Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,310 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control (30044 Views)

Senate Passes LG Autonomy Bill / Convention: APC Governors Propose Feb 26, Al-makura, Musa Lead Chairman Race / South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by bestdudes: 5:37pm On Jul 12, 2021
Esseite:
You just have to give it to the co-ordination of the Southwest Governors..
I like the way they are going about it to be candid. I just hope that this is not another move to garner supports and sell out after a while... it will be too costly
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by Buckeyemedia1: 5:37pm On Jul 12, 2021
KGD10:

Conclusion, your Fulani brain is dead! Your nomadic Fulani brain have yet to answer my question on how Bini jumped over Ondo and Ogun to own Lagos? Or how Lagos was named a Yoruba word, eko? Or how Yorubas are the ones living in there and speaking Yoruba language. Your dead brain couldn't answer none of it.

Lagos is a Yoruba land. Sink that into your Fulani skull.

Let me put into your Fulani's brain that Oduduwa for example was said to have descended from the sky hence why the people of Ile-ife made him their king. He acclimatised into Yoruba culture and became one of them. Same was said of Prince Ado. It doesn't make Ile-ife or Eko someone else land.
Zombie Oduduwa descended from which sky? Are you copying Greek mythology?

Ife tradition, which modern Yoruba historians accord precedence, relates that Oduduwa was an emissary from the community of Oke-Ora, the easternmost part of the Ife cultural area which stretches towards the Northeastern Ijesa people. He descended from the Hills on a chain, earning the oriki Atewonro (which means 'one who descends on a chain'). He is said to have been a warrior that wore armor made of iron. At that time, a confederacy existed between the 13 communities of the valley of Ile-Ife, with each community or 'Elu' having its own Oba; the Oba of Ijugbe, the Oba of Ijio, the Oba of Iwinrin etc.

When Oduduwa rose to be a prominent citizen of ancient Ife, he and his group are believed to have conquered or gained support of most of the 13 component communities and deposed Obatala, subsequently evolving the palace structure with its effective centralized power and dynasty. Due to this, he is commonly referred to as the first Ooni of Ife and progenitor of the legitimate kings of the Yoruba people.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by KGD10: 5:40pm On Jul 12, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Zombie Oduduwa descended from which sky? Are you copying Greek mythology?

Ife tradition, which modern Yoruba historians accord precedence, relates that Oduduwa was an emissary from the community of Oke-Ora, the easternmost part of the Ife cultural area which stretches towards the Northeastern Ijesa people. He descended from the Hills on a chain, earning the oriki Atewonro (which means 'one who descends on a chain'). He is said to have been a warrior that wore armor made of iron. At that time, a confederacy existed between the 13 communities of the valley of Ile-Ife, with each community or 'Elu' having its own Oba; the Oba of Ijugbe, the Oba of Ijio, the Oba of Iwinrin etc.

When Oduduwa rose to be a prominent citizen of ancient Ife, he and his group are believed to have conquered or gained support of most of the 13 component communities and deposed Obatala, subsequently evolving the palace structure with its effective centralized power and dynasty. Due to this, he is commonly referred to as the first Ooni of Ife and progenitor of the legitimate kings of the Yoruba people.

Ode. No one knows where Oduduwa came from. He was different hence why the Yoruba referred him as a sky god. Obviously he came from a place which no one knows. Anyway, he acclimatised into Yoruba culture and became one of them and the people in Ile Ife made him their King. That doesn't make Ile Ife belongs to anyone else! It belongs to the Yoruba! You get?
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by Olidamotors: 5:42pm On Jul 12, 2021
Wishing you an amazing week going forward.

Cheers!.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by Buckeyemedia1: 5:48pm On Jul 12, 2021
KGD10:

Ode. No one knows where Oduduwa came from. He was different hence why the Yoruba referred him as a sky god. Obviously he came from a place which no one knows. Anyway, he acclimatised into Yoruba culture and became one of them and the people in Ile Ife made him their King. That doesn't make Ile Ife belongs to anyone else! It belongs to the Yoruba! You get?
He is from Ijesa, who dash am sky God? All that is pure Greek mythology been sold to dummies.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 12, 2021
Olidamotors:

I am not Igbo, but I am a student of history. Technically Igbo people together with some other tribes now in the south south were in a sort of Psuedo Confederation called the Aro confederacy, before the British sent their soldiers here in the 1900s and over 10,000 of the Aro soldiers were killed.

Most Igbo people would argue that before the Civil war, there were no igbo speaking clan that had any issue with being called igbo. they all embraced the igbo identity without questions, this obviously is no longer the case since the loss of the civil war. Hence the claim of most igbo people that the British government and Nigeria as a country has bastardized and balkanized igbo people.

I meant no disrespect, only intent was to inform without prejudice. Heres to hoping that you appreciate honesty, Fingers crossed!

Wishing you an amazing week going forward.

Cheers!.
Please where is your source?
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by KGD10: 5:48pm On Jul 12, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
He is from Ijesa, who dash am sky God? All that is pure Greek mythology been sold to dummies.

Ode. Na you bring him from ijesha? You dey ment?
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by Buckeyemedia1: 5:53pm On Jul 12, 2021
KGD10:

Ode. Na you bring him from ijesha? You dey ment?

In Greek mythology, the primordial deities are the first generation of gods and goddesses. These deities represented the fundamental forces and physical foundations of the world and were generally not actively worshipped, being largely unanthropomorphized personifications of places or abstract concepts.

Hesiod's firstborn (after Chaos) are Gaia, Tartarus, Eros, Erebus, Hemera and Nyx. Gaia and Uranus in turn gave birth to the Titans, and the Cyclopes. The Titans Cronus and Rhea then gave birth to the generation of the Olympians, Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, Hestia, Hera and Demeter, who overthrow the Titans, with the reign of Zeus marking the end of the period of warfare and usurpation among the gods.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by KGD10: 5:56pm On Jul 12, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:

In Greek mythology, the primordial deities are the first generation of gods and goddesses. These deities represented the fundamental forces and physical foundations of the world and were generally not actively worshipped, being largely unanthropomorphized personifications of places or abstract concepts.

Hesiod's firstborn (after Chaos) are Gaia, Tartarus, Eros, Erebus, Hemera and Nyx. Gaia and Uranus in turn gave birth to the Titans, and the Cyclopes. The Titans Cronus and Rhea then gave birth to the generation of the Olympians, Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, Hestia, Hera and Demeter, who overthrow the Titans, with the reign of Zeus marking the end of the period of warfare and usurpation among the gods.

How does this nonsense correlate to the topic of the discourse? Just like Oduduwa acclimatised into Yoruba culture, became one of them and was made a king in Ile Ife, so was Prince Ado in Lagos. It doesn't make any of these lands belonging to someone elses! They both belong to the Yorubas, have the Yorubas in the land and speak Yoruba languages. Sink that into your skull!

1 Like

Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by Buckeyemedia1: 6:00pm On Jul 12, 2021
KGD10:

How does this nonsense correlate to the topic of the discourse? Just like Oduduwa acclimatised into Yoruba culture, became one of them and was made a king in Ile Ife, so was Prince Ado in Lagos. It doesn't make any of these lands belonging to someone elses! They both belong to the Yorubas, have the Yorubas in the land and speak Yoruba languages. Sink that into your skull!
Negro who is discussing with you social illiterate? I am trying to educate you dullard for posterity’s sake.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by KGD10: 6:03pm On Jul 12, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Negro who is discussing with you social illiterate? I am trying to educate you dullard for posterity’s sake.

Educate yourself first! Nonsense and ingredient!
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by Gfskw: 6:30pm On Jul 12, 2021
Yeah
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by Simbrixton(m): 6:38pm On Jul 12, 2021
Baawaa:
These people are vision less, they have nothing to offer
you must be fula
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by Simbrixton(m): 6:42pm On Jul 12, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
True talk, Lagos State is Federal Government project, Oba Dosunmu ceded it to the British in 1861, Britain handed it over to The Federal Government on 1st October 1960, before 1861, Lagos Colony was the property of the Oba of Benin as asserted by Oba Kosoko. Go read your history. That is why that Mumu Igboho was rattled by the Federal Government, who told him Lagos was Oduduwa?
just like yorubas own bini by virtue of oranmiyan ruling dynasty
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by Simbrixton(m): 6:44pm On Jul 12, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Why get into words with you illiterate punk? The first Oba of Lagos to be buried in Lagos was Oba Dosunmu, all other Obas before him were buried in Bini.
Oba ologun kutere was buried in lagos we are descendants of obalufon
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by KGD10: 6:47pm On Jul 12, 2021
Simbrixton:
Oba ologun kutere was buried in lagos we are descendants of obalufon

You dey mind that Fulani? Bini that have their kings' heads buried in Ile Ife is the one that owns Lagos? They jumped Ondo and Ogun to own Lagos? Na ment?
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by Nigeriadondie: 6:57pm On Jul 12, 2021
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by Simbrixton(m): 7:00pm On Jul 12, 2021
KGD10:

You dey mind that Fulani? Bini that have their kings' heads buried in Ile Ife is the one that owns Lagos? They jumped Ondo and Ogun to own Lagos? Na ment?
esan people itsekiris and many others dan cast dem finish
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by pacespot(m): 7:13pm On Jul 12, 2021
Only Yoruba's deserve to rule this country.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by musicwriter(m): 7:15pm On Jul 12, 2021
Kudos to South West governors. This resolution looks matured and I don't see any other way it could be. But this is what a man called Odumegwu Ojukwu argued from the 1960's till it led to the British and Nigeria VS Biafra civil war.

In order for African nations or, in fact, any other colonized country to be successful, they must first discover themselves by understanding that their real identity is their ethnic nationality. And then, if we so much want to be called Nigerian, we must re-negotiate (as the able governors are doing) how we want to co-exist distinct from what European colonialists wanted us to be. Only then shall our diversity make sense because we'll unleash the best of our intellect participating in a nation that we the people created for and by ourselves.

1 Like

Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by Baawaa(m): 7:26pm On Jul 12, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Visionless like how? Hope you will able to tell me if no you are the most useless man in the world.
By their names we shall know them,even your mentor Tinubu is a rogue and thief
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by princeabdul(m): 7:30pm On Jul 12, 2021
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by n4james2021: 7:43pm On Jul 12, 2021
Let's all voice out our minds on Nigeria's security problems. Try to participate in this national webinar via ZOOM: https:///3ydVe6p

You can also WATCH LIVE on Facebook and share your views in the comment session: https:///e/P3DiTZ0k?ti=wa

Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by LoveThemChubby(m): 7:45pm On Jul 12, 2021
Igboid:

Don't be silly:

https://www.nairaland.com/985014/ohanaeze-draft-submission-nass-committee

You are like 10years late to the party and you are whining your mouth up and down like you said what no one else had said before you started reasoning.
That is my problem with ipob supporters (always quick to insult). If you can't spot the difference then I am sorry I can't help. Continue your chest beating in peace
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 12, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Why do some of you just feel you have to abuse someone before passing an opinion. I hate f00lish people like you.

Government is continuous, you can't expect Tinubu to develop every part of Lagos between 1999 and 2007... If am as daft as you, I will also tell you sanwo olu have constructed more km of roads in ikorodu than Fashola.

I won't be wasting my time with hate filled person like you again. You go shock the way we go vote for him in 2023.

I moveeee

I think this your comment should be directed to yourself. you were the one who insulted me in Yoruba so i made you see the reality of your folly. Tinubu did nothing for Lagos but rather laid a structure akin to a mafia organization with him at the top of the food chain. He hand picks people and places them in positions and you call that continuity!!!!!!!! Bros have a conscience and stop all this image laundering.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by EMMY76: 8:36pm On Jul 12, 2021
I know the core north won't agree to most of this proposals but if the middle belt and the southern governors can agree I believe it can go through.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by avidleo: 8:40pm On Jul 12, 2021
As usual the devil is in the details.

While SW Governor's are asking for local government council autonomy on one hand they are asking for the power to create local government councils.

afroniger:

https://punchng.com/swest-govs-propose-six-regions-demand-lg-autonomy-resource-control/
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by SIRTee15: 9:28pm On Jul 12, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Please what was the capital of The Old Western Region of Nigeria, (a) Ibadan, (b) Lagos? The right answer will correct your thinking. Mumudey Lagos State is Federal Government property.

Lagos state cannot be F.G property. Maybe Lagos island, VI and ikoyi. But mainland is staunchly southwest.
The whole of Ikeja, oshodi all the way to ikorodu and extending to lekki was part of western region.
It's just like claiming otta, Agbara or mowe is part of Lagos state because of proximity.
He go shock all of u when the map is redrawn and 90 percent of Lagos remain in southwest.
Any way, that's unnecessary; if Nigeria breaks up, Lagos will be fully incorporated into southwest including the okun people in kogi and igbomina in kwara.
U guys can have ilorin until they receive sense n regard omoluabi ethics above a foreign religion.

2 Likes

Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by Chinny024(f): 10:12pm On Jul 12, 2021
E don dey done!!!!
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by Buckeyemedia1: 10:22pm On Jul 12, 2021
SIRTee15:

Lagos state cannot be F.G property. Maybe Lagos island, VI and ikoyi. But mainland is staunchly southwest.
The whole of Ikeja, oshodi all the way to ikorodu and extending to lekki was part of western region.
It's just like claiming otta, Agbara or mowe is part of Lagos state because of proximity.
He go shock all of u when the map is redrawn and 90 percent of Lagos remain in southwest.
Any way, that's unnecessary; if Nigeria breaks up, Lagos will be fully incorporated into southwest including the okun people in kogi and igbomina in kwara.
U guys can have ilorin until they receive sense n regard omoluabi ethics above a foreign religion.
Ok it is you that will tell the Federal Government of Nigeria which part of Lagos belongs to them? because it was your ancestors that demarcated the boundaries? Nothing less than the Igboho treatment will be administered on you, the moral of the story is simple, nobody is going anywhere, where you own history stops, another person’s starts., anyone who tries any secessionist rubbish will be dealt with.

The Federal Government allowed the illiterate secessionist act the fool in Ondo, Ogun, Osun, Ekiti, Oyo States, I guess he saved the best for last, the second he mentioned Lagos, he became a thing of the past, history, a fugitive on the run.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by chisky02: 10:34pm On Jul 12, 2021
This is why I love South westerners, they don't joke, if they want something, they will sit and discuss it and get it, not my confused leaders from South East, never speak in One voice.

1 Like

Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by KGD10: 10:38pm On Jul 12, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Ok it is you that will tell the Federal Government of Nigeria which part of Lagos belongs to them? because it was your ancestors that demarcated the boundaries? Nothing less than the Igboho treatment will be administered on you, the moral of the story is simple, nobody is going anywhere, where you own history stops, another person’s starts., anyone who tries any secessionist rubbish will be dealt with.

The Federal Government allowed the illiterate secessionist act the fool in Ondo, Ogun, Osun, Ekiti, Oyo States, I guess he saved the best for last, the second he mentioned Lagos, he became a thing of the past, history, a fugitive on the run.

Look at this Fulani Terrorist. You can do nothing to Igboho. If dey born the cowardly Buhari well, let him visit Igboho in his house! Who's Buhari without the federal might? He dey ment? Btw, it's Lagos who fed you fools, including the fg and the accursed North! Sink that into your nomadic parasitic skull!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ipalibo Gogo-Banigo, Rivers Deputy Governor / Oshiomhole Receives Prince Eheneden Erediauwa At The Govt House (photos) / Trump Silent On Phone Conversation With Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.