Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,198 members, 7,953,730 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:41 AM

MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win (41319 Views)

Shocking As Fans Fight Each Other In Argentina Copa America Match(Photos) / Copa America: Brazil Star Neymar Carried Off In Tears After Injury Again!(Photos / Best 20 Memes From Argentina Vs Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by FamTomx2(m): 1:32pm On Jul 11, 2021
cry Is someone here thinking what am thinking oh

The time his contract expires at Bacelona is when he won the biggest prize of his life

Does it means that his former club is a hindrance to this particular prize, just thinking loud

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by abatically(m): 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2021
joelbooks:
Olympic Gold- Messi

World Cup, under 20 Winner- Messi

World Cup- Silver-Messi

Copa America Winner- Messi

The GOAT debate has been put to an end.

Player of the tournament award in major competitions.

Messi-3- World Cup,2014,2005 World under 20-2008, Copa America

Pele-2

Maradona-1

Ronaldo-0

Top Scorer:
World Cup , 2014- Messi
Under 20 World Cup,2005- Messi
Copa America,2021- Messi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXGtWkYH4fQ

My brother that GOAT � debate can finally be put to rest jare. Haba, the only thing Ronaldo fans always go back to is that Messi has never won a major trophy for Argentina. Yes major trophy for the country is important but it's a collective trophy not individual. Ok now that Messi has 1, it has become very difficult for Ronaldo fans to try to argue who's the real goat. Just take a look.

Ronaldo has NEVER won best player in any international competions and he has played in 4 world cups and 5 European championships. Messi has played 4 world cups and 6 Copa America, won best player in world cup 2014 and best player in Copa America 2015 and 2021. Ronaldo won euros 2016 but greizmann won best player. He won Nations league but bernado was the best player. There is no argument who the real GOAT is here.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by BbqTormentor: 1:46pm On Jul 11, 2021
post=103591806:
Respect to the G.O.A.T.

It was clear from the ecstatic Argentina celebrations at full-time, with Messi the focal point, that this squad's drive to triumph against their old rival was as much for their legendary forward as it was the nation.

It has been 15 years since Messi first represented Argentina at a major tournament and after four World Cups and six Copa America appearances, taking in 53 matches, he finally has the major international title he - and his country - has craved.

Despite being one of the most decorated and brilliant players of the modern era - and arguably all time - with 10 La Liga titles, four Champions Leagues and six Ballons d'Or, questions over his lack of impact on the international stage have hung over his legacy.

BMC people sef. You rooted for Brazil yesterday. Suddenly you are showering love on Messi. Messi don shame all of una

2 Likes

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 11, 2021
DannyXpress:
First of all congratulations to Argentina for winning the 2020 Copa America, this is a huge victory for them especially messi despite all the near winning encounters and multiple Finals lost in the hands of their rivals

1. Delay is not Denial
Argentina last won the Copa America in 1993 and has lost seven finals since then. This didn't deter them from focusing on their game and bringing out the best in them to ensure they break the trophy drought. As we can see a lot of people were happy for Argentina as if it was their ever first trophy (well it is, especially to the players). Whatever you're doing as long as no one gets hurt just continue cause it will surely pay off just one day. you may not get it right at first but with consistency you will conquer.

2. Love your critics
We all saw how messi was being criticized cause he hasn't won any major international trophy, that was his major driving force to give this tournament his best and what happened ?? It finally paid off. Critics can sometimes motivate people towards success, so you have to love them.

3. Always put in your best in everything Argentina had the chance of winning this Copa America twice against a less competitve but stubborn chile but they bottled it, if they had won at least one of those finals back then it would have given them a more composed atmosphere and confidence but that wasn't what we saw cause Argentina played under pressure yesterday but we're happy they won.

4. Teamwork is ​Strength
Despite Brazil been the better team and the Argentines playing under pressure, their teamwork was commendable, from the tackles, saves, attack, all of them blended well, no one was left out (including messi).

What Did you learn from the match ??
Add yours

-DannyXpress-

May you live long..Ise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by ibtommy(m): 1:50pm On Jul 11, 2021
I like your style of writing, Mrs/miss.
Teach me,pls. grin. No be joke o
post=103591806:
Respect to the G.O.A.T.

It was clear from the ecstatic Argentina celebrations at full-time, with Messi the focal point, that this squad's drive to triumph against their old rival was as much for their legendary forward as it was the nation.

It has been 15 years since Messi first represented Argentina at a major tournament and after four World Cups and six Copa America appearances, taking in 53 matches, he finally has the major international title he - and his country - has craved.

Despite being one of the most decorated and brilliant players of the modern era - and arguably all time - with 10 La Liga titles, four Champions Leagues and six Ballons d'Or, questions over his lack of impact on the international stage have hung over his legacy.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by BadEnglish(m): 1:51pm On Jul 11, 2021
kenzysmith:
Messi is the top scorer in agertina history the top assist provider in agertina history.
He was a golden ball winner at the world cup
He was the golden ball winner at 3 copa America
He was the golden ball winner under 20
He was the golden ball winner at the Olympics

Supposedly He won the world cup at 2014
Supposedly he won won the copa back to back with Argentina 2015/2016
He would have easily be the best player in agertina history.

If football was rated individual this season then messi has no equals this season
* league top scorer
* most assist
* most man of the match
* most goals involvement

CopA America
* Top scorer
* most assist
* most goals involvement
* golden ball winner

He has set his standard so high that this season seems like a poor season to us but
In reality
Any other player with this stat would easily claim d balloon do or
But balloon dor or is now base on trophy
Which keep kante and ledwadosky ahead of him.

It shall be well with you and all that concerns you.
I don't know how much I need to explain to all Messi haters that no matter how they like to put it? Stats don't lie. Messi is not just a class above others, he his simply in A place where no footballer can reach in this generation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by SouthSouth1914: 1:53pm On Jul 11, 2021
joelbooks:
Olympic Gold- Messi

World Cup- Silver-Messi

Pele-2

Maradona-1

Ronaldo-0

Top Scorer:
World Cup , 2014- Messi
Copa America,2021- Messi

Don’t post wrong information!

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by Clue188: 1:54pm On Jul 11, 2021
SlyfoxxjReturns:
Lies. It's a disgrace he is just wining his first Copa Americana at this age despite playing for a whole Argentina in a tournament with relatively weak competition. This is something Argentina should have won at least 4 times in Messi's career. You can't compare it to the Euro's which CR7 has won almost single handedly. Nobody call Messi better than Ronaldo because of this because it's Apples and Oranges.

I bet you Portugal can not survive a copa america group stage talkless of reaching a final 4 good times.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by anigbajumo(m): 1:55pm On Jul 11, 2021
Dickson Prime Lionel Messi has tasted a Medal of Olympics � with Argentina ��

Lionel Messi has Tasted a Medal of World Cup as a Teen (U20) with Argentina ���

Lionel Messi Has tasted a continental Medal with Argentina (Copa America)���

Lionel Messi has Tested a World Cup Medal With Argentina as a Senior Player,
Silver medal ���

The Day Your Goat Will Even Hear a Final Whistle In a World Cup Final Match,
That Day, I’ll jump into my ears! �������

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by Reeberry: 1:59pm On Jul 11, 2021
King Leo. �

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by Kudducini(m): 2:00pm On Jul 11, 2021
Am so happy for Lionel messi
But I think Martinez deserves a big accolades Helping them in the semi final penalty shoot out
And making a number of saves in the final

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by Joetttimua1811(m): 2:01pm On Jul 11, 2021
Congratulations to the GOAT....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by nexta007(m): 2:05pm On Jul 11, 2021
I learnt that I should never envy goats. I should always maintain my position as human and not as a goat. I'm always better than a goat.
Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by kenzysmith: 2:07pm On Jul 11, 2021
BadEnglish:

It shall be well with you and all that concerns you.
I don't know how much I need to explain to all Messi haters that no matter how they like to put it? Stats don't lie. Messi is not just a class above others, he his simply in A place where no footballer can reach in this generation
Amen thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by redsun(m): 2:16pm On Jul 11, 2021
The present illuminaties uses football to engage the masses and take their minds away from their inherent abjectness like the Roman emperors used gladiator fights in their time.

It's the same bullshit over and over again- the jeering and cheering spectators, gladiators(players) and the puppet masters in the state boxes and behind the scene.

Sometimes it's just too overhyped as if it's a feat that can solve hunger problems in Africa.
Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by andrew444(m): 2:16pm On Jul 11, 2021
kenzysmith:
Messi is the top scorer in agertina history the top assist provider in agertina history.

If football was rated individual this season then messi has no equals this season
* league top scorer
* most assist
* most man of the match
* most goals involvement

CopA America
* Top scorer
* most assist
* most goals involvement
* golden ball winner

He has set his standard so high that this season seems like a poor season to us but
In reality

If kante see top 3 make him thank God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by Teejay13(m): 2:19pm On Jul 11, 2021
Okay
Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by ReeLoaDead(m): 2:19pm On Jul 11, 2021
Congrats Messi!
As much as I have laughed at his lack of international trophies for senior national team in the past, it was very heart warming to see him finally and deservedly win one. Interestingly, there were many Brazilians who were also rooting for Messi in this final (I’m sure they were also Barca fans).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by Ruggman: 2:20pm On Jul 11, 2021
joelbooks:
Olympic Gold- Messi

World Cup- Silver-Messi

Pele-2

Maradona-1

Ronaldo-0

Top Scorer:
World Cup , 2014- Messi
Copa America,2021- Messi

To you, messi winning Copa America a version of our own African cup of Nations and euro cup Nations or Asian cup of nations makes him the best and greater than people who have won the world cup ?
You are only for what will help justify the unjustifiable.
Ronaldo won the euro cup, Pele and maradona won more . most of messi's footballer of the year award were not merited but sepp blatter favour
Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by donforeign: 2:21pm On Jul 11, 2021
SlyfoxxjReturns:
Lies. It's a disgrace he is just wining his first Copa Americana at this age despite playing for a whole Argentina in a tournament with relatively weak competition. This is something Argentina should have won at least 4 times in Messi's career. You can't compare it to the Euro's which CR7 has won almost single handedly. Nobody call Messi better than Ronaldo because of this because it's Apples and Oranges.

Go n hide ur head in Shame
Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by Ruggman: 2:21pm On Jul 11, 2021
joelbooks:
Olympic Gold- Messi

World Cup- Silver-Messi

Pele-2

Maradona-1

Ronaldo-0

Top Scorer:
World Cup , 2014- Messi
Copa America,2021- Messi

To you, messi winning Copa America a version of our own African cup of Nations and euro cup Nations or Asian cup of nations makes him the best and greater than people who have won the world cup ?
Ronaldo won the euro cup, Pele and maradona won more . most of messi's footballer of the year award were not merited but sepp blatter favour unlike Ronaldo who earned every medal he got.
Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by donforeign: 2:22pm On Jul 11, 2021
KingDash:
shatap which nonsense world best.. na di maria help him life, baba even miss to tell you how him useless.

U re more useless ode
Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by donforeign: 2:28pm On Jul 11, 2021
SlyfoxxjReturns:
Greatest that is scared to leave his comfort zone and prove himself in another country? CR7 has proved himself and won titles in 4 countries across Europe. Please sit down. There is no comparison here.

Tell Ronaldo to sign for division 2 league and bring Dem to win epl cub .ode
Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by HBB1(m): 2:28pm On Jul 11, 2021
Ruggman:

Ronaldo won the euro cup, Pele and maradona won more . most of messi's footballer of the year award were not merited but sepp blatter favour unlike Ronaldo who earned every medal he got.

Not merited? grin

You realize fellow players and coaches vote for that award?

Nobody just wakes up and gives it to any player.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by donforeign: 2:29pm On Jul 11, 2021
Cmanforall:

The way all his team players ran to hug him and started chanting his name after the last whistle really touched me.

They love him a lot
definitely..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by kkash: 2:31pm On Jul 11, 2021
SlyfoxxjReturns:
Greatest that is scared to leave his comfort zone and prove himself in another country? CR7 has proved himself and won titles in 4 countries across Europe. Please sit down. There is no comparison here.

True but messi conquered 2 continents.... Europe and South America.... Let ur cr7 go to another continent, then we can talk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by EmmanuelScott1(m): 2:34pm On Jul 11, 2021
kenzysmith:

* league top scorer
* most assist
* most man of the match
* most goals involvement

CopA America
* Top scorer
* most assist
* most goals involvement
* golden ball winner

In reality

Bro, I don't understand this your writeup, explain this your stats that I bolded.
Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by Spainze007(m): 2:46pm On Jul 11, 2021
@ I LOVE YOU FOR THIS... WOW ASWEAR DOWN

post=103591963:
MESSI IS TRULY THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME.

Ronaldo fans, listen and listen good......

Messi was created and born to play football,
the others came to this world to learn the game, and they mastered it....rightly so anyways.

This is the ONLY difference between Messi and the rest, that many people do not understand!

MESSI is the G.O.A.T.
END OF DISCUSSION!

As the Yorubas will say "Abinibi yato si Ability!"

Argue with your TV screen or your bottle of ororoooo! cheesy wink grin

Amen.
God bless you too American Boy cheesy
All the Flatbush wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by Spainze007(m): 2:47pm On Jul 11, 2021
i think we are seeing the same thing... hmmmmmm

ikllbrokehoes:
I'm really happy for Argentina, England is taking the euro cup home this time around.
Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by adebwalex(m): 2:48pm On Jul 11, 2021
FahBuLous:
Sorry bro... Accept my sympathy,I know the pain is too much to bear... grin grin grin

Which pain you are just speaking like a kid. They ate making their Money while should I be pained?? Just accept that BABA BEEE THE GOAT is the Greatest period
Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by purplekayc(m): 2:56pm On Jul 11, 2021
Jokerman:
Thank God for Di Maria... I wish it was Higuain that was selected for this tourney
so that he could have missed that goal right?
Re: MESSI: Lessons To Learn From Argentina's Copa America Win by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:58pm On Jul 11, 2021
Spainze007:
@ I LOVE YOU FOR THIS... WOW ASWEAR DOWN
That is simply the TRUTH and nothing BIT the truth.
All of us @MANNA Love you too Spainze double Zero Seven!

Have a blessed Week ahead manA

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Suarez Abusing Evra & Eto'o Mocked... Meet 5 Worst Moments Of Racism In Football / Super Eagles Hold Night Training Session Ahead Of Tunisia Clash (Photos) / Tani Adewumi: 12-year-old Nigerian Chess Prodigy Granted Asylum In The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.