Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

7 Common But Unhealthy Foods That Increases The Risk Of Diabetes - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 7 Common But Unhealthy Foods That Increases The Risk Of Diabetes (590 Views)

Top Foods That Improve Your Sex Life (Photos) / How To Reduce The Risk Of Food Poisoning / 5 Unhealthy Meats You Should Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Common But Unhealthy Foods That Increases The Risk Of Diabetes by Admob090(m): 12:07pm On Jul 13, 2021
#1. Canned Soup
Many people believe that the canned soup you buy from the supermarket contains fresh water and vegetable only. But if you read the ingredients of these cans carefully, you’ll realize that it contains a large amount of sugar. It equals the recommended amount of sugar for a day. Canned tomato soup has more sugar to make it less sour.

#2. Low-fat Yogurt
Low-fat food often attracts dieters but not all of them are really healthy. In specific, low-fat yogurts often contain 4,7g of sugar. A portion of Greek yogurt contains up to 6 – 12g of sugar.

#3. Fat-free Salad Sauce
When lowering the fat in food, producers have to increase the sugar amount to make that food taste better. As calculated 2 spoons of canned fat-free salad sauce contain 7-10g of sugar. Consuming that food for a long time may make you get high-sugar blood and increase the risk of diabetes.

#4. Ketchup
Ketchup is the favorite food of many people because it fits many dishes, such as chips, Pizza, snacks, bread, etc. However, this food is rich in sugar. A spoon of ketchup has about 4g of sugar. Moreover, it also contains a significant amount of corn syrup. This ingredient is rich in fructose that increases the risk of obesity and heart diseases.

#5. Peanut Butter
Peanut is a very common food in every kitchen. It’s a source of protein in daily meals. However, many kinds of peanut butter also contain a lot of oil and sugar. On average, 2 spoons of this butter contain about 8g of sugar. Therefore, you need to read the food information carefully before buying.

SOURCE: [url]CLASSICVIEW.COM.NG[/url]
Re: 7 Common But Unhealthy Foods That Increases The Risk Of Diabetes by Alsonjecs: 7:19pm On Dec 07, 2021
Thank you for telling me about it
Re: 7 Common But Unhealthy Foods That Increases The Risk Of Diabetes by mollyfq: 7:45pm On Dec 07, 2021
All of the foods you described in the top post can easily be made at home, and you don't have to buy them at the supermarket. I generally try to buy less ready-made food and cook at home because many ready-made foods have high sugar content. In the beginning, it surprised me just as much as can diabetics eat shrimp. But I read many books on diabetics' diets and started to understand the topic enough. As I said above, it very much depends on the diet. If you don't know what you can and can't eat, you need to consult a doctor. But suppose you at least roughly know your diet. In that case, there are plenty of articles on the Internet about how to eat a diabetic.
Re: 7 Common But Unhealthy Foods That Increases The Risk Of Diabetes by sureinfo: 8:32pm On Dec 07, 2021
Thanks for the info op, natural foods is always the best. One good beverage of note too is coffee, and Nescafe coffee is my favorite, maybe it's because I can win cool cash when I submit my empty sachets in their start with a win promo.

(1) (Reply)

Food Timetable For A Family / Native Egusi Cake / 2022 Multifunction Vegetable Cutter Kitchen Made-easy 10in1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.