Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Pls I Need Your Advice - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pls I Need Your Advice (715 Views)

Pharmacy Students Pls I Need Your Advice Urgently / Pls I Need Your Assistance In This Nigeria Prison Service Replacement Procedure. / My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Your Advice by Benard5050: 12:17pm On Jul 09, 2021
Pls friends this story is long but I will try my best to summarize it...

After staying at home for 9months after Nysc without a job, a woman who is a family friend told me to come and teach in her school, this was timely as I was getting depressed due to my joblessness...

I relocated to d town which is a rural area, and but with time I adapted. She's has been doing well to me to d extent of even bringing lunch for me every day.

I've been doing this job for 2 years now but there's no significant progress and my life. I'll be 29yrs in a fews days from now but still not ok with d way my life is...

I had a plan to get a loan of 200k from family and friends to open a laundry business in the town I'm teaching as d business is not common there and I wish to use d opportunity to explore this.

My great concern is how will my boss react if I resign and she noticed I'm not going home but staying in her then doing laundry business.

She pays me 20k per month for teaching in her school, she even made me V.Principal and increased my salary by 5k of recent.

Guys pls advised me on what to do that will not hurt anyone....

I need to go into business so I can have proper planning for myself and my future.
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 09, 2021
Benard5050:

After staying at home for 9months after Nysc without a job, a woman who is a family friend told me to come and teach in her school, this was timely as I was getting depressed due to my joblessness...

I relocated to d town which is a rural area, and but with time I adapted. She's has been doing well to me to d extent of even bringing lunch for me every day.

I've been doing this job for 2 years now but there's no significant progress and my life. I'll be 29yrs in a fews days from now but still not ok with d way my life is...

I had a plan to get a loan of 200k from family and friends to open a laundry business in the town I'm teaching as d business is not common there and I wish to use d opportunity to explore this.

My great concern is how will my boss react if I resign and she noticed I'm not going home but staying in her then doing laundry business.

She pays me 20k per month for teaching in her school, she even made me V.Principal and increased my salary by 5k of recent.

I need to go into business so I can have proper planning for myself and my future.

Bro,stop wasting your time, I have solutions for you anyway.. I'm a female and I'm proud of what I earn weekly with the digital skills I have smiley
All those little money you earn ,these money problems would become a thing of the past if you are fully ready and Interested in following the steps I would be giving you..
I bet you wouldn't be in search of job anymore if you could learn any of the 3 digital skills I learnt.
Job keh,a lot of people are just hoping being employed with a job is the only way to make it.
No freedom, calling someone your boss,blah blah.
Why can't they learn digital skills so they can experience standard financial freedom,be their own boss sef.
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice by Nozino: 1:15am On Jul 10, 2021
Benard5050:

Since she’s nice, open up to her. Tell her the reason you want to leave. She will support you sef
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice by Benard5050: 1:47am On Jul 10, 2021
Nozino:

Since she’s nice, open up to her. Tell her the reason you want to leave. She will support you sef

Thanks
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice by zolajpower: 5:12am On Jul 10, 2021
Benard5050:

Thanks
She knows you will leave one day . So I will advice you give her notice ...... You might need her in future , especially for background check on any employment in future ( laundry job fit no pay all your bills) .
As you climb the ladder of success , always remember your little begining . You will need her tomorrow.
#GIVEHERNOTICE #DONTSHOCKURMADAM
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice by Benard5050: 6:18am On Jul 10, 2021
zolajpower:

She knows you will leave one day . So I will advice you give her notice ...... You might need her in future , especially for background check on any employment in future ( laundry job fit no pay all your bills) .
As you climb the ladder of success , always remember your little begining . You will need her tomorrow.
#GIVEHERNOTICE #DONTSHOCKURMADAM

I'll definitely do that
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice by Benard5050: 8:49am On Jul 10, 2021
Good morning
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice by CrazyMan(m): 5:47pm On Jul 10, 2021
Any employer paying his staff a salary of less than 30k to his employee naturally shouldn't expect him/her to stay there forever.

You're a man and you aren't getting any younger, sooner or later your aged parents will start bugging you to get married and settle down.

Back to your laundry business...I don't know your location, but to be honest with you laundry business is an urban area business. It doesn't move very well in rural areas, reason being that you don't have so much working class people there, and the few who are working earn peanuts which will make them feel that taking their laundry to the drycleaners is a waste of money.

If I'm to advise you, I'll tell you to look for a business in that location you know moves very well and engage in it.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice by Benard5050: 8:24pm On Jul 10, 2021
CrazyMan:
Any employer paying his staff a salary of less than 30k to his employee naturally shouldn't expect him/her to stay there forever.

You're a man and you aren't getting any younger, sooner or later your aged parents will start bugging you to get married and settle down.

Back to your laundry business...I don't know your location, but to be honest with you laundry business is an urban area business. It doesn't move very well in rural areas, reason being that you don't have so much working class people there, and the few who are working earn peanuts which will make them feel that taking their laundry to the drycleaners is a waste of money.

If I'm to advise you, I'll tell you to look for a business in that location you know moves very well and engage in it.

Good luck.

Thanks, sir for this...Truly, this place is a rural area but its development is so high at d moment, a bank to be opened next week and a tertiary institution is moving there very soon...

I just think it's better to be a lion in d jungle than a rat in d city....

There are some into laundry here but not serious with it... I plan to drive off d little competition and get myself settled as d main laundryman in d town...

(1) (Reply)

Which Job Should I Accept / Wow Finally Started My Graphics Design Please Rate My Work Fams / Need A Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.