Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,561 members, 7,816,362 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari (14666 Views)

10th Senate: Don’t Judge Me By My Performance In Buhari’s Cabinet – Akpabio / PDP not responsible for my performance, I will do well under any Party - Wike / “face Your Problems Not My Performance At PDP Primary” – Saraki Replies APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by ijustdey: 11:55pm On Dec 23, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday in Maiduguri blamed Niger Delta militants and reduced oil earnings for his challenges in office.

President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday in Maiduguri blamed Niger Delta militants and reduced oil earnings for his inferior performance in his over six years at the helm.

Mr Buhari, who was in Borno State to commission some projects undertaken by the state government, made the excuses after listening to some requests by Governor Babagana Zulum and the Shehu of Borno, Abubakar Ibn-Umar El Kanemi.

“Nigerians should be fair to the administration in terms of reflecting on where we were before we came in 2015 and where we are now,” Mr Buhari urged, “relative to time and resources, I want people to check with CBN and NNPC between 1999 and 2015. Oil production is 2.1 million barrels per day and at a cost of 100 dollars per barrel. I challenged everybody to go and check.”

Mr Buhari continued, “When we came, unfortunately, the militants from the South-South were unleashing on the pipelines, the production went down to half a million barrels per day.

“The prices went down to 36 dollars per barrel. So relative time and resources would make you know that this administration has really worked hard.”

Upon his arrival in Maiduguri, sounds of rockets fired by insurgents, Boko Haram/ISWAP, rented the air, creating panic among residents who have endured over a decade of trauma in the raging battle.

Nonetheless, the Shehu of Borno claimed before Mr Buhari that “peace has gradually returned to Borno” while thanking him for his efforts “toward bringing lasting peace in Borno as well as the entire North East Sub-Region.”

“I am happy to inform the President that farming activities have picked up in most parts of the state and many displaced persons have started to return to their communities,” he said.

Mr Elkanemi said he “will not relent in prayers for their(military’s) success for peace to prevail in all parts of the country and indeed for Mr President.”

The Shehu appealed to the president to consider the reconstruction of federal roads in the state especially Damboa-Biu Road Gamboru Ngala, Biu-Shani and Kukawa then Kukawa- Guzamala-Damasak through Gashagar to Malam Fatori.

He said that the reconstruction of the roads will not only enhance security but also accelerate rehabilitation of the destroyed communities to quickly revive the economic well-being of the displaced persons.

On his part, Mr Zulum, who expressed the same feelings, said that the successes recorded in the counter insurgency campaign wouldn’t have been possible without the commitment of the Nigerian Military, Civilian JTF and other paramilitary officers.

The governor said notwithstanding the challenges in some parts of the state, peace was gradually returning to the state.

He identified some areas in Askira Uba and the shores of Lake Chad in Northern Borno with challenges, but assured that he would partner with the service chiefs to address the emerging problems.

NAN

https://gazettengr.com/niger-delta-militants-oil-prices-affected-my-performance-buhari/

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by Totilopussylick(m): 11:59pm On Dec 23, 2021
Accept that your a complete disaster to our country.

Chasing shadows and lamenting since day one in the office lipsrsealed

259 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by Sunnymatey(m): 11:59pm On Dec 23, 2021
Just imagine
No longer blaming PDP but Militants that have been very peaceful.

267 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by Nkitara: 12:00am On Dec 24, 2021
Clown

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by Rollsnjaguar(m): 12:02am On Dec 24, 2021
I don't understand, Niger Delta Militant? How?

186 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by horsepower102: 12:06am On Dec 24, 2021
I am really laughing at Nigerians who voted this buffoon.

Anyway, he deserves third term. He must finish the work that he started which is destroying Nigeria.

197 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by Xscape1993(m): 12:08am On Dec 24, 2021
Always complaining and apportioning blames. May crisis never cease from APC. Evil party!

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by NwaNimo1(m): 12:09am On Dec 24, 2021
[img]https://media1./images/c9871e568e065ec0bfa1d52a52de15c2/tenor.gif?itemid=13112899[/img]

But not your performance in the 'ozza room'?

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by Totilopussylick(m): 12:09am On Dec 24, 2021
Sunnymatey:
Just imagine
No longer blaming PDP but Militants that have been very peaceful.
He wants to wake the resting Lions up shocked

27 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by another1: 12:13am On Dec 24, 2021
This Buhari shall

7 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by FarahAideed: 12:18am On Dec 24, 2021
When I warned you in 2015 about how to approach the Niger Delta militants you no gree and your dull zombies cheering you on to destruction

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by decasey(m): 12:21am On Dec 24, 2021
Hahahaha, so he he's finally accepted that he is a failure grin grin. Honestly this calamity media ad need to be sack grin grin

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by inoki247: 12:23am On Dec 24, 2021
lol tought you and Osinbajo dey always blow grammar say we don diversity nd we ar already reaping the fruit of diversification....

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by History555: 12:34am On Dec 24, 2021
Low oil prices did not cause food inflation
Low oil prices did not cause herdsmen invasion of farms and villages
Low oil prices did not mass unemployment
Low oil prices did not say buhari pamper bandits
Low oil prices did not say buhari don't fight corruption

Incompetence, nepotism, lack of a clear strategy and relying on propaganda did

147 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by ygowon: 12:44am On Dec 24, 2021
Thank God he didn't blame Ipob/MNK

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by daddytime(m): 12:55am On Dec 24, 2021
Wonderful....I need to be sure this news isn't coming from the stable of yeyenews.

He should have even tried to complete the "equation" by also mentioning Boko Haram or the businessmen bandits but no, he forgot to mention them.

Oh, I almost forgot. He was giving this speech at their old Trafford.

It is well.

This guy suppose contest for 2023.

The way the guy go still take win ehn...by this time 2026 we go still dey here dey read this kind news still dey complain on top the same matter.

May we get sense.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by trutht828: 1:56am On Dec 24, 2021
Buhari just agreed that he failed.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by JUSTASLIP: 1:58am On Dec 24, 2021
Excuses.. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by SmartPolician: 3:13am On Dec 24, 2021
God should fast-forward time to 2023 so that this man can get out.

9 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by Maxymilliano(m): 3:24am On Dec 24, 2021
It's no longer PDP or Jonathan. It's now oil price. " Kontiniu"

Your failure no get part two.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by MajesticKris: 5:31am On Dec 24, 2021
So whats still keeping you in office....

5 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by chiedu7: 7:54am On Dec 24, 2021

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by Mko123(m): 7:54am On Dec 24, 2021
Q
Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by Inspirer1: 7:54am On Dec 24, 2021
Rollsnjaguar:
I don't understand, Niger Delta Militant? How?
You and I know that there MUST be someone or something to blame for poor performance.

The only hope we have as Nigerians is God Almighty (for those who believe in His existence), else, no hope whatsoever except for people who kept deceiving themselves by shying away from bare facts before us.

15 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by specialmati(m): 7:54am On Dec 24, 2021
grin grin grin grin chai mr president you took the country into (-200%)backward.you really knows you have nothing to offer and you came out and deceived everyone.who will now clean you mess mr man

13 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 24, 2021
Naturally Buhari Dull Abeg....The Guy Na Dullapo..

A Failure will always have excuse......

I'm not saying Buhari is a Failure, all am saying is that he always has an excuse, and guess who always have excuses to give.......A FAILURE

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by EmekaBlue(m): 7:54am On Dec 24, 2021
Why una dey disturb our Xmas eve with this man name for frontpage up and down
Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by Hienna1: 7:55am On Dec 24, 2021
Next joke pls

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 24, 2021
Welcome to buhari.
Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by potbelly(m): 7:55am On Dec 24, 2021
Always excuses even 6 years later...

Highest level of failure...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by WhatCanIsay(m): 7:55am On Dec 24, 2021
Lol make I laugh jhoor!!! Ihe ọjọọ na-atọ ọchị (bad thing that amuses).

Abeg which of the Niger Delta militants? Abi are they so huge that the eyes can't see them again?

Lol the man don forget excuse wey he suppose give, he was inspired to say the first thing that came to his mind. Let's be happy he no call Jonathan.

The most incompetent buffoon to rule a nation.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militants, Oil Prices Affected My Performance: Buhari by JOACHINpedro: 7:55am On Dec 24, 2021
Chai!!!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Magnus Abe Joins Rivers Guber Race, Picks Nomination Form / 15 Multinationals Exit Nigeria In Three Years – NECA / What Happened To Gloria Okon?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.