Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project (32267 Views)

Osun Senator Commission Airtel Mast (photos) / Senator Adelere Oriolowo Escapes Assassination Attempt At A Political Meeting / Man Climbs Glo Mast In Kebbi, Says He Won't Come Down Until Buhari Steps Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by obailala(m): 12:31pm On Jul 12, 2021
Using ones influence to get a telecommunications company to plant a mast in a community that struggles with network, that definitely can be counted as an achievement for the project influencer. I'm however not sure of the tape cutting part though...
Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by Jerryherd: 12:33pm On Jul 12, 2021
City dwellers like us can't know the magnitude of what this man facilitated

I know of a village that people travel miles and climb trees before they could make phone calls
Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by hope4nigeria(m): 12:33pm On Jul 12, 2021
Officialgarri:
We know the reason Sahara published this is to attract criticism and insults to the senator.

But if we are to be wise and reason beyond politics and party hatred, this is also part of an achievement of the representative of a constituency.

Communication is key, yet there are so many areas, villages in Nigeria that till date, they can't make calls easily. I am certain I'm not the only one who have experienced this. Some places even have just one network provider.
And imagine if the only browsing network available is GLO grin . You will get stranded. grin

Many areas suffer bandit attacks because there's no way they could reach out to people in town of impending attacks.

Now, someone has decided to invite Network providers to an area he represents and it's a crime that they he celebrated that his request was granted.
this one now will call him/her self a youth praise singers, there will never be a future for unserious set of people like this. How come a private communication business is a constituency's project? They will still milk people dry with high tariff.
Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by adebwalex(m): 12:36pm On Jul 12, 2021
Omihanifa:
What sort of rubbish is this embarassed

Has it now gotten so bad that politicians take glory of other people's sweat and labor all in the name of winning the heart of the masses

This one even went so low by going to comission airtel's base station all in the name of deceiving the community that he brought network to the area undecided

You see what lack of understanding as cause.. I don't know whether na Chinese them take write the story that you can't use your common brain to understand.. He was involve in the facilitator process of allowing Network mass to be install in that constituency. Without that the community find it difficult to communicate. Is that not an achievement
Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by stupidmod3: 12:37pm On Jul 12, 2021
Officialgarri:
We know the reason Sahara published this is to attract criticism and insults to the senator.

But if we are to be wise and reason beyond politics and party hatred, this is also part of an achievement of the representative of a constituency.

Communication is key, yet there are so many areas, villages in Nigeria that till date, they can't make calls easily. I am certain I'm not the only one who have experienced this. Some places even have just one network provider.
And imagine if the only browsing network available is GLO grin . You will get stranded. grin

Many areas suffer bandit attacks because there's no way they could reach out to people in town of impending attacks.

Now, someone has decided to invite Network providers to an area he represents and it's a crime that they he celebrated that his request was granted.
wow u really know how to write but man u content na bullpiss haba.

private telecom n u don dey fall already.

its as easy as asking where is the next installation n he will just b there to cut ribbon.

omo no let them use ur head jonce n no dey fall ur hand.
Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by mumu9gerian: 12:39pm On Jul 12, 2021
Officialgarri:

Eeyah so you no get sense?
Will the money for recharge card go to his pocket?
Or
Will he be buying diesel.
How this makes sense to some people is beyond me ooo
Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by NobleRace: 12:40pm On Jul 12, 2021
Officialgarri:

My friend, communication is important but he doesn't have to fund it. He only needs to facilitate the project by mounting pressure on the Telecom company to do the needful in the community.
Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by Cnach: 12:42pm On Jul 12, 2021
limeta:

Jesu
pls explain
how Private a business becomes a political achievement
What are u dragging with that guy?
Some people u fight here don't know the difference between private and public neither do they know the duties of a councillor let alone that of a senator. Who told u that he knows what is constituency let alone the funds allocated for its project? I was like quoting him before bc that rubbish he typed like someone using monkey brain was biting me like mad but I held myself and ignored him. Don't ask him to explain, if u have time educate him. He is one of the unfortunate people that got very bad education equipped with well fitted timidness
Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by Cnach: 12:50pm On Jul 12, 2021
mumu9gerian:

Eeyah so you no get sense?
Will the money for recharge card go to his pocket?
Or
Will he be buying diesel.
How this makes sense to some people is beyond me ooo
Imagine that 60+ members has liked his comment. When people say that 90% of Nigerians are backward, illiterates and timid, guy no just doubt am. Be busy defending urself
Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by braunny(m): 1:03pm On Jul 12, 2021
Omihanifa:
What sort of rubbish is this embarassed

Has it now gotten so bad that politicians take glory of other people's sweat and labor all in the name of winning the heart of the masses

This one even went so low by going to comission airtel's base station all in the name of deceiving the community that he brought network to the area undecided
part of the mutula the op was targeting.....study English language well "Facilitated"
Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by Edcene2010(m): 1:07pm On Jul 12, 2021
Dear senator in case you need to sink a productive borehole for your constituency you can count on us. Thanks

Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by Funflipper: 1:21pm On Jul 12, 2021
Officialgarri:

With all these garbage epistle you wrote i don't think there is much difference between you and the senator. I take God beg you go borrow sense because e be like say you were born without one. Desmond elliot loading!! Arghh!! *spits*
Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by Ghostmode2two(m): 1:22pm On Jul 12, 2021
Hahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by sunsewa16: 1:30pm On Jul 12, 2021
Officialgarri:

Communication is key, yet there are so many areas, villages in Nigeria that till date, they

can't make calls easily. I am certain I'm not the only one who have experienced this. Some places even have just one network provider.

it's commendable,is their area of need,u will never understand till u wear the shoe.
Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by Engrgeneral(m): 2:05pm On Jul 12, 2021
thundafire:
shut up,I work in the Telecom industry. We know places with no network and we do send teams for inspection to know where it will be profitable for business and free from theft,so how can dat be constituency project
I doubt you work in the télécommunications industry, as what you wrote is entirely incorrect. RNP&O is mostly facilitated and not the network provider building a site. Today it's even private companies that build sites rather than the network provider. The private companies then allow collocation from the service providers. Stop peddling lies
Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by 080bjaked(m): 2:22pm On Jul 12, 2021
This shouldn't pass as an achievement.
Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by aylive02(m): 2:26pm On Jul 12, 2021
limeta:

Jesu
pls explain
please leave him. By their comments, we shall know them.
Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by Proffdada: 2:41pm On Jul 12, 2021
limeta:

Jesu
pls explain
I tire o. The guy just take time yarn dust. Are we now under the rule of private investors?
Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by Omesko00: 3:07pm On Jul 12, 2021
Na agege weed dis one smoke... 9ja which way
Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by Gbeng30(m): 4:31pm On Jul 12, 2021
One thing I know be say, mad people full this party called Apc,what a senseless human being..
Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by Gbeng30(m): 4:31pm On Jul 12, 2021
Gbeng30:
One thing I know be say, mad people full this party called Apc,what a senseless human being..
Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by Adio10(m): 4:51pm On Jul 12, 2021
Re; APC Senator Commissioned Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project

It has come to the notice of the Media Office of Senator Adelere Oriolowo of Osun-west of certain mischievous and deliberate misinformation about an event that involved him.

It is however pertinent we make necessary clarifications on this issue.

During the electioneering campaign, the only request of Ago-Owu Farm Settlement in Ayedaade Local Government of Osun State from Senator Adelere Oriolowo was that if he gets elected, all they wanted from him is a means of communication to the outside world. And as God would have it, he was elected and he set the ball rolling to fulfill his promise to the community by making necessary contacts and writing letters to different Telecommunications firms to make them see reasons why the community needs their facility's. In cognisance of this, is the eventual installation of Airtel communication mast in the community while other Telecommunications firms have given their assurances to the Senator of installing their facility's in the community as well.

We however find it absurd and mischievous, to see media sensationalism concerning this issue.

To get things in the right perspective, Senator Oriolowo was never the one that arranged for the commissioning ceremony of the Mast. The commissioning was totally an idea of the members of the community in celebrating what they have been yearning for, for a long time before succour came for them through the collaborative efforts of the Senator and the Telecommunication firm.

Equally, the banner being bandied around was never produced from the Senator desk or by his directives to any of his Aides, it was equally the projection of the community members in excitement of seeing their several years of prayers answered.

It is also worthy of note that the Senator was not physically present at the event but delegated some of his Aides and associates to the event since the community members were insistent of having him or any of his representative at the maiden event that broke a major jinx they've been praying and yearning for, for several decades.

Also at that, the banner that is causing public opprobrium from some certain elements, the word "facilitated by" was what was made use of and not "constructed by". By this, the word "facilitated by" connotes different meaning from "construted by", the latter which is affirmative in context usage.

A Senator that has several retinue of achievements to his record as a representative of his people at the Upper Chamber of the National Assembly will never gloat over such an event. Just last week, this same Senator is projecting to secure a Premier ICT Institute for the people of his constituency. It is this kind of project that the Senator might gloat over and not things of private business outfit.

He never claimed it as his constituency project, let that be noted in strong terms.

That being said, we want to inform the public that if there are no communication about events regarding the Senator from his recognised Media Channels or Official Aides, such communication should please not be given concise attention in relation to the activities or engagements of the Senator.

We enjoined our loving media friends and distinguished gentlemen of the Press to please avoid sensationalism in their reportage and also have a balance and fair reportage by making necessary enquiries from relevant quarters before going to the Press on any pressing issues.

We thank everyone sincerely, may God bless us all.

May Nigeria succeed.

Signed:
Oluniyi Isamotu
Media Aide to
Senator (Engr) Adelere Adeyemi Oriolowo; FNSE
(OSUN WEST SENATORIAL DISTRICT).

1 Like

Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by Adio10(m): 5:15pm On Jul 12, 2021
MISCHIEF OR PRETENSIONS.

It is unfortunate the level of understanding in this country.

It is very important to be informed that communication providers will only establish where it is economically viable for them. They don't run business for social benefits.

As earlier disclosed by the Media Assistant of Senator Adelere Adeyemi Oriolowo, Oluniyi Hisamotu McMalaga, during the electioneering campaign to the area,the people of the Settlement lamented their inability to link up with the outside World through Telephone and this, they claimed, was affecting them.

And therefore, they pleaded with Oriolowo to help in facilitating the project to the area if he should win the election.

You will appreciate their frustrations that since GSM took off in the Country in 2001 by the Obasanjo Administration, the people who ran to several thousands are stll lagging behind in the year 2021.

Once he won the election, Senator Oriolowo set the ball rolling by making the necessary contacts with Network providers by persuading them to install their facilities in the area.

He encouraged them by providing necessary logistics which included free land among others incentives. The efforts paid off as the providers moved to the site and mounted their facilities to get clear signals..

Both the Ago-Owu community and the Providers agreed that Senator Oriolowo should be honoured for his efforts, to commission the project to signify the commencement of operations in the area.

This is not new as we all know that Electricity has been privatized, yet, Well to do individuals and even governments still assist them in getting transformers and other materials to connect people to the National grid.

So what is wrong in honouring Senator Oriolowo or his agents from commissioning a project he facilitated?

At any rate the people he did it for have expressed appreciation with a pledge to always support his aspirations always.
Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by Tbasicme: 5:27pm On Jul 12, 2021
Officialgarri:

Na wa oh. Is he a senator for Airtel ni? This is nothing but political recklessness.

Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by coreninja(m): 6:23pm On Jul 12, 2021
This wasn't his achievement,AIRTEL is massively building sites across the country. I still wonder what would make the people's representative want to underrate the intelligence of the people they represent.
Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by adm212144: 6:56pm On Jul 12, 2021
Officialgarri:

hahahaha
Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by Ttalk: 7:11pm On Jul 12, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
I am still looking for where it was written that the Airtel mast was constituency project executed by the senator, rather I saw facilitated, I can never be a monkey

The project doesn't worth what a Senator put up a fanfare for, it is embarrassment to the status of a Senator if Federal Republic of Nugeria
Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by Ttalk: 7:14pm On Jul 12, 2021
Officialgarri:

Stop embarrassing yourself here, how can a Senator commission communication mask belonging to a company as project? What sort of project is that.

Facilitating installation of mask into an area is strictly business for the facilitator and the land owner, I l know this because I have done it years back. Anyone could have done that from the community as the telcom would be eager to install it for their economic gain.

Stop promoting mediocrity, what you should be demanding is good representation, sound Bills and oversight function that is their legitimate responsibility of a lawmaker instead of one irrelevant mask commission
Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by Solsix(m): 7:55pm On Jul 12, 2021
Officialgarri:

Your same dey shame me
Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by Kfed4ril(m): 1:19pm On Jul 13, 2021
Officialgarri:

Lol
Does he have to broadcast it?
It’s something he can invite them with people knowing.

Do you know how much he spent on commissioning it?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Looters List: We Can't Work With The Presidency - Saraki / Who Is The Most Performed Among Buhari's Ministers? / Tinubu Visits Hajia Dada Yar'Adua, Mother Of Late President Yar'Adua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.