase him out of here, and I have started yet, he's going to get it hot cheesy
Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Iceyjayzz(m): 12:29pm On Jul 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

Why would I cry coz u have multiple accounts? I'm the one who flushed all of them out last year when I was slaying u and u were attempting to create an impression your dumb views had support. I see you still giving yourself 'Likes'. It's so sad undecided cry grin
Joker! flushed what out? you are really a circus clown man, I guess you want me to repeat what I did to you the other time? I'm going to send you back to your slum in soweto

Btw, I heard your girlfriend ironglaxy ran away from here, I heard he has gotten a bartender job in a local club in Soweto, unlike you that's still waiting for unemployment grant. cheesycheesy
Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by TMKsouth: 12:32pm On Jul 07, 2021
Iceyjayzz:
Joker! flushed what out? you are really a circus clown man, I guess you want me to repeat what I did to you the other time? I'm going to send you back to your slum in soweto

Btw, I heard your girlfriend ironglaxy ran away from here, I guess he has gotten a bartender job unlike you that's still waiting for unemployment grant. cheesycheesy

Bring out all your guns Hushpuppi, already people on this thread are asking if you're a mental case - which u are. You will tire of your own madness son grin grin I'm still here after 3 years and looking forward to the next 15. Cheers sucker! Let's do this. cool
Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by TMKsouth: 12:37pm On Jul 07, 2021
mysticwarrior:

Why u not addressing me directly on both threads son, do I scare u now? U called on Spicygayz on the other thread and when he didn't respond u came running after him onto this thread for backup? You're really lame, you know that? And very weak undecided grin

IronGalaxy didn't sign no contract to be a Nairaland rat like u, he'll post whenever he so wishes - even Twitter (which u cant access coz u live in COWgeria) doesn't require he logs in everyday.
Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by DrSamOnowu87(m): 12:44pm On Jul 07, 2021
nijaomegacode:
Great. NIGERIA how far with cow worshiping?
Nonsense country called Nigeria. Thunder fire Buhari for trying to soil our dream.
Cow brain president. The world most idiotic,illiterate, unprogressive,stagnant, awkward and backward president.

1 Like

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by TMKsouth: 12:45pm On Jul 07, 2021
Iceyjayzz:
Lol I noticed that too, I've promised him that I'm going to chase him out of here, and I have started yet, he's going to get it hot cheesy

You noticed what, COWgerian wannabe-troll with bad English always repeating the same lines? You call that trolling - graduate of Boko Haram Boarding School for the Kidnapped and Bad English? cool
Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by mysticwarrior(m): 12:52pm On Jul 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

Why u not addressing me directly son, do I scare u now? U called on Spicygayz on the other thread and when he didn't respond u came running after him onto this thread for backup? You're really lame, you know that? And very weak undecided grin

IronGalaxy didn't sign no contract to be a Nairaland rat like u, he'll post whenever he so wishes - even Twitter (which u cant access coz u live in COWgeria) doesn't require he logs in everyday.
judging from my last comment i didn't mentioned your moniker. wow so you have finally accepted that you are truly "the son of a dead Zulu slave" nice one boy grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can Senior Community Health And Ext Worker (SCHEW) Switch To Bsc. Nursing Vie DE / ASUU Orders Varsities To Resume On Monday / Jamb Result Already Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.