Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,427 members, 7,836,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Life After The University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Life After The University (290 Views)

The Reality Of Life After Graduation / My Husband Still Rides Okada - Success' Mum Speaks On Life After The Viral Video / Sights From The University Of Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Life After The University by Asiri1991: 11:45pm On Jul 11, 2021
Someone identified as Edu Onicha wrote this.

ONU NNADI AKARAMA

I am Edu Onicha. Many of you knew me with that name on or before our graduation from EBSU, the free for all varsity. I made my little input yesterday concerning the payment going on in this group and was greeted with savoured and soured responses. My writing was annoying and I am happy it was. It should be; I am angry. We all should be. The 09 set I know failed me in my school days and failed everyone of us outside the school calendar. I said so not because I needed any help from my pairs nor was I the worst in any sphere of studentship. I came to EBSU prepared and enjoyed every aspect of the school life. The BEER GANGS know what I've written. If the word UNITY is anything I know or have seen in comparative readings, it shouldn't be attributed to us or anything related to our set as students. A set that failed everyone. A set that made friends foes and lovers, haters. A set that the intellectually gifted were demi-gods and the less exposed, crumbs. A set that had the best brains and never made a first-class. A set of woes and reckoning. A set that prides lecturing jobs order than business ownership. A set that guilt will forever leave its members. A set that graduated never to meet again. It is quite unbecoming that we are now seeking unity in the mist of our disunity. A fire brigade approach that never solved any problem. A technique devoid of thoughts and punder. A thought practically invincible. We have come a long way separately since we left the fold of studentship - that gullible state where ability to speak and write coherently defined humanity. A place where social relation is less considered and the pride of "what-I-will-be-tomorrow" beclouds everyone's thought. But it's all over. Over with name callings and exam superiority. Over with intelligence and super humanity. Over with tribes and state of origin. Over with masculinity and femininity. Now,we are drawn in a world of reality. A world I need the likes of Chidimma, Thankgod and Winnie to survive in my city. A world where our exam invincibility matters less. I remember a day I literally foresaw a group like this. A day we were lost in the thoughts of graduation and plagues. A day I defined my humanity among my set. A day my inner self asked me to beg on others behalf. The day I begged for our unity and was ridiculed. A day we planned for a party for a set but never for the well-being of the set. The day I resigned my membership of the disunited set. It's dawn on us. We now know that Chiamaka from Rivers is as important as Chinwuba from Anambra or Nwifuru from Ebonyi. We are fighting so hard to be one. We failed to be one when we were ment to be one. A fire brigade approach has never solved any problem in human life. Only the likes of Buhari thinks it does. Forgive me if my writing offends you. It shouldn't be as painful as the time Maureen Okorokene was buried without our presence as a class. Same is applicable to the sickly Rose Okoronkwo that only welcomed the presence of few of us in Port Harcourt before she bid goodbye. Or, is it as paradoxical as those waiting to be issued attendance certificates since 2013. It shouldn't offend anyone here. We're adults and capable of handling collective and personal affairs. We failed to unite when we ought to. The time that studentship drew the line of brotherhood. We failed. Yes, we did. Bridges have been made gullies and brothers, enemies, and friends, foes. I no longer call the likes of ThankGod and Awoke and both no longer call me. It is difficult to rebuild. It's simply impossible; I am sorry if I am sarcastic. We've come a long way. The wide field where some are happily married and only listen to their husbands' opinions. Some are contented with their jobs as graduate assistants and lecturers. Some are doing good and bad businesses within and outside Nigeria. A state where independence is known to each of us. We were once dependent on one another for survival. It's no longer so. Ask yourself what makes some persons not to write here or just pay the approved sum secretly. Life is dire and decisions taken. I am not the worst hit, and will never be. I'll always stand for the voiceless. Thank God I escaped the shithole when I could. In the end, I am not happy about the 09 set outside "the bike group?" No. I am not. And a lot of us are not too. Let's face the fact, a lot of us are angry. I'm not angry because i was treated badly by any of us. I am angry because many of us were hurt unjustly. Good to know, one of us here was my first employer outside the university system and even the person we're contributing the sum for had contacted me for a job position before now though I couldn't take it. We are not enemies. Unity is a word we failed in its true meaning. I believe we'll be better united in our disunity than trying to mend fences where there are no pegs. The evidence is in the response to the payment. We were never ment to be united. Let's forget the wide goose chase. It's not possible. Call the likes of Ezeilo, Oge, Winnie, Prisca, Ngozi, Safejourney, and the rest, the story is the same.
Re: Life After The University by chatinent: 11:49pm On Jul 11, 2021
Mehn...
Re: Life After The University by clockwisereport: 7:26am On Jul 12, 2021
Odiegwu really

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Authentic Trade Test Certificate / Professional Computer Training In Ibadan / If You're An HND Holder, Stop Feeling Inferior!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.