Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Ogun Governor-elect Sets Up Prep Team - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Governor-elect Sets Up Prep Team (541 Views)

Supreme Court Upholds The Election Of Amosun As Ogun Governor / Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect / Rivers State Governor-elect Sets Up Transition And Inauguration Committees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Governor-elect Sets Up Prep Team by ektbear: 10:23pm On May 10, 2011
Ogun governor-elect sets up prep team
By Dimeji Kayode-Adedeji
May 10, 2011 01:01PM

The Ogun State governor-elect, Ibikunle Amosun, yesterday inaugurated a policy working group, comprising five committees with a mandate to work out modalities for the efficient performance of his administration when he assumes office May 29.

At the ceremony which took place at the spacious Hubert Ogunde Hall of the June 12 Cultural Centre in Kuto, Abeokuta, Mr Amosun explained that he had developed a five-point agenda derived from the progressive programmes and manifestos of his party, the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN).

According to him, the group has been divided into six sub-committees, namely: health, education, agriculture, rural development and rural industrialisation, lands, housing and urban renewal committee, budget and economic planning and security.

Mr Amosun added that the main committees would coordinate the various work groups relevant to their respective focal areas, stressing that the terms of reference include: assessment of the current state of affairs, identifying the challenges and opportunities that could be leveraged, identifying the required transitional initiatives and roadmap to attain the goals.

He said the reports are expected in two weeks’ time, adding, “We recognise that this is a rather short duration. Nonetheless, we trust that these eminent personalities are capable of working around every constraint there may be, including time, to deliver the objectives of this assignment.

“The other area I will request committees and the work group to devote attention to is the funding of programmes and projects. The precarious state of the finances of Ogun State is well known to merit any rehash here. It is therefore imperative that some thought be devoted to identifying creative sources of funding for the implementation of the policies and programmes,” Mr Amosun appealed.

“It is my hope and prayer that the policy document and more importantly its implementation will become a reference point in responsive governance in the country. It is indeed one key element of the process designed to meet the yearnings and expectations of the good people of Ogun State,” he said.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/5698812-147/story.csp
Re: Ogun Governor-elect Sets Up Prep Team by ektbear: 10:25pm On May 10, 2011
I'm glad that he wants to hit the ground running.

Ogun should be one of the richest states in Nigeria. How many other states have Lagos State (5th largest economy in sub-saharan Africa) as their neighbor? That is a tremendous resource that needs to be utilized for Ogun's development and growth.

Will be interesting to see what his committees recommend.
Re: Ogun Governor-elect Sets Up Prep Team by TONJOLO: 10:37am On May 11, 2011
While i welcome Governor elect, Ibikunle Amosun on board, i must sincerely say that i dont envy him at. This is because he is inheriting an administration that is characterized by a myriads of challenges arising from non-performance, barrage of criticisms and mountain of tasks. It is no longer news that the outgoing administration in the state has bastardized development in the state, hence the need for Amosun to be up and doing in order not disappoint the electorate. While i commend his effort at setting up the prep team, he needs to be cautioned against repeating the same mistakes his predecessors made, by involving every "dick and harry" in the administration of the state. The fewer the merrier they say. The more the people in the administration of a state, the more the required financial resources to maintain their responsibilities. Only qualified technocrats are expected to be part of his admin startion. Time thick, and four years is just around the corner when stewardship will be reckoned with and another elections held.
Re: Ogun Governor-elect Sets Up Prep Team by Lagosboy: 12:04pm On May 11, 2011
This is a good start , the committee i believe would just be setting out the framework of which detailed policy could be drawn up when the administration is sworn in. Two weeks is definitely not for policy formulation. I am happy with this news and i wish and pray Amosun succeeds in his governance.
Re: Ogun Governor-elect Sets Up Prep Team by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 11, 2011
ekt_bear:

I'm glad that he wants to hit the ground running.

Ogun should be one of the richest states in Nigeria. How many other states have Lagos State (5th largest economy in sub-saharan Africa) as their neighbor? That is a tremendous resource that needs to be utilized for Ogun's development and growth.

Will be interesting to see what his committees recommend.
Well said, Ogun should be housing the middle class of Lagos and sprawling industrial Estates.
Re: Ogun Governor-elect Sets Up Prep Team by Mynd44: 4:11pm On May 11, 2011
Good for him he has no time to waste as the people are going to start seeing changes immediately he gets into office

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

New Cabinet: The Way Forward For Jonathan – Oshiomhole / Dokubo Gives Gej A Year / Soyinka Calls For Probe Of "yaradua's Concealment"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.