Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,813 members, 7,956,073 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:13 AM

MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win (41334 Views)

Shocking As Fans Fight Each Other In Argentina Copa America Match(Photos) / Copa America: Brazil Star Neymar Carried Off In Tears After Injury Again!(Photos / Best 20 Memes From Argentina Vs Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by Rahkman: 12:24pm On Jul 11, 2021
richiemcgold:
This is another lesson for all Nigerian football followers:

At the 2005 FIFA U20 world cup final in Holland, it was flying eagles of Nigeria vs Argentina. We had promising stars like Mikel obi, taye taiwo, keita, adeleye, isaac promise and others.
Argentina's attackers in that world cup were Di Maria, Messi and Agueiro. These same 3 attackers won Beijing Olympics for Argentina and now copa america
Unfortunately today, none of those squad members of Nigeria flying eagles still plays top level football. they've either retired or tired.
thats because most of them were 30 years in that u20 tornament grin grin grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by gurunlocker: 12:25pm On Jul 11, 2021
Jokerman:
Thank God for Di Maria... I wish it was Higuain that was selected for this tourney

Hope you slept well and the bucket isn't full? It's going to be a long year

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by IRODANOSA(m): 12:25pm On Jul 11, 2021
richiemcgold:
This is another lesson for all Nigerian football followers:

At the 2005 FIFA U20 world cup final in Holland, it was flying eagles of Nigeria vs Argentina. We had promising stars like Mikel obi, taye taiwo, keita, adeleye, isaac promise and others.
Argentina's attackers in that world cup were Di Maria, Messi and Agueiro. These same 3 attackers won Beijing Olympics for Argentina and now copa america
Unfortunately today, none of those squad members of Nigeria flying eagles still plays top level football. they've either retired or tired.
Everytime I see this picture I get mad. Lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by kenzysmith: 12:30pm On Jul 11, 2021
SlyfoxxjReturns:
Lies. It's a disgrace he is just wining his first Copa Americana at this age despite playing for a whole Argentina in a tournament with relatively weak competition. This is something Argentina should have won at least 4 times in Messi's career. You can't compare it to the Euro's which CR7 has won almost single handedly. Nobody call Messi better than Ronaldo because of this because it's Apples and Oranges.
oga take towel clean your eyes

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by DonKharly(m): 12:30pm On Jul 11, 2021
ODJ124:
kiss
And so..

Ronaldo has achieved more and broken records in different leagues..

Any day, anytime ,Ronaldo is still. the Real GOAT

Thread seen..
Cry me a river baby grin tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by Odide009: 12:30pm On Jul 11, 2021
That Argentina goalkeeper did a great job. I Wonder why nobody is talking about him. He made one save in second half, the shot was so powerful that, I thought he was going to twist is his wrist. I never knew that Brazil team could be that rough on the field. Crazy tackles from all Angeles. Neymar always think that football is about skills and falling down anyhow. Di Maria is a terrorist as far as football is concern. He really troubled Brazil, very resilient and energetic despite is old age. He can outrun 90% of our so called young players in super Eagles.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by sangresan(m): 12:32pm On Jul 11, 2021
paulolee:
on point bro...u av said it all..
I even felt for him when the badluck was so much after he lost dt last finals n retired bcoz his country kept placing all blame on him
But he came bk n kept on trying till he finally won a cup to silence his noisy critics..
Its a sure 7th ballon d or loading n all haters can watch...
Don't remember wen last I saw leo in tears, d last time was after dt p.k miss against chelsea in camp nou but dis morning it was tears of joy...
D pics explains it better..

Nigerian football fans like you are mostly mumus who think like toddlers....Messi was getting undue praise in the national team even while the team couldn't win any major trophy. That's one of the reasons Maradona came out to say that Messi shouldn't be exempted from criticism if the team failed to perform well. But misinformed Nigerian football fans are now telling us that Messi was being criticised for the team's failings as if he was above criticism.
Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by FahBuLous: 12:35pm On Jul 11, 2021
SlyfoxxjReturns:
Lies. It's a disgrace he is just wining his first Copa Americana at this age despite playing for a whole Argentina in a tournament with relatively weak competition. This is something Argentina should have won at least 4 times in Messi's career. You can't compare it to the Euro's which CR7 has won almost single handedly. Nobody call Messi better than Ronaldo because of this because it's Apples and Oranges.
Ronaldo won Euro single handedly?? grin grin ... Someone that was on the bench when others were suffering to win the match... Permit me to say that u are hurt and have absolutely nothing to say...
Leo Messi is the greatest of all time...
7th Balon D'or Loading... Go and hang yourself...

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by kenzysmith: 12:37pm On Jul 11, 2021
hustla:

Ballon D'Or is not based on trophy.

If na by that one, it means sterling, Walker and Stones suppose dey for BDor naw as them win almost everything at Man City and them dey final of Euros

I remember Chelsea fans on twitter debating mid season if he should be sold or not, now them dey give am BDor shouts, if i hear

Messi will lift the Bdor and that's facts
should FIFA give messi the balloon for this year won't it sound controversial you talk tru
Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by Carparts: 12:37pm On Jul 11, 2021
Delay is not denial. My own time too shall come, amen. May God help me. Congratulations to Argentina and Messi

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by FahBuLous: 12:39pm On Jul 11, 2021
KingDash:
shatap which nonsense world best.. na di maria help him life, baba even miss to tell you how him useless.
This Messi trophy the pain deluded people o... grin grin grin ...
What will u say about Ronaldo that was on the bench, okay... Please, did Ronaldo score in the Euro final they won?? No he did not..
So u can also say Eder helped his life too...
This Messi ACHIEVEMENT go pain una die...
Go and hang yourself...
7th balon d'or loading...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by paulolee(m): 12:41pm On Jul 11, 2021
sangresan:

Nigerian football fans like you are mostly mumus who think like toddlers....Messi was getting undue praise in the national team even while the team couldn't win any major trophy. That's one of the reasons Maradona came out to say that Messi shouldn't be exempted from criticism if the team failed to perform well. But misinformed Nigerian football fans are now telling us that Messi was being criticised for the team's failings as if he was above criticism.
u can pass d message without d insult...e for make sense d more and i would respect u and ur opinion better but u think insult would make me get angry or get ur point or wat?
if am angry, I wont reply u bt I'll let it pass because I know dt u can spit such trash offline no matter who u are...Mk e b

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by Sonayon(m): 12:41pm On Jul 11, 2021
after making them play four tournaments in six years.............making sure their goat gets it ! grin grin
Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by hustla(m): 12:41pm On Jul 11, 2021
kenzysmith:
should FIFA give messi the balloon for this year won't it sound controversial you talk tru

Nope
It's between Lewandowski and Messi

2 Likes

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by tfash96(m): 12:42pm On Jul 11, 2021
kenzysmith:
guy take am easy na this is too much o
The guy dey vex but na the true talk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by FahBuLous: 12:44pm On Jul 11, 2021
adebwalex:
All this Messi fans make una let us rest ooo. Our greatest GOAT of all time Ronaldo as done better than that when he won European champion. So stop comparing Both. You still all know that RONALDO IS STILL THE BEST grin grin
Has he won the best player in the world cup??
Has he ever been presented any award in the world cup??
Messi is the greatest, if u like hang yourself...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by Timekeeper: 12:46pm On Jul 11, 2021
Sonayon:
after making them play four tournaments in six years.............making sure their goat gets it ! grin grin

Ṣeé your tears and gnashing of teeth.

Ur cry cry cry cry cry just start.

Messi dá GOAT

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 12:47pm On Jul 11, 2021
Narldon:

Just as I predicted.
grin

We live in a highly predictable environment, nothing should surprise a sane mind here...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 11, 2021
FahBuLous:
Ronaldo won Euro single handedly?? grin grin ... Someone that was on the bench when others were suffering to win the match... Permit me to say that u are hurt and have absolutely nothing to say...
Leo Messi is the greatest of all time...
7th Balon D'or Loading... Go and hang yourself...
Greatest that is scared to leave his comfort zone and prove himself in another country? CR7 has proved himself and won titles in 4 countries across Europe. Please sit down. There is no comparison here.
Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by Cmanforall: 1:01pm On Jul 11, 2021
paulolee:
on point bro...u av said it all..
I even felt for him when the badluck was so much after he lost dt last finals n retired bcoz his country kept placing all blame on him
But he came bk n kept on trying till he finally won a cup to silence his noisy critics..
Its a sure 7th ballon d or loading n all haters can watch...
Don't remember wen last I saw leo in tears, d last time was after dt p.k miss against chelsea in camp nou but dis morning it was tears of joy...
D pics explains it better..
The way all his team players ran to hug him and started chanting his name after the last whistle really touched me.

They love him a lot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by Lordswat(m): 1:02pm On Jul 11, 2021
Guy STFU, Portugal successes at Euros 2016 was a collectively drafted effort inspired by an Eder goal, TBH i love Ronaldo but Messi deserves the hype and plaudits around him.
He's the GOAT[i][/i]
7th Balon D'or Loading, inasmuch as i would have loved Lewy to win it, Messi is PHENOMENAL.
SlyfoxxjReturns:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by Gdskillful(m): 1:02pm On Jul 11, 2021
SlyfoxxjReturns:
Greatest that is scared to leave his comfort zone and prove himself in another country? CR7 has proved himself and won titles in 4 countries across Europe. Please sit down. There is no comparison here.
And Messi has done it in 3 different continent

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by ODJ124(m): 1:09pm On Jul 11, 2021
grin grin
DonKharly:
Cry me a river baby grin tongue
Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by ODJ124(m): 1:11pm On Jul 11, 2021
aluyapreston:

He has dust ronaldo in balon d or. Ntor.

he was busy shifting coke bottle. the only thing that ronaldo has more than messi is pride.

messi has killed you and your hooligans coleagues. i so love your tears. been watching you for a long time.

dont worry you will faint when they present messi his cr7th Balon d or. the award that determines the best 7>5.

And hope u know Ronaldo has been treated unfairly.. In ballon d or awards..
Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by Barristter07: 1:13pm On Jul 11, 2021
paulolee:

Swears bro....even some Brazil fans are happy seeing him win dt cup yesterday..
Neyma was all around leo after d celebration n I even heard dt he is planning a secret party with leo n friends in brazil before leo leaves d county....he really deserves it bro

There is a lesson from Neymar here, can you spot it ? Lol

2 Likes

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by lichocho(m): 1:18pm On Jul 11, 2021
kenzysmith:
Messi is the top scorer in agertina history the top assist provider in agertina history.
He was a golden ball winner at the world cup
He was the golden ball winner at 3 copa America
He was the golden ball winner under 20
He was the golden ball winner at the Olympics

Supposedly He won the world cup at 2014
Supposedly he won won the copa back to back with Argentina 2015/2016
He would have easily be the best player in agertina history.

If football was rated individual this season then messi has no equals this season
* league top scorer
* most assist
* most man of the match
* most goals involvement

CopA America
* Top scorer
* most assist
* most goals involvement
* golden ball winner

He has set his standard so high that this season seems like a poor season to us but
In reality
Any other player with this stat would easily claim d balloon do or
But balloon dor or is now base on trophy
Which keep kante and ledwadosky ahead of him.

which kante..na quarter finals I start to de see kante for champions league..kelvin don de ball since de come sef

2 Likes

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by adebwalex(m): 1:20pm On Jul 11, 2021
FahBuLous:
Has he won the best player in the world cup??
Has he ever been presented any award in the world cup??
Messi is the greatest, if u like hang yourself...

See them tongue tongue undecided you fit go jump inside River if you can't accept Ronaldo as the greatest GOAT...
Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by FahBuLous: 1:21pm On Jul 11, 2021
SlyfoxxjReturns:
Why didn't ur stupid ororo leave and join sampdoria or Eibar, then we will see what will happen to him...
Juventus have always been champions in Italy, whether he joined or not, Juventus would have still won the league, real Madrid too is a big club, surely dey will still win league without Ronaldo .. So what are u saying?? If Messi also leaves to join PSG or Bayern Munich or Juventus, he will also win the league....
So no let am pain you too much...
Messi is the greatest of all times...
7th balon d'or loading...
Chai, e go pain you die when him win am...
Sorry o, sorry... grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by FahBuLous: 1:23pm On Jul 11, 2021
adebwalex:

See them tongue tongue undecided you fit go jump inside River if you can't accept Ronaldo as the greatest GOAT...
Sorry bro... Accept my sympathy,I know the pain is too much to bear... grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by Cousin9999: 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2021
... lipsrsealed
Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by anigbajumo(m): 1:25pm On Jul 11, 2021
SlyfoxxjReturns:

Cry more, Ordinary Ecuador ur Portugal no fit beat them. The fact is that European teams dey chop am from the likes of Mexico, Colombia and Peru, u gat to do your research first before u quote me if I dey lie. Ronaldo raking goals against San Marino, Lexumbourg , Andorra yet shame no catch u. Na when he win 7th Balldon'or most of u commit suicide...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by Odide009: 1:31pm On Jul 11, 2021
SlyfoxxjReturns:

Ronaldo is a great player no doubt, but Messi is far better, its impossible for Messi to be on the field without you noticing his impact, unlike Ronaldo that will be in the front waiting for ball to come to him. Messi will go all out to hustle for the ball all by himself and try to find his way to the goalkeeper. The only areas Ronaldo is better than Messi is in using head to score goals, Messi cannot compete with him in that. Messi doesn't not really know how to sheer or encourage his players by clapping for them unlike Ronaldo, Messi would rather take the game up on himself and depend on nobody for help. Both guys are good. people mostly like Ronaldo because of his looks and swag, always want to be noticed. I remember his days in Man U, he would applied all the hair cream in the world to is hair and be looking like someone going for photoshoot. That is why he has more female fans than Messi.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tani Adewumi: 12-year-old Nigerian Chess Prodigy Granted Asylum In The US / Odemwingie, Mercy Akide-Udoh And Michael Essien In Adorable Photo / Julius Ssekitoleko: Ugandan Athlete 'Disappears' From Camp In Osaka, Japan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.