Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,713 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG (1265 Views)

Zamfara Government Donates Security Vehicles To Niger Republic To Fight Banditry / FG Dealing With Entire Igbo, Not Kanu – Sen Victor Umeh / sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by November1857(m): 7:20am On Jul 08, 2021
Fight banditry, insurgency, not Kanu, Umar tells FG

A former military governor of Kaduna State, Col. Abubakar Umar (retd.), on Wednesday knocked the All Progressives Congress and Federal Government led by the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) for giving undue attention to the arrest of leader of Kanu than the banditry, kidnapping ravaging the country.

Umar argued that it was disturbing that rather than concentrating on insecurity threatening to cripple the country, the Buhari regime was celebrating the arrest the IPOB leader.

The former governor stated this in a statement titled, ‘Nigeria: A nation challenged.’

Recall that Umar lost his commission in the Nigerian Army as a result of his principled stance on the annulment of the June 12, 1993 presidential election acclaimed to be won by the late Chief MKO Abiola.

He said on Wednesday that the Federal Government must go beyond the arrest of the Kanu and pay more attention to more security challenges threatening to cripple Nigeria.

Umar argued that for the average northerners living in the North-West and North-East, who had been affected by the activities of banditry, kidnapping and insurgency, the arrest of Kanu had no consequence, “since it does nothing to ameliorate his harsh and brutal condition.”

He said, “The re-arrest of the IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu, elicited congratulatory messages to the Federal Government which appears overwhelmed by the intractable security challenges and in dire need of any redeeming act.

This is clearly an exaggeration of the security threat Nnamdi Kanu and indeed IPOB pose to our nation’s security and unity. It is quite strange and disturbing that the Federal Government is paying undue attention to the threats of separatist movements in contrast to the more daunting ones posed by bandits, kidnappers and insurgents in the North West, some parts of North-Central and North-East.”

He lamented those activities of “those criminals have resulted in the evacuation of over 20 per cent the villages in the North-West and North-East. Hundreds are being murdered and maimed every week. Many more are kidnapped for ransom.”

He said, “Over 1,000 schoolchildren were abducted in the past eight months with over 300 still in the hands of the bandits and kidnappers who are demanding humongous ransom. Rape of women and young girls has become a daily occurrence. Most economic activities, particularly farming, the mainstay of the people in these areas, are now all but impossible.”

Umar counselled the government to deploy non-violent means in addressing the growing restiveness in the South-East of the country.

He, however, noted that “IPOB and its leader may well be responsible for some of the violence, including the murder of security personnel, arson and destruction of public and private properties for which they should be held to account.”

While touching on the unity of the country, the former governor argued that Nigeria was better as one and indivisible entity than disintegration.

The former governor carpeted the Buhari regime for not processing the skills in the management of the nation’s diversity.

Truth be told, the Buhari administration has so far exhibited poor skills in its management of our diversity. Yet it has the benefit of great examples by past administrations and statesmen which should guide it,” Umar said.

https://punchng.com/fight-banditry-insurgency-not-kanu-umar-tells-fg/

2 Likes

Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by MadamVanessa(f): 7:25am On Jul 08, 2021
shocked

Our darling daddy must fight Nnamdi Kanu even with his last blood, because this Nnamdi Kanu is the reason inflation hit this country in our sweet daddy administration, this Nnamdi Kanu is the reason for insurgency in North, this Nnamdi Kanu is the reason for high illiteracy in north, this Nnamdi Kanu is the reason almajiris is littered everywhere in north, infact Nnamdi Kanu is the reason Yusuf crashed his power bike.. and you say that our darling daddy shouldn't fight Nnamdi Kanu..sir you're a joker.

To our beloved bandits and bokoharam keep on killing at will , you guys are been covered by our darling daddy.

4 Likes

Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by Abdul05: 7:26am On Jul 08, 2021
In Short,

By being slow to act, buhari has lost a lot of initiative.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by ba7man(m): 7:28am On Jul 08, 2021
There's nothing wrong in fighting Banditry, insurgency, Nnamdi Kanu and Igboho at the same time since they all share the same goal.

The disruption of the fragile peace in this nation.
Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by Lawlab2: 7:31am On Jul 08, 2021
Ok
Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by Joromi1: 7:33am On Jul 08, 2021
ba7man:
There's nothing wrong in fighting Banditry, insurgency, Nnamdi Kanu and Igboho at the same time since they all share the same goal.

Stop dragging Igbogho into your nonsense. He has never carried arms against government or mobilized youths to rebel. All he has ever done was chase away killer herdsmen from Southwest and save lives. It really gets me annoyed when you Fulani asslickers keep roping in a freedom fighter with terrorists. They don't share the same goal.

7 Likes

Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by SILVERLINES: 7:37am On Jul 08, 2021
cheesy

Umar the only sensible one left in the north,
Others are bandits and terrorist

5 Likes

Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by ba7man(m): 7:39am On Jul 08, 2021
Joromi1:

Stop dragging Igbogho into your nonsense. He has never carried arms against government or mobilized youths to rebel. All he has ever done was to chase away killer herdsmen from Southwest and save lives. It really gets me annoyed when you Fulani asslickers keep roping in a freedom fighter with terrorists. They don't share the same goal.
You don't know Igboho.

I'm suprised how some Nigerians will queue up behind any piece of trash that appeals to their emotions.

It's so easy to decieve a lot of people.
Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by Sunnymatey(m): 7:40am On Jul 08, 2021
Joromi1:

Stop dragging Igbogho into your nonsense. He has never carried arms against government or mobilized youths to rebel. All he has ever done was to chase away killer herdsmen from Southwest and save lives. It really gets me annoyed when you Fulani asslickers keep roping in a freedom fighter with terrorists. They don't share the same goal.
The fact that he is campaigning for the creation of Oduduwa republic makes him an enemy of the nigerian state.
Nigeria must remain one so that oil money will continue to flow to the north.

1 Like

Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 08, 2021
ba7man:

Please how is Igboho a terrorist?
Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by OssyMalik: 7:43am On Jul 08, 2021
Buhari is a certified Terrorist
Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by Monogamy: 7:46am On Jul 08, 2021
If Buhari have not been aware of the happenings in the country ( according to some quarters), how are we sure Buhari is aware of Kanu incarceration?
Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by ba7man(m): 7:47am On Jul 08, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
He hapoens to be a Political assasin disguising as an activist.
Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by Monogamy: 7:47am On Jul 08, 2021
DubaiLandLord:

Hypocrisy no good oo my brother..

If you can refer to Kanu as a terrorist, then Igboho is also a terrorist
Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by Joromi1: 7:47am On Jul 08, 2021
Sunnymatey:
The fact that he is campaigning for the creation of Oduduwa republic makes him an enemy of the nigerian state.
Nigeria must remain one so that oil money will continue to flow to the north.
I didn't ask for the opinion of an IPOB miscreant.
Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by ifytrik(m): 7:48am On Jul 08, 2021
The nepotic and tribalistic begot will never fight insurgency as long as those involved are muslems and hausa/fulani, he thinks he is doing his region any good by fighting insurgency with ruber hand not knowing he is destroying the north, well i don't blame him sha, after all those terorists we are talking about are the monsters they made.

1 Like

Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by AntiBMC(m): 7:52am On Jul 08, 2021
He made sense for a while until he stopped making sense. Nigeria must not remain together. It is better divided...nd eventually it will. Cos we all in the south can't keep staying with fulani "northerners", who keep dragging us back with their backward/r£tarded mentality.

Secondly, the arson and murders of policemen in the East were State-sponsored and not d handiwork of IPOB.
Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 08, 2021
Umar has always been sensible

Terrorists and bandits are classified as doing their business by their elite (El rufai)

Terrorists aka Bandits are now asking government to supply rice, beans etc so that their kidnap business can boom

This is how far buhari has taken Nigeria since he started paying ransom but Igboho kanu is dumbhari problem

1 Like

Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by Joromi1: 7:55am On Jul 08, 2021
ba7man:
He hapoens to be a Political assasin disguising as an activist.

You see, that's the problem with most of you. The alleged rumour that he's affiliated with PDP is your only reason for condemning him, calling him a political assassin and all manners of names. So it's now about party and not humanity? That's why none of you can condemn what those coward DSS did to him and his family. Just because he's a PDP guy, then he's automatically an enemy. And the Fulanis are right.

Bunch of saboteurs!
Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by omowolewa: 7:57am On Jul 08, 2021
You won't understand
Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by Joromi1: 7:58am On Jul 08, 2021
Monogamy:

Hypocrisy no good oo my brother..

If you can refer to Kanu as a terrorist, then Igboho is also a terrorist
How are they related? I mean Igbogho and Kanu.
Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by ba7man(m): 7:59am On Jul 08, 2021
Joromi1:

You see, that's the problem with most of you. The alleged rumour that he's affiliated with PDP is your only reason for condemning him, calling him a political assassin and all manners of names. So it's now about party and not humanity? That's why none of you can condemn what those coward DSS did to him and his family. Just because he's a PDP guy, then he's automatically an enemy. And the Fulanis are right.

Bunch of saboteurs!
This is why we need history lessons. You know little about him.

I'm disgusted by anyone that feels such a character is worth of leading their cause.
Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by Oxb90: 8:02am On Jul 08, 2021
Thank you, Sir, you have just given him your candid advice, the rest is left for him. Unfortunately, the Fulani leaders have forgotten that the current administration has only eight years to stay in power. How are they sure that the next president will be a Fulani man who will continue in the way of Buhari. If they don't know, this government has succeeded in making the Fulani tribe to be hated by others. Will they be pampered by the next government, time shall tell.
Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by velocity25(m): 8:03am On Jul 08, 2021
Sir buharideens and zombies will attack get ready.
Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by Monogamy: 8:04am On Jul 08, 2021
Joromi1:

I didn't quote you.. Did I?
Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 08, 2021
Joromi1:

They are both seccessionists which has become taboo in this country

They are both fighting Fulani terrorists herdsmen from their lands against the injunction of FG

They are both using words to gather their people in one cause

They are both confirmed by the FG to be bearing arms, DSS claimed it recovered arms from Igboho house, DSS claimed it got arms connection to kanu

So if you must allow the FG decide what is true for you then you must follow their prescription at all times unless it's hypocrisy
Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by Joromi1: 8:07am On Jul 08, 2021
Monogamy:

I didn't quote you.. Did I?
Because you know you're a malicious liar. Just keep Igboho out of your fücking mouth!
Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by Monogamy: 8:11am On Jul 08, 2021
Joromi1:

Because you know you're a malicious liar. Just keep Igboho out of your fücking mouth!

Like I said, I didn't quote you . Funnily, you might as well called Many a terrorist in the last

So pass
Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by oyebanji44: 8:12am On Jul 08, 2021
Abdul05:
In Short,

By being slow to act, buhari has lost a lot of initiative.

1 Like

Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by Joromi1: 8:14am On Jul 08, 2021
Mikecold:
They are both seccessionists which has become taboo in this country

They are both fighting Fulani terrorists herdsmen from their lands against the injunction of FG

They are both using words to gather their people in one cause

They are both confirmed by the FG to be bearing arms, DSS claimed it recovered arms from Igboho house, DSS claimed it got arms connection to kanu

So if you must allow the FG decide what is true for you then you must follow their prescription at all times unless it's hypocrisy

No, they're not related in many ways.

Igbogho got tired of Fulani herdsmen invasion and decided to stand up to them since relying on police doesn't help. Then at a point he started a peaceful secession movement. And in all of this:

He never mobilized people against government.

He never attacked or burnt police stations or any other government facilities.

He never killed any security agents.

He never spread hate speech.

He was never summoned by DSS or arrested for any offense, talk more remanded in prison.

He never ran out of the country.

I can go on and on but I believe you know the drift. So it's not hypocrisy.
Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 08, 2021
Joromi1:

No, they're not related in many ways.

Igbogho got tired of Fulani herdsmen invasion and decided to stand up to them since relying on police doesn't help. Then at a point he started a peaceful secession movement. And in all of this:

He never mobilized people against government.

He never attacked or burnt police stations or any other government facilities.

He never killed any security agents.

He never spread hate speech.

He was never summoned by DSS or arrested for any offense, talk more remanded in prison.

He never ran out of the country.

I can go on and on but I believe you know the drift. So it's not hypocrisy.
First of all i fully support all of Igboho doing to protect his people where FG is supporting the killers

The Crux of the matter is that kanu is not different from Igboho doing the same thing to protect his people

But if you allow the same fulani FG to tell you what is right and wrong you would be missing it

Let me put it to you that it is on record that Igboho and his people attacked Fulani settlement, burnt it, fulanis died in that attack so your story that Igboho hasn't attacked anyone, destroyed property, killed is false

It is also on record that Igboho had given fulanis quit notice to leave not just igangan but the entire south west and also threatened their lives if they don't

It is also on record that Igboho has been clashing with fulanis herdsmen at various times too

So as you can see, you can't actually fight this menance without been physically involved, you can't fight it without issuing stern warnings to the killers, you can't fight it without confronting the killers

But you all say Igboho is fighting for his people in the right way and kanu is fighting in the wrong way, but Igboho has basically done all kanu has done

Can you now see the hypocrisy, can you now see these men hands were tied to do what they did because fulanis who are bent on exterminating their people don't dialogue but need force and the security is aiding them to it

Re: Fight Banditry, Insurgency, Not Kanu, Umar Tells FG by Joromi1: 8:22am On Jul 08, 2021
ba7man:
This is why we need history lessons. You know little about him.

I'm disgusted by anyone that feels such a character is worth of leading their cause.

Until people like you start looking beyond party to credible political actors, Nigeria will always have problem.

Mind you, I support Tinubu to the core. So if I decide to vote for him under APC I'm voting because it's Tinubu, not APC. Which is to say, even if Tinubu moves to APGA, I'll go with him. I can also decide to vote for another candidate of my choice at the governorship level under a different party. So to me, the person comes first before the party. Unfortunately, it's not the same for most of you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

POLITICS What IPOB, Yoruba Agitators Are Doing ‘ll Be Child’s Play. / Aisha Muhammadu Buhari Rides Train From Kaduna To Abuja-photo / This Is Awgu, Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.