Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,900 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos (28814 Views)

Second Wave Of COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Down Schools, Etc / NCDC Reacts To News That There Are 472 Confirmed Cases Of COVID-19 In Nigeria / My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by stephanie11: 6:08pm On Jul 11, 2021
A potential 3rd wave of the COVID-19 Pandemic has hit Lagos, POLITICS NIGERIA has learned.

This is according to a statement by the Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwoolu on Sunday.

Governor Sanwoolu while giving an update on the state's battle against the COVID-19 pandemic, disclosed that from the beginning of July, there has been a steep increase in the number of daily confirmed cases, with the test positivity rate going from 1.1% at the end of June 2021 to its current rate of 6.6% as at 8th of July 2021.

The statement read in part; "Starting around the end of March 2021, the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic in Lagos State began to wind down, and we began to enjoy some reprieve from the worst effects of the virus. This allowed us to further open-up the economy to allow the start of the journey towards full normalcy in our lives and the pursuit of livelihoods, after what has been a very difficult year."

"Regrettably, in spite of the hard work and dedicated efforts towards sustaining the return to normalcy, over the last three months, we are now finding ourselves at what appears to be the start of a potential 3rd wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, in Lagos State.
From the beginning of July, we started to experience a steep increase in the number of daily confirmed cases, with the test positivity rate going from 1.1% at the end of June 2021 to its current rate of 6.6% as at 8th of July 2021."

"The rapid increase within a week gives great cause for concern. Also, within the last two weeks, the occupancy rate at our 2 isolation centres increased from an average of 1% to 6%. This is the new and disturbing reality that now confronts us."

The governor pointed out that "Lagos State had recorded a total of 60,202 confirmed cases of COVID-19. Of this number, 55,135 have recovered in-community and 770 are currently being managed actively incommunity."

"Over the course of managing the COVID-19 pandemic, about 4,382 patients have been admitted into our various COVID-19 care centres in Lagos: with 357 registered fatalities. 3 In all we have tested 563,679 samples in Lagos State since the pandemic started. Today we have 30 accredited testing centers: 26 private and 4 public health laboratories in the State, a significant improvement in capacity over the course of the past year."

He added that government officials be focusing on increasing the distribution of vaccines to help reduce the number of cases.

"Vaccine Distribution and Access One of the major tenets of our mitigation strategy against the 3rd wave is our vaccination campaign, similar to other parts of the world. It has been observed by various credible studies that those that have received their 4 vaccines have demonstrated significant resistance to the effects of the virus, with fewer associated complications and deaths."

https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-3rd-wave-of-covid-19-hits-lagos-as-another-lockdown-looms/

Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 11, 2021
Till today, I never Sabi who get Coro.

Please o, make Una no get me wrong o, I'm not one of the people doubting the existence of Covid-19 or feel Covid-19 is gotten from 5G network grin

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by Nbotee(m): 6:18pm On Jul 11, 2021
Ppl are busy calling it scamdemic and the govt is ok with it so long as they claim to b covid free... Ppl feel since we aren't dying like other countries then it's fine.

Keepem:
How many people have you seen dying, is it those coffins filled with sawdust that they bury, just to deceive gullible folks?

I personally know 2 persons that have died from covid complications. The last one died a couple of days ago.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by Seniorwriter(m): 6:21pm On Jul 11, 2021
Interesting .....

I wonder what medical or infection surveys & evaluations is making them reason to this effect.

We need young visionary leaders abeg

@Seniorwriter

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by UncleHaba22: 6:21pm On Jul 11, 2021
Na ghost dey get this Corona for naijeriya

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by Simplyleo: 6:29pm On Jul 11, 2021
Clubs and brothels to be closed

Too bad for oloshos.

Poor remmitance to some 5 villages. grin grin

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by madridguy(m): 6:30pm On Jul 11, 2021
grin grin grin biggest lie of the month. Sanwo olu lipsrsealed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by Monogamy: 6:31pm On Jul 11, 2021
cheesy

Covid in Nigeria na scam

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by RisenJoe(m): 6:32pm On Jul 11, 2021
I hope you guys in government are not planning on forcing this scamdemic vaccine on people cos it won't work oooooo..... You guys should tell Bill Gate and co to look elsewhere cos all their brouhaha no go work here.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by ThatFairGuy1: 6:32pm On Jul 11, 2021
As we've seen in some part of the World.

It's of expectation

1 Like

Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by RisenJoe(m): 6:37pm On Jul 11, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
As we've seen in some part of the World.

It's of expectation

Bro the so called covid is more survivable than malaria, it has 99.99% survivability rate, all these media noise na scam... Do you know how many people that die from malaria and typhoid each day, or what about heart attack? These people in govt will create a problem and amplify it with media noise and put people into panic mood all in a bid to create the solution and control the people.... People are dying more from this covid-19 vaccine than the actual virus, I don't want any vaccine that will make my body magnetic to iron

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by GeeMeshin1(m): 6:46pm On Jul 11, 2021
3rd Wave + Lockdown = x
Find x

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by SimplyShit: 6:49pm On Jul 11, 2021
GeeMeshin1:
3rd Wave + Lockdown = x
Find x

X = hunger, starvation and chaos

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by Realtalk20: 6:59pm On Jul 11, 2021
Simplyleo:

Too bad for oloshos.

Stop insulting ibadan people tribalism is banned on this forum

Talkative

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by ChiefSosa(m): 7:01pm On Jul 11, 2021
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by mzBEAM(f): 7:01pm On Jul 11, 2021
Scam

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by nanauju(f): 7:01pm On Jul 11, 2021
Make una better rest o

Even foreign countries no dey do all this covid rubbish again

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by FashionCookie(f): 7:01pm On Jul 11, 2021
Abeg make una go sitdown!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by mzBEAM(f): 7:01pm On Jul 11, 2021
Simplyleo:

Too bad for oloshos.

Abokî, when you go get sense?

You're the dumbest zombie on this forum

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by Firstorderwizard(m): 7:01pm On Jul 11, 2021
Another cash out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by deepwater(f): 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2021
DubaiLandLord:

Please o, make Una no get me wrong o, I'm not one of the people doubting the existence of Covid-19 or feel Covid-19 is gotten from 5G network grin

Funny enough
It shows that your circle is not well exposed
Think deep about this.
No offence

5 Likes

Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by nautybride: 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2021
Have mercy O Lord!
When will Corona leave?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by Badonasty(m): 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2021
Lol...die the matter abeg...na the least deadly form of corona dey Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by Mowoe(m): 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2021
DubaiLandLord:

This used to be me until someone very close to me caught covid. Next was two of his friends. Luckily, they all recovered in time.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by Tintinnoty(m): 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2021
Lagos cannot afford another lockdown.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by SILVERLINES: 7:03pm On Jul 11, 2021
cheesy
Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 11, 2021
Kia, third waves...
Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by Thinktwicemybro: 7:03pm On Jul 11, 2021
Na covid scam go kill una... The money you people looted through covid the last time has finished I guess.
The drug baron won't rest until he milk the state dry.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by adioolayi(m): 7:03pm On Jul 11, 2021
It's well
Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by BrazilaAirporta: 7:04pm On Jul 11, 2021
Lies better not tie it to TB Joshua death

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by Simplyleo: 7:04pm On Jul 11, 2021
mzBEAM:

Abokî, when you go get sense?

You're the dumbest zombie on this forum
E be like say e touch am. grin

Sorry, na just 3 months e go last.

I'm sure you can survive it. grin

3 Likes

Re: Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos by BlueRayDick: 7:04pm On Jul 11, 2021
At this point , I think there’s more to this whole COVID-19 and how it's being handled in Nigeria ; Lagos state in particular.

The kind of energy Sanwoolu outs2inti this thing ehn...ahn ahn, small thing he has jumped in front of TV announcing imminent fresh waves of the virus, locking down clubs and hotels, declaring curfew and what have u.

Abeg Sanwoolu rest! Allow people live their lives and stop disturbing us with COVID-19 updates when there are more pressing issues u should be addressing as a governor

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

COVID-19: Makinde Imposes Curfew On Oyo, Bans Inter-State Movement From Sunday / Mystery Man Died But Woke Up Thrice (Pictured) / 7 Health Conditions You Didn't Know Were Mental Health Conditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.