Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

After Sinful Sex, What Next? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / After Sinful Sex, What Next? (1337 Views)

Born again = your sinful flesh dies and new you springs up (photos) / Are Blood Transfusions Sinful? / Nigerian Man Says IVF Is Sinful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Sinful Sex, What Next? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:24am On Jul 11, 2021
After Sinful Sex, What Next?

It's usually regret that follows, hence this is a question we must ask ourselves beforehand, when the urge to commit sexual sins, becomes as though if we don't commit it, our whole world would crash.

After we finally get sinful sex we so desperately craved, what next?

Would it be worth it?

Would the hype or craving prior to it meet up with the feeling thereafter?

This is one of the major reasons behind domestic violence. Some think that once they got that thing that eluded them, their whole problems in life would be solved. So they sometimes pay heaven and earth just to get it, only to end up bitterly disappointed afterwards, and their eyes become open as that thing they direly crave wasn't truly what it appeared to be.

That's how Adam and Eve got us to this miserable point. Of all the fruits in the garden of Eden which God had given freedom to eat, it was the one which God commanded them not to touch that they thought they couldn't survive without.

But guess what? They finally tasted of that fruit they desperately desired, but after that, what next?

Regrets, regrets, and more regrets as their eyes became open to realize the craving wasn't worth it.

The woman who thought it would solve her problems, was now filled with regret knowing she had been deceived by the lying serpent. Genesis 3:13

The man who was so proud of the woman after God gave her to him, that he called her "the bone of my bones" and "flesh of my flesh" now saw her as the enemy and a stranger, calling her "the woman you gave me." Genesis 2:23, 3:12.

Although the sin Adam and Eve committed wasn't a sexual sin, it was from that one sin that all other sins emerged including sexual lust.

So was it worth the fruit?

All the consequences, the sufferings, the regrets, the pain, the poverty, the enmity, the complications, the famines, the disasters, the diseases, the deaths?

The next time we find ourselves in a situation where it appears as though we cannot survive without committing a sexual sin, let's ask ourselves the question, after we've done that, what next?

Although yours may not have the kind of widespread impact the sin of Adam and Eve had on humanity, there are certainly damning consequences for any sexual sins committed, because it gives the devil license to cause you harm.

May we not give the enemy another reason to use us as his plaything. Amen!

God bless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by DropsMic(m): 8:27am On Jul 11, 2021
There's nothing sinful in consensual sex

1 Like

Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:30am On Jul 11, 2021
DropsMic:
Yeah! That's what the society and world says, but this is the NL religious section remember, hence the rules are different here.
Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by AntiChristian: 8:46am On Jul 11, 2021
Hmmm
Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by BRATISLAVA: 4:28pm On Jul 11, 2021
Sex, the biggest fail of many modern day Christians.

From the top to the bottom, most Christians want to fornicate without strings attached. Even pastors and the married aren't exempt.

Sexual purity is something of a fantasy nowadays.

But what is the benefit? The sexually pure remain unmarried for years, or permanently single, or barren, or tied to devils when they finally do get married. While there's a reward the sexually impure which is the opposite of that, and smooth sailing in life. Afterwards, their sins will be forgiven. So what is the point?

There's little motivation for purity.
Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:59pm On Jul 11, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

From the top to the bottom, most Christians want to fornicate without strings attached. Even pastors and the married aren't exempt.

But what is the benefit? The sexually pure remain unmarried for years, or permanently single, or barren, or tied to devils when they finally do get married. While there's a reward the sexually impure which is the opposite of that, and smooth sailing in life. Afterwards, their sins will be forgiven. So what is the point?

Hi Bratislava. I trust you're doing great.

One of the things that has benefited me immensely in my walk with God, is not hinge my relationship with Him on any thing else but on Him and what He does or says.

That's why I'm not moved by what people were doing or saying but God, because allowing men's actions to determine my faith, whether they truly be men of God or not, is like building a house on an unsure foundation which could crash at any moment since men were not infallible.

I feel immense pity for the sheep who have to rely on the kind of leaders we have these days in the church, because they've hardly been exemplary, and these has caused many sheep to go astray.

However I don't think it's always warranted, because why must one allow such ones to determine their standing with God or their obedience of His Word?

I know the leaders ought to be better examples themselves, however i believe it's not the wisest thing to let such ones determine one's spiritual life.

I have tasted and I'm fully convinced that whenever anyone walked in obedience to God's Word, such as being sexually pure, that person would surely not lose his reward for God always remembers and rewards those who keep His Word.

Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by BRATISLAVA: 12:23am On Jul 12, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Hi Bratislava. I trust you're doing great.

One of the things that has benefited me immensely in my walk with God, is not hinge my relationship with Him on any thing else but on Him and what He does or says.

That's why I'm not moved by what people were doing or saying but God, because allowing men's actions to determine my faith, whether they truly be men of God or not, is like building a house on an unsure foundation which could crash at any moment since men were not infallible.

I feel immense pity for the sheep who have to rely on the kind of leaders we have these days in the church, because they've hardly been exemplary, and these has caused many sheep to go astray.

However I don't think it's always warranted, because why must one allow such ones to determine their standing with God or their obedience of His Word?

I know the leaders ought to be better examples themselves, however i believe it's not the wisest thing to let such ones determine one's spiritual life.

I have tasted and I'm fully convinced that whenever anyone walked in obedience to God's Word, such as being sexually pure, that person would surely not lose his reward for God always remembers and rewards those who keep His Word.

Thanks and God bless.

I am. How do you do?

Thanks for the response.

There are wolves in sheep clothing, quite alright. I guess the whole thing, the main point, as you have strongly pointed out, is to trust in God above all things and that will carry one through. It's not the easiest thing in the world, though.

Too many Christians and up living unfulfilled lives and their only reward is in death. These are some of the mysteries that I don't understand, but questioning the way of things is not the solution. Sometimes.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:27pm On Jul 12, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

I am. How do you do?

Thanks for the response.

There are wolves in sheep clothing, quite alright. I guess the whole thing, the main point, as you have strongly pointed out, is to trust in God above all things and that will carry one through. It's not the easiest thing in the world, though.

Too many Christians and up living unfulfilled lives and their only reward is in death. These are some of the mysteries that I don't understand, but questioning the way of things is not the solution. Sometimes.

Thanks.

Nice to know you're fine. I'm also fine, Thanks.

You're right saying that it's not easy, because saying the otherwise would be false. It's not easy at all but one thing I've learnt is that God is able to see His own through even the most impossible things.

That's why it's important to become His own, and for that to happen it's absolutely crucial that the person is committed to His ways and doing what He instructs.

And who says believers hardly get rewarded on Earth but only after death?

Although the ways of God differs from the way of the world, so to compare the lives of those who walk with God with those of the world using worldly criteria like riches may not be appropriate, the Truth is that there are many examples of the godly who God exalted above the worldly even when worldly criteria applied. There is the instance of Job, Abraham, David, Solomon (although he later lost his way), and several others.

Aside this, there's the spiritual angle of works which the worldly could only dream about which was exhibited by the likes of Moses, Elijah, Elisha, and the apostles.

Moreover the definition of fulfilment is subject to one's orientation, hence one could be fulfilled despite being married and yet childless, or being unmarried and living lowly lives as some of the apostles, who wouldn't trade their lives for those of anyone else even the Bill Gates or Dangotes of this world, because they believed they had and achieved much more than such ones according to their own orientation which was shaped by Christ's teachings, who Himself felt fulfilled by His death on the cross.

So it's all about the orientation, for those of the world would see things much differently. That's why those of God ought to have and use the orientation of the Kingdom of God not that of this world to measure themselves, otherwise they are bound to miss the mark.

Moreover a lot of Christians are to blame for some difficulties they experience, because not all is of God. They could be as a result of going contrary to the plan of God for their lives, but anyone that is of God, is for their own good, because God knows what best for them, and although they may not understand it earlier, but when the results begin to unfold, they'd get to realize why and appreciate the process.

That's speaking from experience.

God bless.
Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by 22jumpstreet: 6:44pm On Jul 12, 2021
I think Leviticus 18 has all the sexual prohibition..

As long as you keep them especially another man's wife and incest...

You are good.

Sex is natural and pleasurable. To abstain from it is against nature...
Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:21pm On Jul 12, 2021
DropsMic:

You are not the one it offends so you can not say it is not offensive.
Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:28pm On Jul 12, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

What you are saying is that people already break many many Laws, and Disobey, therefore they continue in their Disobedience.

Which is further implemented Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil. Ecclesiastics 8:11
Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:36pm On Jul 12, 2021
BRATISLAVA:
.... It's not the easiest thing in the world,

It is easy, if only people will take the time to deeply look at God's Laws, His Testimonies and Sayings and JUDGEMENTS!

if only people would examine them.

BRATISLAVA:

Too many Christians and up living unfulfilled lives and their only reward is in death...

If you do not follow the instructions of your manual, your device will not work properly.

So it is with The Word of God. If not properly and rightly executed, no one shall obtain its guaranteed promises and results.
Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by 22jumpstreet: 7:52pm On Jul 12, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

How does consensual sex between two adults affect anybody?
Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by Kobojunkie: 8:27pm On Jul 12, 2021
22jumpstreet:
I think Leviticus 18 has all the sexual prohibition..

As long as you keep them especially another man's wife and incest...

You are good.

Sex is natural and pleasurable. To abstain from it is against nature...
God told you in Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 that you are not included as part of the agreement with the Levites and those who have the blood of Jacob flowing through their veins. So what do you hope to accomplish by trying to circumvent God's own decree? undecided

Jesus Christ is instead the New Covenant agrement God has made open to you and others who want to come to Him and in Jesus Christ God has set for you a New standard. He instructed you that it is not the act that is sin but the lust in your heart that He counts as sin. God indicts you for sin, not when you commit sexual sin but when you think in your heart to do it - lust. undecided

What that means is that even if you never get to committing the sexual sin itself, if you never even get to sleep with that girl, the fact that you even considered it in your heart already leaves you condemned in the sight of God for it. undecided
Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by 22jumpstreet: 8:35pm On Jul 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God told you in Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 that you are not included as part of the agreement with the Levites and those who have the blood of Jacob flowing through their veins. So what do you hope to accomplish by trying to circumvent God's own decree? undecided

Jesus Christ is instead the New Covenant agrement God has made open to you and others who want to come to Him and in Jesus Christ God has set for you a New standard. He instructed you that it is not the act that is sin but the lust in your heart that He counts as sin. God indicts you for sin, not when you commit sexual sin but when you think in your heart to do it - lust. undecided

What that means is that even if you never get to committing the sexual sin itself, if you never even get to sleep with that girl, the fact that you even considered it in your heart already leaves you condemned in the sight of God for it. undecided

I don't worship idols.
Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by Kobojunkie: 8:37pm On Jul 12, 2021
22jumpstreet:
I don't worship idols.
Jesus Christ is an idol? Ok undecided
Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by DropsMic(m): 8:40pm On Jul 12, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Who does it offend?
Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:19pm On Jul 12, 2021
22jumpstreet:

How does consensual sex between two adults affect anybody?

You will always be in support of evil things. If consensual sex does not affect us, then why do people cry "LovePeddler, Hoe, Slut, Bitch, Ashawo, homo, Olosho, Brolosho , "these hoes ain't loyal, men are dogs" etc as romance, family and crime section have proven?
Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:21pm On Jul 12, 2021
DropsMic:

Who does it offend?

You know them but do you care? No!
Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by DropsMic(m): 9:54pm On Jul 12, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

You know them but do you care? No!

Them? Wtf are you even talking about?
Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by 22jumpstreet: 7:21am On Jul 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ is an idol? Ok undecided

It's not my fault that you can't see it....

He is supposed to be a man..
God forbids such in his second commandment.
Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by Kobojunkie: 7:41am On Jul 13, 2021
22jumpstreet:

It's not my fault that you can't see it....
He is supposed to be a man..
God forbids such in his second commandment.
A second commandments which God gave only to those who have the blood of Jacob flowing through their veins, of which you are not? undecided
Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by 22jumpstreet: 10:48am On Jul 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
A second commandments which God gave only to those who have the blood of Jacob flowing through their veins, of which you are not? undecided

So because he gave it to Jacob...you decided to worship an idol..

To please who?
Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by Kobojunkie: 1:17pm On Jul 13, 2021
22jumpstreet:

So because he gave it to Jacob...you decided to worship an idol..

To please who?
Again...God gave that very particular rule only to those of the blood of Jacob, meaning that for those who were excluded by God from that agreement, even if they worshipped 1000 idols and idolets, there would never be a penalty against them for such. Basically, all those who were excluded remain condemned as Adam was regardless of conduct. undecided

Just trying to point out the futility in your living according to that which God Himself removed you from. And we know God does not change His mind, right? undecided
Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by 22jumpstreet: 3:51pm On Jul 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again...God gave that very particular rule only to those of the blood of Jacob, meaning that for those who were excluded by God from that agreement, even if they worshipped 1000 idols and idolets, there would never be a penalty against them for such. Basically, all those who were excluded remain condemned as Adam was regardless of conduct. undecided

Just trying to point out the futility in your living according to that which God Himself removed you from. And we know God does not change His mind, right? undecided

Hahahaha...

So you choose to worship an idol. Because God did not include none jews in his covenant. And you saying God will forgive you. So you saying it is one set of laws for the jews and another set for the rest of man kind.
So the traditionalist and Muslims still have hope.

You no get sense at all...Kai. how you take pass primary 6?
Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by Kobojunkie: 3:55pm On Jul 13, 2021
22jumpstreet:

Hahahaha...

So you choose to worship an idol. Because God did not include none jews in his covenant. And you saying God will forgive you. So you saying it is one set of laws for the jews and another set for the rest of man kind.
So the traditionalist and Muslims still have hope.

You no get sense at all...Kai. how you take pass primary 6?
This isn't even aboy my choice at all... the topic here is still the futility in the attempts of a Gentile at latching himself to a Law that his kind were directly excluded from benefitting from, this by the Law giver Himself. undecided

God Himself created that Law specifically for the Jews and unless you think God a fool, you would understand and accept that Truth of God's - my say means nothing in this. lipsrsealed
Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by 22jumpstreet: 8:57pm On Jul 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
This isn't even aboy my choice at all... the topic here is still the futility in the attempts of a Gentile at latching himself to a Law that his kind were directly excluded from benefitting from, this by the Law giver Himself. undecided

God Himself created that Law specifically for the Jews and unless you think God a fool, you would understand and accept that Truth of God's - my say means nothing in this. lipsrsealed

God gave his laws to all of humanity..
You only know the version written by the jews. The igbos have it, The yorubas have it too, The Indians have it..all of humanity Different stories same law...it is just the stories that is different the messages in the story are consistent...
Same God different nomenclature...the jews calls him Hashem, the yorubas calls him Eledumare, the binis calls him osanobua, the babylonians called him Marduk., the igbos calls him chukwu...same creator of the universe different names in different cultures.
There was never any need for jesus. To God or to man. God already gave humans solutions to the problem of sin. Animal sacrifice..never a human. (Female goat less than a year old. Without blemish) which is to follow a sincere repentance of sin....

No believing in the death of an idol. No worship of a dead jew that never existed, no pretending to eat the flesh and drink the blood of an idol or a man....these are all pagan practices that the romans inculcated in their pagan scriptures( new testament).

But you will not understand, or accept it because you have invested your whole life and resources on it...
I really dont know how to educate you.
Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by Kobojunkie: 9:11pm On Jul 13, 2021
22jumpstreet:

God gave his laws to all of humanity..
You only know the version written by the jews. The igbos have it, The yorubas have it too, The Indians have it..all of humanity Different stories same law...it is just the stories that is different the messages in the story are consistent...
Same God different nomenclature...the jews calls him Hashem, the yorubas calls him Eledumare, the binis calls him osanobua, the babylonians called him Marduk., the igbos calls him chukwu...same creator of the universe different names in different cultures.
There was never any need for jesus. To God or to man. God already gave humans solutions to the problem of sin. Animal sacrifice..never a human. (Female goat less than a year old. Without blemish) which is to follow a sincere repentance of sin....

No believing in the death of an idol. No worship of a dead jew that never existed, no pretending to eat the flesh and drink the blood of an idol or a man....these are all pagan practices that the romans inculcated in their pagan scriptures( new testament).

But you will not understand, or accept it because you have invested your whole life and resources on it...
I really dont know how to educate you.

God made this particular Law for those who are of the Blood of Jacob, not all of humanity as you claim- Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. No other people on this planet can boast of having the same set of rules given them by God, not even the ibos can dare that lie, because anyone who has even studied the particular of this Law will admit to it being tailor made for the Jews(those of the blood of Jacob) and only the Jews. undecided

So, again ..
Kobojunkie:
This isn't even about my choice at all... the topic here is still the futility in the attempts of a Gentile at latching himself to a Law that his kind were directly excluded from benefitting from, this by the Law giver Himself. undecided

Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by 22jumpstreet: 9:33pm On Jul 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God made this particular Law for those who are of the Blood of Jacob, not all of humanity as you claim- Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. No other people on this planet can boast of having the same set of rules given them by God, not even the ibos can dare that lie, because anyone who has even studied the particular of this Law will admit to it being tailor made for the Jews(those of the blood of Jacob) and only the Jews. undecided

So, again ..

Have you read the igbo omenani or the yoruba ifa or the Indian Vedas ?
Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by Kobojunkie: 9:38pm On Jul 13, 2021
22jumpstreet:
Have you read the igbo omenani or the yoruba ifa or the Indian Vedas ?
The Indian vedas on Hinduism , sure, and Hinduism has next to nothing of the Old Covenant Jewish ideas. undecided

As for Igbo Omenani, and Yoruba Ifa, you have to be more specific on what exactly I should be looking for. From what I know the belief various from community to community so, let's be more specific here shall we. undecided
Pull up religious text so we can examine whatever laws you claim are followed in these beliefs against those of the Old Covenant Law in the bible. undecided
Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by 22jumpstreet: 10:07pm On Jul 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The Indian vedas on Hinduism , sure, and Hinduism has next to nothing of the Old Covenant Jewish ideas. undecided

As for Igbo Omenani, and Yoruba Ifa, you have to be more specific on what exactly I should be looking for. From what I know the belief various from community to community so, let's be more specific here shall we. undecided
Pull up religious text so we can examine whatever laws you claim are followed in these beliefs against those of the Old Covenant Law in the bible. undecided

Had the jews told you that the laws God gave them and told them is eternal are old?

Same laws God gave to all of humanity. You are just been carried away by the Jewish propaganda that it is just them alone.

Same laws the igbos and yoeubas have....
Re: After Sinful Sex, What Next? by Kobojunkie: 10:11pm On Jul 13, 2021
22jumpstreet:

Had the jews told you that the laws God gave them and told them is eternal are old?

Same laws God gave to all of humanity. You are just carried away by the Jewish propaganda that it is just them alone.

Same laws the igbos and yoeubas have....
I thought you were trying to substantiate this claim of a universal law from God to all mankind. What happened? undecided

Bring up the "evidence" you have so we can examine it for Truth. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Book Of The Bible You Love Most? / One Atheist's Creed / Though The Doors Of My Rapture Flight Are Closed, Iam Still A Merciful God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.