Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest (31789 Views)

More Than 400 Detained In Russia As Country Mourns The Death Of Alexei Navalny / 7.6 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Japan As Country Braces For 16Ft Tsunami / China Deploys Army Of Ducks To Fight Off Biggest Locust Invasion In 20 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by Princedapace(m): 1:03pm On Jul 12, 2021
bigdammyj:
Noted

Africa my Africa!!!

Calm down, it happened in the USA this year na.

2 Likes

Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by Princedapace(m): 1:03pm On Jul 12, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
How many people police don kill?

They use rubber bullets
Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by AkalaJ: 1:04pm On Jul 12, 2021
@TMKsouth: What's your opinion on the present situation, being a South African yourself. I would like to hear your informed insights. Is Zuma that popular amongst the masses, for his incarceration to be generating this much upheaval? What exactly is going on? My initial impression was that he's a very unpopular figure, but this recent riots are making me have a rethink.
Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by Lionessza6(f): 1:06pm On Jul 12, 2021
Shattuck:
Your judicial system is fighting for you, you are protesting against it, if sa loves corruption so much we will be willing to export some of our notoriously corrupt leaders to them.

The judiciary is selective and factional, they're not fighting for the masses but for Ramaphosa to stay in power so that the white elite could continue looting with him and his side of the ANC. If Zuma is corrupt then let him be charged for corruption not this rubbish. He's not the only one to give that commission and parliament the middle finger .

1 Like

Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by TMKsouth: 1:06pm On Jul 12, 2021
Shattuck:
Your judicial system is fighting for you, you are protesting against it, if sa loves corruption so much we will be willing to export some of our notoriously corrupt leaders to them.

You should understand these are the actions of his supporters. The majority of the country is against this - that's why there were huge "Zuma must Go" protests. So don't say SA loves corruption.

1 Like

Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by TMKsouth: 1:09pm On Jul 12, 2021
AkalaJ:
@TMKsouth: What's your opinion on the present situation, being a South African yourself. I would like to hear your informed insights. Is Zuma that popular amongst the masses, for his incarceration to be generating this much upheaval? What exactly is going on? My initial impression was that he's a very unpopular figure, but this recent riots are making me have a rethink.

The majority of the country is against Zuma and corruption - that's why he was forced out of office prematurely. We welcome the deployment of the army. Zuma's support is based on Zulu nationalism - that's why the protests are limited to KwaZulu-Natal and poor parts of Johannesburg. The country's other 7 provinces have been peaceful over the past week of violence.

4 Likes

Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by int0x80(m): 1:10pm On Jul 12, 2021
This is what Nigeria needs but Nigerians are cowards grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by bigcasava1(m): 1:11pm On Jul 12, 2021
This useless people don start again. Make they no target nigeria property
Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 12, 2021
Nigerians are terrible people, aren't they?
Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by JaceBlaze: 1:15pm On Jul 12, 2021
GodHatesBigots:
We need to colonise South Africans and civilise them !!!! angry

This is very funny.
Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by Rilley(m): 1:17pm On Jul 12, 2021
I hope these unfortunate bastards won't target other African businesses again? because I do trust there stupidity.

7 Likes

Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by Lionessza6(f): 1:18pm On Jul 12, 2021
GodHatesBigots:
lazy 'animals'

You're trying too hard to be noticed buddy ....too hard grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by Lionessza6(f): 1:19pm On Jul 12, 2021
Rilley:
I hope these unfortunate bastards won't target other African businesses again? because I do trust there stupidity.

Too late grin. Have you stopped looting onions from Fulani farmers over there? grin grin
Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by Lionessza6(f): 1:22pm On Jul 12, 2021
Franckly62:
Blind devotion to a corrupt man

He has never been charged with an corruption though ,so until then he is innocent wink.

1 Like

Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by Lionessza6(f): 1:24pm On Jul 12, 2021
ivolt:

The price of placing emotions above rational thinking.
The harsh sentence for contempt of court is very strange.
It will have been more fitting to jail him for actual corruption rather than contempt which could usually be handled in a more civil way.

Innocent business owners are now at the receiving end.

Correct !. But I suspect they know that they have nothing on him ( corruption-wise) ,so they will just humiliate him and it is backfiring.....their businesses are now being humiliated grin grin. Insurance companies are shaking wink.

1 Like

Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by Lionessza6(f): 1:25pm On Jul 12, 2021
SmartPolician:
The black man is deeply sick.
The state is working hard to bring a corrupt ex-president to justice and you guys are embarking on violent protest.
This is the same reason that Nigeria's past presidents are untouchable, no matter what they did in office.

Which court in South Africa has proven that he's corrupt ? grin. Is he in prison for corruption?
Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by Lionessza6(f): 1:28pm On Jul 12, 2021
BigSarah:
angry sure burn Down everything that'll make it better

It will hurt the pockets of the targets wink. And insurance companies that are involved in this whole saga will bleed as well.
Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by AngelicBeing: 1:29pm On Jul 12, 2021
SmartPolician:
The black man is deeply sick.
The state is working hard to bring a corrupt ex-president to justice and you guys are embarking on violent protest.
This is the same reason that Nigeria's past presidents are untouchable, no matter what they did in office.
Gbam, gbamer, gbamest sad
Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by skallion7(m): 1:31pm On Jul 12, 2021
int0x80:
This is what Nigeria needs but Nigerians are cowards grin grin
The South Africans are looting shops in the name of protesting over a corrupt president with six people dead already and you're saying Nigerians are cowards.

Are you alright in the head?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by BigSarah(f): 1:32pm On Jul 12, 2021
Lionessza6:

It will hurt the pockets of the targets wink. And insurance companies that are involved in this whole saga will bleed as well.

Using Zumas ordeal to deal with foreigners is a huge low...
Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by obinnajr(m): 1:33pm On Jul 12, 2021
I WONDER HOW THESE PEOPLE SLEEP AFTER BURNING DOWN SOMEONE'S TIRELESS EFFORT TO PROVE A STUPID POINT.
Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by Lionessza6(f): 1:34pm On Jul 12, 2021
BigSarah:

Using Zumas ordeal to deal with foreigners is a huge low...

LMFAO, so foreigners own malls,multi national food chains, & insurance companies in South Africa? grin grin grin. Please follow the story well before commenting........
Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by Agugbadin: 1:37pm On Jul 12, 2021
There is no solution to the problem of bad leadership in black nations. If South African Americans can come out to protest against the arrest of a corrupt past leader like Zuma it is saddening.
Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by TMKsouth: 1:37pm On Jul 12, 2021
Lionessza6:

You're trying too hard to be noticed buddy ....too hard grin grin grin

Lioness are you proud of yourself right now? This is what you've been calling for. The future of your children going to the dogs.
Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by FBIBOT(m): 1:41pm On Jul 12, 2021
Lol..... Chai Africa...
Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by Lionessza6(f): 1:42pm On Jul 12, 2021
TMKsouth:

Lioness are you proud of yourself right now? This is what you've been calling for. The future of your children going to the dogs.

LMFAO, oh please !. More like the future of whitty children and those of the BEE (90s )beneficiaries like Ramampimpi grin. The people doing this are dirt poor and hopeless, they could careless about the " economy " grin grin. Those who have an economy must go and calm them down wink. Leave peasants like myself out of this shyt grin.
Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by kingthreat(m): 1:43pm On Jul 12, 2021
Amuluonyenaego:
I hope they will not brutalise the masses like Nigerian army.

You call them masses? People burning shopping complexes and public infrastructure does not deserve to be treated like masses.
Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by Abagworo(m): 1:43pm On Jul 12, 2021
Why not simply release Zuma to avert disaster. Alk politicians are corrupt and each of those corrupt politicians has thousands to millions who benefited from them and wouldn't be happy if their own corrupt leader is jailed while other corrupt leaders walk freely. The best way to bring peace is either to jail all the corrupt leaders or release Zuma.

1 Like

Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by Lionessza6(f): 1:44pm On Jul 12, 2021
Agugbadin:
There is no solution to the problem of bad leadership in black nations. If South African Americans can come out to protest against the arrest of a corrupt past leader like Zuma it is saddening.

He has not been charged for any corruption hence the protests ,now if they take him to court and charge him for corruption ( with evidence) then most people will not be bothered.
Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by BigSarah(f): 1:46pm On Jul 12, 2021
Lionessza6:

LMFAO, so foreigners own malls,multi national food chains, & insurance companies in South Africa? grin grin grin. Please follow the story well before commenting........

Car dealerships and stores are also affected, I've seen reportage of losses from small businesses..
Okay
Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by ololo12: 1:47pm On Jul 12, 2021
It’s not fair what they did to car dealerships of foreign national. There’s this particular one owned by some Yoruba guys, all the cars amounting several million rands torched, burnt down to ashes. What would those business owners do now? What has that business got to do with Zuma being arrested and sent to jail. What has burning malls that offers employment got to do with that? The country is trying to rebuild after a hard pandemic, with high unemployment rate. And these folks are burning down businesses. I give up on the black man... There’s something inherently and fundamentally wrong with the black man

TMKsouth:

2 Likes

Re: SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest by brightalo1010: 1:50pm On Jul 12, 2021
davit:
African leaders no dey disappoint!

Trump did same

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks / US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges / Snake Found On A Plane In Australia, Passengers Stranded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.