Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,104 members, 7,852,740 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:50 AM

Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion (8148 Views)

Petrol Price May Jump To ₦‎750 Per Litre — IPMAN / Ease Of Doing Business: Kaduna, Enugu, Lagos, Abia, Anambra Top Reformed States / Kaduna, Enugu, Lagos, Abia, Anambra Top Reformed States In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by aspabay(m): 8:28am On Jul 08, 2021
Who can tell me what Ábíá state used their loan for?

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by Delphnewsdotcom: 8:28am On Jul 08, 2021
aspabay:
Lagso well...

For the Latest Naija News Click Here
Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by bennyblings(m): 8:31am On Jul 08, 2021
Lol no wonder dy wan die unto niger delta mata.abeg make una carry una yeye egbese life go east.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by Isusugbaghada: 8:33am On Jul 08, 2021
ChiefSosa:
Quick question guys:
If Nigeria breaks up today and every region goes their separate ways, who will now pay Nigeria's debts?? Who will pay back all the billions that Buhari has been borrowing since?
Or will they share it per region? 'Cause I can't imagine starting a new region with debts. Me I no get Shingbain to give anybody o

Although am not among those who believe in Nigeria breakup but your question is very important

I must say

How I wish someone can answer it
Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by Gonec: 8:34am On Jul 08, 2021
Chei
Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by ChiefSosa(m): 8:40am On Jul 08, 2021
Isusugbaghada:

Although am not among those who believe in Nigeria breakup but your question is very important

I must say

How I wish someone can answer it
Lol, for real bro! It's really worth answers. When it's time to talk about our finances, na that time confirm kasala go burst. Maybe I need to put it in a thread.
Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by Analyst7: 8:41am On Jul 08, 2021
Thank God Oyo isn’t here
Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by UnknownT: 8:41am On Jul 08, 2021
WILLIE OBIANO SEF
Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by SmartPolician: 8:43am On Jul 08, 2021
ChiefSosa:
Quick question guys:
If Nigeria breaks up today and every region goes their separate ways, who will now pay Nigeria's debts?? Who will pay back all the billions that Buhari has been borrowing since?
Or will they share it per region? 'Cause I can't imagine starting a new region with debts. Me I no get Shingbain to give anybody o

Nigeria will never break up.

The country will start to enjoy some relative peace the moment the daft oldie in Aso Rock leaves.

Buhari is to Nigeria what Abacha once represented - a colossal disaster.
Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by stanluiz(m): 8:47am On Jul 08, 2021
This one is for domestic Debt.

Debt management office should also states foreign debt list.
Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by lexy2014: 8:47am On Jul 08, 2021
adenigga:

https://punchng.com/Lagos-Abia-Zamfara-12-other-states-debts-jump-to-N1.68tn

Lagos is owing? How's that possible? Where are those folks who have been boasting that Lagos state's IGR is a Guinness book of records achievement?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by YhubieIsidore(m): 8:59am On Jul 08, 2021
This list is faulty. You're leaving out Akwa Ibom, a state that is only third to Lagos and Rivers.... That's questionable
Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:00am On Jul 08, 2021
Ebonyi under Umahi is more than healthy.
I wonder where Umahi is getting all the funds to execute capital projects in Ebonyi state. Ndi Ebonyi una go surely miss Umahi.

Enugu is not there...

Kudos to Ugwuanyi. When you realise that he's paying 13th month salary to Enugu state workers one might think he's borrowing heavily to pay workers.

I'm surprised how Anambra rose from 3.5b to 59b
Na geometric progression!?? And Obiano said he didn't borrow to build Airport....... wetin dem use the money do??
The more reason Soludo must win the gubernatorial election.

Abia state need deliverance..... with all the borrowing yet nothing to show.

Imo state..... thanks to Mr Iberiberism...

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by Giantfarmer(m): 9:18am On Jul 08, 2021
ManirBK:
By 2023 the incoming government of JAGABAN will make fund available to states to avoid debt and cuts Dollar raise to one Naira per Dollar. God bless Tinubu the PDP slayer.
u na Don start oo.. use your head
Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by Ilaumoh(m): 9:37am On Jul 08, 2021
EasternActivist:
Anambra debt profile margin is still surprising...
Them use am build airport na grin
Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by Sammy07: 9:37am On Jul 08, 2021
I thought anambralastson says anambra gov no borrow money to do all those elephants projects grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by EasternActivist: 9:55am On Jul 08, 2021
Ilaumoh:

Them use am build airport na grin

Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by Akhee: 10:02am On Jul 08, 2021
adenigga:

Na for this kind matter you go see Niger State. You no go see am for better development list.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by Ilaumoh(m): 10:04am On Jul 08, 2021
Sammy07:
I thought anambralastson says anambra gov no borrow money to do all those elephants projects grin
grin
Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by Ilaumoh(m): 10:05am On Jul 08, 2021
[quote author=EasternActivist post=103489309][/quote]
So what's the 56billion for?
Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by Coldie(m): 10:06am On Jul 08, 2021
E concern una. Na people way look the way the country cast finish carry money go give una I blame
Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by Ojiofor: 10:09am On Jul 08, 2021
Okezie Ikpeazu have been borrowing but doing too little.
Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by EasternActivist: 10:09am On Jul 08, 2021
Ilaumoh:

So what's the 56billion for?
Reason am dumbfounded
Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by onyeogalu1(m): 10:14am On Jul 08, 2021
adenigga:

As of December 31, 2015, the debt stock of Anambra State stood at N3.58bn, but it increased to N59.71bn by March 31. This means that the state recorded a leap of 1,567.88 per cent increase

Obiano! Obiano!! Obiano!!!
Posterity will judge you.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:30am On Jul 08, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Obiano and APGA has finished Anambra state and now looking for a way to foist soludo the master money printing machine and borrower in chief on Anambra to complete his assignments.

All his stay in cbn was about printing 200 to 500 to 1000 nothingelse...no achievement whatsoever.....that's by the way..

From debt profile of 3.5bn now jump to 59.72bn.

In other words Obiano met or should I say entered govt debt free and leaving such huge debt as he is living.....

Worst Governor in History of Anambra state.

Even the 56.22bn debt rise, no tangible project will be linked to it.
Only an idiot that doesn't know what Nigeria economy is facing this period when compare 2011-2015 when we had surplus, below is states total debt stock as at March check Anambra debt compare to other states

Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by ImmaculateJOE(m): 10:35am On Jul 08, 2021
EasternActivist:
Anambra debt profile margin is still surprising...
It goes to prove that Peter Obi's administration actually left zero debt profile.

Obiano really mismanaged the economy.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by Jonathan39: 10:35am On Jul 08, 2021
Peter Obi left Anambra state with zero debt. Get your facts right. Obiano na idiot
stanluiz:
Peter obi left obiano 75 billion naira and a debt profile of 3.5 billion naira yet Obiano squandered and wasted all those money.
Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by Jonathan39: 10:38am On Jul 08, 2021
Nigeria will never break is your deluded opinion.

You can only speak for yourself, as for the debt, you can research on how other nations that break away did there's.

The debt is shared between the new emerging nations.
SmartPolician:

Nigeria will never break up.

The country will start to enjoy some relative peace the moment the daft oldie in Aso Rock leaves.

Buhari is to Nigeria what Abacha once represented - a colossal disaster.

Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by SmartPolician: 11:04am On Jul 08, 2021
Jonathan39:
Nigeria will never break is your deluded opinion.

You can only speak for yourself, as for the debt, you can research on how other nations that break away did there's.

The debt is shared between the new emerging nations.

Would you like us to bet?

Nigeria will remain one country 10 years from now.

No be today we Don dey hear this old story about breakup
grin angry
Re: Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion by Jonathan39: 11:07am On Jul 08, 2021
10 years or 30 year's, Nigeria will definitely divide one day, the country is more divided than United.

The drastic change can happen any day, even before 2023. But nobody knows.
SmartPolician:

Would you like us to beat?

Nigeria will remain one country 10 years from now.

No be today we Don dey hear this old story about breakup
grin angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Step Down From Kanu’s Case, IPOB Tells Justice Nyako / FG May Clamp-down On MASSOB, OPC / Debunking The Latest Lie: Nigeria did not earn $10bn from Raw Cocoa exports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.