Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,992 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Closed Vagina! Please Help!!! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Closed Vagina! Please Help!!! (1046 Views)

Canadian Who Wants Both A Vagina & Penis Wins Funding For Surgery (Photos) / White Discharge From Vagina Please Help / Your Vagina Should Smell And If Your Man Doesn't Like It DUMP Him, Gynecologist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Closed Vagina! Please Help!!! by tatacherie: 8:34pm On Jul 08, 2021
Greetings NLanders

Please I'm soliciting for advice on this sensitive case pls no insult please I have cried enough for been such a careless mother

I just noticed this evening that my 3 years old daughter's vagina hole is totally closed like a healed wound after her caregiver drew my attention in school today that she has been scratching the place lately and suggested I check her. How come I didn't notice at home and she never complained is astonishing. As at 4 weeks ago the place was open how come it's totally sealed now I can't explain. I never noticed any infection or her scratching the place

I didn't give birth to her with a closed vagina ooo I'm totally scattered as I type. I've never heard of such all my life. I'm taking her to the clinic but I need ideas pls. Has anyone heard of this before? How was it managed?

Ejoor nor Waka pass I just need information on the name of such a condition and how it can be managed so I can confidently follow the doctors up make Dem nor go damage the place. My head is spinning cry

Godbless you all

Modified: We are currently at the child emergency clinic

Note: Finally the vagina opened up after a 2 weeks treatment! Although it closed again after 3 months, and reopened on its own. We've been assured everything will balance up once she attains puberty
I'm putting our outcome here for any parent that will experience this to find solace that there's hope for their child

Thanks everyone
Re: Closed Vagina! Please Help!!! by WiszyFraud: 8:38pm On Jul 08, 2021
Did you know??

Vaginal atresia is a condition in which the vagina is abnormally closed or absent. The main causes can either be complete vaginal hypoplasia, or a vaginal obstruction, often caused by an imperforate hymen or, less commonly, a transverse vaginal septum. It results in uterovaginal outflow tract obstruction.

This obstruction occurs when a wall of tissue blocks the opening of the vagina. Blockage can occur at many levels of the vaginal wall and can be complete or partial.

lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Closed Vagina! Please Help!!! by Faithfulness365: 8:38pm On Jul 08, 2021
Oh my goodness shocked
Re: Closed Vagina! Please Help!!! by TUANKU(m): 8:41pm On Jul 08, 2021
You need medical advice/help from a doctor/hospital asap, It's something that can be resolved easily with surgery.
Sending love and light to your little girl. She'll be fine.

6 Likes

Re: Closed Vagina! Please Help!!! by spinna: 8:42pm On Jul 08, 2021
unnecesary worry ..if she can pee comot ur mind.. se sha no use am now

1 Like

Re: Closed Vagina! Please Help!!! by SirIconR(m): 8:45pm On Jul 08, 2021
Go see a Doctor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Closed Vagina! Please Help!!! by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 08, 2021
The fact that her teacher was the one to notice shows that you don't really pay attention to your daughter's health. So many parents nowadays have I-don't-care attitude but are quick to raise alarm online when things go wrong.

You better take the poor girl to a pediatrician asap. Nairaland is not a hospital.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Closed Vagina! Please Help!!! by EzegeNdiigbo: 8:49pm On Jul 08, 2021
Hmmm undecided undecided
Re: Closed Vagina! Please Help!!! by tatacherie: 9:02pm On Jul 08, 2021
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

Vaginal atresia is a condition in which the vagina is abnormally closed or absent. The main causes can either be complete vaginal hypoplasia, or a vaginal obstruction, often caused by an imperforate hymen or, less commonly, a transverse vaginal septum. It results in uterovaginal outflow tract obstruction.

This obstruction occurs when a wall of tissue blocks the opening of the vagina. Blockage can occur at many levels of the vaginal wall and can be complete or partial.

lipsrsealed

This for responding. I'll read it up
Re: Closed Vagina! Please Help!!! by tatacherie: 9:03pm On Jul 08, 2021
TUANKU:
You need medical advice/help from a doctor/hospital asap, It's something that can be resolved easily with surgery.
Sending love and light to your little girl. She'll be fine.
Oh thanks for this reassuring hope. This means a lot to me now. Worry is already feasting on me

1 Like

Re: Closed Vagina! Please Help!!! by tatacherie: 9:07pm On Jul 08, 2021
Afriqan:
The fact that her teacher was the one to notice shows that you don't really pay attention to your daughter's health. So many parents nowadays have I-don't-care attitude but are quick to raise alarm online when things go wrong.

You better take the poor girl to a pediatrician asap. Nairaland is not a hospital.

Thank you
Re: Closed Vagina! Please Help!!! by CheerfulGiver: 9:08pm On Jul 08, 2021
Afriqan:

This.
Re: Closed Vagina! Please Help!!! by tatacherie: 9:08pm On Jul 08, 2021
SirIconR:
Go see a Doctor
We are there already thanks
Re: Closed Vagina! Please Help!!! by TUANKU(m): 9:14pm On Jul 08, 2021
tatacherie:

Oh thanks for this reassuring hope. This means a lot to me now. Worry is already feasting on me
Everything will be fine. Take her to hospital, there are also many organizations that will be willing to assist in such cases since it involves a little kid.
Please make it a priority to take her to hospital asap, it's very important you do that as early as tomorrow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Closed Vagina! Please Help!!! by tatacherie: 9:38pm On Jul 08, 2021
TUANKU:

Everything will be fine. Take her to hospital, there are also many organizations that will be willing to assist in such cases since it involves a little kid.
Please make it a priority to take her to hospital asap, it's very important you do that as early as tomorrow.
Thanks a heap

1 Like

Re: Closed Vagina! Please Help!!! by Kaybae(f): 9:56pm On Jul 08, 2021
Please take the innocent girl to the hospital asap, it is well with her. I pray there's going to be a solution.
Re: Closed Vagina! Please Help!!! by SirIconR(m): 10:46pm On Jul 08, 2021
tatacherie:

We are there already thanks
Ok nice one

1 Like

Re: Closed Vagina! Please Help!!! by Nobody: 2:29am On Jul 09, 2021
tatacherie:
Greetings NLanders

Please I'm soliciting for advice on this sensitive case pls no insult please I have cried enough for been such a careless mother

I just noticed this evening that my 3 years old daughter's vagina hole is totally closed like a healed wound after her caregiver drew my attention in school today that she has been scratching the place lately and suggested I check her. How come I didn't notice at home and she never complained is astonishing. As at 4 weeks ago the place was open how come it's totally sealed now I can't explain. I never noticed any infection or her scratching the place

I didn't give birth to her with a closed vagina ooo I'm totally scattered as I type. I've never heard of such all my life. I'm taking her to the clinic but I need ideas pls. Has anyone heard of this before? How was it managed?

Ejoor nor Waka pass I just need information on the name of such a condition and how it can be managed so I can confidently follow the doctors up make Dem nor go damage the place. My head is spinning cry

Godbless you all

Modified: We are currently at the child emergency clinic
Thanks
Relax ma. What I suspect happens to girls from 3 months to 6 years old. It is called Labial Adhesions.

Cause: Not really known, but most doctors say it is most likely caused by low Estrogen. It is the female hormone. She is still a child, and it is why some female children have it. So, naturally, estrogen increases as she grows older.

Madam it may take some time before it finally opens and at times, minor procedure may be required. Some doctors dont go for any procedure as long as it is not totally closed and the girl can still urinate. But in her case since you said she is already scratching the place, doctors may want to check for infection. You know that urine trapped there may have caused infection. So, in this case, depending on what they see, they may or may not opt for a manual procedure to open it. Normally, it should open as time goes on (can take up to a year), but cos of the infection, the doctor may want to go in now.

If no procedure is done, she might be given a cream containing estrogen to apply topically in the area. I really dont think they will give her hormonal tablets. It really depends.

I really do not think it is your fault or really carelessness. Just keep your head cool. The only issue here is infection which is not good. She may be given antibiotics too. She may be asked to do virginal swab if its partially closed.

Anyway, just watch out for the real infection there. Yeast can be present too.

Give the girl more attention. God that gave you the child knows her future. And she will live to fulfill her destiny. Pray for her and her siblings always.

It is well.

3 Likes

Re: Closed Vagina! Please Help!!! by Nobody: 2:30am On Jul 09, 2021
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

lipsrsealed
You are wrong. Didn't you read where the mother said it was opened 4 weeks ago? And this one you mentioned is a defect from child birth.

1 Like

Re: Closed Vagina! Please Help!!! by tatacherie: 5:26am On Jul 09, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Relax ma. What I suspect happens to girls from 3 months to 6 years old. It is called Labial Adhesions.

Cause: Not really known, but most doctors say it is most likely caused by low Estrogen. It is the female hormone. She is still a child, and it is why some female children have it. So, naturally, estrogen increases as she grows older.

Madam it may take some time before it finally opens and at times, minor procedure may be required. Some doctors dont go for any procedure as long as it is not totally closed and the girl can still urinate. But in her case since you said she is already scratching the place, doctors may want to check for infection. You know that urine trapped there may have caused infection. So, in this case, depending on what they see, they may or may not opt for a manual procedure to open it. Normally, it should open as time goes on (can take up to a year), but cos of the infection, the doctor may want to go in now.

If no procedure is done, she might be given a cream containing estrogen to apply topically in the area. I really dont think they will give her hormonal tablets. It really depends.

I really do not think it is your fault or really carelessness. Just keep your head cool. The only issue here is infection which is not good. She may be given antibiotics too. She may be asked to do virginal swab if its partially closed.

Anyway, just watch out for the real infection there. Yeast can be present too.

Give the girl more attention. God that gave you the child knows her future. And she will live to fulfill her destiny. Pray for her and her siblings always.

It is well.
Oh wow! Thanks so so much for this detailed explanation. And for not crucifying me too. People are already doing that that's why I feel so bad for not paying 100% attention . I cried all night thinking it's a life threatening condition. I'm really relieved now. Thanks for taking out time to reply. Godbless you

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Desperately In Need Of A Dental Clinic. / Suggestions On Slimming Down / About Edmark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.