Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,673 members, 7,820,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Stop The Curses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop The Curses (7705 Views)

If I Am Guilty, Let All The Curses In The Bible Be Upon You–Okupe Fires Back / Melaye: Private Jet Equals Private Death, Stop The Stealing Now / Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop The Curses by otajipopo: 2:38pm On Feb 17, 2012
I never voted for Jonathan cos I was not convinced of his leadership capabilities but He won the election and He is saddled with the sole responsibility of leading this great nation for the next four years.
One thing that is gradually becoming a national habit is the rate at which people rain curses on the president. Now that's bad very bad, Interestingly even those that claimed to have voted for Jonathan and not PDP are guilty of this bad habit. Now getting Goodluck into that position might have been a one day electoral feat but getting him to remain there and to make the right decisions requires daily continuous prayers from the masses.
Don't get me wrong I am not saying that He shouldn't be constructively criticized when ever He makes wrong choices, criticize him but at least don't curse him.
He needs more of our prayers than we can ever imagine so next time you are pissed at GEJ just voice your critical opinion don't curse him.
Ask yourself this question: "Will that curse solve the problems or will it help make him better" I don't think so.
God bless You
God bless Me
God bless GEJ and our Leaders and
God bless Nigeria.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Stop The Curses by hakanai(m): 2:47pm On Feb 17, 2012
@op
Good one!!!! You make a valid point here.GEJ needs support more tha ever.Time is going and people need to rally behind him and propell him in the right path regardless.He needs that.The government fails,we are all to blame.That aside i still have a thing against PDP and i still blame PDP more than the government.Theyhave failed to champion this nation to greatness,they have permitted and kept corruption afloat.They have caused us more harm than good even where they had more than 3 chances to fix it and make it right.They dominate politics and government yet they act indifferent to the plight of Nigerians.They are greedy and corrupt.
Re: Stop The Curses by Beaf: 2:50pm On Feb 17, 2012
The insult thing is an ACN and core-Northern tactic. While the core-Northerners stopped after the elections, ACN kept the gutter habit.
Its a sad reflection of Nigerian society.
Re: Stop The Curses by hakanai(m): 2:54pm On Feb 17, 2012
Beaf:

The insult thing is an ACN and core-Northern tactic. While the core-Northerners stopped after the elections, ACN kept the gutter habit.
Beaf you should also know he played same card to discredit his opponent so much you still blame them yourself till date.So its not about that north or west.Its about dropping all that and forging ahead.president GEJ first called ACN rascals i believe and the North his primary trouble was with the NPLF group over the zoning arrangment.That said i think the op post still calls to Nigerians to respect the man GEJ,our president!!!
Re: Stop The Curses by jason123: 3:05pm On Feb 17, 2012
haka_nai:

Beaf you should also know he played same card to discredit his opponent so much you still blame them yourself till date.So its not about that north or west.Its about dropping all that and forging ahead.president GEJ first called ACN rascals i believe and the North his primary trouble was with the NPLF group over the zoning arrangment.That said i think the op post still calls to Nigerians to respect the man GEJ,our president!!!

GOD BLESS YOU!
Re: Stop The Curses by jason123: 3:06pm On Feb 17, 2012
OP
You are right!
Re: Stop The Curses by Beaf: 3:08pm On Feb 17, 2012
haka_nai:

The core-North stopped the insults as soon as the elections were over. So what is the problem with ACN people? Upbringing?
Re: Stop The Curses by hakanai(m): 3:12pm On Feb 17, 2012
Beaf:

The core-North stopped the insults as soon as the elections were over. So what is the problem with ACN people? Upbringing?

Well,i don't know.People have there reasons but the president deserves plenty respect and support regardless.We can't afford to keep wishing the leader bad things or fighting him over critical issues where dialogue can work.Its hard and he needs to work.Nigerians need to understand sha!!
Re: Stop The Curses by norrisman: 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2012
E no go better for GEJ mama! Thunder fire Patience y.ansh!
Re: Stop The Curses by Osiris211: 3:59pm On Feb 17, 2012
straight from the gutter. GEJ is your president for goodness sake!!

Please respect the office of the president

norrisman:

E no go better for GEJ mama! Thunder fire Patience y.ansh!
Re: Stop The Curses by aljharem(m): 4:14pm On Feb 17, 2012
Those that insult the president lack sense. Insulting our president by calling him "retardeen" etc says a lot about us the people. We voted for him as our leader so what does that make us ?

What I have always advocated for is to attack the whole system not just the president. There is only so much the president can do.

The best we can do is criticize, show deep anger etc but deep in our hearts, we should be praying for him that Allah should give him wisdom to make the right decision. At the end of the his decision would affect US not him really.

Beaf:

Can you stop that rubbish, the more you try to tribalise the issue, the more people get angry because GEJ is not your president but our president and the decisions he makes affects every single Nigerian

so stop calling the North and ACN.
Re: Stop The Curses by ektbear: 4:23pm On Feb 17, 2012
Odechukwu needs to stop acting foolishly, and then the insults will stop
Re: Stop The Curses by Demdem(m): 4:46pm On Feb 17, 2012
@Op.

u simply got it wrong there.
I see no curse when i call my president Foolish/Stupid especially after he has made a very foolish decision or statement. this he has done severally
i see no curse when i call my president retardd (redardeeno) especially after he makes a very dumb decision or statement. this he had done severally(check my sig) etc
u see, i should be praised and encouraged for being truthful and calling it the name it deserves. many here arent truthful and these are the ones deceiving the zooman.

besides those clamouring for this are always on the forefront of castigating or insulting other Nigerians yet u want retardeeno to stop. u are nuts. How many head does dumbo has that these ones doesnt have.

Re: Stop The Curses by aljharem(m): 4:52pm On Feb 17, 2012
ekt_bear:

Odechukwu needs to stop acting foolishly, and then the insults will stop
Demdem:

@Op.

u simply got it wrong there.
I see no curse when i call my president Foolish/silly especially after he has made a very foolish decision or statement. this he has done severally
i see no curse when i call my president retardd (redardeeno) especially after he makes a very dumb decision or statement. this he had done severally(check my sig) etc
u see, i should be praised and encouraged for being truthful and calling it the name it deserves. many here arent truthful and these are the ones deceiving the zooman.

besides those clamouring for this are always on the forefront of castigating or insulting other Nigerians yet u want retardeeno to stop. u are nuts. How many head does dumbo has that these ones doesnt have.

smiley
and you think insulting him would make things better ?  undecided

I don't think so, rather than insult him, why not criticize him (clearly state our reasons) vent our anger and pray for Allah/God to give him wisdom to do the right thing.

That is more productive, I mean, at the end of the day, HE IS OUR PRESIDENT
Re: Stop The Curses by Demdem(m): 4:52pm On Feb 17, 2012
haka_nai:

Well,i don't know.People have there reasons but the president deserves plenty respect and support regardless.We can't afford to keep wishing the leader bad things or fighting him over critical issues where dialogue can work.Its hard and he needs to work.Nigerians need to understand sha!!

Honestly, i wish him no bad and i want him to succeed (because all will benefit including me) but i doubt if this will be possible. Considering his past miserable achievement especially from his days in bayelsa am aint optimistic. he has failed before and i wont be surprise if he fails again. Please dont blame me, am simply being a realist.
Respect is earned, so far the retardd hasnt done anything to warrant such. hopefully he will soon.
Re: Stop The Curses by aljharem(m): 4:54pm On Feb 17, 2012
Demdem:

Honestly, i wish him no bad and i want him to succeed (because all will benefit including me) but i doubt if this will be possible. Considering his past miserable achievement especially from his days in bayelsa am aint optimistic. he has failed before and i wont be surprise if he fails again. Please dont blame me, am simply being a realist.
Respect is earned, so the retardd hasnt done anything to warrant such. hopefully he will soon.

I understand your sentiment and I share the same with you to be honest but praying for him is better than insult.

Yes respect is earned but not insult.
Re: Stop The Curses by Demdem(m): 4:55pm On Feb 17, 2012
alj harem:

smiley
and you think insulting him would make things better ?  undecided

I don't think so, rather than insult him, why not criticize him (clearly state our reasons) vent our anger and pray for Allah/God to give him wisdom to do the right thing.

That is more productive, I mean, at the end of the day, HE IS OUR PRESIDENT

Alhaji, calling something the way it is isnt an insult. its the truth. behave foolishly, i call u foolish. declare dumb statements like the retardeen i call u dumbo. Thats the truth. i honestly dont know what u want from me oo  
Re: Stop The Curses by Demdem(m): 4:56pm On Feb 17, 2012
alj harem:

I understand your sentiment and I share the same with you to be honest but praying for him is better than insult.

Yes respect is earned but not insult.

if the "so called insult" (i disagree it is) is affecting him jobwise, he should humbly resign. that is much more honourable.
Abegii, lets discuss something else jare.
Re: Stop The Curses by aljharem(m): 5:00pm On Feb 17, 2012
Demdem:

if the "so called insult" (i disagree it is) is affecting him jobwise, he should humbly resign. that is much more honourable.
Abegii, lets discuss something else jare.

LOL, Demdem, I strongly share your sentiment but words like "retardeen" etc is not a way to even chastise a person. Shebi omo yorba ni e, yorba o rin agbalaba fin.
Re: Stop The Curses by Osiris211: 5:03pm On Feb 17, 2012
what is retardeen?
Re: Stop The Curses by Demdem(m): 5:06pm On Feb 17, 2012
alj harem:

LOL, Demdem, I strongly share your sentiment but words like "retardeen" etc is not a way to even chastise a person. Shebi omo yorba ni e, yorba o rin agbalaba fin.

any agbalagba (elder) that is toiling with my future or playing politics with it deserves no respect.
Any agablagba (elder) that lies and deceives deserves no respect. etc

Once again, respect is earned
Re: Stop The Curses by hercules07: 5:06pm On Feb 17, 2012
@Alhaji

We yorubas kan oju abe ni ko ni, we will thump the nail on the head, the President is clueless and visionless, we should call a spade a spade, if he performs kudos to him, if he does not, we insult him shikena.
Re: Stop The Curses by otajipopo: 6:55pm On Feb 17, 2012
I stand corrected but I believe that reprimands and criticisms are Better and civilized ways of relating our disapproval.
Insults and curses won't help him anyways, A simple God help GEJ won't kill you.
He needs our prayers.
Re: Stop The Curses by muyoto: 8:20pm On Feb 17, 2012
ok
Re: Stop The Curses by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 17, 2012
abegi stop giving us this he needs our prayers bs. is the man a child? do you hear people whinig obama needs our prayers. he is there to do a job and he is doing a fked up one. let him perform and they will stop jumping on him.
Re: Stop The Curses by Fhemmmy: 9:28pm On Feb 17, 2012
But have you ever sat and wonder why people curses him and his cohorts?
Re: Stop The Curses by Igwe9(m): 10:14pm On Feb 17, 2012
In as much as I don't agree to most of his policies, I still think people should criticise but not to indulge in names calling and insults.

Nevertheless, it's been in the culture of some people to insult irrespective of how you try to please them.
Re: Stop The Curses by Nobody: 10:21am On Feb 18, 2012
[s]Thunder fire them head (Aint talkin to anybody)[/s] Yeap!!
Re: Stop The Curses by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 18, 2012
Another thread for sentiment and moral bruhaha. GEJ is quite simply a nincompoop and people who know this are not afraid to say it. To hell with the prayer request the Op wants for that ugly accidental president.

The swine (Tinubu) made a gamble to secure his freedom from the judge hence delivering the southwest to odechukwu. That is one reason he can't reignite his friendship with Ribadu. Listen, GEJ is a low-breed monkey!
Re: Stop The Curses by sunkoye: 10:26am On Feb 18, 2012
its not about a regional thing or politics, the man wont just stopped getting people angry easily angry
Re: Stop The Curses by Nobody: 10:28am On Feb 18, 2012
Fhemmmy:

But have you ever sat and wonder why people curses him and his cohorts?

Thank you sir for the good question.Jonathan; the greatest fraudster in this country deceived Nigerians that he had no shoes in order to win election only for him to turn against them in less than 6 months after election to inflict more pain on them.Are Nigerians supposed to praise him for all the problems he's causing them ? If no,then it's appropriate if they curse him.
Re: Stop The Curses by bibelo: 10:37am On Feb 18, 2012
has any body seen d subsidy cushion bus in lag?its a month afta strike o,madam world bank we neva see common bus afta trustin u and u say d program SURE.USELESS ODEnsin wit dat him calabash cap.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos - See 'THE BEAST' That Was Used To Pick Up Obama At The Airport. / A Die Hard Buhari Supporter Who Can No Longer Defend Him / Happy Birthday Governor Akinwunmi Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.