Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,125 members, 7,818,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience (17955 Views)

Corper Calls Out A Conductor Who Touched Her Vagina In Onitsha / Nursing Mother Drags A Conductor Who Slapped Her Over N50 / A Conductor Fights A Policeman In Oshodi, Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Mynd44: 5:58am On Jul 10, 2021
Inside Danfo this evening at Ketu, a guy refused to pay, so the conductor removed his two palm slippers in a struggle. The guy kept dragging with the conductor that he’s not going to pay. Because of the noise, I told the conductor to remove 200 Naira from my 300 Naira change..

with him. He replied[b] “egbon e ma worry, eleyi ma sanwo mi ki o to bole ni Ketu yi seh, aijebe, ko ni gba bata e” (Bros, no worry, this one will pay me himself before alighting at this Ketu, else he won’t collect his palm slippers). So I didn’t bother. I kept quiet watching them..[/b]

Suddenly, the guy dragged his slippers off the conductors hand then jump down. Conductor ran after him shouting “Oloriibu wa sanwo mi jor” (Head of ibu, come and pay my money jor).

After further dragging on the ground, he finally let go then came into the bus to continue...
the journey to Mile 12.

I asked for my change and this guy gave me 100 Naira.

I said “kileleyi” (what’s this?), he replied “shebi eyin le sope kin yo owo bobo yen leekan” (were you not the one who said I should remove that guy’s money from your change the other time?)...

Bobo, that offer expired immediately you said I should not worry. Give me my 300. That’s how we started dragging again till we reach Mile 12. He sha gave me my 300, i came down but suddenly heard twai on my cheek and it’s this conductor giving me a sound slap as the bus drove by.
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1413552612394233856.html

90 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Iceyjayzz(m): 6:02am On Jul 10, 2021
I remember my ordeal with one years ago, I could remember vividly I was in high school, SS1 precisely then and the conductor wanted to play smart, he thought because i look like one fresh ajebutter then he could mess with me; I gave this hoodlum 500 Naira to drop me at my bus stop and he was to give me change of 420

but immediately I asked him after we were close to my bus stop, this guy started denying that I didn't give him 500 naira blah blah blah, he started cursing and I immediately changed it for him, I told him and the driver that if they didn't give me my change that the danfo will not go anywhere, infact I was ready to brawl with the agberoish conductor that stinks from excessive weed and dry gin, the few passengers left inside the danfo started begging until they gave me my change and I left them..

When I got home and narrated everything that transpired to my mom, she was angry and was like "what if something terrible happened to me, what if i got hurt blah blah".

But the fact is that if you aren't smart in Lagos, alot of people will take advantage of you, you have to be street smart and shine your eyes if you want to survive in Lagos.

114 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Nuelito: 6:14am On Jul 10, 2021
Life in Lagos is totally different from life in any other part of the world.

Na katakata zone e be......if person no step ontop your toes....you fit mistakenly step on someone's own.

Just be wise and pray for oluwa's guidance

51 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by xpressionx(m): 6:22am On Jul 10, 2021
grin
A guy was in a hurry in Aba some years ago,he boarded a bus that the loaders were shouting port "2 chance" and they collected money from him immediately.
When one person enter,someone comes down,and it continued like that,then it dawned on him that it was the agbero staff that filled the bus.
The man that was in a hurry ended up spending over an hour there.
So he was shouting at them to give him back his money and the refused.

When the bus finally got filled,the agbero gave him back his money and asked to come down beche gas been shouting since and the man refused.

The agbero gave him a dirty slap,as he came down to fight they put another passenger in his seat and gave him back his money and the bus moved.

Since then I always open my eyes and observe anytime I visit aba to buy goods.

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Skyfornia(m): 6:24am On Jul 10, 2021
grin grin Had an encounter once on my way to ojota, I gave this conductor N500 expecting N300 change, half way through the journey, this conductor is requesting for another money claiming I didn't give him money, and the lady who seated beside me whom would have confirmed my payment has already alighted from the bus.

I was boiling inside me with fiery rage while the conductor was putting up drama..as soon as I got to my bus stop, the conductor started shouting to the driver not to stop until I pay, but fortunately, another passenger was also stopping at the same bus stop so they had to stop, as I was struggling to come down, even ready to forfeit my N300 balance, the conductor dragged me, with the rage in me, I gave him an unexpected punch that blinded his vision at that moment...if you see the way the guy weak eh...even me shock. grin grin ;

All his gra gra just mellow down... finally they let me go.

87 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by WhiteIverson: 6:35am On Jul 10, 2021
Anything for clout

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Shellsploit: 6:35am On Jul 10, 2021
Same incidence happened to me at awkusu junction yesterday evening....

But we mooove in utter disdain!
Mynd44 sef!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by phorget(m): 6:48am On Jul 10, 2021
xpressionx:
grin
A guy was in a hurry in Aba some years ago,he boarded a bus that the loaders were shouting port "2 chance" and they collected money from him immediately.
When one person enter,someone comes down,and it continued like that,then it dawned on him that it was the agbero staff that filled the bus.
The man that was in a hurry ended up spending over an hour there.
So he was shouting at them to give him back his money and the refused.

When the bus finally got filled,the agbero gave him back his money and asked to come down beche gas been shouting since and the man refused.

The agbero gave him a dirty slap,as he came down to fight they put another passenger in his seat and gave him back his money and the bus moved.

Since then I always open my eyes and observe anytime I visit aba to buy goods.

Similar incident happened to me at Onitcha some years back, if I had a gun I would have killed somebody that day. That singular act made me to hate the igbos till date.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by lagusboyyy(m): 6:54am On Jul 10, 2021
Anybody that can survive in lagos, will most definitely, survive in any city in the world.

Too much drama dey lagos abeg.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Nobody: 6:54am On Jul 10, 2021
Nope.
Promote your goods for free on google, check my profile
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by xpressionx(m): 6:54am On Jul 10, 2021
My brother was once carried by agbero forcefully to another direction and his luggage was heading to another direction by 2 rival bus companies.
He was screaming,they told him to calm down,that where ever he is,there his bag will be.

grin

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by iamyemiakins(m): 6:57am On Jul 10, 2021
Make I collect my change from this bike man fess

23 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Emeka71(m): 6:57am On Jul 10, 2021
Majority of the time I don't usually enter danfo because I used to ride my bicycle and so I am less insulted by them inside the bus but though I am still insulted by them on my saddle especially when the danfo-drivers are driving mad and I'm hurrying with them.
@lalasticlala ; this topic should be in the travels section.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Nezzjnr: 6:57am On Jul 10, 2021
Lol

If you have ever happened enter those star buses from Mile2 to Oshodi you'll relate

Let me try and narrate some few stories I can remember

1. There was this evening I was inside one of those Star buses at Oshodi.. When it got filled up... Those regular drug marketers started with their normal Bullshit yarns cheesy cheesy.... After cracking Jokes... No one bought his drugs... Baba started pleading with the Conductor cheesy cheesy... The Driver was sympathetic enough to tell him to join the Conductor and hang on one of the doors cheesy cheesy... See Man wey wear Senators dey shout Cele Mile2 cheesy cheesy

2. Entered a Bus from Oshodi going to Ketu, The Conductor happened to be a Young guy with dreams... So there was this Man always yelling at the conductor to give him his change knowing fully well that the Conductor was out of change, Even we that were still being owed by the conductor was relaxed, The Yelling and Insults by the man became too much for the Conductor to bear, This was the moment Conductor started speaking English oo shocked shocked shocked... Spoke sense into the Man's head, People started supporting the Conductor... Out of shame, The Egoistic Man had to stop at Okota.

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by phemmyfour: 6:57am On Jul 10, 2021
Nope

BTW, It's Lola "Ọkunrin" = Man not "Okurin"

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Ghostrye: 6:57am On Jul 10, 2021
wahala
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by meobizy(f): 6:58am On Jul 10, 2021
Okay. Good story. Let me continue my day.
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Emeka71(m): 6:59am On Jul 10, 2021
phorget:

Similar incident happened to me at Onitcha some years back, if I had a gun I would have killed somebody that day. That singular act made me to hate the igbos till date.
They are so smart.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by hAlexandro(m): 6:59am On Jul 10, 2021
Those conductors are silly asshole. I rem some few years back I gave him money also expecting my change. But this dude wants to hold on to it till I got to where I was to alight. Immediately I got down he told the driver to zoom off, omo I held on to the conductor's dress with the bus moving na xo I manage land a fierce slap on his face then the bus stopped and the driver waded in and told him to give me my chnsge

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 10, 2021
phorget:

You own would always be different... carry your tribalistic self out of here. As if Nurtw thugs dont all behave in similar pattern.

97 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by amiibaby(f): 7:00am On Jul 10, 2021
Hahaha I don't know if mine will count but I will share it sha later
Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:00am On Jul 10, 2021
The street is illegal,
But that's where we're come from.
Ain't no free salvation, it's paid religion,
But that's where we learnt to be tough.
In this city, most are dying famous
And the confusion always come to tame us
Eko is akin to living life under the wheel,
The cab drivers, okada riders and the likes going for the kill
The peace sign wouldn't get you saved, you're likely to get killed..
Give each and every man the gbas gbos he deserve
Sho lo stupid ni, you will get the dessert toh bad....

Berean

9 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by FemiMaduka(m): 7:02am On Jul 10, 2021
phorget:

Sorry for your sad experience. And pertaining to your "hate" towards the Igbos because of your experience with a group of thugs, we will document it now that you have said it.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by TheGreatIYANU: 7:03am On Jul 10, 2021
Well I wasnt assaulted per se, more like... 'romanced'. I gave the dude N1,000 note to give me N900 change sad this guy kept showering me with praises and encomiums. Actually I was looking fly that day and the blind could see it. Naxo baba wash me till I reach my junction come down. Immediately his bus zoomed off, my senses came back. I no fit cry that day.

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Realtalk20: 7:04am On Jul 10, 2021
This is a strange thread indeed

What a way to start the weekend by recounting how a bus conductor slapped you and looking for other fellows who have been slapped by conductors ? Why, to form a union of people who conductors slapped?

I don't understand what is happening on this forum again. Is it a lack of quality content or what ?

Of what Value to humanity or animals is this information going to be?

Why not kuku turn this forum to an x-rated site so we can finally confirm that it is dead indeed?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Futurecrypto1: 7:04am On Jul 10, 2021
Mehn mine was when I was in jss3,I gave this conductor two hundred naira,and he was to give me 150#,he initially gave me 50# and said I should wait till he got 100# to give me. I waited patiently till I got close to my bus stop and requested for my change again,he kept mute. When I got to my bus stop which was the last stop,I asked him for my change and he said that he has given me my change. Ah! Oga when you give me change I replied as I checked my pockets,he didn't reply,na then I know say this man wan chop my money,I first comot school bag keep for ground,come wan ginger am but the way the man charged towards me,I tear usain bolt,come dey from far dey insult am. The rice and beans and spag with fish wey I be wan use the money buy just go like that.

Anyways if you want to earn money online check my signature,all you have to do is roll every hour,I got 18k this week from the site. Please you have to be consistent and patient. Registration is Free

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by Justdare: 7:06am On Jul 10, 2021
Back in the day na we dey show conductors not the other way round.
I could travel anywhere within Lagos without a kobo in my pocket. I don't even bother looking for transport fare if I had to go out. Format too much grin.
Was the reason I begged God never to make me enter Danfo/ molue again in my life. And since 2001 I never enter.

17 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Assaulted By A Conductor? Lola Okurin Shares His Experience by KosiGee(m): 7:09am On Jul 10, 2021
He sha gave me my 300, i came down but suddenly heard twai on my cheek and it’s this conductor giving me a sound slap as the bus drove by.

grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin cheesy grin grin

36 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IG Wants NSCDC, FRSC Merged With Police / Phone Snatcher Caught & Beaten To Pulp In Kano(photos) / Facebook User Defrauds Nigerian Policemen Seeking Promotion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.