Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,799 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu (14668 Views)

Wike Gifts A Little Boy A Bundle Of Naira Notes In Port Harcourt (Video) / Bode George: Everything About Tinubu Bundle Of Lies / Sound Sultan Was Kind, Lived An Exemplary Life – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu by Lanrelagboi: 5:52pm On Jul 12, 2021
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has extended his heartfelt condolences to the Fasasi family and the Nigerian entertainment industry on the passage of a renowned rapper, singer and songwriter, Olanrewaju Fasasi, popularly known as Sound Sultan, who died on Sunday at age 44 and was buried in the United States of America in accordance with Islamic injunctions.

Governor Sanwo-Olu, in a statement issued on Monday by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Gboyega Akosile, expressed shock over the death of the singer, saying Fasasi’s demise was painful and a great loss to the deceased family, Nigerian music industry and the country as a whole.

The Governor urged the deceased family, friends, associates, fans and the entertainment practitioners to take the death of Sound Sultan as an act of God.

He said: "Sound Sultan's death is painful. He was a bundle of talents, who used his God-given gift to advance the course of mankind. His music, artistry and interest in sports were all donated at every point for the development of humanity."

Sanwo-Olu added that: “No doubt the death of a loved one is usually painful because it is irreparable but we must always take solace in God especially if the deceased had lived a good and fulfilled life, just like the late Olanrewaju Fasasi, who was a celebrated singer, comedian, rapper, songwriter and actor during his lifetime.

“Sound Sultan will be sorely missed by his family, friends, fans and the Nigerian entertainment industry as one of the pacesetters of modern hip hop music in Nigeria.

"Sound Sultan who was notable for using his music to speak against poverty, corruption, bad governance and societal ills in Nigeria, has left a vacuum that would take some time to be filled".

“I sympathise with Sound Sultan’s widow, children, siblings, family, fans and colleagues. I pray that God will grant the late Olanrewaju Fasasi eternal rest and grant the family the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.”
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159182330526013&id=735776012

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu by PrinceOfLagos: 5:54pm On Jul 12, 2021
Rest well legend

22 Likes

Re: Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu by Sunnybay7: 6:16pm On Jul 12, 2021
Rest on Sound Sultan

13 Likes

Re: Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu by Lagosfinder(m): 6:19pm On Jul 12, 2021
Rest on sultan of music

13 Likes

Re: Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu by Commentor: 7:43pm On Jul 12, 2021
Rest in peace Legend.

You'll be missed.

8 Likes

Re: Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu by NwaAmaikpe: 7:44pm On Jul 12, 2021
shocked

I still have very fond memories of Sound Sultan performing at the Star Mega Jamz shows of 1999.
It's sad he had to die so young.
I just hope he left good money and a defined will for his wife.

Because most times, these young widows are abandoned by their husband's people and they have no one to run to but their own family and I pray her family is not as strict as mine.

Because I and my family won't accept someone who ditched religion, culture and native name because of 'love'.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu by MA23: 7:44pm On Jul 12, 2021
Rest well
Re: Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:44pm On Jul 12, 2021
May his soul continue to rest in peace.
My thoughts and prayers are with the bereaved family.

1 Like

Re: Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu by Jerryherd: 7:44pm On Jul 12, 2021
sad

Basketball community in Lagos should honour him especially Festac and Ojo environ... Tournament should be held in his honour

TB Joshua and now Sound Sultan.... The good men are exiting the earth... Who knows what's coming

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu by Shikena(m): 7:44pm On Jul 12, 2021
Rest in peace Sound Sultan! Legend!
Re: Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu by Mallamjp(m): 7:45pm On Jul 12, 2021
Rest in Jannatul Firdausi ���

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu by Ceenachi: 7:45pm On Jul 12, 2021
So sad embarassed
After all battles of becoming successful in life and thinking u have made it.
Envious humans or diseases will just bring one down in the twinkle of an eye.
May we never be victims of such.
We shall live long in good health and wealth in Jesus name
Amen

May his soul rest in perfect peace

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu by IgweOfNnewi: 7:45pm On Jul 12, 2021
When he was sick, non of you help him, now he is dead, so all kind of encomiums are jumping around

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu by akesil: 7:45pm On Jul 12, 2021
What a loss
Re: Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu by slawormiir: 7:45pm On Jul 12, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Sure....he was a real talent and a real niggarr

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu by AriseNews: 7:45pm On Jul 12, 2021
Honestly, he was a good man and would be missed.

"The Doctors Said I won't Die" Listen to heart touching voice note Sound sultan sent to his best friend and family minutes before his demise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvSwbG-PX3o

3 Likes

Re: Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu by sammysmiles(m): 7:45pm On Jul 12, 2021
All this accolades were never showered while he was yet alive.... Things you don't know about yourself, jxt Wait and die first....

2 Likes

Re: Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu by elmessiahs(m): 7:45pm On Jul 12, 2021
I will really miss you... Was he a Muslim
Love language ft Duncan mighty does it for me
Re: Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu by IamPatriotic(m): 7:46pm On Jul 12, 2021
I love his sounds. He's indeed a King of sound. Sun hun re, omo akin.

7 Likes

Re: Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu by Gunboysavage(m): 7:46pm On Jul 12, 2021
All this polithiefcian's sef.. !
That was how they gave President Bubu some wack condolence script to show the media. I am damn sure the presidency do not even know what Soundsultan looked like before his demise.

Soundsultan wey talk say make dem celebrate and show him love when hin dey alive and not when he is dead knew what he was talking about.

A good man is 6 ft down now.. They're saying good about him.

I looked up to God, and i prayed for wealth and Fame, then at the same time i pray death don't make me Famous.

7 Likes

Re: Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu by Gotze1: 7:47pm On Jul 12, 2021
See them talking behind him when he died. They now act as if they care about him when he was alive.

Stupid people.

1 Like

Re: Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu by marwanafrica: 7:48pm On Jul 12, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
What a day first time i am to see you speechless.

1 Like

Re: Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu by flokii: 7:48pm On Jul 12, 2021
RIP to the Sultan of music..

This one pain me I no go lie.

3 Likes

Re: Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu by Rilley(m): 7:50pm On Jul 12, 2021
A legend! he will forever be in our hearts
Re: Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu by RexTramadol1: 7:50pm On Jul 12, 2021
The guy was very like able

I really feel for his immediate family

3 Likes

Re: Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu by Jerryherd: 7:51pm On Jul 12, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

It's sad he had to die so young.
I just hope he left good money for his wife.

Ibo man and money?! Hmmn!!

Well they need the money and all they can get because it's a cold world.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu by IamPatriotic(m): 7:51pm On Jul 12, 2021
Gotze1:
See them talking behind him when he died. They now act as if they care about him when he was alive.

Stupid people.

Stop being unreasonable, the world is wired to act this way. I'm sure you ain't Sanwo_Olu to wake up one morning and start making unnecessary compliment on on music? There's a Yoruba proverb that illustrations this culture. "Ojo a ba ku, la n d'ere"

1 Like

Re: Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu by LibertyRep: 7:54pm On Jul 12, 2021
E still dey do me like dream say both Sound Sultan and the man in the Synagogue are both 6ft down.

Life is indeed ephemeral.

#RIP gentlemen.
Re: Sound Sultan Was A Bundle Of Talents Who Used His Gifts For Humanity - Sanwo-Olu by Ropostic120(m): 7:56pm On Jul 12, 2021
I remember one Song sound Sultan sang in 2012

"Natural Something"

The song and video made senses a lot

RIP bro

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Officials Boycott Some Polling Units In Ihiala / Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari / 15 Multinationals Exit Nigeria In Three Years – NECA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.