Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep (28962 Views)

Bad Habbits / Bed Time Challenges - Help Pls. / Help,help,help Staphylococcus Is Ruining My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by iamtewwy(m): 9:56pm On Jul 12, 2014
Chronic pain, computer usage, snacking late into the evening…all of these factors are bound to keep you up at night! And what’s worse is if you don’t correct these surprising bad bedtime habits you can end up with chronic insomnia and associated health problems due to sleep deprivation.

Are you guilty of any of these ten bedtime habits that are ruining your chances of a restful night’s sleep?

1. A Too Full Tummy
Despite common sense, many of us cave to a snack attack before bedtime or simply eat dinner way too late in the evening. A large amount of food consumed shortly before bedtime means that your digestive system is working in overdrive to digest it, which means your sleep patterns will be disrupted.

2. Artificial Light
The body is lulled to sleep thanks partly to a soothing chemical called melatonin. However, you won’t catch the sleep bug unless you’re surrounded by darkness, which means sitting in front of a bright television or bathed in artificial light won’t put you in the mindset for slumber.

3. A Full Bladder
Many of us drink a glass of water before bedtime. However, too many liquids before bed will keep you up during the night and running to the bathroom.

4.Nix the Electronics
It may help you fall to sleep after you catch up on all of your emails and check the buzz on all of your social networks. However, the artificial light from your computer screen will keep your body and mind stimulated and unable to fall to sleep.

Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by Busuyib(f): 10:01pm On Jul 12, 2014
Hmm. I tink dis week is gonna b vewi fruitful. FTC, 2wice 2day. "Dancing Girlie o remix".

2 Likes

Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 12, 2014
Ɣ☺ΰ wrote just three
Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by iamtewwy(m): 10:13pm On Jul 12, 2014
5. Lack of Bedtime Routine
You can signal to your body that you’re readying for rest with a structured bedtime routine that you repeat each and every night. For instance, making your lunch, laying out your clothes for the next day, brushing your teeth, and washing your face before bed will help put you in sleep mode.

6. Pain
Back ache, headache, joint, and tooth pain—there’s no doubt that chronic pain hurts your chances of a restful night sleep. If you suffer from sleep deprivation due to chronic pain, talk to your doctor.

7. Cold Tootsies
And I’m not talking about your lack of commitment; I’m talking about the lack of circulation to your cold, frigid feet! During colder months, cold feet can really keep you up. However, slipping on a pair of fleecy footwear will improve circulation in your extremities and lull you to sleep faster.

8. Skip the Stimulants
Nicotine, soda, caffeinated tea, chocolate, and coffee are all stimulants that will hang out in your body, accelerate your heart beat, and prevent you from sleeping for up to 4-hours after consumption.

1 Like

Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by iamtewwy(m): 10:20pm On Jul 12, 2014
9. Stress
Work stress, financial stress, and marital anxiety all put the neurotransmitters in your brain on high alert, which means your brain will stay active and sleep you’ll often end up with insomnia over the long term if you can’t kick the source of stress in your life.

10. Snoring
There are 37-million chronic snorers in America and if you suffer from sleep apnea, a disorder linked to heart disease, high blood pressure, and stroke—or if your spouse is a chronic snorer, you are probably not able to fall asleep due to the lack of restful silence.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by iamtewwy(m): 10:22pm On Jul 12, 2014
moderators please help my ministry by putting this informative piece on front page to encourage me to du more thanx oya ur comments cheesy

6 Likes

Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by Ezedon(m): 10:30pm On Jul 12, 2014
Nice post but What of too much mosquitoes and heat

27 Likes

Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 7:39am On Jul 13, 2014
interesting piece of info you've here mate, keep it up. smiley

3 Likes

Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by youngbyc(m): 7:46am On Jul 13, 2014
nice one.

☜☜☜☜☜☜☜
Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by sympoto(f): 8:10am On Jul 13, 2014
Interesting, my wife must hear this
Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 13, 2014
the number 1 for youths is electronics.at 10pm--let me just check my mail,let me just check facebook,let me just check whatsapp,let me just check nairaland before you know it the time is 1am.the worst is nairaland oh,dont just login late at night except you no wan sleep.also eating late overtime creates excess belly fat.

7 Likes

Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by fattbabakay(m): 8:13am On Jul 13, 2014
sympoto: Interesting, my wife must hear this
so Y tellun us?

1 Like

Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by DONMAYOR19(m): 8:16am On Jul 13, 2014
Is sunday, u guys should go to church......Note: I'm typing from church service right now, at least me go church unlike u reading this now.
Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 13, 2014
Interesting piece
Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by iamtewwy(m): 8:18am On Jul 13, 2014
kreezzy: Ɣ☺ΰ wrote just three
completed ma cheesy
Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by Neroanna(f): 8:19am On Jul 13, 2014
Informative.

1 Like

Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by condralbede(m): 8:20am On Jul 13, 2014
Noted... tnx for d into
Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 13, 2014
Quite insightful and educative. Do you know i used to think those who snore, sleep better! Everyday na book!
Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by Rapmoney(m): 8:24am On Jul 13, 2014
Op, you try smiley but what about having lots of unreleased mess grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by BUSHHUNTER: 8:24am On Jul 13, 2014
K
Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by Andyblaze: 8:24am On Jul 13, 2014
angry
Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:25am On Jul 13, 2014
iamtewwy:

1. A Too Full Tummy
Despite common sense, many of us cave to a snack attack before bedtime or simply eat dinner way too late in the evening. A large amount of food consumed shortly before bedtime means that your digestive system is working in overdrive to digest it, which means your sleep patterns will be disrupted.

2. Artificial Light
The body is lulled to sleep thanks partly to a soothing chemical called melatonin. However, you won’t catch the sleep bug unless you’re surrounded by darkness, which means sitting in front of a bright television or bathed in artificial light won’t put you in the mindset for slumber.

3. A Full Bladder
Many of us drink a glass of water before bedtime. However, too many liquids before bed will keep you up during the night and running to the bathroom.

4.Nix the Electronics
It may help you fall to sleep after you catch up on all of your emails and check the buzz on all of your social networks. However, the artificial light from your computer screen will keep your body and mind stimulated and unable to fall to sleep.
The artificial light thing is what I v discovered long ago. I switch off lights whenever I wanna sleep.
If am sleeping & my bulb was switched on, I ll wake up. There's this kinda brightness that ll reflected on my face & travelled down to my brain.
Last Bullet
Some people ll say that they can't sleep without light cos of security reason. They can sleep without light by placing a tourchlight, match stick & candle of lantern in a corner. All they need is to go & switch them on when they get up.

1 Like

Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by tempem: 8:26am On Jul 13, 2014
Hmmm! This life.
Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by Marlett: 8:26am On Jul 13, 2014
.nice
Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by slimkay83(m): 8:30am On Jul 13, 2014
In my face me I box u house, everyone is seen emptying their potty with different coloured urine first thing in d morning. Funnily, a fight broke out between Mama Nkechi and her husband on how fast a potty as big as 5litres get filled up before 2am. Most Nigerians re guilty of number 3.
Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by victorazy(m): 8:30am On Jul 13, 2014
Am not buying
Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 13, 2014
Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by bigass(f): 8:32am On Jul 13, 2014
sleepy
Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 8:32am On Jul 13, 2014
smiley
Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by SugaryBelle(f): 8:35am On Jul 13, 2014
I'm guilty of some of these.Lately,every morning I feel so heavy and wonder why I even bothered to sleep cos its just as if I only shut my eyes without falling asleep.smh
Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by decode55(m): 8:38am On Jul 13, 2014
Hmmmm
Re: 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep by UuzbaGuuzba: 8:44am On Jul 13, 2014
The information does not apply to Black People. All the puctures shown are of white people.

So we need another list.
OP do the needful.

Thanks. smiley

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? / Nnamdi Obasi Is Dead! Son Of IMSU VC Dies After Surgery In Owerri Hospital / Man Faints, Dies Of Hunger In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.