Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,478 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Relocating To Gambia - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To Gambia (49079 Views)

My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist / Travelling To Gambia? Join Me / Man Deported To Gambia After 20 Years In US For Lack Of Papers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocating To Gambia by Bukkyc: 9:44am On Aug 26, 2022
GoodIsGod:

If you read through this thread you should know how to get there. Didn't you go through all the comments?

Writing an epistle all over again is not easy.
I am sure you can't spend up to half of the airfare if you go by road. But by road has its disadvantages. There are people who would try to extort you at every border and Nigerian guys are part of them. Don't trust anybody whether they speak your Nigerian dialect or not. Yoruba o or Igbo or Hausa. The Hausas are not as bad as Yoruba guys and Igbos but don't trust anyone. You can relate with other passengers in the bus and get some info from them but be very wise.

Change a large sum into dollars. Keep it somewhere in your body. A place where even border officers can't see it. Dollar is easy to hide because it can't be voluminous.

Change like 100k to Cefas and keep it well. It's from that you pay for bus fare and food you buy on the way. Never leave Naija with Naira. Change your in Naija before you leave except the one you want to change to Cefas. That one you'll change at Cotonou to Cefas.

If you go by air no hassles. Change all your money to dollars only. Hide the large some and keep small dollar note of 10 dollars ,five dollars in your purse. Their immigration too are corrupt. I they wan trouble you just drop 5dolls or ten and tell them that's all you have on. If they know you have large some of dollars they might want to extort you further.

Stay blessed.
Tired of typing.
I am so grateful for your response and please don't mind my repetition oo. I believed that if I can ask and listen to instructions now will be good for me not to make mistake over there.
Please kindly bear with me.
I have gone through all the messages about Gambia relocation but please I want to know about accommodation like how much and also about their food too.
thanks
Re: Relocating To Gambia by CODDLY: 12:03pm On Aug 26, 2022
Bukkyc:

Thanks, what am trying to say is that I want to go to Gambia, I have my ECOWAS Passport and I won't mind if I can get teaching job for the time that I will be there. But what I need now is that how to get there maybe by road or by air. Just that when I checked for the flight from here to Gambia is around 400k which its too expensive for me. That's why I need advice and also concerning how to get accommodation too.
Thanks
Pls, how and where did you get your ECOWAS Passport?
Re: Relocating To Gambia by Bukkyc: 2:11pm On Aug 26, 2022
CODDLY:

immigration office at alausa Ikeja Lagos
Re: Relocating To Gambia by GoodIsGod: 11:26pm On Aug 26, 2022
Bukkyc:

I am so grateful for your response and please don't mind my repetition oo. I believed that if I can ask and listen to instructions now will be good for me not to make mistake over there.
Please kindly bear with me.
I have gone through all the messages about Gambia relocation but please I want to know about accommodation like how much and also about their food too.
thanks

See. Anywhere you go in Africa know one thing for good. There is no country like naija. In all things. So, you may not enjoy things like you do in naija. Take for instance, Naija has varieties of food. We can't even name them. They are too much. But in Gambia, there food is like three or four. Bread and Rice are the major. The other foods are made from rice so as a good as you are still eating rice. Although you will get used to it. But not to scare you. Most Nigerians eat in Nigerian restaurants and it is not too costly. So you are not really limited when it comes to food if you patronize Nigerian restaurants and cook your own foods. Chicken and turkey was cheap I don't know of now. We ate chicken and turkey to the extent that we were bored. Everyone started looking for Pọnmọ ( they call it Kanda)

House in Gambia is a bit on the high side. But you will be able to afford it. You will only go for the ones in your level.

Stay blessed.

Sorry for typos.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Gambia by Louisbiz(m): 8:23am On Aug 27, 2022
https:// /3CCYHRL
Re: Relocating To Gambia by Louisbiz(m): 8:24am On Aug 27, 2022
https://b it.ly/3CCYHRL

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Gambia by AAAD(m): 9:33am On Aug 27, 2022
Bukkyc:

Thanks, what am trying to say is that I want to go to Gambia, I have my ECOWAS Passport and I won't mind if I can get teaching job for the time that I will be there. But what I need now is that how to get there maybe by road or by air. Just that when I checked for the flight from here to Gambia is around 400k which its too expensive for me. That's why I need advice and also concerning how to get accommodation too.
Thanks

You can fly through airsenegal as that is less expensive. Around 200k.
And I seriously hope you hv accommodation as that is the most challenging thing. But for the job, it is very sure that in less than a month you will get a teaching job

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Gambia by Bukkyc: 11:28am On Aug 27, 2022
GoodIsGod:

See. Anywhere you go in Africa know one thing for good. There is no country like naija. In all things. So, you may not enjoy things like you do in naija. Take for instance, Naija has varieties of food. We can't even name them. They are too much. But in Gambia, there food is like three or four. Bread and Rice are the major. The other foods are made from rice so as a good as you are still eating rice. Although you will get used to it. But not to scare you. Most Nigerians eat in Nigerian restaurants and it is not too costly. So you are not really limited when it comes to food if you patronize Nigerian restaurants and cook your own foods. Chicken and turkey was cheap I don't know of now. We ate chicken and turkey to the extent that we were bored. Everyone started looking for Pọnmọ ( they call it Kanda)

House in Gambia is a bit on the high side. But you will be able to afford it. You will only go for the ones in your level.

Stay blessed.

Sorry for typos.

Thanks so much, I'm grateful, I will keep everything in mind.
Re: Relocating To Gambia by Bukkyc: 11:30am On Aug 27, 2022
AAAD:

And I seriously hope you hv accommodation as that is the most challenging thing. But for the job, it is very sure that in less than a month you will get a teaching job

OK thanks so much and my major issue is that accommodation. It is well, thanks
Re: Relocating To Gambia by Kamkamdd: 11:52am On Aug 27, 2022
AAAD:

Really, air Senegal! I don't even know Senegal has airways. Thanks for the information.
Re: Relocating To Gambia by Kamkamdd: 11:55am On Aug 27, 2022
CODDLY:

From immigration passport offices of course but without NIN, na wahala. Infact no way, I saw pepper to renew my passport.
Re: Relocating To Gambia by CODDLY: 12:22pm On Aug 27, 2022
Kamkamdd:

From immigration passport offices of course but without NIN, na wahala. Infact no way, I saw pepper to renew my passport.
I'm not talking of the Nigerian Int'l passport but the West African (ECOWAS) passport.
Re: Relocating To Gambia by Kamkamdd: 2:46pm On Aug 28, 2022
CODDLY:
I'm not talking of the Nigerian Int'l passport but the West African (ECOWAS) passport.

I'm talking about ecowas passport. Dat's wat Nigerian passport is. At least mine is ecowas passport and it was issued to me by Nigerian immigration in their office.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Gambia by ObaIgwe1: 8:29pm On Aug 28, 2022
Bukkyc:

OK thanks so much and my major issue is that accommodation. It is well, thanks

Do you know someone in Gambia?

It is always good to know someone already there who can help you settle down and show you the way.

Also teaching jobs don't really pay that much in Gambia to be able to afford "good" accommodation. Most teachers share apartments. Reason I suggest it will be better for you to know a good Gambia resident before moving.

Finally, it is tough for a single girl to enter Gambia without knowing anyone in Gambia at the moment. "Our Sisters" have flooded that country like a cupboard invested roaches with their runs business. Every where in Gambia cities you turn at night, you find them in batches and you cannot mistake them, especially with their colored hairs and wigs. Presently Gambia Government with Nigeria Embassy in Gambia are raiding them from the streets with plans to deport them....So they thoroughly scrutinize every lady coming in through all their point of entrance. My Friend and I had to help 2 Nigerian ladies who were in the same flight with us last month when Gambia immigration threatened to deport back another girl who had no invitee in Gambia.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Gambia by IceTrice01: 3:51am On Dec 22, 2022
Obynolee:

Space booked,I am seriously planning to relocate also

Have you gone?
Re: Relocating To Gambia by IceTrice01: 7:39pm On Dec 22, 2022
Ever8090:
you try..I have 2,000...

You try sef,me I have 20k and I've made up my mind to embark on the journey next week, it may just take me long but I'll get there, bcus I'll be doing side jobs on the way to gather more transport before taking the next bus. God be with me ��
Re: Relocating To Gambia by Munachimso30(m): 12:52pm On Dec 28, 2022
IceTrice01:

You try sef,me I have 20k and I've made up my mind to embark on the journey next week, it may just take me long but I'll get there, bcus I'll be doing side jobs on the way to gather more transport before taking the next bus. God be with me ��

You are about to make a very huge mistake in ya life, naija haven’t got up to that stage, this isn’t jungle, you haven’t been to Gambia to know how things is, never forget it’s the same Africa same leaders
Thanks
Re: Relocating To Gambia by Odingo1: 6:53pm On Dec 28, 2022
Nothing is in Gambia, some low paid teaching jobs and nothing. Hustling in Nigeria is better.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Gambia by Moxiez(f): 5:12pm On Feb 21
ObaIgwe1:

Do you know someone in Gambia?

It is always good to know someone already there who can help you settle down and show you the way.

Also teaching jobs don't really pay that much in Gambia to be able to avoid "good" accommodation. Most teachers share apartments. Reason I suggest it will be better for you to know a good Gambia resident before moving.

H

Finally, it is tough for a single girl to enter Gambia without knowing anyone in Gambia at the moment. "Our Sisters" have flooded that country like a cupboard invested roaches with their runs business. Every where in Gambia cities you turn at night, you find them in batches and you cannot mistake them, especially with their colored hairs and wigs. Presently Gambia Government with Nigeria Embassy in Gambia are raiding them from the streets with plans to deport them....So they thoroughly scrutinize every lady coming in through all their point of entrance. My Friend and I had to help 2 Nigerian ladies who were in the same flight with us last month when Gambia immigration threatened to deport back another girl who had no invitee in Gambia.

Hello good day… please how can you help me with accommodation… I intend coming to teach
Re: Relocating To Gambia by Moxiez(f): 10:27am On Feb 22
Chibueze775:
no job, just business

How’s it going over there bro… I am planning to come to come over will need some guide whatsapp zero eight one three four two nine five two eight three
Re: Relocating To Gambia by ObaIgwe1: 12:42pm On Feb 22
Moxiez:

Hello good day… please how can you help me with accommodation… I intend coming to teach

I don't live in Gambia, I only visit frequently. And the people I know living there will definitely have a reservation accommodating a total stranger. Except you are going with enough money to rent.

So I guess you don't know anybody in Gambia, then why are you planning to japa exactly to Gambia?

Have you gotten a teaching job there already?
Re: Relocating To Gambia by Moxiez(f): 1:17pm On Feb 22
ObaIgwe1:

I don't live in Gambia, I only visit frequently. And the people I know living there will definitely have a reservation accommodating a total stranger. Except you are going with enough money to rent.

So I guess you don't know anybody in Gambia, then why are you planning to japa exactly to Gambia?

Have you gotten a teaching job there already?

Aahhh… you still dey ask why Gambia? E no better make I be 2nd class citizen in smiling coast than in this jungle called nigeria?

Wetin I wan do with #150k salary in this country with police harassing people everywhere. I dey find another job so e better make I go find am where fish is cheap.

As I no get country, I get choice of where to be 2nd class citizen naa… abi you get better affordable option, or funding support for me?
Re: Relocating To Gambia by ObaIgwe1: 2:02pm On Feb 22
Moxiez:

Aahhh… you still dey ask why Gambia? E no better make I be 2nd class citizen in smiling coast than in this jungle called nigeria?

Wetin I wan do with #150k salary in this country with police harassing people everywhere. I dey find another job so e better make I go find am where fish is cheap.

As I no get country, I get choice of where to be 2nd class citizen naa… abi you get better cheaper option or funding support for me?

Lol, I understand why many people dey japa, what I was asking is why are you japa-ing to Gambia in particular and not any other country? I know Gambia currency is strong, i think 1 Gambian Dalasis is now N25, but Gambia economy is small, a country of about 2.5 Million population, less than Alimosho LGA population. There are not many jobs in Gambia, but with good recommendation, you can get a Teaching job of 5k-8k dalasis depending on the subjects you can teach and how good you are.... Even though that salary range is about N125k - N200k, (as at now), rent alone will prolly take half of it, then consider feeding and transportation.... Except you get other side hustle sa.

You are better off, if you have someone in Gambia who can host you and show you around till you find your feet. Only Naija runs girls get accommodation almost immediately and resume work immediately.

I am not discouraging you at all, I just want you to be well informed so you can make a good plan. BTW, Flight to Gambia is about N700k-800k and even if you are going by road, you will need almost N500k for transportation and immigration stamps...
Re: Relocating To Gambia by Moxiez(f): 2:23pm On Feb 22
ObaIgwe1:

Lol, I understand why many people dey japa, what I was asking is why are you japa-ing to Gambia in particular and not any other country? I know Gambia currency is strong, i think 1 Gambian Dalasis is now N25, but Gambia economy is small, a country of about 2.5 Million population, less than Alimosho LGA population. There are not many jobs in Gambia, but with good recommendation, you can get a Teaching job of 5k-8k dalasis depending on the subjects you can teach and how good you are.... Even though that salary range is about N125k - N200k, (as at now), rent alone will prolly take half of it, then consider feeding and transportation.... Except you get other side hustle sa.

You are better off, if you have someone in Gambia who can host you and show you around till you find your feet. Only Naija runs girls get accommodation almost immediately and resume work immediately.

I am not discouraging you at all, I just want you to be well informed so you can make a good plan. BTW, Flight to Gambia is about N700k-800k and even if you are going by road, you will need almost N500k for transportation and immigration passes...

500K keehhh? Immigration pass ko… once I have my passport and yellow card even if na by leggedez my own is to reach there. I replied via mail check jare

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Is Oshodi The Most Popular Place In Lagos? / Bus Collides With A Lorry In Enugu, All Passengers Dead (Graphic Photos) / Nigerian Migrant Couple Kissing Aboard A Ship After Being Rescued from Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.