Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,781 members, 7,817,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures (81064 Views)

Emefiele Apologizes To Nigerians For Online Transaction Failures (Video) / We Design Web/desktop & Mobile App, USSD Project, Software Etc / POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by deewhydoski(m): 6:26pm On Jul 09, 2021
I stopped using GTB SMS alert since 2018, all those #700 SMS alert deduction every month no be my thing. GT world app is what I have been using since

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by ThatFairGuy1: 6:27pm On Jul 09, 2021
You must be talking about First Bank undecided
NotBeenPaid:

GTB and its fraudsters employers are like bread and butter. One bank I hate the most.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by bhouze(m): 6:28pm On Jul 09, 2021
I used to be an advocate for Gt bank due to how thrilled i was with their services and professionalism. 22nd Dec 2020 money was withdrawn unanimously from my account. What helped me was my prompt dissabling of all mobile and internet services. I report to GtB and i was told that they will resolve in 45 working days. After a series of follow up that involved my time, money, inconveniencies of waiting long hours on queues till date the feedback i keep getting is they are still investigating
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by CUMIN: 6:28pm On Jul 09, 2021
You guys should try American banking system... it's archaic.

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by thejourney200: 6:28pm On Jul 09, 2021
These banks mention so much in profit and refuse promoting staff. The question is what percentage of the profit does it cost to promote staff? In my opinion less than 5%.

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 09, 2021
As if there is any good bank in this useless cantry, why pick out GTB? Thunder go soon fire the op or whoever dey sponsor this rubbish post. All naija banks are useless including the cbn that is specialized in printing money everyday. Even the ministry of finance that only knows how to borrow money.

4 Likes

Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by BitterTruth247: 6:29pm On Jul 09, 2021
In the land of the Blind, the one eyed man is a king. Among Nigerian Banks, GTBank is the King. Take it or leave it.

6 Likes

Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 09, 2021
Unexplainable charges.... Welcome to Nigeria where account maintenance fee of a fix deposit account is more than the interest rate of that same fix deposit account for a month
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by fredylee: 6:32pm On Jul 09, 2021
I think this is an attempt to de-market GTB, cos as far as I'm concerned these issues are infrequent, and are normal with all the banks I know.

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by Plut01: 6:32pm On Jul 09, 2021

This is a vendetta from some people in order to ruin GTB then later buy it........I do not trust some government cabal especially when I have already seen their internet miscreants on the first page spilling out hatred.

Anyways, that doesn't justify their uselessness

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 09, 2021
Globad:
Gtbank is getting it wrong. Customer service in the banking halls is zero. Customers stand for hours before being attended to.

Their staff are overworked and they refuse to employ more staff even when the bank is making money.

The last time I was in one of their banking halls, I spent over two hours and decided there and then that the suffering was enough. I simply transferred all my balances to another bank. There is no point closing accounts anymore. Just transferr your entire balance to another bank.

By the way, only a handful of banks in Nigeria have good customer service.

God bless you, you just say my mind
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by edgecution(m): 6:33pm On Jul 09, 2021
I cant relate. I am here in the United States and all my transactions has been through my GTB Online Banking or Mobile App. I have also never experienced any failure or delay in transaction. Everything i need i get on the app, just like Chase bank here.

As a matter of fact. Most Nigerian Banks are better than 80% of American banks. Most American banks cant do all these online stuffs banks do in NIGERIA.

7 Likes

Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by Emma1Oj(m): 6:36pm On Jul 09, 2021
Firstorderwizard:
I hope say my #1,120 is safe abii na to close the account undecided
guy u are funny o...
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by wolexter(m): 6:36pm On Jul 09, 2021
GTB remains the undisputed no 1 bank in Nigeria all round. Ain't nobody gon tell me nothing cos I have tested d waters.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by miclef86(m): 6:39pm On Jul 09, 2021
Zenith Bank too. Their mobile app is always disappointing
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 09, 2021
GT has never failed except that one time but they paid back abeg oga check which one your using the new and fancy or old and trustworthy your data could have been low thus making it slower or network issues due to weather

Them and standard chartered no wahala and they respond to messages …

The whole of banks need a seminar walahi customer satisfaction is 1.

Empathy is 2

Resolve 3

Follow up 4

Usually with banks go for the traditional app… the more things it has the more hang it go hang. Learn to love the banks your with
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by tivta(m): 6:44pm On Jul 09, 2021
Time to move my funds
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by slex(m): 6:44pm On Jul 09, 2021
Gtb... Useless bank

I hope my acct with them is dormant, very foolish bank.
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by BSsniffer: 6:44pm On Jul 09, 2021
I'd admit that they need to work on their customer service. but asides that their service is still the best. I basically have an account which I don't use a debit card but the *737# method and I've had practically no issues with them. I think it's a combination of network providers and the bank. GtBank is still the bank for most youths despite with the critics may say.

3 Likes

Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by hectorswag(m): 6:47pm On Jul 09, 2021
Greatzeus:
I have used GTB USSD code to transfer money 4 times today. It went smoothly and both parties received alerts. So I don't know what you talking about.
Same with me, I have no issues with the bank app or USSD code when making or receiving transfers. Highest delay I've experienced with transactions is usually resolved in less than 5 hours max. undecided

3 Likes

Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 09, 2021
Greatzeus:
I have used GTB USSD code to transfer money 4 times today. It went smoothly and both parties received alerts. So I don't know what you talking about.

GTB is far better than most of the Banks. This is just an attempt to tarnish the image of the GTB after several efforts have been made to attack the Bank by hackers. A lot of hackers specifically targeted GTB to bring the Bank down without success.

I have three other accounts, I can tell you GTB is far better than Access and Zenith Bank.

Network connection and services delay from latency problems or servers overloading are general problems. Buying of airtime and payment for services are better on GTB.

Despite several bad publicity on nairaland against GTB and planned attack by some people whose IDENTITY I will hide, GTB remains very strong.

I left Access Bank Ojodu with frustration today. Two weeks ago, I left the same Bank with frustration at another branch where customers are fighting security men .

5 Likes

Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by BSsniffer: 6:54pm On Jul 09, 2021
People would actually use their time just to write a hit piece against an institution just because of some stupid reason...... The wise ones see through the bs and we know the usual suspects. Let them not weep when the counter attacks start coming in.

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by durubennie(m): 6:55pm On Jul 09, 2021
Use kuda bank. Thank me later
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by Maj196(m): 6:58pm On Jul 09, 2021
I noticed it to, failed USSD transactions. GTB don dey fall hand seriously.
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by vincentjk(m): 7:00pm On Jul 09, 2021
After fighting innoson and you expect all to be well with you abi?
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by oyejole(m): 7:00pm On Jul 09, 2021
Globad:
Gtbank is getting it wrong. Customer service in the banking halls is zero. Customers stand for hours before being attended to.

Their staff are overworked and they refuse to employ more staff even when the bank is making money.

The last time I was in one of their banking halls, I spent over two hours and decided there and then that the suffering was enough. I simply transferred all my balances to another bank. There is no point closing accounts anymore. Just transferr your entire balance to another bank.

By the way, only a handful of banks in Nigeria have good customer service.

A handful means many.
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by GuntersChain(m): 7:02pm On Jul 09, 2021
With the way the complain is going maybe is high time to switch to old general banks
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by AK481(m): 7:05pm On Jul 09, 2021
Listen to what the writer is not directly telling you.
App dev and devops never go hungry, they are petted and resign at every slight annoyance

1 Like

Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by pseudosma: 7:06pm On Jul 09, 2021
That's what You get when their only priority is to post billions in dividends at year end to impress their never satisfying share holders
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 09, 2021
hectorswag:

Same with me, I have no issues with the bank app or USSD code when making or receiving transfers. Highest delay I've experienced with transactions is usually resolved in less than 5 hours max. undecided

Don't mind them, It is a planned attack on GTB. I have several friends I have stopped giving them my GTB account number for transactions because of their planned concentrated hatred and attacks on GTB. Instead I give them Access, Zenith or Keystone.

They will always tell me the account is not going. One accused me few years back that we were instructed to open GTB account. My very good friend selling telecom products at a popular market, Ojo, Lagos is one of them. Surprisingly, one day, I noticed his wife had a GTB account. The wife told me to be giving him other accounts and she told me the reason.

Agreed. GT Bank should work on services improvement , but the attacks are calculated attempt to tarnish the image of the Bank.

3 Likes

Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by Gbagura: 7:10pm On Jul 09, 2021
If you think GTBank is bad, try ecobank.
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by calebadeosun: 7:12pm On Jul 09, 2021
if anything happen to that bank na the useless CEO.He does not give a hoot what happen to his staff especially if u be contract staff.
Contract staff is like faeces to that man and he believes soldier comes soldier goes na him work be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Forex Trade Alerts - Season 4 / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.