Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:50 AM

PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo (7794 Views)

APC: Tinubu Got The Message By Oke Umurhohwo / Ihedioha Halts Creation Of 50 New Communities By Okorocha / "2023: Tinubu And His Mind Game" by Oke Umurhohwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo by Fiscus105(m): 10:41am On Jul 07, 2021
Do not put entire blame on lawmakers o.
Mr nepotism sent 2.5% as executive bill, since the rubber stamp won't like offend their slave master, they too reluctantly settle for 3%

Meanwhile since buhari became tyranny he has been frutlessly looking for oil in the core northern region in case his hope won't dash at last, he had back it up with whooping 30%
Re: PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo by PointZerom: 10:42am On Jul 07, 2021
sad
Re: PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo by frankmoney(m): 10:46am On Jul 07, 2021
But this PIB has been debated for long and nobody talked about it
Re: PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo by Kubernetes: 10:50am On Jul 07, 2021
In as much as I also feel for the plight of the host communities. I will advice the fed govt to change the approach of the funds gvn to the Ndeltan states, because there seems to be massive embezzlement by the Governors (Ibori case is an example ). NNDC, Min of Niger Delta comm,13% derivation etc should have made that region a good place in terms of infrastructure but nay, the opposite is the case.
Verily, the Governors in N/Delta sees 13% derivation as free money which is very bad. The developmental state in that region is far below what has been given to them.

So far the Oil-producing states have received over N12 trillion.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo by King44(m): 10:52am On Jul 07, 2021
I think the 5 % they suggested for the host communities is too small.

The previous was not utilized well, it was embezzled.
Re: PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo by McLizbae: 10:52am On Jul 07, 2021
I use to wonder what PGEJ who rose from those creeds to become the president of this country for 6 clear years, was thinking thru those years.
Re: PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo by McLizbae: 10:59am On Jul 07, 2021
SLOVFO:
A bad deal indeed. But where we're our representatives when this bill was drafted,deliberated on and passed?

And do you know that GEJ could have even complete work on this bill and make sure it suit his own people...
Re: PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 11:01am On Jul 07, 2021
positivelord:
In these days of " horizontal drilling" how do you define host community

Are you intentionally being daft? Just imagine that I live in a flat below yours and I drill a hole through my ceiling to finger your wife that sleeps naked on the floor when you go to work.

Is there any argument about who's wife is being vigorously fingered by me?
Re: PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo by gidjah(m): 11:04am On Jul 07, 2021
Gaddafi1:
90% of the people making these aws have never visited this community where oil and gas is produced. Personally I have worked here for the past 10 years and it's quite sad how much degradation the environment has suffered. The swamps are polluted with oil and the fishes are disappearing.

I wont post pictures of children who we comes daily to our locations to beg and collect food. Do I mention unavailability of hospitals and good schools.

All the the lawmakers should spent a month in the creeks of Niger Delta.
you are partly viery w correct sir .I also have good knowledge about this for years. But d question I keep asking is this :what are d SS go rs doing with d montlyy ,yearly allocations that accrue to these states ?Before this Bill came Up there is a 13%derivative always given to these States like I know for some long long years before now ,I am yet to see and feel d impact of this funds.I hope u also remember d Nger Delta ministry was heavily ,dangerously and carelessly funded for some long years between OBJ and GEJ tenure ?can u seriously find d effect of those funds over there sir ?.Do u get to fully comprehend d extent of d corruption in d NIGER Delta till date?. Do u know how much of heavy trillions GEJ moved into that region during his tenure making crooks like aAlamegshiya ,Donald Duke, Asari,Tompolo etc billionaires over night sir ??I am also sure u know that the nation hasn't been able to recover Ibori and Alamehsjiyas loot till date !!.All this facts and many more make me totally handicapped to fight for this my fellow brothers .The level of darkness and corruption that has gone On in dat territory is just too fantastic !.I also want to remind u about the level of laziness and high handedness in those Regions !.SEE BRO THOSE PEOPLE SHOT THEMSELVES IN D LEG .though EVIL IS EVIL ,WHAT D NORTHERN LEADERS DID WAS EVIL.IF THIS SECTION WAS TO BE IN D NORTH (WERE I CURRENTLY RESIDE NOW, NAIJA GO DON DIVIDE TEY TEY .WICKED ABOKIS
Re: PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo by Coldie(m): 11:05am On Jul 07, 2021
The joke is on the south south, they told u igbos wanted your oil and you beleived cheesy
Re: PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 07, 2021
I used to say with the 13% derivation that ND receives,the region should be in Dubai's level already and since it's not,it shouldn't be given more funds. But then I realized Dubai doesn't receive only 13% of the profits from it's oil while others collect the rest.
I think it's time ND states start clamouring for their own Republic. If they get 100% control of their resources like Dubai and they still fail,only then can they be blamed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo by ken6488(m): 11:08am On Jul 07, 2021
North will pay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 07, 2021
Coldie:
The joke is on the south south, they told u igbos wanted your oil and you beleived cheesy

Igbos and their attaché by force. Must you irrelevant buffoons always add SS to your posts?
Re: PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo by stalyf(m): 11:10am On Jul 07, 2021
Timmi:

Mr. Oke and your likes, where were you all when this PIB bill was under consideration for years. No one take time to read, understand and comprehend what is in the bill but rather too lazy and wait for it to be passed before shouting. It’s very pathetic that we have so called analysts, eleders, experts, etc that cannot comprehend enough and provide suggestions through their representatives and even publish it in the pages of newspaper before the bill was passed. This bill has been under consideration for many years.

Our lawmakers especially those from the South should have done more
Re: PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo by Vitally123: 11:31am On Jul 07, 2021
"3% annual operating expenditure of oil companies will go to the Host Communities Trust Fund, and in the House of Representatives, they settled for a 5%." That means: N3. in every N100 or N5 in every N100. What a bill passage!!!

Please have the people who proposed these percentages been to the South-South before, especially the river-rine areas? Do they feel the plight of the people due to oil spillages in those areas? No land to build house or toilets? Please remember: "Do unto others what you will like them to do unto you, this is the law and the prophets" Luke 6: 31. There is God ooo!
Re: PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo by FreeStuffsNG: 11:40am On Jul 07, 2021
AnonPoet:

https://leaders.ng/pib-a-bad-deal-for-host-communities-by-okestalyf/
The President should not assent to the bill shikena. It will solve the hullabaloo.
Re: PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo by AfonjaConehead: 11:40am On Jul 07, 2021
What a people

1 Like

Re: PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo by FreeStuffsNG: 11:44am On Jul 07, 2021
AfonjaConehead:
We would have long put these bastards,these backward useless good4nothing retrogressive north in their proper place if not for these stupid coneheads down south
Cc Seun Myndd44 Lalasticala.
You have a legal and social responsibility to clean this platform of very toxic comments like this. Somebody will soon take Nairaland to court these days.

People can't be hiding behind the anonymity you created here and using your platform to disseminate the worst form of hate speech and bigotry and you carry on making money from the traffic they create as if you don't have obligations to the Nigerian society.

There will soon be a compilation of the hate speeches here to follow a petition to the appropriate authorities about Nairaland . These are young Nigerians for God sake and they are filled with so much hate and bigotry against others and here's a fertile ground for their hatred and bigotry to keep fanning the flames.

You need to save Nigeria from the toxicity here or let government handle it for you . It's preposterous! This is not freedom of expression, this is criminal hate speech!
Re: PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo by Coldie(m): 11:56am On Jul 07, 2021
Plead:

Igbos and their attaché by force. Must you irrelevant buffoons always add SS to your posts?
cheesy cheesy igbos want our oil
Re: PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo by Ugonna62: 12:04pm On Jul 07, 2021
naijapips02:
The worst thing Buhari can do right now is to pass that PIB. This is the reason they took over NDDC.

Buhari you don't want to add Militants to your already stretched Army.
incase you dont know,this is the kind of bill Buhari will accent to without hasitation and if those idiots that call themselves millitants make any noise Buhari will send Osinbajo to them with a ghana must go bag.and thats all,the educated fools that cal themselves leaders have already gotten their shear,and that explains why Akpabio urged the NA to just pass the bills irrespective of the content.
Re: PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo by EMMY76: 12:07pm On Jul 07, 2021
Afriqan:
One thing I dislike about Northern politicians is their insincerity. You know this money is coming from the South/South, East and West oil producing communities and you are still complaining about how much these communities should get. 5% is even small...

If the oil was in the north, I tell you, Nigeria would have disintegrated a long time ago cos they are greedy and won't even take what the south is taking.

Those northern leaders are extremely very wicked they think and act like hardened criminals.
Re: PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo by ameh43: 12:23pm On Jul 07, 2021
Afriqan:
One thing I dislike about Northern politicians is their insincerity. You know this money is coming from the South/South, East and West oil producing communities and you are still complaining about how much these communities should get. 5% is even small...

If the oil was in the north, I tell you, Nigeria would have disintegrated a long time ago cos they are greedy and won't even take what the south is taking.
Blame your rubber stamp representatives and senators in the house.... Were they sleeping while the bill is been passed? Yeye people
Re: PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo by ameh43: 12:26pm On Jul 07, 2021
Timmi:

Mr. Oke and your likes, where were you all when this PIB bill was under consideration for years. No one take time to read, understand and comprehend what is in the bill but rather too lazy and wait for it to be passed before shouting. It’s very pathetic that we have so called analysts, eleders, experts, etc that cannot comprehend enough and provide suggestions through their representatives and even publish it in the pages of newspaper before the bill was passed. This bill has been under consideration for many years.
The resps n senators were busy shearing the money and forgot that the north are really working tirelessly to favour their people.... No be by book na by sense and planning... The north are very good in planning their thing....
Re: PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo by Blackdisciple(m): 12:31pm On Jul 07, 2021
The thing is that the Southern Governors are mute on this
Re: PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 07, 2021
ameh43:

Blame your rubber stamp representatives and senators in the house.... Were they sleeping while the bill is been passed? Yeye people

I blame them of course. You too have to blame them unless you're part of those who support it.
Re: PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo by hayoholla(m): 1:21pm On Jul 07, 2021
May our blessings not be an impediment to our progress.
Re: PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo by Timmi: 1:33pm On Jul 07, 2021
ameh43:

The resps n senators were busy shearing the money and forgot that the north are really working tirelessly to favour their people.... No be by book na by sense and planning... The north are very good in planning their thing....

So who is to blame and why all these shoutings and screaming. It’s too bad that we blame everything on Buhari and the northerners when we the southerners should be blamed
Re: PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo by Timmi: 1:35pm On Jul 07, 2021
EMMY76:

Those northern leaders are extremely very wicked they think and act like hardened criminals.

Mr. Emmy76, why not ask your governors to give an account of all the oil derivatives percentages that they have received first. Hold them accountable

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia / Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate / Stop The Curses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.