Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,957 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

4 Things You Can Do To Quit Smoking - Article By Amechi Okoli - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / 4 Things You Can Do To Quit Smoking - Article By Amechi Okoli (470 Views)

Amechi Okoli (amech213) is a Fraudulent Writer / 3 Productive Things You Can Do During The Stay-At-Home Period : By Amechi Okoli / How To Write Perfect Product Review Articles : By Amechi Okoli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Things You Can Do To Quit Smoking - Article By Amechi Okoli by amechispeaks(m): 10:30am On Jul 11, 2021
If you’re a smoker, then you must be familiar with this line – “Cigarette smokers are liable to die young”.

As scary as this government-imposed warning sounds, it isn’t entirely true, as I know more than enough elders who smoke. Nonetheless, it has been medically proven that tobacco smoke can have some adverse effects on your lungs.

I know a lot of smokers who want to stop, but find it too hard a task to accomplish. I’m not perfect, but I can offer you some useful cigarette-quitting tips.

Here are 4 things you can do to help you quit cigarettes!

1. Make A List Of The Pros And Cons

My first tip is to ask yourself what you actually gain from smoking. Does it give you appetite? Does it make you look refreshed? Does it get you high? Etc.

Now ask yourself again, how have cigarettes hurt you over the years? Do you breathe harder? Has your blood pressure risen? Does it cost too much to buy?

After you have honestly answered these questions and you find that smoking cigarettes has no tangible benefits, then you’d realize just how useless they are, and begin prepping your mind to quit.

2. Stop Buying

If you’re really serious about quitting cigarettes, then do yourself a favor and stop buying them. By doing so you’ll achieve two things – Saving money, and saving your lungs!

Yeah I know, your miscreant friends can tempt you into smoking even when you don’t buy. And that takes me to tip number 3!

3. Stay Away From Smokers

Cigarettes are very addictive, and the smell alone can lure you into lighting up a stick. I actually feel like smoking one even as I’m writing this article (God help me).

Since you know how tempting it can be, it would be wise to stay away from people who smoke. This isn’t going to be easy, as these people are probably your tight pals. But hey, do you want to quit or not?

4. Date A Guy Or Girl That Hates Cigarettes

Love is blind and it can take over your mind…..And yes, it can control some of your habits too!

If the guy or girl you’re dating is a smoker just like you, then it’ll be hard to let go of the habit. Unless of course you decide to quit together.

Other than that, it’ll be in your best interest to date someone who hates cigarettes. This person’s hatred for cigarettes should be comparable to 50 Cent’s hatred for Ja Rule, or Tonto Dike’s hatred for Churchill.

Such a partner won’t even grant you a kiss if you smoke (talk more of a good f*ck).

My Final Thoughts

From my experience, I’d tell you that quitting cigarettes is harder than fighting a grizzly bear! But that doesn’t mean it can’t be done.

It all begins with your mindset, and then your actions. Don’t expect to quit overnight, as it is a slow and gradual process. Hopefully you’ll get there.

Good luck!

This article was written by @amechi_okoli (Instagram). He is a professional writer and voiceover artiste (WhatsApp +234-08033422206

Re: 4 Things You Can Do To Quit Smoking - Article By Amechi Okoli by amechispeaks(m): 12:07pm On Jul 19, 2021
Health is wealth
Re: 4 Things You Can Do To Quit Smoking - Article By Amechi Okoli by amechispeaks(m): 2:43pm On Jul 30, 2021
Stay healthy
Re: 4 Things You Can Do To Quit Smoking - Article By Amechi Okoli by amechispeaks(m): 12:29pm On Dec 10, 2021
Health tips
Re: 4 Things You Can Do To Quit Smoking - Article By Amechi Okoli by amechispeaks(m): 6:39am On May 20, 2022
Health tips..
Re: 4 Things You Can Do To Quit Smoking - Article By Amechi Okoli by amechispeaks(m): 8:52am On Jun 01, 2022
Stay healthy!
Re: 4 Things You Can Do To Quit Smoking - Article By Amechi Okoli by amechispeaks(m): 6:40pm On Jun 04, 2022
Pro tips

(1) (Reply)

Technical Content Writers Needed For Crypto Projects / 2 Article Writers Needed / De-lalaa Computers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.