Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience (17957 Views)

Corper Calls Out A Conductor Who Touched Her Vagina In Onitsha / Nursing Mother Drags A Conductor Who Slapped Her Over N50 / A Conductor Fights A Policeman In Oshodi, Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Tokskob2008: 7:09am On Jul 10, 2021
Bus conductors in Lagos are crazy set of individuals who don't use their brains, they rely mostly on their weed induced strength and most are weak ass fools just good at shouting and intimidation.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Futurecrypto1: 7:10am On Jul 10, 2021
xpressionx:
grin
A guy was in a hurry in Aba some years ago,he boarded a bus that the loaders were shouting port "2 chance" and they collected money from him immediately.
When one person enter,someone comes down,and it continued like that,then it dawned on him that it was the agbero staff that filled the bus.
The man that was in a hurry ended up spending over an hour there.
So he was shouting at them to give him back his money and the refused.

When the bus finally got filled,the agbero gave him back his money and asked to come down beche gas been shouting since and the man refused.

The agbero gave him a dirty slap,as he came down to fight they put another passenger in his seat and gave him back his money and the bus moved.

Since then I always open my eyes and observe anytime I visit aba to buy goods.
Enjoyed reading this.
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by sisisioge: 7:13am On Jul 10, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin

I cant fit laugh oooooo....its too early in the morrin.

Let me share my own. A gazillion years ago when buses still add N20 to fares , I took a bus from Tollgate to Ojodu Berger in Lagos. This should ordinarily be N50 but the conductor decided to add N20 because a lot of us were rushing to get to our destinations. As we moved along, I paid a N100 and expected N30 back but the conductor only had N20s change on him, he wasnt willing to give me two of them. This meant I would eventually pay N80 naira and I started making noise while analysing how he still wins if he gives me N40 instead of depriving me of the N10. Anyways, a very strong guy sitting beside me took it upon himself and they started talking rough. By the time I got to my destination, it has escalated to throwing punches! See me begging them to stop and offering to forfeit my change o....skin tearing, heavy punches for N10! Eventually, police came and arrested the two plus the driver. I tried to explain that the guy was innocent but they wouldnt listen. Eventually I had to leave with a very heavy heart and hoped all turns out well for the guy. Bad day...I honestly do not like joining issues with the silly conductors. It mostly doesnt end well.

By the way, sometimes I pity them. Their job is quite the hard one....they are exposed to all sorts of danger thus becoming dangerous themselves. It is not easy bellowing at the top of ones voice in the harsh sun while jumping up and down without becoming hardened. It is well.

21 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Emmerlee(m): 7:15am On Jul 10, 2021
phorget:

Similar incident happened to me at Onitcha some years back, if I had a gun I would have killed somebody that day. That singular act made me to hate the igbos till date.

Nah not enough to hate All igbos pls. These are idiotic street people and we have them in all tribes. Just a very tiny percentage of people misbehaving. Normal Igbos are also victims of their rubbish.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by temitope27(m): 7:18am On Jul 10, 2021
Thank God I no stay in Lagos so no insult from agbero

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by TheMostComplex1: 7:21am On Jul 10, 2021
phorget:

Similar incident happened to me at Onitcha some years back, if I had a gun I would have killed somebody that day. That singular act made me to hate the igbos till date.

Sorry about what happened to you but why don't you want to share the story.

Note all this wickedness happens everywhere but some states are too notorious for this
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Dahunsipaul(m): 7:23am On Jul 10, 2021
phorget:

Similar happened to me and my colleague, it was even night bus, had to go back to nnewi that night from onitsha

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Qatar2022: 7:25am On Jul 10, 2021
phorget:

Continue hating brother, people would have kill all the Yoruba bus conductor

10 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by gozzlin: 7:28am On Jul 10, 2021
Skyfornia:
grin grin Had an encounter once on my way to ojota, I gave this conductor N500 expecting N300 change, half way through the journey, this conductor is requesting for another money claiming I didn't give him money, and the lady who seated beside me whom would have confirmed my payment has already alighted from the bus.

I was boiling inside me with fiery rage while the conductor was putting up drama..as soon as I got to my bus stop, the conductor started shouting to the driver not to stop until I pay, but fortunately, another passenger was also stopping at the same bus stop so they had to stop, as I was struggling to come down, even ready to forfeit my N300 balance, the conductor dragged me, with the rage in me, I gave him an unexpected punch that blinded his vision at that moment...if you see the way the guy weak eh...even me shock. grin grin ;

All his gra gra just mellow down... finally they let me go.

Nah, I ain't buying that. You slapped a conductor and he let you go. Please give us the full gist.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 10, 2021
phorget:

A singular isolated incident involving agberos in Onitsha made you hate Igbos in general? Because agberos of other tribes will offer you coffee and champagne inside bus while you wait abi?

You need help!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by boolet: 7:30am On Jul 10, 2021
cheesy Laff wan wound me oooo cheesy cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Issues40(m): 7:30am On Jul 10, 2021
I remember a few years ago in Ibadan. I had just gone to withdraw some money from an ATM and had no other change with me. Intending to go to Dugbe, I took a cab from where I was and told the driver that I had no change. 'E wole" was the driver's reply. I was to pay 50 naira. I got to the bus stop and as soon as I highlighted, the man drove off with speed alongside my 950 naira change I didn't know if to shout thief or run after the cab. I just stood there by the road side totally confused.....

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by des4ella(m): 7:32am On Jul 10, 2021
Emeka71:
They are so smart.
It ain't smartness, it's insincerely and wickedness. It happened to me in Onitsha, Asaba and Port Harcourt hence the reason i prefer to travel with Branded Transport company.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Joydan95: 7:32am On Jul 10, 2021
Mine happened in Onitsha on my way to Delta state.I thank the most high for the touch of craze that use to come upon my head once in a while. I boarded vehicle with my younger sister, I already told her to behave rugged else they will give us “JJC” treatment there based on our Ajebo look .
I paid transport o, this guy refused to give me 800 Naira change.... This conductor was like “if I no wan give you change I no go give you” . I just laughed at first ....I asked him again and he said he will slap me. Na so I come down from bus, I start craze . I told the guy I will beat him to stupor and thereafter move him from there for further beating. Come and see other Agbero begging me, even people in the bus.
After the whole saga, my sister was like she has never seen me behave like that, One bros was like he never expected me acting that way based on my look. My dear if you are born and brought up in Lagos you have to receive first hand training in Agberoism else you go dey weep go house everyday.

13 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by gozzlin: 7:34am On Jul 10, 2021
phorget:

Aren't you silly? You hate Igbos cos of a singular act of a park lout? As if agberos are not the same everywhere in Nigeria, even moreso in Lagos?

Continue hating mofo, nobody cares.

10 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by TheMostComplex1: 7:37am On Jul 10, 2021
Agbero experience is usually not good. Whenever I remember it especially I could feel bad that something worst could have happened. From conductor telling my sister that he will beat her when we asked for our balance from Isolo to Cele bus stop.

When we were sitting for GCE in surulere & conductor disappeared with our change or balance of #500 leaving us stranded.

Is it when I was coming back from Maryland & I even paid for a colleague's fee that alighted before Cele bus stop but when I stopped at Cele the conductor refused to give me my balance & I didn't know when I held the staring.
I have had many bad experiences.
But in all I thank that he always takes charge.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by femijay8271(m): 7:39am On Jul 10, 2021
Haa ! Many times angry
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by udemzyudex(m): 7:39am On Jul 10, 2021
Life inside lagos grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Kevinsamba: 7:40am On Jul 10, 2021
Will you close your mouth lipsrsealed
Carry your serious Life comot hia abeg.
Realtalk20:
This is a strange thread indeed

What a way to start the weekend by recounting how a bus conductor slapped you and looking for other fellows who have been slapped by conductors ? Why, to form a union of people who conductors slapped?

I don't understand what is happening on this forum again. Is it a lack of quality content or what ?

Of what Value to humanity or animals is this information going to be?

Why not kuku turn this forum to an x-rated site so we can finally confirm that it is dead indeed?

17 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by des4ella(m): 7:40am On Jul 10, 2021
phorget:

Hate is a very strong word to use against an ethnic group cos of an incident that is not peculiar to them alone. Even your village people wey dey do Agbero for park dey do am, Oya hate them too...Mr Hate!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Komu1048(m): 7:41am On Jul 10, 2021
Mynd44:
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1413552612394233856.html

@op Oloribu means an unfortunate being and not ‘head of ibu’

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Realtalk20: 7:41am On Jul 10, 2021
Kevinsamba:
Will you close your mouth lipsrsealed
Carry your serious Life comot hia abeg.

Okay tell us how many times conductors have slapped senses into you since of all things you could use your time to do this is the most important?!!!!!

Wow !! What a way to waste one's life indeed grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by TheMostComplex1: 7:43am On Jul 10, 2021
des4ella:
It ain't smartness, it's insincerely and wickedness. It happened to me in Onitsha, Asaba and Port Harcourt hence the reason i prefer to travel with Branded Transport company.

It's wickedness & heartlessness.

Me I prefer branded buses too. But sometimes those guys can be kind oooooh
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Agbaba21: 7:50am On Jul 10, 2021
We have been married for 11 years now and we have two daughters and one boy. Our family is quiet a happy one. My husband is a good provider and I am flourishing in my job.
I recently noticed that my husband has been looking at my daughter quiet oddly. The other day I caught him looking at her small breasts.
To read more, visit the link in this picture

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Baba40(f): 7:51am On Jul 10, 2021
Issues40:
I remember a few years ago in Ibadan. I had just gone to withdraw some money from an ATM and had no other change with me. Intending to go to Dugbe, I took a cab from where I was and told the driver that I had no change. 'E wole" was the driver's reply. I was to pay 50 naira. I got to the bus stop and as soon as I highlighted, the man drove off with speed alongside my 950 naira change I didn't know if to shout thief or run after the cab. I just stood there by the road side totally confused.....

Ibadan? Ibadan people are modest ooo
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by udemzyudex(m): 7:51am On Jul 10, 2021
Skyfornia:
grin grin Had an encounter once on my way to ojota, I gave this conductor N500 expecting N300 change, half way through the journey, this conductor is requesting for another money claiming I didn't give him money, and the lady who seated beside me whom would have confirmed my payment has already alighted from the bus.

I was boiling inside me with fiery rage while the conductor was putting up drama..as soon as I got to my bus stop, the conductor started shouting to the driver not to stop until I pay, but fortunately, another passenger was also stopping at the same bus stop so they had to stop, as I was struggling to come down, even ready to forfeit my N300 balance, the conductor dragged me, with the rage in me, I gave him an unexpected punch that blinded his vision at that moment...if you see the way the guy weak eh...even me shock. grin grin ;

All his gra gra just mellow down... finally they let me go.

Lol.. Most of them na mouth, I remember boarding a bus from national (ikeja) to egbeda.
The tf is #100 and he didn't even tell me anything when I entered.

When we got half way, he ask for money and I gave him #100, the conductor started saying his money is #150, at first I didn't answer him, I kept my money with me.

He was ranting saying he will collect his #150, I didn't even answer him, I gave him the #100 and he still refuse to collect it.

I told him from ikeja to egbeda is #100, that's the amount I always pay, he should have told me the tf is #150 before I entered.

He started saying I'm challenging him, he won't collect that #100 from me and I must pay him #150
I told him when I get to last bus stop we will see what will happen grin, after some minutes, I gave him back the #100 and he collected it from grin

In my mind I was like, you want to see craze, you think I'll fall for those nonsense trick grin cheesy cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by OsusTroller: 7:52am On Jul 10, 2021
Iceyjayzz:
I remember my ordeal with one years ago, I could remember vividly I was in high school, SS1 precisely then and the conductor wanted to play smart, he thought because i look like one fresh ajebutter then he could mess with me; I gave this hoodlum 500 Naira to drop me at my bus stop and he was to give me change of 420

but immediately I asked him after we were close to my bus stop, this guy started denying that I didn't give him 500 naira blah blah blah, he started cursing and I immediately changed it for him, I told him and the driver that if they didn't give me my change that the danfo will not go anywhere, infact I was ready to brawl with the agberoish conductor that stinks from excessive weed and dry gin, the few passengers left inside the danfo started begging until they gave me my change and I left them..

When I got home and narrated everything that transpired to my mom, she was angry and was like "what if something terrible happened to me, what if i got hurt blah blah".

But the fact is that if you aren't smart in Lagos, alot of people will take advantage of you, you have to be street smart and shine your eyes if you want to survive in Lagos.
... THAT HEAD OF IBU GOT ME shocked cheesy cheesy

Olodo niyin sar!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:53am On Jul 10, 2021
Suddenly, the guy dragged his slippers off the conductors hand then jump down. Conductor ran after him shouting “ Oloriibu wa sanwo mi jor” ( Head of ibu, come and pay my money jor).
Hehehehe grin cheesy wink grin cheesy wink
Lol@Head of Ibu,
This part really cracked us up.
We don laff tire for area!!!
grin cheesy wink grin cheesy wink

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Baba40(f): 7:55am On Jul 10, 2021
sisisioge:
grin grin grin grin grin grin

I cant fit laugh oooooo....its too early in the morrin.

Let me share my own. A gazillion years ago when buses still add N20 to fares , I took a bus from Tollgate to Ojodu Berger in Lagos. This should ordinarily be N50 but the conductor decided to add N20 because a lot of us were rushing to get to our destinations. As we moved along, I paid a N100 and expected N30 back but the conductor only had N20s change on him, he wasnt willing to give me two of them. This meant I would eventually pay N80 naira and I started making noise while analysing how he still wins if he gives me N40 instead of depriving me of the N10. Anyways, a very strong guy sitting beside me took it upon himself and they started talking rough. By the time I got to my destination, it has escalated to throwing punches! See me begging them to stop and offering to forfeit my change o....skin tearing, heavy punches for N10! Eventually, police came and arrested the two plus the driver. I tried to explain that the guy was innocent but they wouldnt listen. Eventually I had to leave with a very heavy heart and hoped all turns out well for the guy. Bad day...I honestly do not like joining issues with the silly conductors. It mostly doesnt end well.

By the way, sometimes I pity them. Their job is quite the hard one....they are exposed to all sorts of danger thus becoming dangerous themselves. It is not easy bellowing at the top of ones voice in the harsh sun while jumping up and down without becoming hardened. It is well.

You just made me suffer that day.. I have been looking for you oooo. It is well.
Sisisioge

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Coded081(m): 7:55am On Jul 10, 2021
[quote author=Emeka71 post=103551691]They are so smart.

That's not smart man it's pure wickedness

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by sisisioge: 7:56am On Jul 10, 2021
Baba40:

You just made me suffer that day.. I have been looking for you oooo. It is well.
Sisisioge

grin cheesy grin

Broda! I've been looking for you to at least kiss away your bruises. How is the scar on your forehead doing?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

US Court Postpones Sentencing Of Fraudster Hushpuppi To November 7 / Facebook User Defrauds Nigerian Policemen Seeking Promotion / Two Car Thieves Apprehended In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.