Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control (30043 Views)

Senate Passes LG Autonomy Bill / Convention: APC Governors Propose Feb 26, Al-makura, Musa Lead Chairman Race / South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by Uchek(m): 10:32am On Mar 03, 2023
Noisemaking reloading!

bestdudes:
I like the way they are going about it to be candid. I just hope that this is not another move to garner supports and sell out after a while... it will be too costly
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by Uchek(m): 4:04pm On Mar 04, 2023
You are engaging low-information, low-intelligence and low-comprehension ignoramus who indolently and uncritically regurgitate ethnic-massaging half-truths and falsehoods. I totally agree with your take on Zik, Awo and Bello. Zik is the #1 tragedy of Igbo nation

mancoconut:

Ironsi didn't truncate true federalism, what you half-wits don't realize is that after Ironsi's death, the regional governments still EXISTED... it was Gowon that took over and actually abrogated the existing regional government structure by further creating more states in the build up to the Nigerian civil war; thus completely destroying true federalism. Ironsi was only made a scape goat because he was accused of promoting "Igbo domination", which was the fear of the North following Ironsi's refusal to deal with the January 15 coup plotters...Gowon met the regional governments still intact when he took over, and he was the one that unilaterally dissolved it, yet every history revisionist seems to be develop selective amnesia on this one.

Zik couldn't have single-handedly inserted the clause that prevented secession, or are you trying to Imply that Zik wielded so much unquestionable power that the leaders from other regions just folded their hands as one man changed the cause of a whole nation's political destiny? Don't get me wrong Zik had his faults, and it can't be argued even among Igbos that he was too nationalistic for his own good (unlike Awo who was more pro-Western region and Balewa/Ahmadu Bellow both pro-North), it was only Zik who carried "One Nigeria" on his head to the detriment of even his own Igbo people. That's why till date, Igbos hold Ojukwu in far higher regard that Zik...
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by gabbytabby: 4:56pm On Mar 04, 2023
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by mancoconut: 1:48am On Mar 05, 2023
Uchek:
You are engaging low-information, low-intelligence and low-comprehension ignoramus who indolently and uncritically regurgitate ethnic-massaging half-truths and falsehoods. I totally agree with your take on Zik, Awo and Bello. Zik is the #1 tragedy of Igbo nation

Nwanne Zik and Ironsi were indeed tragic parts of our history as Ndigbo, those two are cumulatively the reason why Ndigbo are stuck in this mess and quagmire that we're in today...that's why I never resonated with the ideals of my dad who was a core Zikist, apparently he always feted and serenaded Zik as this great nationalist...I believed him at first, until I decided to read more about Zik as I got older, only then till I realize Zik for all his accomplishments was more of a curse than a blessing to Igbos for several reasons (I personally believe Awolowo was a better politican than he was). As for Ironsi, the less said the better.

1 Like

Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by Corn247: 10:53am On Apr 08, 2023
SE, SS, SW, lets come together to push this thing since it's what we all want. We can make this happen now that Tinubu is the president.

1 Like

Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by BloomingDale(f): 10:56am On Apr 08, 2023
Corn247:
SE, SS, SW, lets come together to push this thing since it's what we all want. We can make this happen now that Tinubu is the president.

We can also lobby North Central.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by Corn247: 10:58am On Apr 08, 2023
BloomingDale:

We can also lobby North Central.

100%, we just need few more states in the middle belt to make 2/3, and the bill will be passed.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by Odogwuzack: 10:58am On Apr 08, 2023
Way to go.....
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by Corn247: 10:59am On Apr 08, 2023
I believe we can do this now, we have the right, knowledge and the power if we come together
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by Corn247: 11:01am On Apr 08, 2023
Norths should not be dictating for educated southerners, moreover, it will put an end to insecurities.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control by Corn247: 11:02am On Apr 08, 2023
Some middle belt has their own oil too now, enough is enough!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Labour Party Holds Town Hall Meeting In Kano (Pictures) / Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister / Peter Obi Applauds Buhari's Decision To Postpone 2023 Population Census

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.